Logo

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA anyone?????

Registrarse Conectarse Regresar A Los Foros

Post #1 · Publicado en 2013-06-10 06:06:26am Hace 6.3 años

Offline SpiderSliva
SpiderSliva Avatar Member
3 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2013-06-10
Log in to send this user a private messageYouTube
Xbox Gamer Tag: UFC Spid3rSilva
I live in San Diego California and mostly play DDR at home but if I go to a machine I usually go to Boomers in Clairemont and Santee. I plan on going to Nickle city to try out the ITG machine but I don't know when. Anybody play DDR from San Diego, Clairemont, Santee, La Jolla, Chula Vista, National City, or whatever area city in SD?

Post #2 · Publicado en 2015-05-02 11:15:11pm Hace 4.4 años

Offline monocleswong
monocleswong Avatar Member
14 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2013-09-22
Log in to send this user a private messageTumblr
I know this is really late, but I do play Boomers in Clairemont cause they have a decent Extreme. I'm so used to SN2 that I go to D&B, but their machine is going downhill. I feel the P1 side is anyways, I play at home too cause I don't really have a vehicle to get out all the time. I try to find machines here and there, it's a miss on how the condition is. I kind of tried Nickel City but it just looked like a ton of people just crowding the ITG2 machine there, so I just didn't play.

Post #3 · Publicado en 2015-05-11 03:43:37am Hace 4.4 años

Offline #Infinity
#Infinity Avatar Member
29 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2010-08-14
Log in to send this user a private message

Last updated: 2015-05-11 03:44am
I'm from San Diego, though I was much more active at the arcade a decade-ish ago. I still come out and play some rounds every once in a while though, especially at the Nickel City that recently moved to Miramar, as well as the Clairemont Boomers.

On another note, I think the other Boomers that you're referring to, SpiderSilva, is in El Cajon, not Santee.

Post #4 · Publicado en 2015-05-11 04:22:17am Hace 4.4 años

Offline SoulEdge5000
SoulEdge5000 Avatar Member
228 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2014-01-26
Log in to send this user a private messageTwitch
"-sigh- college T_T"
I live in Chula Vista right now. Since the TILT across from my house closed down roughly two years ago, I've been going to Brunswick Bowling Alley not too far from my home. It has a DDR SuperNOVA cabinet in perfect condition. Sometimes, my friend Rainier goes there and gives away DDR challenge coins. I currently own 5. There's also a SuperNOVA cabinet at a movie theater across from my school; however, the pads aren't well calibrated. Also, the screen's hue is not balanced (everything's lime green). If you're ever in town, hit me up. I'll bring a couple of my challenge coins.
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/Soul%27s%20Vault%202ndMIX/%5BLOONA%5D%20Butterfly/%5BLOONA%5D%20Butterfly.pnghttps://40.media.tumblr.com/8fe57356cd4c197c56f908e8e3cf30b9/tumblr_nplbhbBS981tgr9uxo1_400.png

Post #5 · Publicado en 2015-05-12 04:26:23am Hace 4.4 años

Offline monocleswong
monocleswong Avatar Member
14 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2013-09-22
Log in to send this user a private messageTumblr
Quote: SoulEdge5000
I live in Chula Vista right now. Since the TILT across from my house closed down roughly two years ago, I've been going to Brunswick Bowling Alley not too far from my home. It has a DDR SuperNOVA cabinet in perfect condition. Sometimes, my friend Rainier goes there and gives away DDR challenge coins. I currently own 5. There's also a SuperNOVA cabinet at a movie theater across from my school; however, the pads aren't well calibrated. Also, the screen's hue is not balanced (everything's lime green). If you're ever in town, hit me up. I'll bring a couple of my challenge coins.

Have they fixed the pads recently? Cause I went maybe a month ago and it was so bad on Player 1's side. I know the other SuperNova that you're talking about, it's inside that AMC. I agree with everything you've said. A lot of machines aren't listed on the arcade area, I've found many in really bad condition. Have you been to Fun 4 all? They claim to have a DDR Extreme, I wonder if it's worth going to?

Post #6 · Publicado en 2015-05-13 01:56:50am Hace 4.4 años

Offline SoulEdge5000
SoulEdge5000 Avatar Member
228 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2014-01-26
Log in to send this user a private messageTwitch
"-sigh- college T_T"
Quote: monocleswong
Quote: SoulEdge5000
I live in Chula Vista right now. Since the TILT across from my house closed down roughly two years ago, I've been going to Brunswick Bowling Alley not too far from my home. It has a DDR SuperNOVA cabinet in perfect condition. Sometimes, my friend Rainier goes there and gives away DDR challenge coins. I currently own 5. There's also a SuperNOVA cabinet at a movie theater across from my school; however, the pads aren't well calibrated. Also, the screen's hue is not balanced (everything's lime green). If you're ever in town, hit me up. I'll bring a couple of my challenge coins.

Have they fixed the pads recently? Cause I went maybe a month ago and it was so bad on Player 1's side. I know the other SuperNova that you're talking about, it's inside that AMC. I agree with everything you've said. A lot of machines aren't listed on the arcade area, I've found many in really bad condition. Have you been to Fun 4 all? They claim to have a DDR Extreme, I wonder if it's worth going to?
Now that you mention it, the pad on Player 1's side (in Brunswick) wasn't well calibrated. I visited Brunswick last week with my squad, and the step timing was slightly off when I played songs such as Xepher and Be Lovin'. I've never been to Fun 4 All; however, I do know there is an Extreme cabinet (based on the images from their website).
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/Soul%27s%20Vault%202ndMIX/%5BLOONA%5D%20Butterfly/%5BLOONA%5D%20Butterfly.pnghttps://40.media.tumblr.com/8fe57356cd4c197c56f908e8e3cf30b9/tumblr_nplbhbBS981tgr9uxo1_400.png

Post #7 · Publicado en 2015-05-13 04:55:07am Hace 4.4 años

Offline monocleswong
monocleswong Avatar Member
14 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2013-09-22
Log in to send this user a private messageTumblr
Quote: SoulEdge5000
Quote: monocleswong
Quote: SoulEdge5000
I live in Chula Vista right now. Since the TILT across from my house closed down roughly two years ago, I've been going to Brunswick Bowling Alley not too far from my home. It has a DDR SuperNOVA cabinet in perfect condition. Sometimes, my friend Rainier goes there and gives away DDR challenge coins. I currently own 5. There's also a SuperNOVA cabinet at a movie theater across from my school; however, the pads aren't well calibrated. Also, the screen's hue is not balanced (everything's lime green). If you're ever in town, hit me up. I'll bring a couple of my challenge coins.

Have they fixed the pads recently? Cause I went maybe a month ago and it was so bad on Player 1's side. I know the other SuperNova that you're talking about, it's inside that AMC. I agree with everything you've said. A lot of machines aren't listed on the arcade area, I've found many in really bad condition. Have you been to Fun 4 all? They claim to have a DDR Extreme, I wonder if it's worth going to?
Now that you mention it, the pad on Player 1's side (in Brunswick) wasn't well calibrated. I visited Brunswick last week with my squad, and the step timing was slightly off when I played songs such as Xepher and Be Lovin'. I've never been to Fun 4 All; however, I do know there is an Extreme cabinet (based on the images from their website).

Okay, so I did go there, that place is flat out garbage. There is no extreme and if there was, it would probably be really bad. Everything there is kind of…just whatever.

Post #8 · Publicado en 2015-05-14 12:59:45am Hace 4.4 años

Offline SoulEdge5000
SoulEdge5000 Avatar Member
228 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2014-01-26
Log in to send this user a private messageTwitch
"-sigh- college T_T"
Quote: monocleswong
Quote: SoulEdge5000
Quote: monocleswong
Quote: SoulEdge5000
I live in Chula Vista right now. Since the TILT across from my house closed down roughly two years ago, I've been going to Brunswick Bowling Alley not too far from my home. It has a DDR SuperNOVA cabinet in perfect condition. Sometimes, my friend Rainier goes there and gives away DDR challenge coins. I currently own 5. There's also a SuperNOVA cabinet at a movie theater across from my school; however, the pads aren't well calibrated. Also, the screen's hue is not balanced (everything's lime green). If you're ever in town, hit me up. I'll bring a couple of my challenge coins.

Have they fixed the pads recently? Cause I went maybe a month ago and it was so bad on Player 1's side. I know the other SuperNova that you're talking about, it's inside that AMC. I agree with everything you've said. A lot of machines aren't listed on the arcade area, I've found many in really bad condition. Have you been to Fun 4 all? They claim to have a DDR Extreme, I wonder if it's worth going to?
Now that you mention it, the pad on Player 1's side (in Brunswick) wasn't well calibrated. I visited Brunswick last week with my squad, and the step timing was slightly off when I played songs such as Xepher and Be Lovin'. I've never been to Fun 4 All; however, I do know there is an Extreme cabinet (based on the images from their website).

Okay, so I did go there, that place is flat out garbage. There is no extreme and if there was, it would probably be really bad. Everything there is kind of…just whatever.
To be fair, it is in the least desired part of Chula Vista.
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/Soul%27s%20Vault%202ndMIX/%5BLOONA%5D%20Butterfly/%5BLOONA%5D%20Butterfly.pnghttps://40.media.tumblr.com/8fe57356cd4c197c56f908e8e3cf30b9/tumblr_nplbhbBS981tgr9uxo1_400.png

Post #9 · Publicado en 2015-05-14 04:43:33pm Hace 4.4 años

Offline monocleswong
monocleswong Avatar Member
14 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2013-09-22
Log in to send this user a private messageTumblr
Quote: SoulEdge5000
Quote: monocleswong
Quote: SoulEdge5000
Quote: monocleswong
Quote: SoulEdge5000
I live in Chula Vista right now. Since the TILT across from my house closed down roughly two years ago, I've been going to Brunswick Bowling Alley not too far from my home. It has a DDR SuperNOVA cabinet in perfect condition. Sometimes, my friend Rainier goes there and gives away DDR challenge coins. I currently own 5. There's also a SuperNOVA cabinet at a movie theater across from my school; however, the pads aren't well calibrated. Also, the screen's hue is not balanced (everything's lime green). If you're ever in town, hit me up. I'll bring a couple of my challenge coins.

Have they fixed the pads recently? Cause I went maybe a month ago and it was so bad on Player 1's side. I know the other SuperNova that you're talking about, it's inside that AMC. I agree with everything you've said. A lot of machines aren't listed on the arcade area, I've found many in really bad condition. Have you been to Fun 4 all? They claim to have a DDR Extreme, I wonder if it's worth going to?
Now that you mention it, the pad on Player 1's side (in Brunswick) wasn't well calibrated. I visited Brunswick last week with my squad, and the step timing was slightly off when I played songs such as Xepher and Be Lovin'. I've never been to Fun 4 All; however, I do know there is an Extreme cabinet (based on the images from their website).

Okay, so I did go there, that place is flat out garbage. There is no extreme and if there was, it would probably be really bad. Everything there is kind of…just whatever.
To be fair, it is in the least desired part of Chula Vista.

Ah, I see, it did look like runned down as I was driving along the road. I moved here about late last year and I'm still trying to get around town and find new things to do and places to go to. I saw there was an X or X2 at Seaworld, kind of wished I could go play on that machine but I heard you had to buy admission to go inside.

Post #10 · Publicado en 2015-05-14 11:05:16pm Hace 4.4 años

Offline SoulEdge5000
SoulEdge5000 Avatar Member
228 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2014-01-26
Log in to send this user a private messageTwitch
"-sigh- college T_T"
Well yeah, the admission ticket for SeaWorld is a given; however, the X2 machine is in perfect condition. The last time I went, there were only a few names in the high score table.
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/Soul%27s%20Vault%202ndMIX/%5BLOONA%5D%20Butterfly/%5BLOONA%5D%20Butterfly.pnghttps://40.media.tumblr.com/8fe57356cd4c197c56f908e8e3cf30b9/tumblr_nplbhbBS981tgr9uxo1_400.png

Post #11 · Publicado en 2015-05-15 09:11:27pm Hace 4.4 años

Offline darkanine
darkanine Avatar Member+
1,195 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2014-06-30
Log in to send this user a private messageDiscord: Derekanine#9847SoundcloudYouTube
PlayStation Network: Dcdude808
I go to the Dave and Busters in Clairemont every so often. The machine there is SuperNOVA 2 and it is in pretty good contidion; the pads are maintained well. I really want to check out Sea World's X2 machine, but I haven't had the chance. If I ever do get the chance, I certainly will check it out!

Post #12 · Publicado en 2015-05-15 10:36:47pm Hace 4.4 años

Offline monocleswong
monocleswong Avatar Member
14 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2013-09-22
Log in to send this user a private messageTumblr
Eh, well maybe I will just suck it up, buy a ticket and stay for awhile to play, unless there is some time limit that you can stay in the place

Post #13 · Publicado en 2015-05-15 10:43:28pm Hace 4.4 años

Offline SoulEdge5000
SoulEdge5000 Avatar Member
228 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2014-01-26
Log in to send this user a private messageTwitch
"-sigh- college T_T"
They don't have a time limit, but if you go there just for the X2 machine, that sort of defeats the purpose of you spending $85+ just to get in.
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/Soul%27s%20Vault%202ndMIX/%5BLOONA%5D%20Butterfly/%5BLOONA%5D%20Butterfly.pnghttps://40.media.tumblr.com/8fe57356cd4c197c56f908e8e3cf30b9/tumblr_nplbhbBS981tgr9uxo1_400.png

Post #14 · Publicado en 2015-05-15 10:49:24pm Hace 4.4 años

Offline #Infinity
#Infinity Avatar Member
29 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2010-08-14
Log in to send this user a private message
I'll be honest, I've never come across a DDR arcade machine newer than SuperNova 1. It really seems like store owners have not been eager to install the newer games since about 2007, unlike Extreme, which I still see everywhere.

Post #15 · Publicado en 2015-05-15 11:00:04pm Hace 4.4 años

Offline SoulEdge5000
SoulEdge5000 Avatar Member
228 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2014-01-26
Log in to send this user a private messageTwitch
"-sigh- college T_T"
It's been discussed many times on this forum: how DDR, for the most part, lost its popularity in the US. Because of that, entertainment venue owners won't put in 'x' amount of dollars, just to have the most recent DDR sequel in their location. If they did, it's just a matter of how many people will be willing to play the game.
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/Soul%27s%20Vault%202ndMIX/%5BLOONA%5D%20Butterfly/%5BLOONA%5D%20Butterfly.pnghttps://40.media.tumblr.com/8fe57356cd4c197c56f908e8e3cf30b9/tumblr_nplbhbBS981tgr9uxo1_400.png

Post #16 · Publicado en 2015-05-15 11:06:53pm Hace 4.4 años

Offline monocleswong
monocleswong Avatar Member
14 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2013-09-22
Log in to send this user a private messageTumblr
Oh hell, well I will talk to the family and see if they want to go to Seaworld in general to do all the stuff inside. I got a niece who hasn't been and it might be worth a chance for her cause she's never seen an X2 before. So it might be some good stuff to plan to do when she arrives to town.

#Infinity, I agree, I've seen a lot of Extremes here which I didn't see a lot of when I was back home. It was SuperNova and above, to about an X2, which was poorly taken care of. The SN2 still needs some love here at the D&B, a screw or two was sticking out on P1 side and it caught on my shoe while I was playing. I tried to screw it back down and it just slid in, I'm not sure but it seems like the pads could use some help there(screws, sensors, cleaning). But they are so obsessed with getting new ticket machines in there, that almost everything is getting thrown to the side. I wouldn't be surprised if that machine eventually left there.

Post #17 · Publicado en 2015-05-16 12:49:12am Hace 4.4 años

Offline darkanine
darkanine Avatar Member+
1,195 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2014-06-30
Log in to send this user a private messageDiscord: Derekanine#9847SoundcloudYouTube
PlayStation Network: Dcdude808
Quote: SoulEdge5000
It's been discussed many times on this forum: how DDR, for the most part, lost its popularity in the US. Because of that, entertainment venue owners won't put in 'x' amount of dollars, just to have the most recent DDR sequel in their location. If they did, it's just a matter of how many people will be willing to play the game.
Also there's the fact that the newer DDR pads are not nearly as durable as the old SuperNOVA and EXTREME pads. If Konami had made durable pads with the X and X2 machines, we might have seen more of the newer cabinets.

Post #18 · Publicado en 2015-05-22 07:08:14pm Hace 4.4 años

Offline thoraway
thoraway Avatar Member
10 Mensajes
Not Set
Reg. 2015-04-27
Log in to send this user a private message
Quote: SoulEdge5000
Well yeah, the admission ticket for SeaWorld is a given; however, the X2 machine is in perfect condition. The last time I went, there were only a few names in the high score table.
I went to seaworld a few weeks ago and the pads were unplayable on both player one and two.

Post #19 · Publicado en 2015-05-22 10:46:14pm Hace 4.4 años

Offline SoulEdge5000
SoulEdge5000 Avatar Member
228 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2014-01-26
Log in to send this user a private messageTwitch
"-sigh- college T_T"
Quote: thoraway
Quote: SoulEdge5000
Well yeah, the admission ticket for SeaWorld is a given; however, the X2 machine is in perfect condition. The last time I went, there were only a few names in the high score table.
I went to seaworld a few weeks ago and the pads were unplayable on both player one and two.
Well, it has been a while since I last visited.
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/Soul%27s%20Vault%202ndMIX/%5BLOONA%5D%20Butterfly/%5BLOONA%5D%20Butterfly.pnghttps://40.media.tumblr.com/8fe57356cd4c197c56f908e8e3cf30b9/tumblr_nplbhbBS981tgr9uxo1_400.png

Post #20 · Publicado en 2015-06-03 01:37:55am Hace 4.3 años

Offline darkanine
darkanine Avatar Member+
1,195 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2014-06-30
Log in to send this user a private messageDiscord: Derekanine#9847SoundcloudYouTube
PlayStation Network: Dcdude808
Last weekend, I went to Dave and Busters, which is still undergoing remodeling. Twice, the Supernova2 machine's P2 pad's up arrow stayed on after I pressed it, which caused me to fail. I talked with the staff and he sent a technician to fix it. I also talked with him about adding a new machine i.e. X and X2, but it didn't seem like that would happen.
Registrarse Conectarse Regresar A Los Foros

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2019 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 2% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2019-10-18 13:16:35
Esta página tomó 0.014 segundos en ejecutarse.
Theme: starlight · Language: spanish
Reset Theme & Language