Logo

TAG and SUPER STAR 満-MITSURU- Backstory?

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2018-07-21 01:51:13am 5.9 years ago

Offline vistastructions
vistastructions Avatar Member
13 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-11

SUPER STAR 満-MITSURU- is somewhat of a mysterious character in the BEMANI universe. Now of course we know that it is TAG and he has somewhat stopped using this alias. The last song he composed under this alias was NO LIMIT for IIDX 23. I've been interested in this alter ego of TAG for quite a while now. I don't know if you guys know anything more than I do about this persona, so I'd like to ask you guys a few questions, for those who know (or care) about SUPER STAR 満-MITSURU-:

1. Why does this alias exist? Can you give a history on this side of TAG?
2. What specific event did TAG reveal himself to be SUPER STAR 満-MITSURU-? If you have proof, that would be awesome.
3. What are your opinions about this character and TAG being very guarded about this character?
4. What TAG songs sound really similar to She is my wife or THANK YOU FOR PLAYING, for example?

Thanks!

Post #2 · Posted at 2018-07-21 03:00:08am 5.9 years ago

Offline DMAxel
DMAxel Avatar Member
2,823 Posts
Chile
Reg. 2007-10-01

I should point that TAG has never confirmed to be MITSURU, but with all the hints that we've got so far (i.e. music similarities, their voices, their birthdays being one day apart, and other references to MITSURU by TAG), most BEMANI fans are pretty sure about that.

That said, to this day I don't know if MITSURU (as in, the person who appears in the videos) is TAG.

Quote: vistastructions
1. Why does this alias exist? Can you give a history on this side of TAG?
While certainly nobody knows the answer to this question besides TAG, I think he just wanted a different alias to debut in IIDX, much like how PON hid himself under the Mystic Moon alias for years.

Quote: vistastructions
2. What specific event did TAG reveal himself to be SUPER STAR 満-MITSURU-? If you have proof, that would be awesome.
See the first part of my post.

Quote: vistastructions
3. What are your opinions about this character and TAG being very guarded about this character?
I like some of the songs credited to MITSURU, mostly his earliest ones. Given the whole BEMANI Sound Team stuff, I doubt that he will publicly reveal being MITSURU, but who knows.

Quote: vistastructions
4. What TAG songs sound really similar to She is my wife or THANK YOU FOR PLAYING, for example?
None that I remember right now.

Post #3 · Posted at 2018-07-21 05:21:29pm 5.9 years ago

Offline vistastructions
vistastructions Avatar Member
13 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-11

Quote: DMAxel
I should point that TAG has never confirmed to be MITSURU, but with all the hints that we've got so far (i.e. music similarities, their voices, their birthdays being one day apart, and other references to MITSURU by TAG), most BEMANI fans are pretty sure about that.

That said, to this day I don't know if MITSURU (as in, the person who appears in the videos) is TAG.

Quote: vistastructions
1. Why does this alias exist? Can you give a history on this side of TAG?
While certainly nobody knows the answer to this question besides TAG, I think he just wanted a different alias to debut in IIDX, much like how PON hid himself under the Mystic Moon alias for years.


3/26 and 3/25 (TAG's), that's probably why he chose MITSURU lmao.

Thanks for your insights! There was one website snippet that was TAG holding hands with someone else playing MITSURU, but I don't have the link. It's a shame that this is a mystery lol.

Post #4 · Posted at 2018-07-21 09:33:45pm 5.9 years ago

Online Pandemonium X
Pandemonium X Avatar Member
10,361 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Nintendo Network ID: PandemoniumEJPNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2916-7192-8116
TAG got bitten by a radioactive star and now has the alter ego known as SUPER STAR 満-MITSURU-.

Post #5 · Posted at 2018-07-21 09:44:38pm 5.9 years ago

Offline vistastructions
vistastructions Avatar Member
13 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-11

Quote: Pandemonium X
TAG got bitten by a radioactive star and now has the alter ego known as SUPER STAR 満-MITSURU-.

Didn't he stop a comet from killing everyone on earth? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_NzA6qo14k

Post #6 · Posted at 2018-07-22 10:51:33am 5.9 years ago

Offline Morning Blue
Morning Blue Avatar Member
295 Posts
United States
Reg. 2016-07-21

I was convinced back in 2009 that TAG was MITSURU when he composed roppongi EVOLVED. If you weren't looking at the artist name, you'd swear it was a MITSURU song.

Post #7 · Posted at 2018-07-23 09:52:56pm 5.9 years ago

Offline vistastructions
vistastructions Avatar Member
13 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-11

Quote: Morning Blue
I was convinced back in 2009 that TAG was MITSURU when he composed roppongi EVOLVED. If you weren't looking at the artist name, you'd swear it was a MITSURU song.
ONLY ONE EVOLVED
Until he did London EVOLVED

Does TAG still sound like MITSURU today? I can't help but think that he tries to distance himself from MITSURU but fails in his synths and pianos. They just sound too alike.

Post #8 · Posted at 2018-07-24 11:23:21am 5.9 years ago

Post #9 · Posted at 2018-07-25 12:33:32am 5.9 years ago

Offline vistastructions
vistastructions Avatar Member
13 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-11

I hear elements of She is my wife and ALL MY HEART in No One Can Reach The Truth indeed.
Also, do you think the DDR X3 BGM's are done by him? I think so. What about DDR X2?

Post #10 · Posted at 2018-07-25 01:43:19am 5.9 years ago

Offline Daggett
Daggett Avatar Member
167 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-08-05

X3'S BGM was done by Tag.

X2's BGMs (both the normal menu and Replicant D-Action) were done by J-Mi and Midi-D.

Post #11 · Posted at 2018-07-26 01:26:05am 5.9 years ago

Offline vistastructions
vistastructions Avatar Member
13 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-11

Quote: Daggett
X3'S BGM was done by Tag.

X2's BGMs (both the normal menu and Replicant D-Action) were done by J-Mi and Midi-D.

X3's BGM checks out. I thought X2 was done by dj TAKA, but I was never sure as the musical style didn't sound like TAG or dj TAKA or anyone on the production team. Who are J-Mi and Midi-D? And where did you get the information that X3 is done by TAG (just want to confirm)?

Post #12 · Posted at 2018-07-26 01:43:24am 5.9 years ago

Offline _|/-\43D
_|/-\43D Avatar Member
3,010 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-11-09

J-Mi & Midi-D are the composers behind this:


deez nuts

Post #13 · Posted at 2018-07-26 05:40:16pm 5.9 years ago

Offline vistastructions
vistastructions Avatar Member
13 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-11

Oh LOL I have DDR 2010 for the Xbox 360. How did I not think of that? Thanks!
TAG does reuse his samples and instruments a lot. Some in the community have said that he is on road to becoming the next DJ Yoshitaka. Is this true?

Post #14 · Posted at 2018-07-26 07:21:25pm 5.9 years ago

Offline PureBlue
PureBlue Avatar Member
2,925 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-08

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5116-3740-7232
"I'm your thorn."
Quote: vistastructions

TAG does reuse his samples and instruments a lot. Some in the community have said that he is on road to becoming the next DJ Yoshitaka. Is this true?

I mean that really comes down to personal opinion but I'd be inclined to say no. Yes, his songs sound similar to each other. But I can at least tell Tag songs apart whereas basically everything Yoshitaka makes sounds like a Flower remake ad nausuem, and Flower was a mediocre song to begin with.
http://i.imgur.com/arQKXn5.png

Post #15 · Posted at 2018-07-27 11:33:21am 5.9 years ago

Offline mageman17
mageman17 Avatar Member
2,102 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2008-06-15

"MAGGLE"
Quote: Daggett
X3'S BGM was done by Tag.

X2's BGMs (both the normal menu and Replicant D-Action) were done by J-Mi and Midi-D.

Any other sources? I have listened to the RDA BGM, and the background beats seem too similar to TAG. I know J-Mi made a short video showing the music loops they made for DDR. The DDR X2 AC BGM was the third track she played.
http://i.imgur.com/wX5XjLU.png

Thank you so much, Lord Toon!

Post #16 · Posted at 2018-07-28 12:58:08am 5.9 years ago

Offline vistastructions
vistastructions Avatar Member
13 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-11

Quote: mageman17
Quote: Daggett
X3'S BGM was done by Tag.

X2's BGMs (both the normal menu and Replicant D-Action) were done by J-Mi and Midi-D.

Any other sources? I have listened to the RDA BGM, and the background beats seem too similar to TAG. I know J-Mi made a short video showing the music loops they made for DDR. The DDR X2 AC BGM was the third track she played.
Where is J-Mi's short video? Link?

Post #17 · Posted at 2018-07-28 03:18:21am 5.9 years ago

Offline Morning Blue
Morning Blue Avatar Member
295 Posts
United States
Reg. 2016-07-21


Last updated: 2018-07-28 03:20am
Quote: PureBlue
But I can at least tell Tag songs apart whereas basically everything Yoshitaka makes sounds like a Flower remake ad nausuem, and Flower was a mediocre song to begin with.

SABER WING and POSSESSION

NEW GENERATION and roppongi EVOLVED

One irritating thing about TAG was that when he creates a popular song, he ends up rehashing it like five times more (Yes Alstroemeria is a good song, but when you do like three sequels to it it loses its edge). He used to be a little more creative when he had regularly had vocalists or worked with 96 in GITADORA...

Yoshitaka used to be a lot more creative in his earlier days, but when you get stuck as the head sound director of a popular arcade game and have to make like 6-7 songs a game, you're bound to sacrifice originality for what players will play instead. And then came the VENUS collabs...

Post #18 · Posted at 2018-07-28 03:21:45am 5.9 years ago

Offline PureBlue
PureBlue Avatar Member
2,925 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-08

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5116-3740-7232
"I'm your thorn."
Quote: Morning Blue


One irritating thing about TAG was that when he creates a popular song, he ends up rehashing it like five times more (Yes Alstroemeria is a good song, but when you do like three sequels to it it loses its edge). He used to be a little more creative when he had regularly had vocalists or worked with 96 in GITADORA...


And yet I can still tell them apart from each other, unlike Yoshitaka songs which still all sound like Flower.
http://i.imgur.com/arQKXn5.png

Post #19 · Posted at 2018-07-28 03:37:22am 5.9 years ago

Offline Morning Blue
Morning Blue Avatar Member
295 Posts
United States
Reg. 2016-07-21


Last updated: 2018-07-28 03:38am
Because Catch Me, D.A.N.C.E., Stay my side, Claiomh Solais, I'm Screaming LOVE, Unicorn tail, Watch Out Pt.2, Tsubasa, Darlin my LUV, MY, The Lonely Streets, and INFERNO all sound like FLOWER. Right.

Post #20 · Posted at 2018-07-28 03:43:21am 5.9 years ago

Offline PureBlue
PureBlue Avatar Member
2,925 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-08

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5116-3740-7232
"I'm your thorn."

Last updated: 2018-07-28 03:46am
Congratulations, you found a few that don't. You clearly have more patience than I do. Unicorn Tail is the only one of those that doesn't suck, though.

EDIT: anyway this is getting way off topic so I'm just gonna end the conversation here
http://i.imgur.com/arQKXn5.png
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-07-14 05:32:10
This page took 0.013 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language