Logo

Interesting Little Things in DDR

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #2421 · Posted at 2021-03-13 05:40:02pm 3.9 weeks ago

Offline AxelWasHere
AxelWasHere Avatar Member
1,349 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-07-13
Log in to send this user a private message
Steam: bright151
"No."
Quote: Dancebelt
I was today years old when I found out the song Midnite Blaze has, of all things, a creepypasta attached to it:
https://geosheas-lost-episodes.fandom.com/wiki/DDRMAX:_The_Haunted_Lyrics_Of_Midnite_Blaze

The only DDR creepypasta I know of

The hell did i read

Post #2422 · Posted at 2021-03-30 09:08:11pm 1.5 weeks ago

Offline Quickman
Quickman Avatar Member+
5,633 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2013-08-17
Log in to send this user a private messageDiscord: Quick Man#9830Twitter: theQuick_ManaltTwitch
Xbox Gamer Tag: DWN012Quick ManPlayStation Network: DWN012Quick_Man
"HARDCORE LIVES, THATCHER DIES"

Last updated: 2021-03-30 09:09pm
https://twitter.com/_987123879113/status/1376917969461071873

There's an unused Solo mode found inside of DDR Extreme (AC). I'm assuming the same probably exists in 5th, MAX and MAX2, but this is wild.

This is probably more of a major discovery than just an "interesting little thing", but I couldn't find a better thread to put this in where it wouldn't have been a fuck-off necrobump.
Quote: somethingrandom
Do you ever just shoobidybaggidyshoobidybaggidyshoobidybaggidy?
Quote: Quick Man
No, we call them "crisps" in the UK.

Post #2423 · Posted at 2021-03-30 09:13:27pm 1.5 weeks ago

Offline AxelWasHere
AxelWasHere Avatar Member
1,349 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-07-13
Log in to send this user a private message
Steam: bright151
"No."
Quote: Quickman
https://twitter.com/_987123879113/status/1376917969461071873

There's an unused Solo mode found inside of DDR Extreme (AC). I'm assuming the same probably exists in 5th, MAX and MAX2, but this is wild.

This is probably more of a major discovery than just an "interesting little thing", but I couldn't find a better thread to put this in where it wouldn't have been a fuck-off necrobump.

This is probably the coolest thing and i love seeing datamines/cut content from rhythm games. Especially DDR.
Wish there was more..

Post #2424 · Posted at 2021-03-31 12:02:33am 1.5 weeks ago

Offline GhostSpirit
GhostSpirit Avatar Member
178 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2018-08-17
Log in to send this user a private message
" ( 0﹏0)"

Last updated: 2021-03-31 12:03am
That person just posted an update and 5thMix, Max and Max 2 also have a Solo mode, with the first two having the correct noteskin! I'm not an expert in this, but does this mean all of those games run in the same engine?

https://twitter.com/_987123879113/status/1377047588440928256

Post #2425 · Posted at 2021-03-31 12:04:44am 1.5 weeks ago

Offline Quickman
Quickman Avatar Member+
5,633 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2013-08-17
Log in to send this user a private messageDiscord: Quick Man#9830Twitter: theQuick_ManaltTwitch
Xbox Gamer Tag: DWN012Quick ManPlayStation Network: DWN012Quick_Man
"HARDCORE LIVES, THATCHER DIES"
They do, MAX-EXTREME are all based on 5th.
Quote: somethingrandom
Do you ever just shoobidybaggidyshoobidybaggidyshoobidybaggidy?
Quote: Quick Man
No, we call them "crisps" in the UK.

Post #2426 · Posted at 2021-03-31 12:50:51am 1.5 weeks ago

Offline SomethingRandom
SomethingRandom Avatar Member
2,665 Posts
United States
Reg. 2015-02-21
Log in to send this user a private messageDiscord: SomethingRandom#3719
Game Center Nickname: blearymoos
"bootylicious "

Post #2427 · Posted at 2021-03-31 01:32:37am 1.5 weeks ago

Offline Challenge812
Challenge812 Avatar Member
33 Posts
United States
Reg. 2021-02-16
Log in to send this user a private message
Stupid but genuine question: Is Solo the same as Singles in DDR?
https://i.ibb.co/CKD51RR/Challenge812-Sig-3-350x100.jpg

Post #2428 · Posted at 2021-03-31 01:49:31am 1.5 weeks ago

Offline fygar939
fygar939 Avatar Member
270 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-06-05
Log in to send this user a private messageDiscord: Strobe?Grill#5537
"BEMANI Sound Team ¥"PON¥"
Solo is 6-panel on a single pad.

Post #2429 · Posted at 2021-03-31 02:16:30am 1.5 weeks ago

Offline DrLongmont
DrLongmont Avatar Member
7 Posts
United States
Reg. 2018-09-03
Log in to send this user a private message
PlayStation Network: Dragonmark90Steam: Dr.Longmont
MAXIMIZER has a slightly unique music video in the US version of Extreme and it debuted there
Korbralala

Post #2430 · Posted at 2021-04-06 08:55:32am 4.2 days ago

Offline KoopaTGR
KoopaTGR Avatar Member
59 Posts
New Zealand
Reg. 2013-08-26
Log in to send this user a private message
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5069-1574-2704
The arcade version of Dancing Stage featuring Disney's RAVE has maniac charts!

https://twitter.com/_987123879113/status/1379260564120117250

Post #2431 · Posted at 2021-04-06 11:04:38am 4.1 days ago

Offline Dancefreak
Dancefreak Avatar Member+
287 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-08-12
Log in to send this user a private message
Quote: KoopaTGR
The arcade version of Dancing Stage featuring Disney's RAVE has maniac charts!

https://twitter.com/_987123879113/status/1379260564120117250

I could be wrong having done some quick research but i think there are some files in the arcade version that have expert charts that aren't listed in the official simfiles we have on here ?

Post #2432 · Posted at 2021-04-06 03:57:13pm 3.9 days ago

Offline black4ever
black4ever Avatar Member
786 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2011-06-26
Log in to send this user a private messageYouTube
I believe that the Konsento:01 is the first character to go through a design change. I know that there's Charmy whose 3rdMIX model went through changes regarding her legs between the Asian and Japanese versions, but Konsento:01 came before her, debuting in the first DDR game with dominantly black arms with hints of red and pink that would later become red and pink stripes in his appearances after 3rdMIX, probably inspired by his 2ndMIX equivalent that had green and red stripes.
https://i.imgur.com/JT5rGfp.png
I only have the console releases of those games with me as a reference. Absolutely no arcade videos of Kon:01 and Oshare-Zukin in 1stMIX are around smdh lol.
http://i.imgur.com/Zd3d7ps.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/zfBbyet.png
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my simfile category. ------------- Or visit my dA.

Post #2433 · Posted at 2021-04-07 06:22:29am 3.3 days ago

Offline KoopaTGR
KoopaTGR Avatar Member
59 Posts
New Zealand
Reg. 2013-08-26
Log in to send this user a private message
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5069-1574-2704
Quote: Dancefreak
Quote: KoopaTGR
The arcade version of Dancing Stage featuring Disney's RAVE has maniac charts!

https://twitter.com/_987123879113/status/1379260564120117250

I could be wrong having done some quick research but i think there are some files in the arcade version that have expert charts that aren't listed in the official simfiles we have on here ?

Yes, it does look like there are some charts that have not been transcribed yet, probably because no one knew about this until now Laughing Out Loud .

Post #2434 · Posted at 2021-04-07 01:09:48pm 3 days ago

Offline AnonyWolf
AnonyWolf Avatar Member+
3,774 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-10-17
Log in to send this user a private messageSkype: slimetimeplayerDiscord: DJ Vortivask #6276Twitter: sigtweets4uSoundcloudTumblrYouTube
Xbox Gamer Tag: Sigrev2PlayStation Network: Sigrev2Nintendo Network ID: Sigrev2Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2884-7660-3799Steam: Sigrev23DS Friend Code: 3883-7652-3160
"suffering from success"
The fucked up part is that people did know. This information is apparently in the User's Manual for the game. Nobody bothered to read it, I guess. Sad

And now we've found out how to unlock Heavy in Disney RAVE CS JP. The method is akin to opening a bike lock. Probably one of the most convoluted codes I've seen for any game, let alone for a BEMANI home console title.
https://twitter.com/_987123879113/status/1379674451822833664

Post #2435 · Posted at 2021-04-07 02:13:56pm 3 days ago

Offline Quickman
Quickman Avatar Member+
5,633 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2013-08-17
Log in to send this user a private messageDiscord: Quick Man#9830Twitter: theQuick_ManaltTwitch
Xbox Gamer Tag: DWN012Quick ManPlayStation Network: DWN012Quick_Man
"HARDCORE LIVES, THATCHER DIES"
Gotta agree. I've seen a lot of weird unlock codes but this is trolling levels of complicated. The only thing that comes to mind is the hidden developer rant that you can find at the end of Erika to Satoru no Yume Bouken for the Famicom, which takes an hour and a hal and a few complicated inputs. Even then, that's just a hidden rant, not the literal meat of the game.
Quote: somethingrandom
Do you ever just shoobidybaggidyshoobidybaggidyshoobidybaggidy?
Quote: Quick Man
No, we call them "crisps" in the UK.

Post #2436 · Posted at 2021-04-07 04:42:09pm 2.9 days ago

Offline AnonyWolf
AnonyWolf Avatar Member+
3,774 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-10-17
Log in to send this user a private messageSkype: slimetimeplayerDiscord: DJ Vortivask #6276Twitter: sigtweets4uSoundcloudTumblrYouTube
Xbox Gamer Tag: Sigrev2PlayStation Network: Sigrev2Nintendo Network ID: Sigrev2Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2884-7660-3799Steam: Sigrev23DS Friend Code: 3883-7652-3160
"suffering from success"
Quote: AnonyWolf
The fucked up part is that people did know. This information is apparently in the User's Manual for the game. Nobody bothered to read it, I guess. Sad

And now we've found out how to unlock Heavy in Disney RAVE CS JP. The method is akin to opening a bike lock. Probably one of the most convoluted codes I've seen for any game, let alone for a BEMANI home console title.
https://twitter.com/_987123879113/status/1379674451822833664
Update: the fella who discovered this news just uploaded a video not too long ago showing off exactly how it's done. Even with the instructions right in front of my face, it still feels like some Da Vinky Code shit.

Post #2437 · Posted at 2021-04-07 11:16:50pm 2.6 days ago

Offline GhostSpirit
GhostSpirit Avatar Member
178 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2018-08-17
Log in to send this user a private message
" ( 0﹏0)"
That unlocking method doesn't even feel like a cheat code, but more like a code that only a developer could know about. It definitely is a lot more ridiculous than the unlocking method for Memories in US Extreme (Burger King anyone?).

Quote: black4ever
I believe that the Konsento:01 is the first character to go through a design change. I know that there's Charmy whose 3rdMIX model went through changes regarding her legs between the Asian and Japanese versions, but Konsento:01 came before her, debuting in the first DDR game with dominantly black arms with hints of red and pink that would later become red and pink stripes in his appearances after 3rdMIX, probably inspired by his 2ndMIX equivalent that had green and red stripes.
Could this be maybe a texturing error? 1stMix features artwork of him with the red and white stripes so I'm thinking Konsento was always meant to have red and white stripes rather than black arms (maybe he has a different appearance in AC 1stMix? I think Mame can run that game pretty fine so maybe someone could figure out that now)
https://i.imgur.com/BGag553.jpg

Post #2438 · Posted at 2021-04-10 02:03:03am 13.1 hours ago

Offline black4ever
black4ever Avatar Member
786 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2011-06-26
Log in to send this user a private messageYouTube
Quote: GhostSpirit
Could this be maybe a texturing error? 1stMix features artwork of him with the red and white stripes so I'm thinking Konsento was always meant to have red and white stripes rather than black arms (maybe he has a different appearance in AC 1stMix? I think Mame can run that game pretty fine so maybe someone could figure out that now)
https://i.imgur.com/BGag553.jpg
Oh, right. I seemingly forgot that detail lol. My computer isn't powerful enough to power MAME, so I agree that someone should try that out. And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can people please post videos of the other characters besides Afro and Lady?? They better know the character cheats by now.

Side note: Thanks for using my video as an image reference. Big Grin
http://i.imgur.com/Zd3d7ps.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/zfBbyet.png
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my simfile category. ------------- Or visit my dA.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2021 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 7% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2021-04-10 15:09:28
This page took 0.028 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language