Logo

[SM5] DDR A3 Theme

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #141 · Posted at 2022-06-23 02:33:57am 1.3 weeks ago

Offline VR0
VR0 Avatar Member
909 Posts
Chile
Reg. 2012-03-20
Log in to send this user a private messageWindows Live Messenger: VR0-EX[at]outlook.comDiscord: 5511Facebook
Steam: LightVR0
"ムーン ゴーシュス メヂィデーション"
Only the BG video can be ripped.
AC Score Tracker: DDR EXTREME // SN2 (JP)
My username in these games:
DDR(1st)-EXTREME: VRC
StepMania 3.9+ REDUX: VRC
DDR Supernova onwards / IIDX ID: VR0

Post #142 · Posted at 2022-06-23 10:05:40pm 1.1 weeks ago

Offline Monty_Usui
Monty_Usui Avatar Member
21 Posts
Mexico
Reg. 2021-10-24
Log in to send this user a private messageTwitter: @monty_usui
"ICHIKA4LIFE!"
in the blue version of A3 when im playing with the golden league badge and playing a song the golden league animations are shown in the blue version (This animation is not featured sinse A20 Blue version.) i hope to fix this issue!

Post #143 · Posted at 2022-06-24 12:03:20am 1.1 weeks ago

Offline Curilang
Curilang Avatar Member
39 Posts
Mexico
Reg. 2021-01-17
Log in to send this user a private messageDiscord: Curilang#5914Twitter: @Curilang_YouTubeTwitch
Quote: Monty_Usui
in the blue version of A3 when im playing with the golden league badge and playing a song the golden league animations are shown in the blue version (This animation is not featured sinse A20 Blue version.) i hope to fix this issue!

That is not an issue, I put those animations in Blue version too.
Lemon.

Post #144 · Posted at 2022-06-24 12:12:39am 1.1 weeks ago

Offline VR0
VR0 Avatar Member
909 Posts
Chile
Reg. 2012-03-20
Log in to send this user a private messageWindows Live Messenger: VR0-EX[at]outlook.comDiscord: 5511Facebook
Steam: LightVR0
"ムーン ゴーシュス メヂィデーション"

Last updated: 2022-06-24 12:16am
If you use GIMP, you can change all metallic frames to gray by changing the color mode to grayscale and to RGB. All other frames (Jackets area in SELECT MUSIC and MusicWheel, LOG IN BG, ScreenStages and fonts) can be changed to Green. No need ripping the frames, due to GOLD frames can be used as base.
AC Score Tracker: DDR EXTREME // SN2 (JP)
My username in these games:
DDR(1st)-EXTREME: VRC
StepMania 3.9+ REDUX: VRC
DDR Supernova onwards / IIDX ID: VR0

Post #145 · Posted at 2022-06-24 12:31:24am 1.1 weeks ago

Offline Monty_Usui
Monty_Usui Avatar Member
21 Posts
Mexico
Reg. 2021-10-24
Log in to send this user a private messageTwitter: @monty_usui
"ICHIKA4LIFE!"
is possible to extract the a3 bga video from ddr gp?

Post #146 · Posted at 2022-06-24 12:39:10am 1.1 weeks ago

Offline VR0
VR0 Avatar Member
909 Posts
Chile
Reg. 2012-03-20
Log in to send this user a private messageWindows Live Messenger: VR0-EX[at]outlook.comDiscord: 5511Facebook
Steam: LightVR0
"ムーン ゴーシュス メヂィデーション"
If is with M2V or WMA extension, you can convert it.
AC Score Tracker: DDR EXTREME // SN2 (JP)
My username in these games:
DDR(1st)-EXTREME: VRC
StepMania 3.9+ REDUX: VRC
DDR Supernova onwards / IIDX ID: VR0

Post #147 · Posted at 2022-06-24 02:20:32am 1.1 weeks ago

Offline clue
clue Avatar Member
3 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2022-06-24
Log in to send this user a private message

Last updated: 2022-06-24 03:20am
Hey! I made an account just to post to this thread.

Wanted to say, thanks for returning to the scene, Curilang. I was very sad when you disappeared a while back, and it's good to see you again, making cool stuff as always.

I wanted to make a contribution. The BGA currently in the theme is really stuttery and interpolated, so here's the blue-green A3 BGA ripped from Grand Prix. I dropped it into the theme and it works perfectly.

I also wanted to humbly ask for better 4:3 support. Lots of graphics are cut off, squished, or layered incorrectly when in 4:3 mode. My cab is 4:3, and I would love to make use of this theme for it.

Also, can you make it so the player options menu will open by holding the green button when selecting a song, like it does in modern AC? Thank you so much.

I look forward to further updates!

- clue

Post #148 · Posted at 2022-06-24 02:29:39am 1.1 weeks ago

Offline dinytick
dinytick Avatar Member
2 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2022-06-17
Log in to send this user a private message
Quote: clue
Hey! I made an account just to post to this thread.

Wanted to say, thanks for returning to the scene, Curilang. I was very sad when you disappeared a while back, and it's good to see you again, making cool stuff as always.

I wanted to make a contribution. The BGA currently in the theme is really stuttery and interpolated, so here's the blue-green A3 BGA ripped from Grand Prix. I dropped it into the theme and it works perfectly.

I also wanted to humbly ask for better 4:3 support. Lots of graphics are cut off, or layered incorrectly when in 4:3 mode. My cab is 4:3, and I would love to make use of this theme for it.

Also, can you make it so the player options menu will open by holding the green button when selecting a song, like it does in modern AC? Thank you so much.

I look forward to further updates!

- clue

Thank you for the rip!!

Post #149 · Posted at 2022-06-24 05:58:17am 1.1 weeks ago

Offline clue
clue Avatar Member
3 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2022-06-24
Log in to send this user a private message

Last updated: 2022-06-24 06:00am
I just finished making a graphic for the green A3 logo. It's not perfect, but it's plenty good enough for now.

I made a ton of edits to this theme to fix the layout issues that are currently present when running in 4:3.
This pack will only be useful to those that want to use this theme specifically in 4:3.
I've only tested it with the 'blue' mode.

Fixes:

- all of the squished splash screens before pressing start are no longer squished.
- the 'grid' background in the language, style select, etc, is no longer squished.
- the global background animation has been replaced with the official A3 rip from GP, no longer squished.
- reorganized and resized a lot of menu assets to make the layout more readable and less cluttered.
- replaced and centered the title screen logo (for blue mode)
- centered the "EVENT MODE" text when beginning a song, which was previously cut off on one side.
- on the evaluation screen, moved the 'style, difficulty, diff number' thing to not be underneath the 'player 1' text.
- the evaluation screen rank letter and full combo icon were way off the left side of the screen. fixed that.
- the BPM counter shown on ScreenGameplay was way off to the left, so i centered it with its respective box
- probably more stuff i can't remember.

The only assets I couldn't figure out how to fix are:
- the score displayed during ScreenGameplay is pushed off to the left side, and i couldn't figure out how to center it with the box.
- in ScreenSelectStyle, i couldn't find the description box that says "one person play style", etc, so i couldn't move it and make it fit on-screen.

I know absolutely nothing about code. These are likely all very hacky fixes since I have never done anything like this before. I hope it's helpful to someone out there.

Screenshot
Download

Post #150 · Posted at 2022-06-24 06:27:24am 1.1 weeks ago

Offline Curilang
Curilang Avatar Member
39 Posts
Mexico
Reg. 2021-01-17
Log in to send this user a private messageDiscord: Curilang#5914Twitter: @Curilang_YouTubeTwitch
Quote: clue
Hey! I made an account just to post to this thread.

Wanted to say, thanks for returning to the scene, Curilang. I was very sad when you disappeared a while back, and it's good to see you again, making cool stuff as always.

I wanted to make a contribution. The BGA currently in the theme is really stuttery and interpolated, so here's the blue-green A3 BGA ripped from Grand Prix. I dropped it into the theme and it works perfectly.

I also wanted to humbly ask for better 4:3 support. Lots of graphics are cut off, squished, or layered incorrectly when in 4:3 mode. My cab is 4:3, and I would love to make use of this theme for it.

Also, can you make it so the player options menu will open by holding the green button when selecting a song, like it does in modern AC? Thank you so much.

I look forward to further updates!

- clue

MAN THANK YOU SO MUUUUUCCHHH!!! We are really happy for the BG Video Big Grin.

And yes, I'm still trying to find how can I make the graphics compatible with 4:3

And for the options holding green button, I'm sorry for that man Sad I don't know how to do it but if someones knows and tell me how to implement, I'll do it. As I said in first post, use another controller for the options.

Silly question, if you have discord, can I message you on discord? I saw your changes in the theme and looks awesome!!
Lemon.

Post #151 · Posted at 2022-06-24 05:49:50pm 1 week ago

Offline clue
clue Avatar Member
3 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2022-06-24
Log in to send this user a private message
Quote: Curilang

Silly question, if you have discord, can I message you on discord? I saw your changes in the theme and looks awesome!!

Of course! Hit me up on https://discord.gg/clue

Post #152 · Posted at 2022-06-26 12:35:51pm 5.6 days ago

Offline NicholasNRG
NicholasNRG Avatar Member
612 Posts
Puerto Rico
Reg. 2014-06-21
Log in to send this user a private messageDiscord: NicholasNRGYouTubeTwitch
"Just Play Along"

Last updated: 2022-06-26 12:36pm
On the Song Select screen I noticed it was taking pretty long for songs to play their sample music, so on the theme metrics.ini under [MusicWheel] I changed SwitchSeconds to 0.07 and found that this value makes sample music play much faster while still showing smooth animations and having a consistent wait time between each song sample. Really minor detail but I thought I'd share here in case it was bothering anybody else too Happy

I would love to figure out how to completely eliminate silence between song samples just like arcade DDR but right now the only way is to set SwitchSeconds to 0, which removes the animation altogether and only eliminates the silence for specific songs... holding tab to fast forward the game makes song samples play immediately but it's much harder to control the interface and of course the animations get affected lol

Post #153 · Posted at 2022-06-26 04:21:15pm 5.5 days ago

Offline kralde
kralde Avatar Member
237 Posts
Spain
Reg. 2009-05-28
Log in to send this user a private messageWindows Live Messenger: kralde[at]msn.comFacebookTwitter: kralde92
PlayStation Network: Kralde1Nintendo Network ID: kralde1Steam: kralde
Pretty cool theme!
Just 2 points:

1- It seems that the theme is not very friendly with a 5:4 monitor (1280x1024) it will be supported?
2- After selecting a song, the difficulty selection screen, is working, but it doesn't change the difficulty(stays on the same level), it only changes it on the left difficulty section.

thanks!
Let's D-D-R!

Post #154 · Posted at 2022-06-27 12:01:17am 5.2 days ago

Offline Miles Tails Prower
Miles Tails Prower Avatar Member
14 Posts
El Salvador
Reg. 2019-06-02
Log in to send this user a private messageDiscord: KonekoroYT#5528FacebookTwitter: KonekoroYTYouTubeTwitch
"Activo xd"
Quote: clue
Hey! I made an account just to post to this thread.

Wanted to say, thanks for returning to the scene, Curilang. I was very sad when you disappeared a while back, and it's good to see you again, making cool stuff as always.

I wanted to make a contribution. The BGA currently in the theme is really stuttery and interpolated, so here's the blue-green A3 BGA ripped from Grand Prix. I dropped it into the theme and it works perfectly.

I also wanted to humbly ask for better 4:3 support. Lots of graphics are cut off, squished, or layered incorrectly when in 4:3 mode. My cab is 4:3, and I would love to make use of this theme for it.

Also, can you make it so the player options menu will open by holding the green button when selecting a song, like it does in modern AC? Thank you so much.

I look forward to further updates!

- clue

and the golden bg of the ddr a3?
KonekoroYT

Post #155 · Posted at 2022-06-27 12:49:11am 5.1 days ago

Offline RaiRai
RaiRai Avatar Member
15 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2022-01-08
Log in to send this user a private message

Last updated: 2022-06-28 05:26am
So I've been away for quite some time. I upgraded Outfox to its newest version and then downloaded your theme Curling along with Enciso's newest version of Next Phase, but for some reason all I get is a black screen now when doing any of the stages.https://i.imgur.com/AUxaV7M.jpgDead Might there be anything in particular I'm doing wrong?

Edit: I did a completely fresh install and am still getting problems when using Outfox

So I'm nor sure if it's a theme issue or an issue with Enciso0's characters. But the theme is now crashing on start up, I can't even get to the song select like I was able to before. It crashes trying to load it. .-.

Post #156 · Posted at 2022-06-28 05:46:34am 3.9 days ago

Offline Curilang
Curilang Avatar Member
39 Posts
Mexico
Reg. 2021-01-17
Log in to send this user a private messageDiscord: Curilang#5914Twitter: @Curilang_YouTubeTwitch

Last updated: 2022-06-28 05:51am
Quote: NicholasNRG
I would love to figure out how to completely eliminate silence between song samples just like arcade DDR but right now the only way is to set SwitchSeconds to 0, which removes the animation altogether and only eliminates the silence for specific songs... holding tab to fast forward the game makes song samples play immediately but it's much harder to control the interface and of course the animations get affected lol

Inori did something similar in his theme DDR X2, but I guess it is still WIP (the music between songs), so I'd rather wait for something good.

Quote: kralde

1- It seems that the theme is not very friendly with a 5:4 monitor (1280x1024) it will be supported?
2- After selecting a song, the difficulty selection screen, is working, but it doesn't change the difficulty(stays on the same level), it only changes it on the left difficulty section.

1.- I guess I don't have that resolution, but if I can do something, I'll do it.
2.- Probably due the Menu buttons, check the first post for the dedicated buttons.

Quote: RaiRai
So I've been away for quite some time. I upgraded Outfox to its newest version and then downloaded your theme Curling along with Enciso's newest version of Next Phase, but for some reason all I get is a black screen now when doing any of the stages.https://i.imgur.com/AUxaV7M.jpgDead Might there be anything in particular I'm doing wrong?

Edit: I did a completely fresh install and am still getting problems when using Outfox

So I'm nor sure if it's a theme issue or an issue with Enciso0's characters. But the theme is now crashing on start up, I can't even get to the song select like I was able to before. It crashes trying to load it. .-.

1.- Check if you have a selected characters, Idk what is happening with the characters lately Sad
2.- I need to change everything with the theme to have full supported version with Outfox. Outfox is TEMPORARILY NOT SUPPORTED


Reminder: Guys I've been busy with my school and work, sorry if I don't make updates like a few months ago Sad
Lemon.

Post #157 · Posted at 2022-06-28 06:15:25am 3.9 days ago

Offline RaiRai
RaiRai Avatar Member
15 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2022-01-08
Log in to send this user a private message
Quote: Curilang

Quote: RaiRai
So I've been away for quite some time. I upgraded Outfox to its newest version and then downloaded your theme Curling along with Enciso's newest version of Next Phase, but for some reason all I get is a black screen now when doing any of the stages.https://i.imgur.com/AUxaV7M.jpgDead Might there be anything in particular I'm doing wrong?

Edit: I did a completely fresh install and am still getting problems when using Outfox

So I'm nor sure if it's a theme issue or an issue with Enciso0's characters. But the theme is now crashing on start up, I can't even get to the song select like I was able to before. It crashes trying to load it. .-.

1.- Check if you have a selected characters, Idk what is happening with the characters lately Sad
2.- I need to change everything with the theme to have full supported version with Outfox. Outfox is TEMPORARILY NOT SUPPORTED


Reminder: Guys I've been busy with my school and work, sorry if I don't make updates like a few months ago Sad

No worries Curilang! I didn't see that when I checked the front page a few hours ago! Nothing to be sorry for!Shocked

Post #158 · Posted at 2022-06-28 04:13:51pm 3.5 days ago

Offline waterdraik346
waterdraik346 Avatar Member
98 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-11-22
Log in to send this user a private messageDiscord: Fred-104#0035Twitch
Xbox Gamer Tag: Frederic 104#377
Since Outfox is temporarily unsupported, what version should I get instead?

Post #159 · Posted at 2022-06-28 06:12:04pm 3.4 days ago

Offline razorblade
razorblade Avatar Member
1,076 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-03-01
Log in to send this user a private message

Last updated: 2022-06-28 06:17pm
Themers should stay away from 6-year old SM5.0.12. It's 770 commits away from the latest SM5.1_new in github. The latest github doesn't require you to get the 2 missing DirectX files anymore cuz they were dropped.
Appreciate my simfile works/contribution? I accept donation. Very Happy
My Paypal

Post #160 · Posted at 2022-06-28 06:31:14pm 3.4 days ago

Offline waterdraik346
waterdraik346 Avatar Member
98 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-11-22
Log in to send this user a private messageDiscord: Fred-104#0035Twitch
Xbox Gamer Tag: Frederic 104#377
So where can I find the latest SM5.1_new repository on GitHub?
Register Log In Back To Forums

2 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2022 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 2% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2022-07-02 05:09:56
This page took 0.016 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language