Logo

DanceDanceRevolution X (AC) (International)

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #7501 · Posted at 2009-08-31 07:34:54pm 14.6 years ago

Offline djfmf
djfmf Avatar Member
27 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2008-09-14

we had a DDR X Tournament at the Geo Arcade in Okinawa on Sunday. my first round was against my friend SKA! and I barely beat him. the next round was against YNO and that was an easy win. the final round was against one of my toughest opponents in Okinawa, he changes his name all the time but his current title is MUTYKAPA. it was out of 5 rounds, any song was game. i lost to lead cyber and blind souls and won with waiting for you and bloody tears. final stage was chosen by the judges and it happened to be one of my favorite songs, a geishas dream. at this point my heart is racing and throughout the song i keep telling myself not to get a great, but i did. he beat me overall by 2-3 great steps over him so i got second place yesterday. it's an honor though to have played against people i envy top scores with, i'm good but my A game is not always consistent. next time i'll shoot for first place. it's also an honor when they have my name as their current rival on e-amuse. i just enjoy taking down top scores one at a time.Big Grin

Post #7502 · Posted at 2009-08-31 10:56:27pm 14.6 years ago

Offline rateiosu
rateiosu Avatar Member
363 Posts
Colombia
Reg. 2006-09-22

"Let's get this movin'"
Quote: antony
Quote: rateiosu

geez... my USB isn't working... I need to buy a compatible USB.

your are playing at a JP/Asia DDRX machine or NA dedicab ?

edit data files are not compatible between them
maybe not your USB drive's problem

Its the HDX:UAA:2009060301 build, an US dedicab.
I have the DDR_EDIT\DDR_EDIT_U.DAT in my usb (a Kingston DT 101 C)
I'll test again, when the new update comes here. 3 more weeks to wait.
If not, I'll buy the i-mation nano usb mass storage (works in J and A machines, so it can works here too.) (the other USB brands are absent here, because are "japan only").
Rena:
By the way, where's my present?

Post #7503 · Posted at 2009-08-31 11:44:36pm 14.6 years ago

Offline antony
antony Avatar Member
150 Posts
Hong Kong
Reg. 2007-12-31

"Tare panda"
Its the HDX:UAA:2009060301 build, an US dedicab.
I have the DDR_EDIT\DDR_EDIT_U.DAT in my usb (a Kingston DT 101 C)
I'll test again, when the new update comes here. 3 more weeks to wait.
If not, I'll buy the i-mation nano usb mass storage (works in J and A machines, so it can works here too.) (the other USB brands are absent here, because are "japan only").

is the DDR_EDIT_U.DAT renamed from JP/Asia edit data file ?
i think it won't work in this way

and i suggest you to borrow usb drive from someone else,
test if it is ok before buying one

Thanks DJjeff for this sexy banner Puppy Face
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/DJjeff2007/antonyROBSEARLECLUBMIX.png (YouTube)

Post #7504 · Posted at 2009-09-01 12:17:07am 14.6 years ago

Offline CoreyBlaze
CoreyBlaze Avatar Member
452 Posts
Puerto Rico
Reg. 2006-10-23

If not, I'll buy the i-mation nano usb mass storage (works in J and A machines, so it can works here too.)

Hold your horses, remember that american machines are quite different in construction downright to the kind of pc they use for the game. Anything that's not cheap generic brands should work just fine, Lexar for example (I've had a Lexar 128mb stick that I bought for ITG nearly 4 years ago and it still works, lol).

Post #7505 · Posted at 2009-09-01 04:04:49am 14.6 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
Pandemonium X Avatar Member
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Nintendo Network ID: PandemoniumEJPNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2916-7192-8116
Quote: Betson
Unfortunately, we do not have any available, and for now there are no plans to make any.
That's the last nail in the coffin on DDR X US. better luck next year.Sad

Post #7506 · Posted at 2009-09-01 04:07:45am 14.6 years ago

Offline PureBlue
PureBlue Avatar Member
2,925 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-08

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5116-3740-7232
"I'm your thorn."
Unfortunately, we do not have any available, and for now there are no plans to make any.

http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/ZrnVNZpnvRI/hqdefault.jpg

Are you shittin' me?
http://i.imgur.com/arQKXn5.png

Post #7507 · Posted at 2009-09-01 11:14:01am 14.6 years ago

Offline Dr.D
Dr.D Avatar Member
1,451 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-03-01

made it to trigger oni on boss rush and failed on my 3rd attempt. I'd upload the video but my new camera has been acting pysco about uploading shit.

Also im really curious how they will do the rest of the unlocks. Unlock all the x-specials one week? or will they draw it out for 8 weeks haha. I wouldnt put it past them. Also which will come first, trigger or xmix5?
Add my DDR 2013 Rival code-1106-3749
Visit my YouTube channel DDR 2013 videos!
DrDvids

http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/2647.png?t=1235917793

Post #7508 · Posted at 2009-09-01 09:38:33pm 14.6 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
AeronPeryton Avatar Member+
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
Quote: Pandemonium X
That's the last nail in the coffin on DDR X US. better luck next year.Sad

Post #7509 · Posted at 2009-09-02 01:08:39am 14.6 years ago

Offline rateiosu
rateiosu Avatar Member
363 Posts
Colombia
Reg. 2006-09-22

"Let's get this movin'"
Quote: CoreyBlaze
Hold your horses, remember that american machines are quite different in construction downright to the kind of pc they use for the game. Anything that's not cheap generic brands should work just fine, Lexar for example (I've had a Lexar 128mb stick that I bought for ITG nearly 4 years ago and it still works, lol).
well, another brand to add to my list. I've tested Kodak, i-mation, sony, maxell, sandisk and kingston usb sticks. Mostly all brands works, except Kingston DT 101 C, and some sticks like that. DT101C can be founded here at a low price (5-10 USD)
Rena:

Post #7510 · Posted at 2009-09-02 05:21:37am 14.6 years ago

Offline PureBlue
PureBlue Avatar Member
2,925 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-08

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5116-3740-7232
"I'm your thorn."
Quote: Pandemonium X
That's the last nail in the coffin on DDR X US. better luck never.Sad

Fixed.
http://i.imgur.com/arQKXn5.png

Post #7511 · Posted at 2009-09-03 04:00:38am 14.6 years ago

Offline Brazen
Brazen Avatar Member+
450 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2007-06-14

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0062-1793
DDR X / Sunday 30th August / Player Test Report

Myself, Alan and two other members of the site were invited to visit KONAMI's European distributor Electrocoin to play DDR X and comment back on the machine to give thoughts and ideas for the future.

There were two machines set up and we were told one unit was set up differently to the other one, but we were not told what the difference was.

Along with DDR:UK, we were asked to spot the difference in the two machines and say which one we preferred.

After approximately one hour we were asked if we could spot the difference and then we were asked to pick which one we thought was running the latest software. Seven out of eight of us got it wrong! KONAMI then admitted the only difference was one machine was running US software and the other machine was running EU software where the sync is exactly the same.

Notes about the machine running US software:

Edit functionality: I had a great time playing with this. USB edits are disabled as standard, however this can be easily turned on in the operator menu, KONAMI said once the system was live in Europe, they would update all distributors and operators about the edit function.

After around 15 minutes of playing with the editor located at http://ddredit.konamionline.com/ddrse/, I had an edit I was ready to play. Edits worked like a charm and I believe this will be a widely used feature when the update is public. KONAMI said the current Beta version will be improved before the forth coming launch.

1P side of the machine was in brilliant shape, I myself managed to clear, near AAA, On the Break, SABER WING and Horatio within the first two credits. Pads were easily comparable in quality to that of the original DDR design.

Notes about the machine running EU software:

As stated, KONAMI had confirmed this machine was synced the exact same as the US machine, however the only difference was it was not possible to use the USB edit function on the EU machines at this time. They went on to say that the updated software was dispatched to locations in early August therefore all machines in the EU should now be software version: HDX:E:A:A:2009072300. If we find any with older software we were asked to tell KONAMI as soon as possible and they will ship new software immediately.

It's worth noting that this machine was perfectly in sync, as well as achieving scores around the 20-30 perfect margin and that freezes were an issue for both pads.

Notes about both machines:

Both machines pads had been altered with a modification that filled the sensor pipes, so there was no gap in the tubing holding the sensor. This modification made the pads a lot more sensitive; however freezes are still an issue with three out of the four pads.

General thoughts from attending the player test:

1. Pads were a lot more sensitive than the ones originally reported as shipped on the US cabinets.
2. Freezes were an issue on some of the pads, even given the fact that they had the same modifications done.
3. We gave a lot of feedback, which they said was valuable, and KONAMI are listening and working hard to improve the product where possible or necessary.
4. We now have direct communication with KONAMI about DDR and other games and where possible they said they would share information with us on current and future games.
http://brazen.zenius-i-vanisher.com/other/teampear.png

Post #7512 · Posted at 2009-09-03 04:34:35am 14.6 years ago

Offline bacon
bacon Avatar Member+
114 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-08-05

"HURRRR"
i really love how KOE invited you guys out for private feedback. more of this should happen in the future.

the "test" they ran was kind of weird though, it mostly just proved how players complain about sync regardless of when there's any real issue. it could still be argued though as players in Asia have stated after playing on upgrades and dedicated cabinets that the sync just feels better on an upgrade even after both have been patched. if they would have just avoided such parts that create lag there would have been less room for problems.

i'm still happy that real work is finally being done to fix the problems on these machines, but its still too late in my opinion. i honestly don't see these machines lasting under strenuous arcade conditions.

i would like to see a route taken similar to Andamiro, have one deluxe cabinet (attractive cabinet and large plasma monitor) and one standard cabinet (standard cabinet and smaller crt monitor). either way most arcades will purchase the cheaper machine which in DDR's case would be these new X cabinets.

i really wish the design development process went from functionality -> cost -> appearance. the japanese cabinets went from appearance -> functionality -> cost and the US/EU cabinets went from cost -> appearance -> functionality.

if we could have just gotten the DDR X JP platform and a regular DDR cabinet that looks decent and is cost effective, it would have avoided so many problems ;/

Post #7513 · Posted at 2009-09-03 04:39:47am 14.6 years ago

Offline Rwr4539
Rwr4539 Avatar Moderator+
1,013 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2007-02-03

"I'm like Peter Pan, but a prick"
Nice to hear the sync is perfect. Big Grin

Post #7514 · Posted at 2009-09-03 04:40:37am 14.6 years ago

Offline MrTM2
MrTM2 Avatar Member
1,680 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-09-13

Brazen, just awesome. Wink
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/MRTM2.pnghttp://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab54/zivrewards/ZIV%20Award%20Committee/th_MrTM2.pnghttp://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/Song%20Title/WheelsofSteel.png

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/Oni-91/Kawaii%20Rangers/042.png

Post #7515 · Posted at 2009-09-03 05:18:11am 14.6 years ago

Offline rateiosu
rateiosu Avatar Member
363 Posts
Colombia
Reg. 2006-09-22

"Let's get this movin'"
thanks for the information, Brazen.
so... that will be the EU build... interesting.
--
Its odd the freeze arrow issue, but, playing songs with no freeze arrows (1-5th Mix and some MAX), the gameplay is sweet.
Smile
Rena:

Post #7516 · Posted at 2009-09-03 05:30:05am 14.6 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
Quote: Brazen
Myself, Alan and two other members of the site were invited to visit KONAMI's European distributor Electrocoin to play DDR X and comment back on the machine to give thoughts and ideas for the future.
We need something like this here, or...just something so that we can literally give Konami of America feedback on the spot about the cabs and stuff...

Post #7517 · Posted at 2009-09-03 05:40:30am 14.6 years ago

Offline rateiosu
rateiosu Avatar Member
363 Posts
Colombia
Reg. 2006-09-22

"Let's get this movin'"
I agree with you, Max.
Rena:

Post #7518 · Posted at 2009-09-03 05:56:38am 14.6 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

"I'm honestly pissed off."
I do hope you asked them if it would be feasible to add an option to turn off the annoyatron. If you did, what was the response?
silenttype01: Kyzentun is never harsh. He says it how it is.

GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Post #7519 · Posted at 2009-09-03 09:54:27am 14.6 years ago

Offline Daiz
Daiz Avatar Member+
1,465 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-29

3DS Friend Code: 0490-4991-3615
"TAKING IT TO THE PIE"
Seriously, I'm very glad that Konami did this sort of test. Especially the sync issues to show that people don't know sync like they think they do. Also, to show people that Konami really is a business trying to make a good product.

Post #7520 · Posted at 2009-09-03 11:18:58am 14.6 years ago

Offline Dr.D
Dr.D Avatar Member
1,451 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-03-01

I talked to a japanese Rep for konami yesterday. (was in my arcade helping with the Ju beat ripples)

I spent a good 20 minutes articulating my concern for DDR X in the USA and how its such a shame that players cant experience this great game on a decent machine. He seemed pretty passionate after I stressed to him every detail and promised me he would talk to his boss to stress the problem further and e-mail me back. I mainly pointed out that all we need is an upgrade kit and that has yet to be made and questioned why it isnt possible for japan just send out their upgrade kits.

anyways, not sure if any of my complaining will do anything in the big picture but just know I am trying for you guys. (I even tried to contact the company in taiwn that makes upgrade kits to see if it'd be possible to ship to the US.)

On top of that... my arcade is selling there SN1/SN2 upgrade kit if anyone is interested please contact me for further details.

I really hope that Trigger is unlocked today. I need to practice the challenge chart if Im ever going to clear Boss Rush X.
Add my DDR 2013 Rival code-1106-3749
Visit my YouTube channel DDR 2013 videos!
DrDvids

http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/2647.png?t=1235917793
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-26 15:52:21
This page took 0.117 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language