Registrarse Conectarse Regresar A Los Foros

Post #1 · Publicado en 2012-05-30 05:21:40am Hace 11.8 años

Offline mrclickman
mrclickman Avatar Member
15 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2012-05-30

Anyone here?

I live in the Monterey Bay. There is a DDR Extreme machine in Monterey Lanes, a Pump It Up Fiesta FX Machine in CSUMB Student Center, and I have my own Pump It Up Fiesta EX, and PIU Pro, machine in my place.

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk has a decent ITG2 Upgrade (r21) that has its good days, along with a few DDR machines and a very crappy PIU Zero machine.

Great Mall Milpitas has a Dave & Busters with a PIU: NXA machine. Machine definitely playable.

The Jungle in San Jose (In front of Westgate Mall) has an ITG2 Dedicab, but it is near impossible to get in due to the strict nature of the employees. It is like Chuck E Cheese on crack. They have a policy where you have to have a child with you and you cannot go in by yourself, or with a group of adults/teenagers.

I believe there is a gym in Mountain View that has a cracked r23 ITG2 Dedicab, and you can get a free 2 week trial period. The gym is super expensive though, and I believe it is $300+ per year to join (Though they have an amazing facility)

There are 3 Golflands in the San Jose area. San Jose Emerald Hills, Sunnyvale. and Milpitas. I believe all of these have DDR:X. Milpitas also has a terrible ITG2 (cracked r23) machine.

UC Davis has their own Pump It Up: Fiesta EX machine, with a run down PIU: Pro right next to it.

Rohnert Park Scandia, to my knowledge, has a PIU: Pro 2 FX cabinet, a DDR: Supernova 2 and an ITG2 Upgrade on cracked r23.

There are a few private machine owners who have their own ITG2 Dedicabs up in Sacramento and Vallejo.

I don't know anything at all about San Francisco and Fresno's arcade scene, but I know Pier 39 used to have it's own ITG2 Upgrade machine, and that Fresno has a couple ITG2 Upgrades as well.
yeah boyyyyy

Post #2 · Publicado en 2012-06-27 11:15:05pm Hace 11.7 años

Offline Gooberjoovies
Gooberjoovies Avatar Member
7 Mensajes
Not Set
Reg. 2012-06-19

Last updated: 2012-06-27 11:17pm
The MGL r23 ITG2 is probably terrible by typical ITG machine standards, but compared to most of the DDR/ITG machines in the area, it's probably a godsend compared to some of the -godawful- machines I've encountered, and I also appreciate that it has an expanded song list thanks to hacking (although it could use some updates, maybe shave off a couple of the unnecessary playlists for X2/X3 vs. 2nd Mix playlists Evil Puppy )

The X in Century 25 Union City's P1 pad has a faulty right arrow. I imagine P2 isn't any better in spite of only getting one play in before heading off to see Brave.

The X in MGL was, thankfully, sold. That one had some serious timing/pad response issues.

The Extreme at Cloverleaf Family Bowl in Fremont is in absolutely horrific shape, with the 1P side pad extremely loose and shaky, the metal pads coming unscrewed off of P2, and P2's up arrow out of whack. On top of that, no unlock codes, which makes the selection very limited. I hope this one goes up on the market on the cheap, because I would buy it just to save it from any more punishment/neglect.

Tilt in Fremont...lol Megamix. Last I saw it was being sold in the neighborhood of a thousand bucks. Pads are okay, but still...Megamix...(Don't Fall Off!)

The nearest X2 machine to the Bay Area is in Vallejo, a commute that I do not wish to make so casually seeing as it'll require either paying a bridge toll (at Carquinez or Benicia) or taking the looooong ass way around (driving from the Fremont area).

I wish D&B Great Mall had a DDR machine to go with their PIU NX: Absolute, since I'm not very good at PIU :<

Also, lol @ the Jungle and Mountain View gym, although if the gym allows free plays on the ITG machine and the machine is decently maintained, I probably wouldn't mind shelling out $300 a year seeing as I'd be playing my money's worth in Arcade tokens anyways >.>

It's sad. The crappy state of console gaming and my boredom from playing in the MMO genre brought me back to DDR, but now the machines are either in terrible condition, or are nowhere to be found. Gas is getting cheaper, yes, and I drive a Hybrid, but I'll be damned if I have to extend my commute to Santa Cruz in the near future, since that's, in essence, the last decent arcade in the Bay Area.

"My motto, as I live and learn, is dig, and be dug in return." - Langston Hughes

Post #3 · Publicado en 2014-03-03 01:43:09pm Hace 10 años

Offline trogfield
trogfield Avatar Member
5 Mensajes
Not Set
Reg. 2014-03-03

anyone still play somewhere in the bay area?

Post #4 · Publicado en 2014-03-03 02:04:21pm Hace 10 años

Offline RevAddict5
RevAddict5 Avatar Member
751 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2013-06-10

"Bigger avatars when?"
I do occasionally. Well East Bay (Antioch) really. I can't too often because the nearest arcades with Bemani games are about half an hour away, and I need to rely on someone to drive me to them.

Also, please check the date of the last post in a thread to see how old it is. A general good idea is to not post in any threads that go over 3 months without a post. Tongue

Post #5 · Publicado en 2014-03-03 02:09:08pm Hace 10 años

Offline XmatthewX
XmatthewX Avatar Member
611 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2011-07-21

Quote: RevAddict5
I do occasionally. Well East Bay (Antioch) really. I can't too often because the nearest arcades with Bemani games are about half an hour away, and I need to rely on someone to drive me to them.

Also, please check the date of the last post in a thread to see how old it is. A general good idea is to not post in any threads that go over 3 months without a post. Tongue

Well granted that people will yell at him for making a new thread over a topic that's already here....

Post #6 · Publicado en 2014-03-06 03:52:12pm Hace 10 años

Offline trogfield
trogfield Avatar Member
5 Mensajes
Not Set
Reg. 2014-03-03

doesnt seem like theres any place where ppl in california go to talk about ddr or play it. didnt see any up to date one here.

Post #7 · Publicado en 2014-03-06 04:02:26pm Hace 10 años

Offline RevAddict5
RevAddict5 Avatar Member
751 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2013-06-10

"Bigger avatars when?"
I think there's a bit of DDR talk in Southern California. Mainly because of the Round1 places over there.

I also think there's a bit of DDR talk where Sunnyvale is, because they have an X3 over there.
Registrarse Conectarse Regresar A Los Foros

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 20:58:07
Esta página tomó 0.02 segundos en ejecutarse.
Theme: starlight · Language: spanish
Reset Theme & Language