Logo

Songs only playable under certain conditions?

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2012-04-17 10:54:10pm 11.9 years ago

Offline Zowayix
Zowayix Avatar Member
1,144 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2009-09-19

Last updated: 2012-04-17 11:09pm
I'm looking to compile a list of songs on all fully unlocked games outside of Japan that can only be played under certain conditions.

Here's what I have so far (this is probably not complete):

On SN1 AC:
- HDVHeavy can only be played either on forced 1.5x rainbow reverse no-recover in Extra Stage, as the fourth song in Boss Rush episode III on forced 1x vivid 4-lives, or in the "Random" nonstop course with any mods.
- HDVChallenge can only be played as the fifth song in Bosh Rush episode IV on forced 1x vivid 4-lives.
- HDVStandard can only be played in the "Random" nonstop course (I am not sure if this is true)
- HDVLight and Beginner cannot be played at all.
- FaxxHeavy can only be played either on forced 1.5x rainbow reverse no-recover in Extra Stage, as the fifth song in MAX of MAXX on forced 1x vivid 4-lives, or in the "Random" nonstop course with any mods.
- FaxxChallenge can only be played as the fourth song in Bosh Rush episode IV on forced 1x vivid 4-lives.
- FaxxStandard can only be played in the "Random" nonstop course (I am not sure if this is true)
- FaxxLight and Beginner cannot be played at all.
- FelmHeavy can only be played either on forced 1.5x rainbow reverse no-recover in Extra Stage, or in the "Random" nonstop course with any mods.
- FelmStandard can only be played in the "Random" nonstop course (I am not sure if this is true)
- FelmChallenge, Light, and Beginner cannot be played at all.
- CHAOSHeavy can only be played either on forced 1x vivid sudden-death in OMES, as the third song in Bosh Rush episode IV on forced 1x vivid 4-lives, or in the "Random" nonstop course with any mods.
- CHAOSChallenge can only be played as the fifth song in Boss Rush episode II on forced 1x vivid 4-lives.
- CHAOSStandard can only be played in the "Random" nonstop course (I am not sure if this is true)
- CHAOSLight and Beginner cannot be played at all.

On EXTREME AC and SN1 AC:
- The only way to play AM-3P (AM EAST mix) with the Fuwa Fuwa mod and MAX 300 with the 0.25x mod is to play the TRICK course.

On Extreme 1 and Extreme 2 for PS2:
- The only way to play Make It BetterHeavy with the Fuwa Fuwa mod and The legend of MAXStandard with the 0.25x mod is to play the TRICK course. In TLOM's case, the Flat mod is also forced on. (Extreme 1)
- The only way to play Paranoia MaxHeavy with the Fuwa Fuwa mod is to play the "The Way of Legend" course. (Extreme 1)
- The only way to play I will SurviveLight and Standard with the Fuwa Fuwa mod is to play the Trick course. The Flat mod is also forced on. (Extreme 2)

On Hottest Party 1 for Wii:
- The only way to play tokyoEvolved is to have it randomly select one of three versions.

On Hottest Party 2 for Wii:
- The only way to play osaka Evolved is to have it randomly select one of three versions, OR to play it in Training Mode in which case your score will not be saved.

On Hottest Party 3 for Wii and X2 PS2:
- The only way to play roppongi Evolved is to have it randomly select one of three versions, OR to play it in Training Mode or Edit Mode (X2 only) in which case your score will not be saved.

On Hottest Party 4 for Wii and DDR PS3 (I refuse to call either of them just "DanceDanceRevolution"):
- The only way to play New York Evolved is to have it randomly select one of three versions, OR to play it in Training Mode in which case your score will not be saved.

On DDR II/Hottest Party 5 for Wii:
- The only way to play London Evolved is to have it randomly select one of three versions, OR to play it in Training Mode in which case your score will not be saved.

On X2 AC:
- I'm so happy and Theory of Eternity (all difficulties) cannot be played at all.
- deltaMAXChallenge cannot be played. The other four difficulties can.
- Valkyrie dimension cannot ever be played on Encore Extra Stage outside of Asia. (Since it was fully unlocked, it cannot be played on EES in Asia either. I believe this is the only case of something no longer being playable after a full unlock.)

On ITG1 AC:
- Liquid Moon cannot be played outside of the Energy course. I can't remember what difficulties it was playable on, but the other three difficulties cannot be played. (I don't think there is any kind of "Random" course in ITG.)
- All courses with modifiers contain the only way to play those songs with those modifiers. (Example: The only way to play Hardcore of the North with Boomerang at the beginning but not at the end is to play Breaking Point.)

On ITG2 AC:
- All courses with modifiers contain the only way to play those songs with those modifiers. (Example: The only way to play Energizer with the Driven Drop is to play Driven.)

Other:
- Max. (period) cannot be played outside of Extreme PS2 in Japan. I believe this is the only case in which a song is completely unplayable outside of Japan.

Questions:
- Were SN2 AC and X AC fully unlocked outside of Japan? I can't ever remember Pluto Relinquish being selectable for 1st stage in SN2, or the X-Specials being playable outside of Extra Stage for X, but my memory isn't that good.
- What modifiers have existed that have been unselectable in at least some games? For example, Fuwa Fuwa has existed but never manually selectable, 0.5x and 0.25x have not been selectable in some games (which games?), Speed mods didn't exist until MAX, specific speed mods like 2.5x and 3.5x didn't exist until X, Note didn't exist until SN1, Vivid didn't exist until 3rd (?) mix, etc.
- Is there anything I missed above?

If you can answer any of the above questions or clarify/fix anything above, please be as specific as possible. Thanks!

Post #2 · Posted at 2012-04-17 11:59:43pm 11.9 years ago

Offline CynicalOkie
CynicalOkie Avatar Member
541 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-02-27

3DS Friend Code: 5370-1122-8774
"Care cup is empty! c[_]"
We have SN2 US over here. It's fully unlocked AFAIK, because I can choose all boss songs as the first stage, as well as the radar specials. Unless there is some truth for there being characters or courses that are still locked, looks like SN2 is the only true American mix that got it right.

Post #3 · Posted at 2012-04-18 01:32:31am 11.9 years ago

Offline Zowayix
Zowayix Avatar Member
1,144 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2009-09-19

Added one note:
- Glitch charts like Last MessageChallenge, etc. are only playable in various nonstop courses on Extreme AC using the course selection glitch. These songs cannot have speed mods used, but may use any other modifiers, such as Boost, etc.

Post #4 · Posted at 2012-04-18 05:24:58am 11.9 years ago

Offline ledgam3r1279
ledgam3r1279 Avatar Member+
993 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-10-14

"now led_light for short"

Last updated: 2012-04-18 05:28am
Quote: Zowayix
- The only way to play London Evolved is to have it randomly select one of three versions, OR to play it in Training Mode in which case your score will not be saved.

I play London Evolved in Training Mode and my scores ARE saved.

See for yourself:

Oops, I forgot that that is the second time I PFCed London Evolved. You still see "New Record" in the results screen, though.

Skip to 8:34:

DDR A3 Rival Code: 3115-3633 | Like my work? Become a patron today!
Latest Simfiles:
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/Demon%20Lord/Demon%20Lord-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/Anarchy/Anarchy-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/Bewitched/Bewitched-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/The%20Most%20Wanted%20Person%20In%20the%20United%20States/The%20Most%20Wanted%20Person%20In%20the%20United%20States-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/999%20%28666%20Camellia%27s%20Unofficial%20Rejected%20Remix%29/999%20%28666%20Camellia%27s%20Unofficial%20Rejected%20Remix%29-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/God%20Sees%20All%20%28Odyssey%20Eurobeat%20Bootleg%29/God%20Sees%20All%20%28Odyssey%20Eurobeat%20Bootleg%29-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/Up%20N%27%20Down/Up%20N%27%20Down-jacket.png

Post #5 · Posted at 2012-04-18 06:22:33am 11.9 years ago

Offline Silver Spirit
Silver Spirit Avatar Member
6,580 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-09-14

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2249-7707-55923DS Friend Code: 2578-3309-2697
"i was born at a very young age"

Last updated: 2012-04-18 06:26am
Liquid Moon is Heavy and Challenge only on ITG1, though it may also be just Heavy on both versions.

In one version of ITG3, Round and Round can only be played on Beginner and Challenge no matter what. (though this may not count because ITG3 was never formally released)

Fuwa Fuwa was selectable in X2 AC onward, 0.5x and 0.25x did not exist until SN2.

Post #6 · Posted at 2012-04-18 06:40:28am 11.9 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
AeronPeryton Avatar Member+
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
Quote: Silver Spirit
Liquid Moon is Heavy and Challenge only on ITG1, though it may also be just Heavy on both versions.

You can only play Liquid Moon on Marathon on the In The Groove arcade, thus Heavy-only. Even on the PlayStation 2 version of In The Groove you have access to the full song.

Post #7 · Posted at 2012-04-18 07:03:21am 11.9 years ago

Offline Zowayix
Zowayix Avatar Member
1,144 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2009-09-19

Last updated: 2012-04-18 07:08am
I'm almost certain that at least one, if not multiple, home versions before SN2 had 0.5x as a speed mod. They might even have had 0.25x as well. I think X2 AC might not have 0.5x and 0.25x though.

I had no idea Fuwa Fuwa was in X2 AC, thanks!

It's very interesting that DDR II saves your scores in Training Mode. I assume it would not save if you used any Training Mode exclusive features like assist tick, starting from the middle of the song, etc. I know HP1 didn't have a Training Mode, and HP2 and HP3 do not save your scores at all. Can someone check HP4 and DDR PS3 for me?

Post #8 · Posted at 2012-04-18 09:16:14am 11.9 years ago

Offline rabby250
rabby250 Avatar Member
68 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2009-09-11

Last updated: 2012-04-18 09:44am
It's very interesting that DDR II saves your scores in Training Mode. I assume it would not save if you used any Training Mode exclusive features like assist tick, starting from the middle of the song, etc. I know HP1 didn't have a Training Mode, and HP2 and HP3 do not save your scores at all. Can someone check HP4 and DDR PS3 for me?
I'd mentioned this in the chat room but didn't post it.

The system in DDR II is based on HP4 (with very little modifications), and for unknown reasons HP4 allows players to overwrite their records with scores earned in Training Mode (even with assists such as lowered speed).

As a result, it is possible for a player to enable assists in HP4/DDR II's Training Mode and earn easy scores for their records.
(Not sure for PS3 though, have to check it out.)

Edit: if someone's going to try this out, be sure to backup your save before doing so. HP series never allow players to delete scores individually, so if you want the records to list your actual scores instead of those easy ones, you'll have to delete the entire save and start a new one.

Post #9 · Posted at 2012-04-18 09:26:35am 11.9 years ago

Offline Zowayix
Zowayix Avatar Member
1,144 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2009-09-19

Wtf? Having all Training Mode scores save is a terrible idea.

If it's really true, can someone check this? In HP4 or DDR II, go into Training Mode and play only the last few bars of any song so that no notes show up. When the song ends, you should have a 0 score D grade Marvelous Full Combo. The MFC platinum crown symbol should be saved onto the records. If you played a stepchart you have never played before, the record data should show an MFC D.

Post #10 · Posted at 2012-04-18 07:41:26pm 11.9 years ago

Offline bmhedgehog
bmhedgehog Avatar Banned+
3,136 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2008-07-13

"BANNED"
On Hottest Party 2 for Wii:
- The only way to play osaka Evolved is to have it randomly select one of three versions, OR to play it in Training Mode in which case your score will not be saved.

I've tried these with Training Mode and they didn't work. Question does this only work with the Japanese versions or should they work with all versions?

Post #11 · Posted at 2012-04-18 07:58:06pm 11.9 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
I loved the Maximizer edit in Extreme only playable in the Mission mode thing.
Always wondered how I could unlock the chart, then realized the sad truth.

Post #12 · Posted at 2012-04-21 01:10:45pm 11.9 years ago

Offline Hlavco
Hlavco Avatar Member
91 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-06-02

SuperNOVA US PS2
-Feelings Won't Fade (Extend Trance Mix)
-HONEY PUNCH
-NIJIIRO
-Silver Platform -I wanna get your heart-
-Trim
The above are only playable in online play. As online play was discontinued, they are no longer playable at all.

DDRMax US PS2
-20, November (D.D.R. Version)
-LET THEM MOVE
-KEEP ON MOVIN'
The above are only playable in Lesson Mode, without their official stepcharts.

DDRMax2, DDR Extreme, DDR Extreme 2 (all US PS2)
-Try 2 Luv U (playable on DDRMax2)
-A Stupid Barber (playable on Extreme)
-Baby Baby Gimme Your Love
The above are only playable in Lesson Mode, without their official stepcharts.

Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix
-Super Mario Bros. Level 1-1 BGM
The original 1-1 music is only playable during the story mode's credits. It has a different stepchart depending on the difficulty you chose for Story Mode.

Post #13 · Posted at 2012-04-21 09:29:45pm 11.9 years ago

Offline mageman17
mageman17 Avatar Member
2,102 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2008-06-15

"MAGGLE"
On Hottest Party 4 for Wii and DDR PS3 (I refuse to call either of them just "DanceDanceRevolution"):
- The only way to play New York Evolved is to have it randomly select one of three versions, OR to play it in Training Mode in which case your score will not be saved.

=If you go to the records section, New York evolved is displayed with all of its three variants.
http://i.imgur.com/wX5XjLU.png

Thank you so much, Lord Toon!

Post #14 · Posted at 2012-04-22 12:58:33pm 11.9 years ago

Offline OMG Paige!
OMG Paige! Avatar Member
7 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-11-28

"STANDARD MODE!!!!"
Quote: Silver Spirit
Fuwa Fuwa was selectable in X2 AC onward

Fuwa Fuwa is a selectable mod in SN2 AC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4-KFkjnBk8
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/ddr_sig.php?userid=2069&generate=1

Post #15 · Posted at 2012-04-22 04:48:49pm 11.9 years ago

Offline rabby250
rabby250 Avatar Member
68 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2009-09-11

Last updated: 2012-04-22 04:58pm
Wtf? Having all Training Mode scores save is a terrible idea.

If it's really true, can someone check this? In HP4 or DDR II, go into Training Mode and play only the last few bars of any song so that no notes show up. When the song ends, you should have a 0 score D grade Marvelous Full Combo. The MFC platinum crown symbol should be saved onto the records. If you played a stepchart you have never played before, the record data should show an MFC D.
Checked.

If you altered the starting or ending point, you won't get any FC crown (even if there were notes in the selected section, and you got all of them), and your score won't be recorded.

As the adjustment of starting/ending point was the only option that does not belong to the "options" page, I would guess that Konami somehow messed up and treated most assists as normal options.

Post #16 · Posted at 2012-04-24 02:22:39am 11.9 years ago

Offline Zowayix
Zowayix Avatar Member
1,144 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2009-09-19

Last updated: 2012-04-24 02:23am
I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet - I'd forgotten about it until now.

Crazy LoveHeavy's messed-up crossover chart, Let's Get Away (Full version), Private Eye (Full version), and dreaming can make a wish come true (Full version) can only be played with Flat forced on at specific parts of the song (due to the PS3 version making it impossible to turn off Chain Arrows).

You could take this a step further and say that like ITG's mod marathons, the PS3 version is the only way to play a bunch of songs with Flat on at one point of the chart but not another point.

Post #17 · Posted at 2012-04-24 09:19:05am 11.9 years ago

Offline Meseki
Meseki Avatar Member
681 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-07-08

Quote: Hlavco
SuperNOVA US PS2
-Feelings Won't Fade (Extend Trance Mix)
-HONEY PUNCH
-NIJIIRO
-Silver Platform -I wanna get your heart-
-Trim
The above are only playable in online play. As online play was discontinued, they are no longer playable at all.
Actually, these were all revived on SN2 US CS as normal unlocks probably precisely because they would become unplayable when online play for SN1 US CS was discontinued.
IIDX Rank: SP 九段 (7/8)/ DP 七段 (5/8); 1P Side player
SP 11* Clears: 132/150 (88.00%); 12* Clears: 23/96 (23.96%)
Has access to CS 9th-EMP+PB+US, uses extended KOCs.

Post #18 · Posted at 2012-04-25 06:16:12pm 11.9 years ago

Offline Nightime
Nightime Avatar Member
1,116 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-18
MySpace: d34dm34t
"ARR JOO LEADY??"
IIRC:

Extreme 2's Online Mode had a selection of songs unlockable in SuperNOVA that worked the same way:

-LOVE v SHINE
-BLUE IMPULSE (for EXTREME)
-Calico Cat Rock
-The Least 100 sec.
-GRADUATION

But it's online mode too, was sadly discontinued. It would be a trip to go back now, since practically everybody has broadband now, and recreate what the experience could've been like back then, since very few of us had that back in PS2's era.

2nd (Re)Mix:

NORMAL
-MAKE @ JAM! was only playable as Stage 1.
-PUT YOUR FAITH IN ME became playable at Stage 2, or after a AA/better, (Jazzy-Groove) was selectable instead.
-IF YOU WERE HERE became playable only on Stage 3.
-TRIP MACHINE, SP-TRIP MACHINE, or TRIP MACHINE -luv mix- was final stage, depending on accumulated score (??)
-Roulette was selectable only on Final Stage.

HARD
-think ya better D was only playable as Stage 1.
-BRILLIANT 2U and MAKE IT BETTER were playable at Stage 2, or after AA/better, (So-REAL Mix) replaced MAKE IT BETTER.
-GET UP'N MOVE became playable only on Stage 3.
-BRILLIANT 2U (Orchestra-Groove) became playable after SS/better on MAKE IT BETTER (So-REAL Mix).
-LOVE THIS FEELIN' became playable on Stage 4 (or Final if fewer).
-PARANOiA, PARANOiA MAX, or PARANOiA KCET was final stage, depending on accumulated score (low score for KCET).
-Roulette was selectable only on Final Stage.
-PARANOiA MAX (in roulette) covertly replaced the actual Roulette (animated banner and all) after a certain score level.

All Music Mode rendered this selectability irrelevant, however.

5th Mix:

You could only play the long versions on the second-to-last stage. This tradition carried over to DDRX and the Xmixes on arcade machines, but not console versions (where the Xmix was treated as a single stage instead).
https://i.imgur.com/C2il3tl.png

Post #19 · Posted at 2012-05-02 07:06:19am 11.9 years ago

Offline Zowayix
Zowayix Avatar Member
1,144 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2009-09-19

Here's another really subtle one:

Songs exclusive to DDR Wii 2010 (hottest party 4) and DDR II are forced on ~29% Sudden, because the score counter has been moved to the top of the screen, shifting the targets down by one 4th note (on 1x speed). This does not affect DDR PS3.

Post #20 · Posted at 2012-05-03 07:31:57am 11.9 years ago

Offline NuVirus
NuVirus Avatar Member
694 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-10-10

Why did they make it so that MAX. Period is unavailable anywhere in the world outside Japan? That's completely impractical. Sure it's just ONE song, but it's THAT song in particular. Sure, it's possible to do imports, or play it on ITG, but why won't KONAMI release MAX. Period in any American DDR game up to now?
"I never really got better, I just learned to accept that some people aren't meant to be happy in this world. It makes it easier when you're not hoping for something that will never come." -IndependentThinker2
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 6% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 22:20:54
This page took 0.014 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: german
Reset Theme & Language