Post #301 · Publicado en 2012-05-06 08:17:27am Hace 11.9 años

Offline DMAxel
DMAxel Avatar Member
2,823 Mensajes
Chile
Reg. 2007-10-01

Quote: TheSirius17
My controversial opinion is...
For me, IIDX becomes gradually worse (starting from SIRIUS, I believe) in terms of songs. Old IIDX songs have a distinct, unique style of music that created a diversity between songs, all while until today, we still listen to the same monotonous sound.
I don't know if I could define today IIDX's as having "monotonous sound", but I agree with everything else here.
Though pre-RED IIDXs will always be my favorites Tongue

Post #302 · Publicado en 2012-05-06 08:43:12am Hace 11.9 años

Offline Meseki
Meseki Avatar Member
681 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2008-07-08

Quote: Maestro Grithok S
What I'm saying is that bringing in doujin artists seems like it would/should be a last-ditch effort to save the dying music genre, and, last I looked everything was still going fine with BEMANI.
It seems that at least since SIRIUS (though more obvious since Resort Anthem), they've been trying to bring in new artists, probably to keep things a little more varied. Part of that was getting those doujin artists, probably because it wasn't too hard for many of them.

After all, people such as Ax (if he really is onoken), Masayoshi Minoshima, REDALiCE, cosMo@暴走P, ゆうゆ, sasakure.UK, and OSTER project all seem to be (or at least have been) fans of BEMANI, as most of them have made BMS files or the like (especially Ax/onoken, ゆうゆ, and sasakure.UK). I recall seeing information about Masayoshi Minoshima making a BMS file once, though I don't recall the song name or alias used, and I can't find the information anymore. REDALiCE apparently made a BMS file, but I think the samples in taboo tears you up are reasonable proof. As for OSTER project, he's been a IIDX player for 10 years according to BEMANIwiki.
IIDX Rank: SP 九段 (7/8)/ DP 七段 (5/8); 1P Side player
SP 11* Clears: 132/150 (88.00%); 12* Clears: 23/96 (23.96%)
Has access to CS 9th-EMP+PB+US, uses extended KOCs.

Post #303 · Publicado en 2012-05-06 09:07:26am Hace 11.9 años

Offline TheSirius17
TheSirius17 Avatar Member
1,127 Mensajes
Indonesia
Reg. 2010-05-23

"Keep the frequency clear."
The only songs by TERRA that I like are switch, Tenjou no Hoshi ~Reimeiki~ and Parasite World.

Sota Fujimori is the best when it comes to DDR songs and only for DDR.
I'm a DDR player, but never make a AAA.
No, I'm not a IIDX player, but I'm a BMS player.
No, I'm not pnm player, and I haven't play pnm simulator yet.

Post #304 · Publicado en 2012-05-06 09:50:44am Hace 11.9 años

Offline CentiJR
CentiJR Avatar Member+
74 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2011-10-17

I loved playing PS2 DDRs with Hands and Feet.
All the Wii DDR are amazing, with a slight exception of II since it does not have any motion gameplay.
I hate how there are barely any Bemani Material being traded around. I really want to get my hands on the demos from HP and HP2.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n48/shahllen/SNSDGaga20Sig.png

Post #305 · Publicado en 2012-05-06 10:15:50am Hace 11.9 años

Offline Tetradact
Tetradact Avatar Member
189 Mensajes
Japan
Reg. 2012-01-03

...That's a problem? Take any given BEMANI game save SVB. You have your Ryu happy hardcore, your Yoshitaka trancecore, your L.E.D-G gabba, your wac, your seiya, your TOMOSUKE, your Tatsh. It's served BEMANI well for years, and we've never complained about it because it's always been fresh, to a certain degree. (Except for Yoshitaka.) What I'm saying is that bringing in doujin artists seems like it would/should be a last-ditch effort to save the dying music genre, and, last I looked everything was still going fine with BEMANI.

Ah, well. Guess that's what jubeat is for, then?

What's so wrong about bringing in new artists into the game?

It spices the game up and makes it interesting, and best of all, it doesn't make the Beatnation artists anymore obsolete.

And I wouldn't term people like Redalice or Hommarju as doujin artists anymore since they are very well known among the EDM crowd in Japan.

Post #306 · Publicado en 2012-05-06 10:55:35am Hace 11.9 años

Offline Android
Android Avatar Member
732 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2010-11-22

"Toasty!"
I actually like the DDR 2010 interface and saw nothing wrong with it. I like the interactive BGs. I enjoyed it so much and was very excited when I got it.
Banner by silverdragon754
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/davidboglin/Born-This-Way.png
I'm beautiful in my way cause' god makes no mistakes. I'm on the right track. Baby, I was Born This Way.

Post #307 · Publicado en 2012-05-06 10:57:25am Hace 11.9 años

Offline The Mirror Of UM2
The Mirror Of UM2 Avatar Member
283 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2011-08-05

"Protecting The Emeralds And Gems"
Hottest Party 2 Is one of my favorite DDR CS games ever. Haters beware

Post #308 · Publicado en 2012-07-15 05:47:37pm Hace 11.7 años

Offline forcednature
forcednature Avatar Member
1,009 Mensajes
Germany
Reg. 2012-06-12

""Captain uwu""
"The last reply in this thread is more than one month ago, please post only if you have something useful to add to the discussion. "

Guess that means I can safely post in here?

- I like Jun, Yoshitaka and TAG.
- Silent Hill (+ remix) is the most underrated DDR song.
- DDR needs faster non-boss songs.
- We need another 19 footer.
- PARANOiA Revolution is the second-best PARANOiA mix, after KCET.
- PH Challenge is good.
- The .59 remix actually is ok.
- Unlocking in DDRII is too tedious.
- The last part in VANESSA is literally impossible without either spinning which is too hard on 180 BPM (?) 12ths, or doublestepping.
https://i.imgur.com/SkGLw82.png

Post #309 · Publicado en 2012-07-15 05:56:04pm Hace 11.7 años

Offline NEMESetup
NEMESetup Avatar Member
2,026 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2006-12-30

"Gimme a mothaf----n' break!"
While newer DDR's have been made, I would much rather get my hands on the DDR CLUB VERSiONS and play them. Seriously.

I'm very curious as to what a 20 Footer would be in DDR. With the brand new rating scale introduced in DDR X we got an 18, DDR X2 brought us a 19, now give us a 20.

She is my wife is annoying.

Post #310 · Publicado en 2012-07-15 06:24:06pm Hace 11.7 años

Offline DDR Addict
DDR Addict Avatar Member
1,464 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2009-09-23

Nintendo Network ID: RimeTM3DS Friend Code: 3454-0657-8756
"Let's Do the Rain Dance"
- GOLD RUSH is annoying in all 3 versions. The chart is fun, though.
- Winx Club BEMANI songs deserve to crossover to the main series, and get new AC team steps.
- If Konami doesn't make a CS game this year, they should return to US AC distribution next year with a bunch of licenses (between 20-30). I know how pulled people get to those songs, and moving them to the AC would work miracles in revenues.
- The X-specials really should go if the next mix isn't of the X series. I also want the Groove Radar songs to get cut, but that's more unlikely.
- Jump streams and 16th-16th-jump patterns work...at 130 BPM at max. Including them in stuff like SUMIDIGAWA and Valkyrie Dimension is overkill.
- Karaoke Revolution should be revived...as an addition to the DDR series. I mean, they actually tied the 2 together in Karaoke Revolution Party, and it would be cool to do it the other way around.

Post #311 · Publicado en 2012-07-15 06:32:42pm Hace 11.7 años

Offline JhOpZzZz
JhOpZzZz Avatar Member
1,069 Mensajes
Philippines
Reg. 2008-04-01

Nintendo Network ID: jplagacOrigin: virkatoGame Center Nickname: JJL Company

Last updated: 2012-07-15 06:33pm
I just hope the X-Special charts should now be placed on the original songs as their challenge charts on the future DDR games. seeing multiple album arts of the same songs (ie PARANOIA, PARANOIA X-SPECIAL, PARANOIA MAX ~DIRTY MIX~, PARANOIA MAX ~DIRTY MIX~ (X-SPECIAL), PARANOIA Rebirth, PARANOIA Rebirth X-SPECIAL) is very annoying as hell

Post #312 · Publicado en 2012-07-15 06:54:18pm Hace 11.7 años

Offline bright_th12
bright_th12 Avatar Member
565 Mensajes
Indonesia
Reg. 2011-07-02

- I really don't like swooshing sounds and soundbiting effect in SDVX
- Few (or some) IIDX song genres are misfit, especially Star Trail is more like Dubstep than Trance
having one helpful friend is better than having ten useless friends

Post #313 · Publicado en 2012-07-15 08:03:31pm Hace 11.7 años

Offline LivingInCuriosity
LivingInCuriosity Avatar Member
152 Mensajes
Not Set
Reg. 2012-03-26

They should seriously add more Dancemania songs in newer DDR releases.

Post #314 · Publicado en 2012-07-15 10:51:35pm Hace 11.7 años

Offline Darkstorm091
Darkstorm091 Avatar Member
575 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2009-05-10

"AKA Azaliate"

Last updated: 2012-07-15 10:55pm
Late opinions to some posts because this thread got burried while I wasn't looking

Quote: TheSirius17
My controversial opinion is...
For me, IIDX becomes gradually worse (starting from SIRIUS, I believe) in terms of songs. Old IIDX songs have a distinct, unique style of music that created a diversity between songs, all while until today, we still listen to the same monotonous sound.

This is interesting because I'm the opposite way. For me older IIDX OSTs sound flat and boring while newer songs are a lot more interesting and fit what I imagine IIDX to be more.

As a comparison I looked in my iTunes.
Number of songs from 1-10th Style I have in there: 40
Number of songs from Lincle: 53
Even RED-GOLD don't have a lot of songs, and it isn't until TROOPERS that I start getting massive 30+ songs from the OST that I listen to on a regular basis.

So yeah, newer BEMANI stuff is definitely more my thing

Quote: giuly-nyah
wut. for doujin things.... doesn't exist the BMS? in the last year... in the BMS of Fighters where was a part of the songs based on madoka magica (the anime) (but REDALiCE is great for me. but... prim.... i hate it.)
Yeah, but IIDX isn't BMS. BMS is to IIDX as Stepmania is to DDR. If people disliked a certain song, you can't quite respond to them by saying "but somebody out there has made a simfile out of it".
I like SVB's music because it's supposed to be an homage to BEMANI. Almost every single song on there is a remix of another BEMANI song. Yeah, there's too much Vocaloid, but it's obvious what it's supposed to be. Bringing SVB-style stuff onto IIDX and attempting to have it taken seriously is the opposite of that.
Not saying I didn't like Express Emotion or Round and Round, it's just that I see where this is going and NO.

Also interesting, because I see where this is going and I like it. Honestly, before L.E.D. became SD for IIDX the series had gotten quite stale. There was always Taka songs, YOSHITAKA songs, kors k songs, Ryu songs, etc. All the songs were new yes, but if you wanted a new artist have fun looking at the License list buddy. What L.E.D. is doing is great imo because he's bringing in new talent and providing fresh breath in a series that had grown stale as far as artists were concerned. In addition the number of new KOs hasn't changed in any way. kors k still does 3 songs, Ryu still does 3 songs, wac is actually doing more songs, averaging around 2 songs a game now instead of the 1 he had during the YOSHITAKA era (exception TROOPERS), Tatsh actually did 5 songs in Lincle, L.E.D. does 6 songs. All L.E.D. is doing is culling out the license list, usually having only having 2-3 licenses now, and adding in more commission artists. While I understand not everyone may like it I personally am one of the people that does.

Actual new opinions:

Ax/felys needs to have a song in IIDX.
neu needs to be trasplanted to IIDX
I'm annoyed that FLOWER is being crossovered to everything because SEED would have been a much better choice personally.
Piano needs to stop being OMES in IIDX. Yeah, I get it. Pianos are dramatic. Now give me a new style for my last boss song already. We've had 5 games IN A ROW with piano style OMES, and the last 2 weren't that great. I mean, seriously, perditus over PARADISE LOST for OMES in RA? Who made THAT decision

tl;dr Newer IIDX are better, like the direction IIDX is going in, Ax/felys => IIDX, neu => IIDX, FLOWER why SEED so much better, Piano OMES = Stop it.
http://i.imgur.com/JK66vAd.png
We hope you enjoyed this journey through sound

Post #315 · Publicado en 2012-07-16 12:01:54am Hace 11.7 años

Offline XeneSyS 87
XeneSyS 87 Avatar Member
710 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2012-04-17

jubeat/jukebeat SERIOUSLY needs an Android port.

Many of the crossovers I would of expected in DDR never appeared. Songs including D.M. Star, SEED, Broken, F, evans, Destiny Sword etc. should of ALL been on X3 vs. 2nd Mix.

DDR X2/X3 interface is far too clean and looks "Wii-ish". I'm not a fan of clean interfaces.

Singles charts are funner to play, but Doubles charts are FAR funner to write.

DDR doubles charts are lackluster and resemble too much like their singles counterparts. IMO, ITG-style doubles are FAR more creative (but don't always work).

Post #316 · Publicado en 2012-07-16 12:04:43am Hace 11.7 años

Offline SpyHunter29
SpyHunter29 Avatar Member
330 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2008-06-09

Konami is afraid of the 7th console generation (PS3 and XBox 360). That's why they haven't made any DDR home games in Japan since X and any IIDX games since Empress; in order to handle X2 or Sirius, they'd need to upgrade their hardware.
98% of teenagers do or have tried caving into peer pressure. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, DO NOT copy & paste this in your signature.

Post #317 · Publicado en 2012-07-16 12:09:58am Hace 11.7 años

Offline XeneSyS 87
XeneSyS 87 Avatar Member
710 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2012-04-17

Quote: SpyHunter29
Konami is afraid of the 7th console generation (PS3 and XBox 360). That's why they haven't made any DDR home games in Japan since X and any IIDX games since Empress; in order to handle X2 or Sirius, they'd need to upgrade their hardware.

Remember the DDR Universe series? That was on Xbox 360. (Unless if you're regarding to Japan only)

And is it so much they're "afraid"? Or rather, too expensive to produce because they might lose some profits from selling games on a more expensive platform?

Post #318 · Publicado en 2012-07-16 01:10:20am Hace 11.7 años

Offline DMAxel
DMAxel Avatar Member
2,823 Mensajes
Chile
Reg. 2007-10-01

Quote: DDR Addict
- Winx Club BEMANI songs deserve to crossover to the main series, and get new AC team steps.
If those songs are keeping their cuts from Winx Club, I disagree. Some of those cuts are just... Dead

Post #319 · Publicado en 2012-07-16 01:18:36am Hace 11.7 años

Offline SpyHunter29
SpyHunter29 Avatar Member
330 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2008-06-09

Quote: XeneSyS 87
Quote: SpyHunter29

Remember the DDR Universe series? That was on Xbox 360. (Unless if you're regarding to Japan only)

And is it so much they're "afraid"? Or rather, too expensive to produce because they might lose some profits from selling games on a more expensive platform?

Yes, I am quite aware of the Universe games. But seeing as how I brought up IIDX too, I was mostly talking about Japan. And by "afraid", I guess I meant that as the same as what you said at the end. Plus, they'd have further reason to, since Rock Revolution and the 2010 DDRs flopped as far as I'm aware.
98% of teenagers do or have tried caving into peer pressure. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, DO NOT copy & paste this in your signature.

Post #320 · Publicado en 2012-07-16 04:59:12am Hace 11.7 años

Offline NEMESetup
NEMESetup Avatar Member
2,026 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2006-12-30

"Gimme a mothaf----n' break!"
Similar to what Darkstorm091 said about OMES songs, I find Sense 2007 and Beach Side Bunny to be the best OMES songs. For me personally, I'd rather the OMES song truly fit the theme of whatever game it is instead of it always being a piano-based song; hence why Sense 2007 was a perfect OMES for GOLD and Beach Side Bunny was a perfect OMES for Resort Anthem (although the album version from I AM NOT A DJ is a little better).
Registrarse Conectarse Regresar A Los Foros

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-29 10:41:25
Esta página tomó 0.023 segundos en ejecutarse.
Theme: starlight · Language: spanish
Reset Theme & Language