Offline bright_th12
bright_th12 Avatar Member
565 Posts
Indonesia
Reg. 2011-07-02

Last updated: 2012-05-05 08:11am
Quote: XeneSyS 87

->IIDX & pop'n should be retired now
There should be new generation for those both games.

Anyway...
- I don't like Rieki Pop in pop'n 20 fantasia
- Fish Ice (rb limelight) is the creepiest BEMANI cover ever imo
- Jubeat songs were crossovered into DDR should have a chart (or beat) like their jubeat chart. Like I'm so happy Challenge and Sumidagawa Challenge
having one helpful friend is better than having ten useless friends

Post #282 · Posted at 2012-05-05 10:41:25am 11.9 years ago

Offline DDRmaster2007
DDRmaster2007 Avatar Member
964 Posts
Peru
Reg. 2006-12-08

"ASDFGFGBNFGV..."

Last updated: 2012-05-05 10:57am
->->jun should stop making boss songs. Let somebody else (besides TAG) have a turn *looks at Ryu* *.
I have to agree with this. Maybe Sota Fujimori, kors k, or even NAOKI must do one.

->jubeat/REFLEC BEAT should replace IIDX crossovers in DDR. And pop'n, GF/DM crossovers should be done with entirely. (I really wasn't ever a fan of pop'n. To me, It's just looks like a kiddie version of IIDX.)
They should not replace them. IIDX crossovers are always welcome on DDR. Oh! It seems you only care about DDR.

->IIDX & pop'n should be retired now. 20 mixes apiece is more than enough, while DDR has only 13 official AC releases. jubeat should be considered as the successor of BM IIDX, in terms of song choice (IMO, jubeat's song selection is slightly better than IIDX's. [excluding crossovers between the two games])
Again, it seems you only care about DDR. jubeat succesor of IIDX?? First, jubeat is not a DJ simulation game as IIDX and do not have the same game play mode and great background videos. Also you say jubeat song selection is better than IIDX. 5 releases (and 3 append versions) ONLY are NOT rival for 21 releases (including substream and Tricoro). pop'n should be retired? pop'n is a beautiful game. pop'n must not stop.

->Bring back EDIT mode in CS releases
I have to agree with this. But I don't really care about it.

->X3 AC has what I call "TAG oversaturation". Too many TAG songs. The only one I care for is HEART BEAT FORMULA.
I remember when old casual players and fans used to complaint about NAOKI being on every DDR. Now you say don't like to see TAG. TAG has made a great work as sound director since DDR X2. He saved DDR from being a disaster after DDR X (And, SABER WING is best exclusive K.O from DDR X).
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/535_2.png

Post #283 · Posted at 2012-05-05 11:03:17am 11.9 years ago

Offline Silverhawke
Silverhawke Avatar Member+
4,606 Posts
Indonesia
Reg. 2009-01-27

3DS Friend Code: 3496-9710-9426
"highwind fluffdragon"
This thread is called "controversial for a reason"... you know.

Debates should be allowed in here, right?

Just saying that I agree completely to the post above. And adding that EDIT DATA should be connected to the AC releases again, allowing export of edits to be played on AC.
my homepage → silverhawke.xyz

Post #284 · Posted at 2012-05-05 12:57:52pm 11.9 years ago

Offline Maestro Grithok S
Maestro Grithok S Avatar Member
721 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-08-22

I don't necessarily think that jubeat should replace IIDX or DDR, but Konami should definitely think about putting out some arcade ports in the US. The jukebeat app is doing pretty well, and besides, I honestly prefer the jubeat series' songlist taken as a whole to IIDX's.

IIDX is slowly turning into a doujin dump. Yes, REDALiCE was nice once. But if they can't bring Art of Fighters back after Resort Anthem, they shouldn't bring that J-Crap back for tricoro--and don't even get me started on Prim.

TAG is great. I miss seeing new NAOKI stuff (IMO, 1998 was his best, and it's a shame that he isn't making too many songs like that lately). I'm not a fan of dj TAKA, but I really do want to see something new from him. Asaki is bad. Sota Fujimori is bad.

Post #285 · Posted at 2012-05-05 01:27:48pm 11.9 years ago

Offline TheSirius17
TheSirius17 Avatar Member
1,127 Posts
Indonesia
Reg. 2010-05-23

"Keep the frequency clear."
I love Follow Tomorrow (L.E.D.-G STYLE MIX).

I really like L.E.D.

I hate jubeat when it comes to the number of KO. One series should have an equal or almost equal number of songs as IIDX or pop'n.
I'm a DDR player, but never make a AAA.
No, I'm not a IIDX player, but I'm a BMS player.
No, I'm not pnm player, and I haven't play pnm simulator yet.

Post #286 · Posted at 2012-05-05 03:28:03pm 11.9 years ago

Offline Nightime
Nightime Avatar Member
1,116 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-18
MySpace: d34dm34t
"ARR JOO LEADY??"
I would love to see at least 3 songs by DJ TECHNORCH in the next DDR. Super-intense stuff.

Drew Campbell did better before DKC Crew. I wonder if he's being instructed to produce easy stages, rather than challenging or deep ones. I miss the Drew's drum'n'bass.

I think Naoki stopped producing Speed Rave as of HP1 because he became bored of it. It's a shame, because I still don't think we have.
https://i.imgur.com/C2il3tl.png

Post #287 · Posted at 2012-05-05 06:04:37pm 11.9 years ago

Offline giuly-nyah
giuly-nyah Avatar Member
27 Posts
Italy
Reg. 2012-04-22

"no."
Quote: Maestro Grithok S
[...]
IIDX is slowly turning into a doujin dump. Yes, REDALiCE was nice once. But if they can't bring Art of Fighters back after Resort Anthem, they shouldn't bring that J-Crap back for tricoro--and don't even get me started on Prim.[...]

wut. for doujin things.... doesn't exist the BMS? in the last year... in the BMS of Fighters where was a part of the songs based on madoka magica (the anime) (but REDALiCE is great for me. but... prim.... i hate it.)
i wonder when it has begun...

Post #288 · Posted at 2012-05-05 10:19:16pm 11.9 years ago

Offline NEMESetup
NEMESetup Avatar Member
2,026 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-12-30

"Gimme a mothaf----n' break!"
I don't think "F" is all that great of a successor to the "RENAISSANCE" series in IIDX. It just doesn't sound as interesting as A, AA, and Shounen A.

I'm getting tired of the "final" songs of recent IIDX styles to be piano-based songs. Hopefully tricoro can surprise us and do something different.

Something needs to happen to get SLAKE as a regular commission artist for IIDX now. He's better than some of the regular contributors.

Post #289 · Posted at 2012-05-05 10:42:39pm 11.9 years ago

Offline chewi
chewi Avatar Member+
8,537 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2008-02-24

I think the recent addition of doujin music artists into BEMANI is great.

I really really really really really really really really really really LOVE SOUND VOLTEX BOOTH's music.
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/Vibe%20Vibe%20Relaxation/Vibe%20Vibe%20Relaxation.png?1677865262

Post #290 · Posted at 2012-05-05 11:24:31pm 11.9 years ago

Offline Silverhawke
Silverhawke Avatar Member+
4,606 Posts
Indonesia
Reg. 2009-01-27

3DS Friend Code: 3496-9710-9426
"highwind fluffdragon"

Last updated: 2012-05-05 11:27pm
I'd like SDVX's music more if they use less Vocaloid.
my homepage → silverhawke.xyz

Post #291 · Posted at 2012-05-06 12:24:23am 11.9 years ago

Offline Paradox0
Paradox0 Avatar Member
344 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2006-10-08

Guitar Hero/Rock band as concepts are such huge improvements over guitarfreaks/drummania gameplay and concept wise that can they really be considered rip-offs? At this point Guitarfreaks XG is just a lazy rip-off of Guitar Hero

Beatmania IIDX has awesome music but a horrible control set-up. It's why it will NEVER take off in the US.

DJ Hero felt more like DJing than IIDX ever will.

The reason we don't see as many Ultramix/Universe crossovers is because Konami of Japan doesn't like the idea that their American branch actually put more effort and quality into their charts than Konami of Japan had in recent years.

X3 is going to continue to blow. It's only an attempt to cheaply crossover Hottest Party style steps into the arcade and call it new. 2nd Mix mode is just plain pointless, broken and an attempt to waste money on the machine.

Post #292 · Posted at 2012-05-06 12:27:22am 11.9 years ago

Offline XeneSyS 87
XeneSyS 87 Avatar Member
710 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-17

Quote: DDRmaster2007
->->jun should stop making boss songs. Let somebody else (besides TAG) have a turn *looks at Ryu* *.
I have to agree with this. Maybe Sota Fujimori, kors k, or even NAOKI must do one.

->jubeat/REFLEC BEAT should replace IIDX crossovers in DDR. And pop'n, GF/DM crossovers should be done with entirely. (I really wasn't ever a fan of pop'n. To me, It's just looks like a kiddie version of IIDX.)
They should not replace them. IIDX crossovers are always welcome on DDR. Oh! It seems you only care about DDR.

->IIDX & pop'n should be retired now. 20 mixes apiece is more than enough, while DDR has only 13 official AC releases. jubeat should be considered as the successor of BM IIDX, in terms of song choice (IMO, jubeat's song selection is slightly better than IIDX's. [excluding crossovers between the two games])
Again, it seems you only care about DDR. jubeat succesor of IIDX?? First, jubeat is not a DJ simulation game as IIDX and do not have the same game play mode and great background videos. Also you say jubeat song selection is better than IIDX. 5 releases (and 3 append versions) ONLY are NOT rival for 21 releases (including substream and Tricoro). pop'n should be retired? pop'n is a beautiful game. pop'n must not stop.

->Bring back EDIT mode in CS releases
I have to agree with this. But I don't really care about it.

->X3 AC has what I call "TAG oversaturation". Too many TAG songs. The only one I care for is HEART BEAT FORMULA.
I remember when old casual players and fans used to complaint about NAOKI being on every DDR. Now you say don't like to see TAG. TAG has made a great work as sound director since DDR X2. He saved DDR from being a disaster after DDR X (And, SABER WING is best exclusive K.O from DDR X).

I do enjoy SABER WING. I was speaking about TAG songs new to X3.

And I haven't ever played any BEMANI game outside DDR. IIDX does provide great crossovers at times, but to me, they haven't been as good as of late. EXTREME And SN1 crossovers were the best to me. Nowadays, crossovers seem to be lacking, seeing how I enjoy fast, speed rave stuff like RED ZONE. 24th Century Boy would of been a good crossover choice for X3, to me anyway.

Post #293 · Posted at 2012-05-06 12:39:49am 11.9 years ago

721 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-08-22

Quote: giuly-nyah
wut. for doujin things.... doesn't exist the BMS? in the last year... in the BMS of Fighters where was a part of the songs based on madoka magica (the anime) (but REDALiCE is great for me. but... prim.... i hate it.)
Yeah, but IIDX isn't BMS. BMS is to IIDX as Stepmania is to DDR. If people disliked a certain song, you can't quite respond to them by saying "but somebody out there has made a simfile out of it".
I like SVB's music because it's supposed to be an homage to BEMANI. Almost every single song on there is a remix of another BEMANI song. Yeah, there's too much Vocaloid, but it's obvious what it's supposed to be. Bringing SVB-style stuff onto IIDX and attempting to have it taken seriously is the opposite of that.
Not saying I didn't like Express Emotion or Round and Round, it's just that I see where this is going and NO.

Post #294 · Posted at 2012-05-06 01:30:12am 11.9 years ago

Offline Tetradact
Tetradact Avatar Member
189 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2012-01-03

Quote: Maestro Grithok S
Quote: giuly-nyah
Yeah, but IIDX isn't BMS. BMS is to IIDX as Stepmania is to DDR. If people disliked a certain song, you can't quite respond to them by saying "but somebody out there has made a simfile out of it".
I like SVB's music because it's supposed to be an homage to BEMANI. Almost every single song on there is a remix of another BEMANI song. Yeah, there's too much Vocaloid, but it's obvious what it's supposed to be. Bringing SVB-style stuff onto IIDX and attempting to have it taken seriously is the opposite of that.
Not saying I didn't like Express Emotion or Round and Round, it's just that I see where this is going and NO.

Face it, if they do not bring in more outside doujin artists into Beatmania, by the time IIDX 25 comes around, the whole songlist will be standard fare Ryu Happy Hardcore, Yoshitaka Trance Core, LED-G Gabba and what not.

Also, the artists introduced in Tricoro are not small names, they are rather popular. Hell, I'm just waiting for Roughsketch to have a song in Beatmania at this point (I can hope for Neodelic as an ES/OMES right?) .

Post #295 · Posted at 2012-05-06 06:09:50am 11.9 years ago

Offline TheSirius17
1,127 Posts
Indonesia
Reg. 2010-05-23

Quote: Paradox0
X3 is going to continue to blow. It's only an attempt to cheaply crossover Hottest Party style steps into the arcade and call it new. 2nd Mix mode is just plain pointless, broken and an attempt to waste money on the machine.
I agree with these. As some of the songs are shockingly new and fun in terms of charts, X3 brought to much DDR II songs in it. We all know that almost all charts of those songs are understepped, poorly placed and wrongfully rated. However, the songs are quite good, and there are some gems in them. But yeah, X3 should produce more KO rather than porting them.

For the extra stage songs, they are okay so far. I don't know much about UNBELIEVABLE (Sparky remix) because I haven't heard it and see the charts.

And for 2nd Mix mode, it is always welcome for the DDR player, but KONAMI is too focus of their brand new songs right now and leave 2nd Mix untouched. I wonder how many people work for X3 project, because if there are many people, KONAMI can at least group the workers into 2 teams, one team for X3 and the other for 2nd Mix Mode. That way, although it might resulting in a much slower progress, but at least both X3 and 2nd Mix Mode progress together without overshadowing each other.

My controversial opinion is...
For me, IIDX becomes gradually worse (starting from SIRIUS, I believe) in terms of songs. Old IIDX songs have a distinct, unique style of music that created a diversity between songs, all while until today, we still listen to the same monotonous sound.

Post #296 · Posted at 2012-05-06 06:28:48am 11.9 years ago

Offline denjinenmac
denjinenmac Avatar Member
221 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2012-04-02

Game Center Nickname: denjinenmachina
"Ka-n-ko-re"
So far, there isn't much NAOKI songs in DDR lately. One of my favorite NAOKI songs after DDR EXTREME were RED ZONE from SN1 and Poseidon from SN2. However, I am starting to like TAG because of SABER WING, roppongi EVOLVED, POSSESSION and the like. But since he is the new sound director of the DDR series, you should expect more of him in the future. As well as the likes of kors k, Ryu* and L.E.D. (I was surprised the first time I saw NEPHILIM DELTA on X3 as a boss song). As much as I love the regular artists, I want to have more of NAOKI, dj TAKA, SLAKE and TaQ.

For me, I have played DDR almost all of my life and have recently started playing other BEMANI games like pop'n music and jubeat. However, I don't like how you have to be skilled enough to unlock different songs in other BEMANI games. For instance, in order to unlock that song in jubeat, you have to first play IIDX and get a AAA on whatever the conditions are stated for it, or something like that because basically, you are just going to go back and forth into games just to unlock new songs. It drives me crazy like hell.

Third thing I have to say for now, why is it that DDR has a lot of challenging step charts as if you can find this possible to pass if you are a regular ITG player. I mean, watching Faxx Challenge, Pluto Relinquised Challenge, Trigger Challenge, and almost all the other level 18 Challenge step charts seem a bit too difficult for regular DDR players to handle. It's like you're playing Maxx Unlimited's Heavy step charts on drugs. Also, I hate those Challenge step charts with built-in shock arrows (e.g. SABER WING and Horatio) because it looks like the DDR series nowadays is becoming more like Stepmania Arcade Edition. And I hae what I saw in the PS3 version of DDR, wherein the Challenge has an eight-way direction (first time I played Private Eye on Challenge, I had no idea on where those Diagonal arrows came from nor where to go when I see one. It adds confusion to my DDR game style.)

Post #297 · Posted at 2012-05-06 06:36:47am 11.9 years ago

Offline TheSirius17
1,127 Posts
Indonesia
Reg. 2010-05-23

Quote: denjinenmac
One of my favorite NAOKI songs after DDR EXTREME were RED ZONE from SN1
NAOKI only provides guitar fro RED ZONE. The rest is Tatsh.

Post #298 · Posted at 2012-05-06 06:41:12am 11.9 years ago

Offline denjinenmac
221 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2012-04-02

"Ka-n-ko-re"
Quote: TheSirius17
Quote: denjinenmac
One of my favorite NAOKI songs after DDR EXTREME were RED ZONE from SN1
NAOKI only provides guitar fro RED ZONE. The rest is Tatsh.

But still a good Rave song because it has the NAOKI feel in it.

Post #299 · Posted at 2012-05-06 07:48:17am 11.9 years ago

721 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-08-22

Quote: Paradox0
X3 is definitely the "let's get all this HP shit out of our system so we can make good steps and not miss anything" AC release, IMO.

Quote: Tetradict
Face it, if they do not bring in more outside doujin artists into Beatmania, by the time IIDX 25 comes around, the whole songlist will be standard fare Ryu Happy Hardcore, Yoshitaka Trance Core, LED-G Gabba and what not.
...That's a problem? Take any given BEMANI game save SVB. You have your Ryu happy hardcore, your Yoshitaka trancecore, your L.E.D-G gabba, your wac, your seiya, your TOMOSUKE, your Tatsh. It's served BEMANI well for years, and we've never complained about it because it's always been fresh, to a certain degree. (Except for Yoshitaka.) What I'm saying is that bringing in doujin artists seems like it would/should be a last-ditch effort to save the dying music genre, and, last I looked everything was still going fine with BEMANI.

Ah, well. Guess that's what jubeat is for, then?

Post #300 · Posted at 2012-05-06 08:05:32am 11.9 years ago

Offline denjinenmac
221 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2012-04-02

"Ka-n-ko-re"
I fell asleep after the release of IIDX SIRIUS and woke up to see that there were new games like jubeat, REFLEC BEAT and SVB and I was like "What the hell is this? How do I even play this game?"
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-29 13:03:08
This page took 0.017 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: german
Reset Theme & Language