service menu help for ITG

Sujet verrouillé Retour aux forums

Post #1 · Posté à 2011-11-24 06:09:59pm il y a 12.3 années

Offline meganrgman
meganrgman Avatar Member
85 Messages
Australia
Reg. 2011-09-22

I have just bought a ITG upgrade and have hit a brick wall.

As my DDR cab is a Korean I cant use that monitor...oh well I thought i will just plug in a LCD and it will be cool. How wrong was i?!?

I have everything running fine except i cant get a display. Is there any way of changing the display settings in the Service menu? And if so is there anyone able to assist with screen shots or directions? I dont know how to do this blind.

I have spent a while searching for Service menu lists, directions but I cant seem to find anything.

thanks in advance guys

Post #2 · Posté à 2011-11-24 06:27:49pm il y a 12.3 années

Offline AeronPeryton
AeronPeryton Avatar Member+
4,338 Messages
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."

Last updated: 2011-11-24 06:29pm
The only thing I can think of is that you're using a really old Analog machine and the monitor frequency is so low that it's not compatible with the ITG kit.

If that's the case then the service menu won't help you, you'd have to buy a piece of hardware that steps down the VGA signal from the kit to something that old monitor likes. That, or buy a newer monitor that supports higher frequency ranges.

There's also no reason why the LCD wouldn't work... unless there's a problem with the kit.

Post #3 · Posté à 2011-11-24 06:31:22pm il y a 12.3 années

Offline meganrgman
meganrgman Avatar Member
85 Messages
Australia
Reg. 2011-09-22

Quote: AeronPeryton
The only thing I can think of is that you're using a really old Analog machine and the monitor frequency is so low that it's not compatible with the ITG kit.

If that's the case then the service menu won't help you, you'd have to buy a piece of hardware that steps down the VGA signal from the kit to something that old monitor likes. That, or buy a newer monitor that supports higher frequency ranges.

The LCD TV we are using is about 3 days old and we have tried about 6 different. Apparently the ITG is running at 15K and the LCD monitor needs 31K. I am not super technical in this matter.

Post #4 · Posté à 2011-11-24 06:33:03pm il y a 12.3 années

Offline AeronPeryton
4,338 Messages
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
If that's the case, then even the oldest DDR monitor should work. Does the monitor work with the DDR kit?

Post #5 · Posté à 2011-11-24 06:38:17pm il y a 12.3 années

Offline meganrgman
meganrgman Avatar Member
85 Messages
Australia
Reg. 2011-09-22

If that's the case, then even the oldest DDR monitor should work. Does the monitor work with the DDR kit?
Because its a Korean DDR Cab the monitor needs an "Isolator switch"

The arcade distributor will sell one however charge $90 per hour plus travel time to install it, could cost more than $400. He said that ITG will run if the PCB is running in 31k Frequency but I dont know how to change this

Post #6 · Posté à 2011-11-24 06:48:58pm il y a 12.3 années

Offline AeronPeryton
4,338 Messages
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
Correct me if I'm wrong but an isolator switch is used to safety a device after power has been cut to it... why would you need that to change the frequency of the monitor signal?

Korea and Australia use the exact same grade of power, the only thing troubling you seems to be the frequency that the monitor operates at. There are devices that will take the signal coming out of the kit and turn it into a lower-grade signal that the old monitor can understand. It's not perfect, but it gets the job done. Alternatively, you replace the already very old monitor with something newer that works at higher frequencies.

Post #7 · Posté à 2011-11-24 06:58:50pm il y a 12.3 années

Offline meganrgman
meganrgman Avatar Member
85 Messages
Australia
Reg. 2011-09-22

Correct me if I'm wrong but an isolator switch is used to safety a device after power has been cut to it... why would you need that to change the frequency of the monitor signal?

Korea and Australia use the exact same grade of power, the only thing troubling you seems to be the frequency that the monitor operates at. There are devices that will take the signal coming out of the kit and turn it into a lower-grade signal that the old monitor can understand. It's not perfect, but it gets the job done. Alternatively, you replace the already very old monitor with something newer that works at higher frequencies.

What I understand so far is...

The Konami 573 runs and gets its power from the Jamma, all other cords running into the PCB control the lights. Because the ITG PCB has its own power source, the monitor is getting to much power sent to it, sowhen the monitor is pluged in the whole machine shorts and our circuit breaker triggers. i dont want to be doing that again

The ITG upgrade kit is designed to run in Japanese and US cabs, sadly the Korean is wired very differently.

Post #8 · Posté à 2011-11-25 04:47:53am il y a 12.3 années

Offline AeronPeryton
4,338 Messages
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
Odd that the BoXoR isn't smart enough to regulate power since it's providing it...

Post #9 · Posté à 2011-11-25 05:10:51am il y a 12.3 années

Offline 8ftmetalhead
8ftmetalhead Avatar Member
422 Messages
New Zealand
Reg. 2010-08-17

"Oh god what I have dooooone?!"
It's an isolation transformer that needs to be installed on the monitor board.

Quoting the manual;
Part 1: Verify that an Isolation Transformer is Present in the Monitor Chassis
1. Determine the voltage standard in
your area. If it is 115v-120v
(generally the US), proceed to the
next step. If it is 220v-240v
(generally Europe and Asia),
proceed to Part 2 and skip this
section.
2. Remove the 4 screws holding the
metal panel in place. Remove the
panel and set it aside.
3. Locate the isolation transformer. It
is usually to the left of the tube and
across from high voltage. Refer to
Figure 2. If the isolation transformer
is present, proceed to Part 2.
4. If there is no isolation transformer,
one must be installed before
proceeding.

As for why an LCD doesn't work, it should, though I'm not sure how to set it to output 31khz.

Have an ask over on aaronin.jp in the technical forum, they'll know more than me in this regard.

Post #10 · Posté à 2011-11-25 11:37:56am il y a 12.3 années

Offline meganrgman
meganrgman Avatar Member
85 Messages
Australia
Reg. 2011-09-22

Because it's a Korean cab I don't have the isolator.

That's why we tried the LCD, plasma, CRT monitor and LCD tv

To install a new monitor that doesn't need the isolator will be in excess of $900
To install te isolator on an old monitor it will be in excess of $500

Not sure what we will do...

Post #11 · Posté à 2011-11-26 09:04:35am il y a 12.3 années

Offline 8ftmetalhead
8ftmetalhead Avatar Member
422 Messages
New Zealand
Reg. 2010-08-17

"Oh god what I have dooooone?!"
http://aaronin.jp/boards/viewforum.php?f=17

just ask there, they'll know how to set it to 31khz output. I don't because I haven't ever had to do it. Many people there have worked with cabs with replaced monitors though. So they'll know.

Post #12 · Posté à 2011-11-26 03:31:38pm il y a 12.3 années

Offline meganrgman
meganrgman Avatar Member
85 Messages
Australia
Reg. 2011-09-22

Thanks for that man, a huge help.

We got the machine running with a portable pojector of all things! Eveything is blue and pink but hey it worked. However there is lag beyond belief and when you press the song wheel left or right it thinks you pressed it 5 times. That or it or thinks the button is held in...not sure how this is fixed but at this point untill i get the machine up and running with a monitor i wont worry about it.

Post #13 · Posté à 2011-12-03 12:31:56pm il y a 12.3 années

Offline Wan
Wan Avatar Member
412 Messages
Chile
Reg. 2008-01-13

"I want to change my username =("
Basically you have to mess with the hard drive. Where you find a FILE called "K", rename it to "C".
Reboot, and you should be fine.

Post #14 · Posté à 2011-12-09 04:34:49am il y a 12.3 années

Offline meganrgman
meganrgman Avatar Member
85 Messages
Australia
Reg. 2011-09-22

Ok Sent of the HDD to the suplier and they will do the mods needed for me!

Oh and the " Sticky buttons" issue i had, is a fault in the Amps lightin. I pulled out the Cab lights cord and now perfect sync
Sujet verrouillé Retour aux forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 6% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 23:36:06
Page générée en 0.011 secondes.
Theme: starlight · Language: french
Reset Theme & Language