Logo

Salt Lake/Provo and general Utah thread - Not everybody here is Mormon!

Registrarse Conectarse Regresar A Los Foros

Post #1 · Publicado en 2011-10-30 06:28:25am Hace 12.4 años

Offline meerkat
meerkat Avatar Member
4 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2011-09-06

Last updated: 2011-09-07 04:49am
I decided to change the name of this thread. Rather than focus on one location, I decided to just open it up to Salt Lake/Provo discussion.

A common misconception is that everybody in this area is Mormon. While some of the players in our community are, not all of us are (I used to be, but definitely don't practice anymore). So we won't bite, and we won't try to convert you.

I hope to update this thread and the machine locations in the coming weeks. We all usually hang out on facebook and don't really visit forums much anymore. Our own forums on beatgamer.com are completely dead. So we're kind of reaching out to other people on various boards who may not even know that we exist.

So yeah. Salt Lake City, Utah, Provo, Utah and surrounding areas thread gogogo.

--- For reference, here's my original post ---
Sandy Nickelcade - Sandy, Utah (10 minutes South of Salt Lake City). IIDX, ITG dedicab.
Well hello. I'm Robby, part of the local Utah music game community on Beatgamer.com. Telling you about the Sandy Nickelcade.

We're very excited because we now have a Beatmania IIDX machine in the state of Utah. It's the first and only machine here. Local player Corey (DJ PIMP) bought this machine from Spork! and we moved it into the arcade a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, the screen was slightly damaged during shipping, but it does not impact normal gameplay.

In addition to the IIDX machine, we also have an andamiro ITG2 dedicab currently running oITG beta 1 with several custom packs of songs (various DDR mixes, DDR Encore, zim, jayce, jo3, and others including packs from local step artists) that we're constantly working on and trying to bring up to date with beta 3, new hardware and more songs.

One more recent addition to the arcade is a machine built by another local player. The machine is called digigroove, and it's basically an oITG b3 machine with a dozen packs, and hand controls (think of a project DIVA type controller). It actually gives your arms quite a bit of a workout, and it's still under development so you can expect frequent updates and changes.

I'll be adding information for other music game locations across the area. But right now, the Sandy Nickelcade is where most of the local community hangs out. If you have any questions, you can contact me here on ziv or via our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/beatgamer.

Last week we attended Anime Banzai and brought a bunch of music games with us. Locally created Digigroove (ITG for your hands based on oITG), IIDX RA, a TV shared between Taiko, Pop'n and Para Para, and 2 Stepmania setups with CF pads. We made a very big impression on everyone there, made a LOT of noise (got some complaints about it) and overall had a fun time.

Here is a link to our photo gallery on facebook with a bunch of pics we took. Mostly of people having fun.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.268733869837559.77233.151191248258489&type=3

wut

Post #2 · Publicado en 2011-10-30 06:57:05am Hace 12.4 años

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
Utah sounds good now.

Post #3 · Publicado en 2012-11-27 07:54:21pm Hace 11.3 años

Offline meerkat
meerkat Avatar Member
4 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2011-09-06

Last updated: 2012-11-27 07:54pm
If anyone is going to be in the Salt Lake area this weekend, we're going to be holding an all night lock-in at the Sandy Nickelcade. Games on freeplay, UMVC3, smash, ITG and omegathon tournaments, foods, drink, a bunch of other console games and at the end of it a mass gathering for breakfast the next morning (assuming people are still awake in the morning).

More info can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/126734400769194/

Just updated the locations. A few new machines have popped up in the valley, but we're waiting on additional info from locals before we post any details. Until then, the best places to smash arrows are the Taylorsville Nickelcade or Sandy Nickelcade. The best (and only) place for IIDX is the Sandy Nickelcade.

We're currently working on an issue with the 2P side of the IIDX machine. Hoping to have that resolved by next month.

We will also be replacing all sensors on the ITG dedicab at the Sandy Nickelcade sometime in mid December. A tech and mod read tournament is scheduled for the 29th and 30th.

Big Grin
wut

Post #4 · Publicado en 2013-08-20 03:53:58pm Hace 10.6 años

Offline Dr.D
Dr.D Avatar Member
1,451 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2008-03-01

Hey guys, how's the community there?

I am not planning on visiting, at least anytime soon. However, a DDR player and friend of mine is moving to Utah to study. He is known as 513 and originally from Taiwan. He speaks mandarin but knows a good amount of English as well. He hasn't told me the exact school or city he will move to yet so I'll figure that out later.

Anyways, he's kinda been out of playing for a while but was considered by many one of the best DDR players in asia. He was in the military for the past year so kinda stopped him from playing. Now he doesn't know if he will play again or not. I talked with him and told him about ITG and he seemed interested to give it a shot. He likes other bemani games too like GM, sound voltex, maybe some others. I told him I'd try to contact some people in Utah to see if anyone would like to hang out, show him around, etc. If you are in the Utah area and would like to help me out by helping him out, we'd greatly appreciate it.

Add my DDR 2013 Rival code-1106-3749
Visit my YouTube channel DDR 2013 videos!
DrDvids

http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/2647.png?t=1235917793

Post #5 · Publicado en 2021-05-07 03:42:29am Hace 2.8 años

Offline xenon756
xenon756 Avatar Member
1 Post
United States
Reg. 2021-03-17

Not sure if anyone will check this thread considering how old is,but I've been going to Round 1 in Sandy pretty often. I'm usually there every other weekend if not every weekend playing Wacca. I've never been to Nickelcade considering Round 1 seems to have more. If anyone else is a regular let me know!
Registrarse Conectarse Regresar A Los Foros

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 8% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 23:13:28
Esta página tomó 0.004 segundos en ejecutarse.
Theme: starlight · Language: spanish
Reset Theme & Language