Post #121 · Posted at 2011-12-10 07:52:56am 12.3 years ago

Offline Spirit of Nightmare
Spirit of Nightmare Avatar Member
2,719 帖子
Sweden
Reg. 2007-12-19

"Focul tău nu ne mai încălzește"
Quote: NuVirus
@TaroNuke 3.9 doesn't support rolls, and as I said before, 5.0 has problems with keeping up with simfile updates done outside of 5.0, and in this disorganization of th TIG Community, finding a Mac-compatible OpenITG program is pretty much impossible to find.

Have you tried 3.95? it should support both rolls and negative BPM's.
Quote: Quickman
hot diggity shit nightmare you cheeky bastard

Post #122 · Posted at 2011-12-11 03:45:35am 12.3 years ago

Offline NuVirus
NuVirus Avatar Member
694 帖子
United States
Reg. 2011-10-10

Where could I find that? And, it has to be for a MAC.
"I never really got better, I just learned to accept that some people aren't meant to be happy in this world. It makes it easier when you're not hoping for something that will never come." -IndependentThinker2

Post #123 · Posted at 2011-12-11 04:15:31am 12.3 years ago

2,719 帖子
Sweden
Reg. 2007-12-19

Where could I find that? And, it has to be for a MAC.

Oh... to be honest, I don't recall, but try google it. It SHOULD be able for a mac. I hope...

Post #124 · Posted at 2011-12-19 03:16:29am 12.3 years ago

Offline NuVirus
NuVirus Avatar Member
694 帖子
United States
Reg. 2011-10-10

Got another thing to say:
Medicine EX Singles 9 -> 10
"I never really got better, I just learned to accept that some people aren't meant to be happy in this world. It makes it easier when you're not hoping for something that will never come." -IndependentThinker2

Post #125 · Posted at 2011-12-20 11:46:05pm 12.3 years ago

2,719 帖子
Sweden
Reg. 2007-12-19

Last updated: 2011-12-20 11:46pm
Got another thing to say:
Medicine EX Singles 9 -> 10

Then I assume No Gravity EX singles should be bumped up too. It's harder than Medicine in my opinion. And I also start to think that A Yodeler in Texas Heavy should be a 9 rather than an 8.

Post #126 · Posted at 2011-12-22 07:15:04am 12.3 years ago

Offline NuVirus
NuVirus Avatar Member
694 帖子
United States
Reg. 2011-10-10

I just looked at No Gravity EX Singles. I agree. There's NO WAY a chart with that many 16th note streams should be a 9. It seems a bit easier and more straight forward than Medicine, but it's still faster.

Also, Abaddon EX Singles 12 -> 11 (*cough-should've kept the other chart with the trills-cough*)

Also, looking at Tell Me A Story EX Singles gives me doubts of it being an 11. The second half, especially with the jacks and trills towards the end making things look pretty tough. Sounds more like a 12, doesn't it?

I Can Rock looks a bit much as far as most 12s on ITG go... 12 -> 13

I actually need an OGG Length Patching program myself, but MY problem, is that no such thing exists for a Macintosh (like other ITG-related "anythings"), no matter how many times I've searched. And, it turns out that an .ogg from Mediaconvertor or Media.io doesn't work on ITG2.

Post #127 · Posted at 2011-12-22 08:20:49am 12.3 years ago

Online Silver Spirit
Silver Spirit Avatar Member
6,592 帖子
United States
Reg. 2008-09-14

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2249-7707-55923DS Friend Code: 2578-3309-2697
"i was born at a very young age"
What version of Mac are you running? Because you could probably use Wine or a similar program to run PC programs.

Post #128 · Posted at 2011-12-22 08:33:06am 12.3 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 帖子
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

"I'm honestly pissed off."
@NuVirus: Using the windows ogg patcher through wine is your only option. The original is only available as windows binary, and the open source alternative is little endian only.
Open source alternative:
http://code.google.com/p/itgoggpatch/

silenttype01: Kyzentun is never harsh. He says it how it is.

GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Post #129 · Posted at 2011-12-29 02:08:05pm 12.3 years ago

Offline King of Light
King of Light Avatar Member
377 帖子
United States
Reg. 2007-10-28

Beta version 2.0 is now available for download, here's what was changed since the Beta 1.5 release:

Single:

- Updated expert for 8-Bit Trip
- Updated expert for Colossus
- Updated expert for Crowdpleaser (Drop the Mic Mix)
- Updated expert for Destination (Relapse)
- Updated expert for Dr. Boom-Bombay
- Updated expert for Home Alone
- Updated all difficulties for I Justified
- Updated expert for Land Of The Lost
- Updated hard and expert for Medicine
- Updated expert for Ninja Boy
- Updated expert for Paradise (Draigun)
- Updated expert for Savanna
- Updated expert for Spiral 2005
- Updated expert for Tike Tike Kardi
- Updated expert for Z Reboot

Double:

- Updated expert for 8-Bit Trip
- Updated expert for Destination ~Rapture~
- Updated expert for Faster Than
- Updated all difficulties for I Justified
- Updated expert for Land Of The Lost
- Updated hard for Medicine
- Updated expert for Stupid Smile
- Updated expert for The Man With The Tuxedo
- Updated hard and expert for tsugihagi Construction
- Updated expert for Z Reboot

Re-ratings:

- Abaddon single expert: 12 -> 11
- Colossus single hard: 7 -> 8
- Destination ~Rapture~ single and double expert: 14 -> 15
- Faster Than double expert: 12 -> 13
- Rock Robotic double expert: 11 -> 10
- Stupid Smile double expert: 11 -> 12
- tsugihagi Construction double expert: 13 -> 12

Sync:

- 120 Red (audio and SM file)
- Abaddon (audio and SM file)
- Colossus (audio and SM file)
- Crowdpleaser -Drop the Mic Mix- (audio and SM file)
- Death From Above (audio and SM file)
- Dr. Boom-Bombay (audio and SM file)
- Dynamo (audio and SM file)
- Elder God Shrine (offset)
- Faster Than (BPM values in SM file)
- Force Feedback (audio and SM file)
- I Can Rock (SM file)
- Jets'n'Guns (audio and SM file)
- Land Of The Lost (audio and SM file)
- Lo-Fi-Hi-Fi (audio and SM file)
- Marrakech (audio and SM file)
- Medicine (audio and SM file)
- Queen's Tragedy (audio and SM file)
- Savanna (audio file)
- Shamrock Shebang (audio and SM file)
- Sleep Tight (audio and SM file)
- So Alive (audio and SM file)
- Spiral 2005 (audio and SM file)
- Style on my Speed Dial (audio and SM file)
- Sweat Shop (audio and SM file)
- The Great Bouzouki (audio and SM file)
- Tike Tike Kardi (audio and SM file)
- tsugihagi Construction (audio and SM file)
- Venetian Spirit (audio and SM file)
- Walking Down Waterfalls (SM file)

Misc:

- Put the correct Rebirth 2 banner in the Effects subfolder of Z Reboot
- Updated ogg file and preview music clip for Paradise (Draigun)
- Updated ogg file and preview music clip for Elder God Shrine
- Updated preview music clip for Savanna
- Updated volume level for the following songs: Disconnected Exodus, Disconnected HK Retro Mix, Elder God Shrine, Medicine, Move It Groove It, Sleep Tight, Spiral 2005, Tike Tike Kardi, and Vae Victis (Woe To The Vanquished)

All songs now have a banner and background

Download Beta version 2.0 here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2XDL9BO4

As an added bonus, here is one survival and one marathon that we've been working on.

Slower Than Slow:

1) Cloud Nine and a Half (H/X)
2) Passionate Embrace (H/X)
3) Nihilism 2009 (H/X)
4) Chronon (H/X)

Three Of A Kind:

1) Hot Air Balloon (M)
2) Stupid Smile (M)
3) Home Alone (H)
4) Team Rocket (H)
5) Style on my Speed Dial (H)

Download these two courses and their banners here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NZVA7G1Q

We've also been working on some Couple charts. These are not finalized, they will be re-structured so they will work with a noteskin made specifically for Couple charts, but these are the songs that have charts so far:

- Colossus
- Elder God Shrine
- Kitty Cat
- Land Of The Lost
- London Bridge
- Mermaid Forest
- Move It Groove It
- Ninja Boy
- No Gravity
- Paradise (Smiley)

You can download our Couple charts here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3ATB7RIF
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/KingofLight.png

Post #130 · Posted at 2011-12-29 03:31:42pm 12.3 years ago

Offline aeubanks
aeubanks Avatar Member
356 帖子
United States
Reg. 2010-12-25

Darn it, Land of the Lost still isn't good.

Post #131 · Posted at 2011-12-29 04:15:36pm 12.3 years ago

Offline King of Light
377 帖子
United States
Reg. 2007-10-28

Quote: aeubanks
Darn it, I still don't like Land of the Lost.

Fixed

It's a mine technique chart, I guess I could see why people don't like it. It happens to be my favorite SX in the project, so.....*shrug*

Post #132 · Posted at 2011-12-30 04:32:57pm 12.3 years ago

Offline NuVirus
NuVirus Avatar Member
694 帖子
United States
Reg. 2011-10-10

Last updated: 2012-02-06 06:53pm
I appreciate the updates, however, I'm still not satisfied with some of the SX ratings the way they are.

P.S. I don't use Wine, or any of that stuff.

Post #133 · Posted at 2012-01-11 06:17:16am 12.2 years ago

2,719 帖子
Sweden
Reg. 2007-12-19

Last updated: 2012-01-11 06:21am
Some comments I've thought about some of the updated charts:

Destination (Relapse): Woa-hoa! What I've noticed about the death run is that now the arrows fly all over the pad even MORE than before! Some of the crosses might have been easier, but the candlesteps outweigh the difficulty, and not in a good way.

Dr. Boom-Bombay: Okay... I still see those awkward footswitches during the chorus, I guess this song is meant to be a foot-switch trick chart? Not so good either way.

I Justified: As stated by someone from Rebirth forums, this song feels more like a high-end 10. Even now, with the chart updated.

Medicine: Suddenly this has become more draining! If this isn't a 10, it's definitely a high-end 9.

Tike Tike Kardi: Once again... I'm not really sure I like those 24th/48th notes during the bagpipe sections... even with a high speedmod they can be a pain to get a good FA on.

Z Reboot: I'm still having problems with the 2nd negative section with mines exploding (the 3rd and the 18th mine, both on the down arrow to be exact), and this has become problematic even when playing on the arcade.

Also I wonder about a thing with Disconnected HK (Retro Mix): During bar 60 there's a small section where there's a 16th note ending in a jump-jack on left-right. Is this intended or a mistake? Since this jumpjack feels a bit too standalone.

Post #134 · Posted at 2012-01-11 08:56:54am 12.2 years ago

Offline NuVirus
NuVirus Avatar Member
694 帖子
United States
Reg. 2011-10-10

Last updated: 2012-02-06 06:51pm
Finally, some understands what I was trying to say. THX for agreeing here. I didn't really pay attention to the first two, but I'm pretty much all for lowering I Justified to a 10. And, Medicine is definitely more of a 10. The same should go for No Gravity. As for Z Reboot, I don't really look at it to begin with, despite being interested in doing so. I don't have a Stepmania version that integrates the advantages I find in each version (3.9, 4.0, and 5.0) into one. I can't use 4.0 because of the inability to use caps lock, or correctly register warps, and negative BPMs. I can't use 3.9 due to the lack of rolls. And, there's currently a discussion going on about a problem in 5.0 regarding the introduction of .ssc files into the StepMania series. Ergo, I am unable to find a Stepmania version where I can do ALL of the following:
1. Use caps lock when editing simfiles.
2. Correctly play simfiles that have negative BPMs, warps, and/or rolls.
3. Keep simfiles in my own personal songpack project updated correctly.

EDIT: I found the original 3.95 source, and redownloaded it. It's fine now. I found it on a Forum made by someone who "claimed" that following the instructions would've given one an OpenITG from 3.95. Turns out, those were just instructions to getting Stepmania to be like ITG2 Arcade.

StepMania 3.95 just crashed on me when I selected to play Z -Reboot-.

Post #135 · Posted at 2012-01-11 10:59:45am 12.2 years ago

Offline King of Light
377 帖子
United States
Reg. 2007-10-28

Quote: Spirit of Nightmare
Some comments I've thought about some of the updated charts:

Destination (Relapse): Woa-hoa! What I've noticed about the death run is that now the arrows fly all over the pad even MORE than before! Some of the crosses might have been easier, but the candlesteps outweigh the difficulty, and not in a good way.

I think all the candles before the run fit the song pretty well, I can't see it being the changed.

Dr. Boom-Bombay: Okay... I still see those awkward footswitches during the chorus, I guess this song is meant to be a foot-switch trick chart? Not so good either way.

I think this is an extremely solid and technical 9, which are very far and few between nowadays. Definitely not your average 9 chart.

I Justified: As stated by someone from Rebirth forums, this song feels more like a high-end 10. Even now, with the chart updated.

I haven't played this in a while, but I do remember it being really easy for an 11.

Medicine: Suddenly this has become more draining! If this isn't a 10, it's definitely a high-end 9.

I'm still leaning toward high-end 9 because the BPM is pretty slow.

Tike Tike Kardi: Once again... I'm not really sure I like those 24th/48th notes during the bagpipe sections... even with a high speedmod they can be a pain to get a good FA on.

Hehe, that's the point, it's meant to be challenging to FA (and it's exactly following the music).

Z Reboot: I'm still having problems with the 2nd negative section with mines exploding (the 3rd and the 18th mine, both on the down arrow to be exact), and this has become problematic even when playing on the arcade.

Hmmmmm, don't why that's happening. I've played it on an ITG machine many times and never had a problem.

Also I wonder about a thing with Disconnected HK (Retro Mix): During bar 60 there's a small section where there's a 16th note ending in a jump-jack on left-right. Is this intended or a mistake? Since this jumpjack feels a bit too standalone.

Every jump appears to be following that vocal sample in the music, and it happened to come right after a 16th note. I'm fairly indifferent towards it, but if enough people dislike it I'd be willing to change it.

Post #136 · Posted at 2012-01-11 07:20:36pm 12.2 years ago

Offline NuVirus
NuVirus Avatar Member
694 帖子
United States
Reg. 2011-10-10

The jump-jack he's talking about kind does fit with the music, but I do agree about how standalone, and probably unbalanced at that, it seems. If anything, if it's not going to be removed, at least add an 8th note, to make it a "Tell" jump.

Post #137 · Posted at 2012-01-15 04:04:29am 12.2 years ago

2,719 帖子
Sweden
Reg. 2007-12-19

Quote: King of Light

Hmmmmm, don't why that's happening. I've played it on an ITG machine many times and never had a problem.

Oh wait... nevermind. I discovered the reason why. The explanation would be if you hit the down arrow a micro-second (or so) to late, and boom. It shouldn't be a problem should I step on it a little earlier.

Post #138 · Posted at 2012-02-06 01:57:08am 12.2 years ago

Offline NuVirus
NuVirus Avatar Member
694 帖子
United States
Reg. 2011-10-10

Last updated: 2012-02-06 06:49pm
Quote: King of Light

Oh wait... nevermind. I discovered the reason why. The explanation would be if you hit the down arrow a micro-second (or so) to late, and boom. It shouldn't be a problem should I step on it a little earlier.

BTW, I have confirmed that despite the problems with SM5, due to the extraneous introduction of .ssc files, it's most likely the only version of Stepmania I have (out of all four versions I downloaded) that can read Z -Reboot- correctly.

Post #139 · Posted at 2012-02-06 02:35:43am 12.2 years ago

2,719 帖子
Sweden
Reg. 2007-12-19

This was probably stated before, but Force Feedback SX should be reverted to it's original 12 rating. In order for it to truly be a 13, you'd need the rest of the chart to be MUCH tougher than it is now.

This. So much This. There are too many 13's that should be 12s. Force Feedback being one, Phoning to Mercury another. These two are easier than say, I Can Rock and/or Disconnected Apotheosis.

Post #140 · Posted at 2012-02-06 04:11:23am 12.2 years ago

Offline grota
grota Avatar Member
2 帖子
Not Set
Reg. 2012-02-06

Hello, is there a link to download rebirth 2 that is not from megaupload? That could be great.
註冊賬號 登錄 Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-16 21:21:26
This page took 0.017 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: chinesetraditional
Reset Theme & Language