Post #41 · Posted at 2012-03-23 07:32:14pm 12 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."

Last updated: 2012-03-23 07:32pm
The ability to play whatever the hell you want is just a miracle.

Anyway, I figure this should go back to talking about older players.
So I'll fly away.

Post #42 · Posted at 2012-03-23 08:29:28pm 12 years ago

Offline seishinbyou
seishinbyou Avatar Member
617 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2010-07-08

Game Center Nickname: aijbot
"Wow, 4 types of corn!"
Um, I'm not going to fuel any fires here, but I'm 35, will be 36 in less than a half a year, and played DDR since the beginning in 1998. I can still PFC 15s and 16s but that is about my limit. I also play the other music games, particularly Jubeat and Reflec Beat (to a lesser degree)

Akudaikan (friend of mine) is in his mid 40s and still plays (can MFC some songs on light) as well as do kind-of-well (AA grade) on the easier Expert songs. Some of his friends are in their mid 50s and still play a bit, too.
http://aaronin.jp/shashin/konmainewbanner.jpg

Post #43 · Posted at 2012-03-23 11:14:40pm 12 years ago

Offline Lord Toon
Lord Toon Avatar Member
1,613 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-11-14

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2326-5874-6891Origin: LordToon_LTI
"lordtoon.com"
Quote: CoreyBlaze
DDR ultimately failed in America because of the inability of Konami/Betson to put a (literally) playable product in arcades, not because it lacked the OMG AWESOME features that only Stepmania players seem to care so much about (well, arcades dying is a pretty big factor too). I don't know why, but ITG-Customs players hate to admit that they are nothing more than glorified stepmania players who can't even play double. Seriously, for being such a "hardcore bunch" it's rather sad to see them claim that "the whole game is done" (the actual ITG official songs) yet Double is almost completely ignored. That's why not even re-branding the game as PIU didn't do any good for the franchise. Sure, PIU is hardcore, but it's DOUBLE hardcore, not "single-hardcore-crossovers-suck".
THANK YOU! Finally, someone who "gets" it!//

I got to the point a while back where I now play DDR/ITG/PIU for the sheer fun and knowing how to play it factor, not for getting perfect scores or 100% completions. But then again, That's just me...//

Post #44 · Posted at 2012-03-24 02:46:04am 12 years ago

Offline Ryu_Hirakashi
Ryu_Hirakashi Avatar Member
83 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-02-27

This whole discussion makes sense. It's a part of of why there aren't more long term, and older players as well. We had a guy at 8 on the break who was in his mid 40s, and still had some awesome freestyle routines. Back when I was going to the break in jersey, we had people of different age groups coming together on a regular basis.

It wasn't all all about the kids in school, but getting everyone together regardless of age to come out to enjoy arcade gaming at its best. People have lost that sense of community since the arcades started dying. I love playing stuff on Xbox live just as much as the next person, but nothing beats playing with people in the same room as you.

Post #45 · Posted at 2012-03-27 10:12:55pm 12 years ago

Offline boomba
boomba Avatar Member
11,698 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2008-01-19

"~ The evolution has begun ! ~"
well, pushing your body to your limit isn't good as you're getting older.

but yeah... DDR is addicted.

I can't hold myself from playing DDR.

it's my 12th year now.

Post #46 · Posted at 2012-03-28 04:52:29am 12 years ago

Offline Ryu_Hirakashi
Ryu_Hirakashi Avatar Member
83 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-02-27

Quote: boomba
well, pushing your body to your limit isn't good as you're getting older.

but yeah... DDR is addicted.

I can't hold myself from playing DDR.

it's my 12th year now.

There are 50 year-olds that can ran faster than me, but that is because they kept training over the years. The human body was meant to pushed. Dancing games allow that for has long as we are able to do so. Prolonged training over the years makes us far stronger than if we just did something once in a while.

Let everyone else be normal. I'm not and I'm more than happy with that.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 14:37:34
This page took 0.009 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishus
Reset Theme & Language