Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2009-04-24 08:52:42am 14.9 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

"I'm honestly pissed off."
For lack of a more age appropriate word, I'm just going to call it Sitting Down.

I was at my friend's house, and he was playing GH there, and he was pretty good, except that he couldn't play a song without Sitting.

I think using speed mods does make the game easier, and adds a necessity for heightened reflexes, although you could just go the long way and memorize a song to freak people out by playing that song on invisible. I personally won't use them unless it's impossible to read the notes otherwise.

But the need for Sitting is like a trashy romance novel telling itself that it teaches sound virtues. I mean, SURE, you CAN say you're capable of beating a level 6 demon, but where's the pride in that if you can't do it without Sitting Down?

YES, I do know that people who CAN beat demons without Sitting prefer to sit anyway. YES, I'll acknowledge than even if I sit, I can't do more than an 4, and that's pushing it. But I could beat 4s WITHOUT Sitting Down (some of them).

I bring this up because although the friend I mentioned was nice, the two other friends with spiky hair and white sweaters made fun of me for playing level 2s and 3s standing, even though they could hardly beat Symphony of Destruction while Sitting.

I apologize if there was a past post, but I never read it, never saw it, and it'd obviously be past the 6 month point since it's not even in the first post.
silenttype01: Kyzentun is never harsh. He says it how it is.

GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Post #2 · Posted at 2009-04-24 08:55:08am 14.9 years ago

Offline Pie-kun
Pie-kun Avatar Member+
6,172 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-03-25

"On ZiV I'm like Princess Diana"
Sitting down is nice, but I don't sit down too long because it can make your legs atrophy. They make you sit down at school though except for in P.E..

Post #3 · Posted at 2009-04-24 08:57:57am 14.9 years ago

Offline Silver Spirit
Silver Spirit Avatar Member
6,580 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-09-14

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2249-7707-55923DS Friend Code: 2578-3309-2697
"i was born at a very young age"
oh hai there RTCB

Post #4 · Posted at 2009-04-24 09:03:25am 14.9 years ago

Offline Bolt-Edge
Bolt-Edge Avatar Member
2,361 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-06-03

"No."
I'm really tired of seeing these dumb threads on every single guitar hero forum. These arguments have been beaten to death for months. Seriously, it's really stupid.

Ugh.
A̷̴̷͎̣̪̯̰̺͕͕̦͙̙̥͚̤͔̺̰ͭ̃ͯ͆̋ͨͧͩ̏̓̓ͨͤͨ̈ͫ͗̎͢ͅw̷̳̯̠̥ͦ̇̽̀̀ͩͯ͆̈̎̾͛̏͒͑ͩ̑͑͡ͅa̵̯̤̗͈̞̱͎͔͕͖͈̤͎͓͍̝͈̍͌̆ͨͤ̏͆͛̕͢ͅk̸̢͇̫̳̖̥̣̜̤̟̫͓̝̙̰̮ͪ͗̔ͣͧͩ͊̅̒̏̆͜ͅȩ̵̴̻̻͈͇̣͎͈͈͖̮̪͎̻͉̀ͣͭ̔ͮͭ̈́̎͑̽͌ͯͮ̑̉͑̀͘͞n̙͚̫͈̻̰͓͂͆ͣ̉ͬͯͩ͌ͤ̎͗̂̅͊̎ͥ̒́͢͟͠ͅ ̡̄̇̐̏ͦ͑̋͒̍̀ͯ̍̆͌̄̚҉̵͏̣͕̺͈̤̣̱͉̥̗̲̙̟̩̗̪̳̦̹m̵̵̖̭̺̰̭̣ͧ̑̌̔ͩ͡y͋̇̃̎̚͜҉̠͚̺̣̯̟͖̙͉̘̞̥͙̼̯͉̬ͅ ̶̸̬̝̥̦̫̦͓̗͚̈́̆͊̉ͤͤ̿͡C̷̛̣̳͕͔̳̤̬̻̩͍̝͙̹̏̿̔͊ͪ̓̂̎͝ͅḩ̷̤͈͙̫̾ͤ̌ͩ̽͌͑̾ͩ̓̄͢ȋ̵̧̙̲̪̱͓͉̟̾ͬ̊̅ͧ͆̀͟͜l̢͕͚̺̰̘̠̜̼̪̥͔̪̤̫͇̟̏̇̆͛͌ͥͪ̐͋ͨ̈̾͐̑̏͘͘͟d̢̨̙̩̣̞̫̞̖͕͎̄ͦ͂ͪͭ͛̔̿͋̄̔̐̒ͥ̚̕͟͜ ̶̨͓̯̫̹͉͚̬͕̙̦̰͗͌̽ͪ͡ͅͅAͩͤ̍̔ͦ͋͑ͫ̐̓̿̈́ͬͨͭ͏̸͕͈̥̮͇͖̼̝̺̤̩͙̲̙̭̖͡͠ͅn̢̟͔̰̬̦̹͑͑̌͒͑̉́́ḑ̶̵̨̮̘̩̗̘̪̮̬̤̙͖̺̭̖͖͍͈͓̯͑͒̐̍͛ͧ̊̔ͫ̇͟ ̣̻͉͙̯̺̔͋ͣ̾ͤ̌̿̕̕͜ͅȩ̎ͤ̌́ͣ̇̃͋ͨ̀ͩͦ̔̎̿͟͏̡̯̞͎̳͈̘̺͍̯̳̥̳͡m̵̶̨͎̘̗̩̗̩̠̦̮̼͈͖̹̼͇͆̅ͤ̈́̊̊̏ͪ̾̂ͅb̧̧̨͚̞̯̤̻ͥͩ͐̉̾́r̨͚͎̜͓̲̥̤̜̤͙̫ͨͤ̆͋͒̑ͧͯ̎̚͘͜ͅa̴̋̽ͦͨͤ͑ͮ́̚͜͏̯̪̰̞̩͙̳͈̖͎̘̞͇̥͇̫c̴̢̣̝͖̭̬̫̻̩̆̉͂̓ͯ̔̽͑̌͊̌ͦ́͢ę̦͚̜̟̻͕̻̖̰̱̞̱̹̣̪̭̙ͦ̆ͦ͗̾̂ͪ͑̋̎̎̃̄ͬ͗͗̋̀ ̝̯̹̻̩͚̱͚̽̈́͂ͭͮͤ͘t̥͎̫̘̫̫̰͈͔̔̓̅̇̌̑̈́̒ͯ͌͐̎̀̅͑̆́ͅh̡̆̍ͬ̿̈́͊̄̌̃́̄͑̅̏ͤ͏̬̙̦͉̭͈̝͎̩̦͎̮̬̀ę̸̞̼̲̫̯̪͈̉͑͒̏ͭ͊̀̿̚ ̶̨̨̛̣͓̻̰̭̰̮͎̲̦̲͐̑̒ͥͯ̈͌̌̆͛g̛͉̫̼̙̩̤̦̣̖̙̹̮̳̾̿͌̐ͥ̈ͩͫ̚̕͜͡͠lͫ͆̄͋ͥ̂͛̀̚͏̸͕̦̥̗̦̻͇̜͎̹͎̺ͅơ̸̶̢͍͔͖̞͙͚̺̹̩͙̹͉͔ͣ̔ͤ̐ͧ̈̇̂̍ͯ̚ͅr̸̸̛̰̺̩͍̼̪͚̟̱͔̯̈͒̊̀ͭͦ͘y̧ͯ͛͋ͣ̐͆̉̅ͤ͐̂̓͊̕͏̵̪̪̦̩̼̣͔̦̪͎̗͔̮̻̞͖̕ ̡͉̺̲̘̖̲͚̭̲̜̦̞̪̗̤̹̱̲͚̇̽ͯͤ͜ṯ̹̲̖̦̝̮̲͓̲͉̘͛̓̆̽̇̓̈́̄ͧͨ̋͗͘͞͞ḩ̛̜̺̞̼͙̫͍̭̟̯̳̱̻͖͚͊͋̉ͥ̉ͤ̇ͨ̄̉ͨ̏̃̂ͅͅa̢̞̞̗͔̥̟͉̝̺̼̺̮̓̈ͥͪ͗ͧͭ̓́̀͘ͅt̛̥͉̘̣̳́̔͗͛ͦ̆̾͆͂̋ͧ̈ͥ̋̉͝ ̻̲͔͍̪͚̠̠̣̳̟̱̲̤̥͎͓̲̐̑̾͗̄̉̆̊ͤ̇͌̒ͦͥ̚̚͡͠i̴̛̩͓͖̹̥̹̣̥̼̼̮̠͋̅̆̐̎ͫ̒͊ͦ̏̐͌̈͂̐͌̿̚͞ş̜̗̩͖̻̺͉̜̝̯̟̺̰̭̥̟͖̳̈́̆̋̂ͣ̚͟ͅ ̥͔͔͖̰̙̰̬͕̲̞͓̤̎ͭ̌̎ͩͧͤ͗ͮͯ̾̔̑̈̂͘y͑͒̌ͬ̽̌ͧ͗̄̎͟͏͕̰̫̫͈͚̤̫̙o͆͗̓͐͒̏̀̿ͫ̾̑̈́̓ͧ̚̚҉̷̟̼̮̺̠͕͈͔̣̮̬̥̣͙͙̲̖̹͕͢͡͠u̠̳̱̩͚̩̮̖̩̝̗̫͖̞̲͕̞ͥ̎͑͗ͥ̍ͩͫͤ͑̔̎͑̒ͦ̒́͜͡r̢͈̝͔͎̤̝̻̝͉̻̻͉̰ͬ̍́ͤ͆͑ͩͦ̋ͮ̋̓̅ͬͫ̃̕ ̸̵̶̶̣͍̭̞̪̫͕̞̬̞̙̭̦͚̗͚̏͛̑̎̐͊͛̒̃ͭ̄̄ͬͩ͡b̶̴͎̳̰̫̞͔̰̰̺͉̻̮̲̪̜̏̽͋̓̐͌̋ͬ̊̽͋͋̈̀̓̀̆͜͢͞ͅi̛ͦ̒ͥ̕͜͞҉͓͖̲r̟̺̗̤̘̟̋ͦͪ̾̿͒̇̒̋ͩ̅͒ͮͫ̑͘͠ť̷̴̉̽ͫͩ̏͊ͬ͂͑̅ͥ͐́̅͗҉͏̣͉̦̜͢ͅh̵͎͙̲̰̳̯͖̄̿̉͑̎̾̎͑͗̍͑̾̐͊́ ̫̻͕̳̤͓͔̞̯̈́͌̇̅ͮ̒͛ͣ̀͝r̴̸͈͔͉̤̻̘̱̹̹̺̻͚̙͖͆̐͐ͯͩ͊ͭ̾̌̃̑ͯ̇͠i͎͔̥̬̜̝̝͚̤̪̖͈̙̞ͭͪ̿ͧ͗̀ġ̞̲̮̣̼͍̹̞͔͇̘ͬ̏͛̆ͪ̒̆́̕h̾ͣͤ̃̔ͬ͊̐ͬ̃̋̓ͦ̓͋͌͗̿͏̢̦͔̰̤͍̻̭̬̺̬̥̹͔͍͎ͅṯ̶̢̛̭̻̹͎̝̘̳̞̫̣̝̑̌̊̊͆̒͆̀͘͞

Post #5 · Posted at 2009-04-24 09:04:00am 14.9 years ago

Offline Kynayo
Kynayo Avatar Member
2,756 Posts
Canada
Reg. 2008-01-28

"キナヨ"
On guitar, I can do 4's, and some 5's sitting down (rock band rating system), and 6th list sitting down (guitar hero III rating system).
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/2437_2.png?t=1243791500

Post #6 · Posted at 2009-04-24 09:49:47am 14.9 years ago

Offline beachguy93
beachguy93 Avatar Member
105 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-09-20

Sitting down actually makes me do far worse.... If I try to sit down cuz I'm lazy from standing, I will then subconsciously stand up 30 seconds later lol...I guess it cuz I used to play in gamestop all the time when it first came...however the sit- downer are nothing compared to the evil of the kid who thinks it cool that he can play the guitar behind his head and tricks the nonplayers into thinkng he is some guitar hero god

Post #7 · Posted at 2009-04-24 11:29:29am 14.9 years ago

Offline OMGTourettes
OMGTourettes Avatar Member
30 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-01-01

Lol I don't know if you're being serious or not, because just in case if anybody hasn't noticed, this thread is exactly the same as RTCB's thread on "bar hugging" (right, ShrapnelSound?), except bar raping is replaced with "sitting."
I play the guitar standing up and sitting down, so I can play GH equally as well doing either. It really isn't like it matters anyways.. it's just personal preference.

Post #8 · Posted at 2009-04-24 12:01:29pm 14.9 years ago

Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"
I only play Rock Band. Guitar Hero III and onward can kiss it. :v

Since this thread is here I might as well ask.

Does standing make you a better singer in Rock Band/Guitar Hero? I can never tell since I'm always 5 starring the songs on Expert. What I do is drink a sip of water and gargle a bit before the songs starts and do the same thing after the song ends. Keeps my vocals nice and moist.

Thoughts please. I'd like to know if this is a big issue as a friend of mine doesn't know what to do when he starts playing Rock Band/Guitar Zero on mic.

Post #9 · Posted at 2009-04-24 12:23:11pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

"I'm honestly pissed off."
Quote: silenttype01
I only play Rock Band. Guitar Hero III and onward can kiss it. :v

Since this thread is here I might as well ask.

Does standing make you a better singer in Rock Band/Guitar Hero? I can never tell since I'm always 5 starring the songs on Expert. What I do is drink a sip of water and gargle a bit before the songs starts and do the same thing after the song ends. Keeps my vocals nice and moist.

Thoughts please. I'd like to know if this is a big issue as a friend of mine doesn't know what to do when he starts playing Rock Band/Guitar Zero on mic.
Talk to anybody in any choir, and you find that they always stand straight, because the better posture allows easier air flow and better control over how the air flows. If you're sensitive enough, you can feel it yourself how much of a difference it makes to be standing up straight.
silenttype01: Kyzentun is never harsh. He says it how it is.

GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Post #10 · Posted at 2009-04-24 12:28:11pm 14.9 years ago

Offline DJ OMiY
DJ OMiY Avatar Member
1,768 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-08-22

3DS Friend Code: 184820672999
"Mage Evangelist"
Quote: Kyzentun
Talk to anybody in any choir, and you find that they always stand straight, because the better posture allows easier air flow and better control over how the air flows. If you're sensitive enough, you can feel it yourself how much of a difference it makes to be standing up straight.
This. *chorus geek*
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/PROJECT%20CRYSTALLINE/PROJECT%20CRYSTALLINE.png?1549654414
PROJECT CRYSTALLINE is a thing!

Post #11 · Posted at 2009-04-24 06:09:47pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Daiz
Daiz Avatar Member+
1,465 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-29

3DS Friend Code: 0490-4991-3615
"TAKING IT TO THE PIE"
hahaahahaha I find it funny Guitar Hero has sitting/no sitting debates just as DDR has bar or no bar debates. I wonder what beatmania has.

Post #12 · Posted at 2009-04-24 07:08:36pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Oni-91
Oni-91 Avatar Moderator+
13,489 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-10-20

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3445-5569-17913DS Friend Code: 008736577880
"Ambivalent Viennetta"
SCRATCH WITH YOUR FACE. PINKY IS FOR LOSERS.

Anyway, I always play better standing up, for some undiscernible reason. Now get your ass in here, Wildfireskunk.
ZIv Mod Squad: "I'm a trash panda now, don't worry about it"
Can you make music? ZENIUS -I- MANIA 2023 NEEDS YOU
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvT2ARPaQAAxRVX.jpg:large

Post #13 · Posted at 2009-04-24 09:38:15pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Nightime
Nightime Avatar Member
1,116 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-18
MySpace: d34dm34t
"ARR JOO LEADY??"
Quote: Daiz
hahaahahaha I find it funny Guitar Hero has sitting/no sitting debates just as DDR has bar or no bar debates. I wonder what beatmania has.

1 hand vs. 2 hands. 9.9

Wouldn't be surprised of pop'n music was "hands or feet!"

I sit while guitaring/drumming. But I don't sing. Ever. Thank your deitys for that, too.
https://i.imgur.com/C2il3tl.png

Post #14 · Posted at 2009-05-31 10:22:55am 14.8 years ago

Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"
I am a heron. I have a long neck and I pick fish out of the water with my beak. If you don't repost this comment on 10 other pages I will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans.

Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 08:56:52
This page took 0.013 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language