Crisis Core: FF7

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2008-03-23 04:14:34am 16 years ago

Offline Lefty86
Lefty86 Avatar Member
88 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-09-04

Anyone else getting Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII next week? Or have the Japanese version? I'm a fan of FF7, so it's a must have for me. It will be released in North America on Tuesday, the 25th.

Depending on where you pre-order, you can get a special item. GameStop/EBGames, Game Crazy and Amazon are providing a Shinra UMD case with preorders (limited quantities, looks like Amazon is already sold out). Best Buy is selling preorders with the limited edition foil cover (similar to the Japanese limited edition).

The European release is expected in June and they get a special edition package with their preorders. The preorder package comes in a special slipcase with a hardcover artbook. [Amazon.co.uk]

I don't know if I can wait for the European release though XD
I could have bought the Japanese version when it came out but I wouldn't understand the dialogue, which is important in an RPG.

Post #2 · Posted at 2008-03-23 06:02:04am 16 years ago

Offline PanStyle
PanStyle Avatar Member
1,054 Posts
France
Reg. 2007-07-05

I'm European (French btw) so i didn't have this game yet (and psp). But maybe i will buy it when this came in france Smile

Nice Avi btw... ;)
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/PanStyle.png http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/1336.png?t=1284597568

Post #3 · Posted at 2008-03-23 10:03:12am 16 years ago

Offline killer_roach
killer_roach Avatar Member
300 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-11

I have preordered Crisis Core, hopefully it's not as much of a disappointment as God of War: Chains of Olympus was. Not that GoW wasn't a good game (it was), but a four-hour game with little practical replay value for $40? Pass...
Keep clear... fat man dancing! Seventeen stone and grooving with the best of them Smile

Post #4 · Posted at 2008-03-23 10:24:48am 16 years ago

Offline Lefty86
Lefty86 Avatar Member
88 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-09-04

Quote: PanStyle
I'm European (French btw) so i didn't have this game yet (and psp). But maybe i will buy it when this came in france Smile

Nice Avi btw... ;)

You have a nice avatar too Big Grin
I didn't have enough money to preorder a copy when I went to GameStop last week Dead I had to buy a gift for a relative. I'll see if they still accept preorders on Monday, just to see if I can get the UMD case. Where did you preorder your copy, killer_roach?

Post #5 · Posted at 2008-03-23 11:28:57am 15.9 years ago

Offline killer_roach
300 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-11

I preordered from GameStop, although I haven't gotten a UMD case. Granted, that GameStop is pretty bad about that stuff at times, and they'll probably give it to me with the game (only reason I got the bonus Patapon demo prior to that game's launch was I happened to be in there earlier in the week).
Keep clear... fat man dancing! Seventeen stone and grooving with the best of them Smile

Post #6 · Posted at 2008-03-23 01:28:25pm 15.9 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
Pandemonium X Avatar Member
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Nintendo Network ID: PandemoniumEJPNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2916-7192-8116
I hate to be the bad guy, but I think the game will fail. It's just using the FF7 name for sales, just like Dirge of Cerberus did.Neutral

Post #7 · Posted at 2008-03-23 11:06:25pm 15.9 years ago

Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"

Post #8 · Posted at 2008-03-24 12:26:20am 15.9 years ago

Offline killa5k7
killa5k7 Avatar Member
23 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-08-05

I Just want the strategy guide...thats the big draw for me...considering I don't have a PSP and the game will most likely be cheap when I decide to get one.

Post #9 · Posted at 2008-03-24 11:32:54pm 15.9 years ago

Offline FELMDemon
FELMDemon Avatar Member
1,437 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-12-29

"o_O?"
Quote: Pandemonium X
I hate to be the bad guy, but I think the game will fail. It's just using the FF7 name for sales, just like Dirge of Cerberus did.Neutral

That.

Since Advent Children, I've had nothing but hatred for Cloud and Sephiroth while Dirge of Cerberus killed Vincent in my eyes. Not sure what this game will do Annoyed
The Heavens! The Earth! And a million squirrels call to me! Huh? What...they don't?
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab54/zivrewards/ZIV%20Award%20Committee/FELMDemon.png

Post #10 · Posted at 2008-03-25 01:03:42am 15.9 years ago

Offline killer_roach
300 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-11

It's gotten pretty good reviews, although one that I read said it's not a particularly skill-intensive game. No worries, that's what I have Patapon and Valkyrie Profile Lenneth for, methinks Smile

Post #11 · Posted at 2008-03-25 05:03:19am 15.9 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Nintendo Network ID: PandemoniumEJPNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2916-7192-8116
I think Dirge of Cerberus got good reviews as well before it came out. We have fell for this FF7 trick before, why fall for it again?Neutral

Post #12 · Posted at 2008-03-25 08:23:46am 15.9 years ago

Offline takeshisan
takeshisan Avatar Member
87 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-10-02

Quote: FELMDemon
Quote: Pandemonium X

That.

Since Advent Children, I've had nothing but hatred for Cloud and Sephiroth while Dirge of Cerberus killed Vincent in my eyes. Not sure what this game will do Annoyed

i mean i know its your opinion and your entitled to it but why would you hate cloud and seph. that is like the most awesome fight ever and seph is just the man.
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/ddr_sig.php?userid=1740&generate=1

Post #13 · Posted at 2008-03-25 11:41:07am 15.9 years ago

Offline killer_roach
300 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-11

Pandemonium X: You also realize that it has been out in Japan almost forever now, right?

Post #14 · Posted at 2008-03-26 12:43:38am 15.9 years ago

Offline FELMDemon
FELMDemon Avatar Member
1,437 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-12-29

"o_O?"
I don't think I can hate those two without offending the FF7 fans.

I will say this:

Quote: Someone
And lo, for Spike-Headed Cloud did then reach for his holy Instrument, the Nail Bat, and thus did he Smote his foes into Submission, and from each divine Thrust did he rend their Flesh most Cruelly and Malevolently.

(Not why I hate him but I LOL'ed for a good 10 minutes. XD)

Seph is "the man", especially when a 15 year old boy with an unhealthy obsession with his best friend crushes him and his ridiculously long sword with a Candy cane he picked up from Christmas Town...

At lv 33 with a pair of elixirs and Hi-potions. Tongue

Sure I dislike said boy more than Cloud and Seph and he isn't in FF7 but doing this makes me feel better.

Anyway, don't mind me. One of the (minor) reasons why I dislike them is because I see nothing "awesome" or "cool" about them while millions of people swoon over them like they were the best thing since sliced bread.

Their fight, I admit, was pretty thrilling.
The Heavens! The Earth! And a million squirrels call to me! Huh? What...they don't?
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab54/zivrewards/ZIV%20Award%20Committee/FELMDemon.png

Post #15 · Posted at 2008-03-26 07:24:46am 15.9 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Not THAT long, like a few months.

Post #16 · Posted at 2008-03-29 02:51:30am 15.9 years ago

Offline killer_roach
300 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-11

Long enough for a huge review trail to follow ahead of it, including several American gaming sites that have taken a look at the Japanese version of the game...

(Was too lazy to go over to GameStop to pick up my copy today, will do that tomorrow)

About four hours into the game now...

Combat is relatively simple, very similar to the Tales games, to be honest, although somewhat reliant on luck. The ability system, while confusing at first, is pretty slick once you get the hang of it.

Dear God, there's a lot of cutscenes. I mean, a lot of cutscenes, some of them being quite long. Definitely not a "quick pick up and play" sort of title... you won't be doing much combat the first hour or so.

Storyline is engaging, and plentiful (as the cutscenes would indicate), and there are literally scores of side missions. Plenty of things to do if one were to go that route (which, obviously, I am).

Not 100% sure it's worth running out and getting immediately, but definitely look out for it.

(Yes, I did get the UMD case when I redeemed my pre-order)

Post #17 · Posted at 2008-03-30 07:13:09am 15.9 years ago

Offline Lefty86
Lefty86 Avatar Member
88 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-09-04

I got sick on Sunday night and wasn't able to pre-order the game on Monday. I did buy the game when it was released on Tuesday and have enjoyed the 9 hours I've played so far.

killer_roach pretty much covered all the important aspects of the game but I'll elaborate a bit.

Most of the cutscenes are long and can't be skipped but I like the fact that you can pause the game at anytime, even during a cutscene. So if you have to stop playing for some reason, you can just press Start and come back later. The cutscenes look great and do a good job of conveying the game's story.

The side missions are usually short and can be done in about 5 minutes (or less). So if you don't have much time to play, you can just breeze through one of them. They're also good for leveling up Zack and his abilities (materia/summons).

The graphics and music are really nice as well. The graphics do a good job of pushing the PSP's graphics capabilities and the pre-rendered cutscenes look really nice (similar to Advent Children). The soundtrack is comprised of remixed music from Final Fantasy VII and Before Crisis.

The only thing I don't like so far is the wonky gameplay camera. Sometimes (rarely) it doesn't give the right viewing angle.

For the most part, it's worth buying. Final Fantasy VII fans will enjoy learning more about the backstory of the original game. Like other games though, it's not for everyone. I'm sure most people will like it but there's always someone who won't. Just depends on your tastes in video games.

Post #18 · Posted at 2008-03-30 09:27:44am 15.9 years ago

Offline killer_roach
300 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-11

Yeah, the camera is an issue... the L/R buttons help a bit, but it's not a full 360 degree camera control like, say, Tales of the World is (which is probably the closest comparison I can think of for Crisis Core).

Materia Fusion is vital to later success in the game... was able to get the "-aga" spells rather quickly, and allowed me to breeze through a lot of the missions (to the point where the main storyline is pretty easy anymore). The missions do also allow you to get access to some rather impressive materia as well, like the Hell elemental spells (Hell Thundaga is great crowd control, hehe).

One gripe... some of the later side missions heavily involve creatures that have spells/abilities that can impart Death, which just isn't fun at all. (No way to prevent it as of yet... haven't been able to find a Materia Fusion that creates Death so I can combine it with Status Ward)

Post #19 · Posted at 2008-03-31 12:26:36am 15.9 years ago

Offline AnxD
AnxD Avatar Member
1,217 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-01-01

"Ready!?"
I heard this game was crap. Oh yeah, from the original FF7, that game was crap.

Btw, I played it, it was bad.

Post #20 · Posted at 2008-03-31 01:28:03am 15.9 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Quote: AnChanXD
I heard this game was crap. Oh yeah, from the original FF7, that game was crap.

Btw, I played it, it was bad.
FF7 is easy one of the most over rated games ever. It's still good but it's not THAT good. I think FF9 is the best on the PS1. I've never played any Final Fantasy on PS2.
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 10:36:03
This page took 0.014 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language