3DS Friend Code: 3883-6167-9470
"Blessings of the Northern Sea"
http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/E3-11.png

Links to watch:
http://www.twitch.tv/event/e3
https://www.youtube.com/e3?feature=int-yo-e3
http://www.giantbomb.com/
http://www.ign.com/events/e3

The most wonderful time of the year for gaming is here again, feel free to discuss what looks great, what looks bad, and what is going to break your bank account in the future.
http://i.imgur.com/PXjos7t.gif

Post #2 · Posted at 2015-06-16 03:22:11am 8.8 years ago

Offline midnightclubx
midnightclubx Avatar Member
1,082 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-06

This may be the best E3 in the past decade.
Mother 1 getting an official release outside Japan, FF7 remake confirmed, The Last Guardian getting a release date, Shenmue 3 getting a Kickstarter that's already nearing $1 million as of this very post, the Xbox One getting backwards compatibility for 360 games, being able to play most of Rare's history on the Xbone, and the list goes on and on.... And we haven't even reached Nintendo's conference yet!

Post #3 · Posted at 2015-06-16 03:31:53am 8.8 years ago

Offline PaperSak
PaperSak Avatar Member
1,248 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-09-16

Nintendo Network ID: PaperSak3DS Friend Code: 2363-5848-1224
"Take your hater shades off."
Seems kinda odd/tacky for a large company to advertise a kickstarter for a game and not just fund it. Tongue Shenmue looks marvelous, though, from someone who's never played the original.

Post #4 · Posted at 2015-06-16 03:53:35am 8.8 years ago

Offline midnightclubx
1,082 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-06

Quote: PaperSak
Seems kinda odd/tacky for a large company to advertise a kickstarter for a game and not just fund it. Tongue Shenmue looks marvelous, though, from someone who's never played the original.

If you noticed on the Kickstarter page, Yu Suzuki never once mentioned Sega being involved. This makes me think he bought back the rights to the series or something, and it was awesome for Sony to plug the Kickstarter, where millions of people were watching, to make sure this campaign got as much exposure as it could.

Post #5 · Posted at 2015-06-16 07:09:00am 8.8 years ago

Offline BemaniHyper
BemaniHyper Avatar Member+
1,434 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-09-13

if they don't announce rhythm heaven 3ds for NA im going to be severely disappointed

Post #6 · Posted at 2015-06-16 11:00:38am 8.8 years ago

Online PanStyle
PanStyle Avatar Member
1,054 Posts
France
Reg. 2007-07-05

I still can't believe they finally annonced a remake for Final Fantasy 7. A real remake.

Just, wow.
Also they were rumors the day before this, i through SquareEnix would show some FF15 footage, a new mobile game or something else.

Oh and the Shenmue 3 kickstarter got the 2 millions already.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/PanStyle.png http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/1336.png?t=1284597568

Post #7 · Posted at 2015-06-16 11:51:35am 8.8 years ago

Offline jch02140
jch02140 Avatar Member
1,071 Posts
Hong Kong
Reg. 2007-08-08

Consider that they have FF7 G-Bike for mobile in Japan well over a year, i am certain they have been creating assets for the remake all this time.....and g-bike still updating with regular contents

Post #8 · Posted at 2015-06-16 12:49:56pm 8.8 years ago

Offline Quickman
Quickman Avatar Member+
6,058 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2013-08-17

"five minute white boy challenge"
Xbox One backwards compatibility was something that made me pretty happy.
Quote: Quick Man
Approximately nobody asked for this song to be included. Least popular decision by the Japanese since Nintendo released the Wii U.
https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/DWN012Quick_Man.png

Post #9 · Posted at 2015-06-16 02:23:30pm 8.8 years ago

Offline Highflyer
Highflyer Avatar Member+
146 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2007-01-28

This has been a very solid E3 across the board. I normally meet online with a few of my friends to poke fun at what's happening during E3 every year, and this year hasn't given me much ammunition.

Microsoft was impressively on point:
Recore looks like it could be pretty cool, I am interested to see how it plays at some point.
The Elite Controller looks impressive. Expensive, but impressive nonetheless.
The introduction of mods could be a game changer if it gets introduced into more PC/One crossovers, I think there's a little wait to see if it's a good thing or not.
Cuphead's aesthetic is something that I am so digging
Rare Collection could be amazing, although I hope they use an uncensored version of Conkers, which I doubt they will.
Backwards Compatibility is always good, pro-consumer thing to have. It'll be interesting to see what the list of BC games is when they release it, and whether everything plays as well as it should. It'll also be interesting to see if this forces Sony's hand when it comes to how they deal with Playstation Now. The pricing model as I see it at the moment is not great (albeit not finalised), and I think they could definitely do with a 'games that you own are free' thing bolted on if they want it to not look like a money grab.
Hololens looks like a cool gimmick. Suppose gimmick is the key word there, but I'm open minded to see where it goes.

EA:
Mirror's Edge - wow, the sandbox element could make this a thing of beauty if the exploration aspects are varied enough. I'd like to see some sort of create-a-time trial element to it. Not essential, but I imagine some of the free running challenges people could make would be amazing.
Need For Speed - That drift camera looks a little too intense for my liking, but maybe it won't be so bad during play. It's nice to see customisation coming back, but I'll save my thoughts for closer to release when I've seen more of it.
Pele and the Hoop Gawd. Probably the most awkward parts of the conference outside of Jason DeRulo trying to get Aisha to dance.
Always up for more Mass Effect.
Unravel looks like it could be amazing, I'm looking forward to seeing more of that.

Ubisoft:
Killed it with the South Park reveal. Oh my god I'm looking forward to that so hard.
For Honor - Dynasty Warriors meets good one-on-one battle?
Trials Fusion Level Max Awesome almost wins my "what?" of the conference.
Tom Clancy has a lot of games...

Sony:
My initial thoughts on Shenmue were "this will be funded by the time I wake up". It wasn't quite.
Final Fantasy VII made me smile, but not as much as Fractured But Whole.
The Last Guardian looks a bit wonky...guess similar to Ico in that regard. It'll probably frustrate me playing it.
Horizon looked pretty cool, I'm interested for now.
No Man's Sky looked a little bit dull compared to some of it's other shows, I'm hoping this was just me being a little tired after watching games conferences for like 8 hours up to this point, but I feel my interest starting to wane slightly - release date me soon.
Dreams *wins* my "what?" of the conference.
World of Final Fantasy looks interesting. I imagine I will get it (also holy crap they mentioned the Vita).
Uncharted 4 is Uncharted again.

There wasn't really anything that majorly surprised me from Sony. I think it was a good conference but I think Microsoft probably just about edged it.

http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/697.png

Post #10 · Posted at 2015-06-16 05:14:31pm 8.8 years ago

Offline xXMokou98Xx
xXMokou98Xx Avatar Member
2,461 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-07-07

Nintendo Network ID: pinkscones
"meme school"
Nintendo had a conference. I don't know how else you describe it beyond that.
I'm guessing that without being able to surprise everyone with the Smash Bros. DLC characters, they had nothing to WOW people with and stuck with the "Let's market solely towards the little kids" approach.

By the way, nice Animal Crossing tease with the Mario Party spinoff. I hope the Amiibos aren't required, because daaaamn that will not sell.

Sony had an impressive showcase of content yesterday, and I thought Nintendo would be able to match it easily, but this was a letdown.
Yiss ©Ayumi Promotions, 2012
http://imgur.com/Gly172P.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/alUsLeu.jpg

Post #11 · Posted at 2015-06-16 05:24:35pm 8.8 years ago

Offline -Viper-
-Viper- Avatar Member+
2,407 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-10-26

3DS Friend Code: 1091-8797-8693
Doom 4 was a dream come true for me, I've been waiting for that game for 10 years so it's great to see a good amount of actual gameplay footage and have it be awesome. It looks like a perfect hybrid of Doom 3 and the classic Doom games from the early 90s. Can't wait for that.

I'm looking foward to Metal Gear Solid V since it's one of my favorite series, though the trailer they showed was pretty useless and it was about as pretentious as MGS trailers tend to be...

As for Final Fantasy VII, I'm not getting excited for that just yet. I'm afraid a remake will be lacking the charm that the original had and will be replaced by pandering to fanboyism surrounding the game and that it will have some crappy elements of the recent Final Fantasys. Even something like giving the characters voices could potentially ruin a lot of the charm that the original had for me. Sadly the trailer they showed gave me "advent children" chills.

Post #12 · Posted at 2015-06-16 06:10:44pm 8.8 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
Pandemonium X Avatar Member
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Nintendo Network ID: PandemoniumEJPNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2916-7192-8116

Last updated: 2015-06-16 06:11pm
I can't get hyped for anything amiibo related until they fix the scalper problem. I might have a full review soon but my grades.

Microsoft: C
EA: D
Ubisoft: D+
Sony: A-
Nintendo: C

What I love most about this E3 was not more forcing motion controls on every freaking game anymore.

Post #13 · Posted at 2015-06-16 06:30:23pm 8.8 years ago

Offline Quickman
Quickman Avatar Member+
6,058 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2013-08-17

"five minute white boy challenge"
I won't be watching the Squeenix show because I don't like Squeenix and I won't be watching the PC show because my PC isn't powerful enough to run most new games on a decent enough setting anyway, so here's ratings:

Microsoft : 8/10
EA: 7/10
Ubisoft: 7/10
Sony: 8/10
Nintendo: 5/10
Quote: Quick Man
Approximately nobody asked for this song to be included. Least popular decision by the Japanese since Nintendo released the Wii U.
https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/DWN012Quick_Man.png

Post #14 · Posted at 2015-06-16 07:50:05pm 8.8 years ago

Offline finalfan2cwiz
finalfan2cwiz Avatar Member+
966 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-12-29

Origin: finalfan2cwizGame Center Nickname: Ddrplaya
It has been a pretty good e3 so far. I miss the days of finding out about a new ddr or even music games in general. At least they are reviving Guitar Hero and Rockband. I'm suprised at the ff7 remake though...I never thought that was going to happen.

Post #15 · Posted at 2015-06-16 11:17:39pm 8.8 years ago

Offline RGTM
RGTM Avatar Moderator+
7,202 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-07-19

Nintendo Network ID: xRGTMxNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6034-2315-7724Game Center Nickname: xRGTMx
"BBCode Not Allowed"
Square Enix in a nutshell

https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5171583/il_570xN.246334490.jpg
ZIv Mod Squad: "shark jumpscare"
https://i.imgur.com/YdfMaWU.gif

Post #16 · Posted at 2015-06-16 11:46:33pm 8.8 years ago

Online tuxdude143
tuxdude143 Avatar Member
16 Posts
New Zealand
Reg. 2014-08-11

Nintendo: Hey here's a metroid game that doesn't have any metroid characters in it! Give us your money.

Gunpei Yokoi would be rolling in his grave right now

Post #17 · Posted at 2015-06-17 12:58:19am 8.8 years ago

Offline Foxytail
Foxytail Avatar Member
59 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-06-24

*throws hands in the air*

Well, it just comes to show how bad fanbases can be when they love a game one minute (Blast Ball on NWC), then despise its very existence the next immediately when it gets announced under a certain label (Metroid Prime)!

Basically, this is Other M all over again, because for how much hate the game gets, there actually is a legit counterargument that justifies its place in the series.

I just have to let this out because I can understand disappointment with Nintendo's showing, but treating it as some unforgivable sin is absolutely ridiculous, especially with how much worse other AAA developers have been and continue to be.

Post #18 · Posted at 2015-06-17 04:20:27am 8.8 years ago

Offline PaperSak
PaperSak Avatar Member
1,248 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-09-16

Nintendo Network ID: PaperSak3DS Friend Code: 2363-5848-1224
"Take your hater shades off."

Last updated: 2015-06-17 04:21am
Nintendo put themselves in somewhat of an odd position with Nintendo Directs spoiling things up every so often. I don't keep track, but I'm guessing most of the relatively old news came from a post-last-E3 Direct. Star Fox Wii U looks snazztastic but they put more effort into that presentation than the others, it seemed (erm, watched it while at work; missed half of the video). Kinda wish Nintendo would've brushed Yoshi under a rug in the recent past and saved more for now. While it is precious, it's a hard game to hype for a long time, and I feel like it's been brought up a lot. Eh. Still probably going to sell soul to Yarn Yoshis.

I could say Nintendo was underwhelming, and having the shortest show isn't exactly spectacular, but one could twist words around and say backwards compatibility and remakes are just fancy ways of releasing old games again. Tongue I missed all of Microsoft and heard some other neat things. Sony would've been neat but the extensive gameplays for Last Guardian and whatnot didn't cooperate with my attention span. Tongue Personal problem gasp yarn Yoshi amiibos are cute.

While some Nintendo "fans" are moaning about lack of new content (eh maybe just one group on FB...), I love seeing the FF and Kingdom Hearts nerds having a party over their stuff, haha.

Post #19 · Posted at 2015-06-17 05:01:24am 8.8 years ago

Offline bmhedgehog
bmhedgehog Avatar Banned+
3,136 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2008-07-13

"BANNED"
Quote: PanStyle
I still can't believe they finally annonced a remake for Final Fantasy 7. A real remake.

Just, wow.

Thank gawd that we are no longer being trolled by squeenix.

Post #20 · Posted at 2015-06-17 08:24:22am 8.8 years ago

Offline midnightclubx
1,082 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-06

Last updated: 2015-06-17 08:25am
I made a detailed journal about my thoughts on E3 over on DA (http://midnightclubx.deviantart.com/journal/Thoughts-on-E3-15-The-DAMMIT-NINTENDO-Edition-540131715 ) But since copying and pasting the text would just make this a wall of text, I'll just give you all a TL;DR version of the big three:

Microsoft made some great moves; That Rare Rewind collection is gonna be a killer app for the console for those not into Halo/GoW, and they have the upper-hand over Sony in regards to backwards-compatibility. They also showed off some promising new IPs as well. Definitely much better than the conferences they made in 5 years.
B

Nintendo disappointed me greatly. What everyone said about the Digital Event pretty much nailed it right on the head. Especially compared to what Sony and MS offered to the table. The new Star Fox and Super Paper Mario are definitely hype though, so there's that.
C

Sony made one of the best conferences in the past decade, if not of all time. Sure, there were some games no one really cares about, but some of the new IPs (like Horizon) look amazing. And of course, three of the biggest video game "prophecies" finally came to light. FF7, Shenmue 3, and The Last Guardian easily gave Sony the win for E3 this year. Oh, and Uncharted 4.
A+
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-24 00:09:52
This page took 0.017 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language