PLEASE HELP WITH ITG PC CRASHING BUGS

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2015-03-26 06:55:57pm 9 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

HELP PLEASE. This thing is so close to finished, there are two bugs that I can't figure out how to fix. These bugs are from ITG PC, if anyone is able to fix them I will be indebted to you. Please use the SM AC theme. http://www.mediafire.com/download/xthhcf6gddjifpd/SM_AC.zip
Fix Two Player Crash on Song Start in Network Mode
Fix Game Crash for Long / Marathon when 2/3 credits are remaining
I'm not a programmer but I believe the crashes are due to branches.lua

Post #2 · Posted at 2015-04-22 02:11:56pm 9 years ago

Offline ZTS
ZTS Avatar Member
139 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2015-01-13

"But enough talk! Have at you!"
Are you using OpenITG beta 2?
Get Rave It Out! https://sites.google.com/view/riodevs/home
Want your theme made? I take commissions, PM for details.

Post #3 · Posted at 2015-04-23 08:42:24am 8.9 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Quote: ZTS
Are you using OpenITG beta 2?
Nope, it's ITG PC which is also the same base software that was intended for ITG 3.
It runs as a theme on SM4 200608 something, the same crashes happen with the SM4 200608 something base install well not the game crashing on Long / Marathon songs when chosen as the last song, but the Online crashes on two player happen.

Post #4 · Posted at 2015-04-23 01:12:57pm 8.9 years ago

Offline ZTS
ZTS Avatar Member
139 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2015-01-13

"But enough talk! Have at you!"
I'm not really sure why you would want to use ITG PC. Does it have some special features that you can't get in OpenITG or Stepmania 5 with a theme?

Anyway, is there somewhere I can get the game so I can fix the theme? Do I have to buy it?
Get Rave It Out! https://sites.google.com/view/riodevs/home
Want your theme made? I take commissions, PM for details.

Post #5 · Posted at 2015-04-23 04:21:38pm 8.9 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Last updated: 2015-04-23 05:36pm
Quote: ZTS
I'm not really sure why you would want to use ITG PC. Does it have some special features that you can't get in OpenITG or Stepmania 5 with a theme?

Anyway, is there somewhere I can get the game so I can fix the theme? Do I have to buy it?

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6slflitnv513ch5/SM_AC.zip

Yes, it's more open than OpenITG and looks better on HD Monitors, it's super stable actually, runs really smooth with true ITG noteskins, and still does Survival / Mod courses exactly how ITG did them. I wouldn't say it's better than SM5 though because SM5 has alot of sweet new features, but it does native ITG things that SM5 doesn't do and does them better than openITG IMHO.

I'll re-upload I've made some changes since I previously uploaded, but these two crashes are still happening. I've found that the SM4 022007 something build works with two player online mode but I can't figure out what part of the code they used to fix from the 2006 version. The 2007 build has significant code nomenclature changes so it won't work with the ITG PC theme. I've tried modifying code in the Branches.lua script but I just can't figure it out.

The error message is something about Actors Nil, honestly I don't understand how to relate the error message to any actual code that caused the crash, if I could simply do that it would make everything so much easier.

To install just put the entire folder wherever you want it, then cut/paste the contents of the "MOVE TO MY DOCUMENTS" folder to MY DOCUMENTS, it has a preferences.ini file that I use. Also there's a file called "NOTESKINS 2" those are the actual default Noteskins used by StepMania 4, most of them don't work with the ITG builds. And finally if you switch themes from SM AC to defaultSM4 the game crashes probably due to some code incompatibility, just re-start and the SM4 theme will start up although I don't care about it I really only like the ITG PC theme.

I left EVERYTHING that I use in this build other than RandomMovies and Songs.

One last thing, if you can figure out how to add
DefaultFailType
as an option that can actually be changed in the game options screens that would be great. Currently I have to open up the preferences.ini and change it there (or wherever it is) and when I add it to an option and change the value it does not do anything in the actual song gameplay, it doesn't change the defaultfailtype. I don't want this to be a song option because I intend for this to be an arcade release.

But honestly the game crashing on Long / Marathon isn't that big of a deal I can just change the definition of Long / Marathon to a high value so that no song will qualify, but it would be nice to fix.

The game crashing on two player Online mode is the killer for me, I can do P1 Online alone fine, and P2 Online alone fine and they show up on either side of the screen, but Two player mode crashes and when trying to login to SMOnline the cursor to move each player individulally for profile select moves them both at the same time and I can't figure out how to separate them. I saw code in the Metrics.ini file about the cursor:together and cursor:individual but I changed a bunch of them and it didn't fix the problem.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-04-19 17:40:09
This page took 0.007 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language