Post #81 · Posted at 2015-05-28 04:43:07am 8.8 years ago

Offline PureBlue
PureBlue Avatar Member
2,925 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-08

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5116-3740-7232
"I'm your thorn."
I have managed to find local DDR machines in unexpected places. Just recently, I discovered that a mall a little bit north of me has a DDR Extreme with decent pads, and I only found out because I was getting a video game that they only had at the video game store in the mall and passed by the arcade.

Try looking for machines in places you wouldn't normally think of going to. Hell, there might even be people who live near you who have machines in their own house. I actually play on forum member tj28's ITG upgrade cab pretty frequently. Don't be afraid to ask around.
http://i.imgur.com/arQKXn5.png

Post #82 · Posted at 2015-05-30 03:01:23am 8.8 years ago

Offline mastershake575
mastershake575 Avatar Member
10 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2015-05-02

I live in the 4th biggest metroplex in the US (DFW) and even with its large size its getting hard to find DDR machines (most of the Supernova machines are Extreme conversions so the pads are very old). There's a decent ITG machine about 15 minutes from me but the speakers are low (only issue with it, pads are good).

The arcades that are still in business are now focusing on buying new pump it up machines. There pretty reliable and they attract the casuals which is key to making money (flashy music videos, good lights, and loud speakers).

When I go to play PIU (i'm usually there an hour or two) I usually see at least 3-4 casual people play the game while i'm there.

This is something I would never see with DDR (part of the reason why it wasn't that profitable).

Post #83 · Posted at 2015-05-31 07:08:50pm 8.8 years ago

Offline G-type
G-type Avatar Member
35 Posts
United States
Reg. 2015-05-15

Last updated: 2015-05-31 07:12pm
Reading through this, it looks like I have a relatively large amount of local machines. Off the top of my head, I can think of maybe six or seven, not counting PIU machines.

That said, only two of those machines are worth playing on. One of them is a community maintained ITG2 Dedicab that a bunch of locals play on.

It really seems like very few people care about arcades, so very few are owned by people who see them as anything more than a business. And the games suffer across the board. The arcade where the nice ITG2 cab lives, is known locally as a decrepit hole-in-the-wall. There's a 8th mix cab in the same arcade, and it's book-ended by a pile of broken coin mechs and a rack of broken gumball machines.

There is a GameWorks around here as well, that has a DDR X machine. However my understanding is that it's a Betson cab. And it's GameWorks, so the buy in just to play in that arcade is going to be something like $4. I wouldn't be surprised if each play is going to be $1.75. The machine might actually be in decent shape, but I don't know if it's worth it to go play.

EDIT: I should mention there's another arcade with a collection of possibly good machines, but there's some drama surrounding some community members and the arcade owner. I choose to avoid that drama, so I'm not going to count those machines.

Sucks too, because they had a a potentially good MaxiTune 3DX machine.

Post #84 · Posted at 2015-06-07 06:02:37pm 8.8 years ago

Offline _inaba_
_inaba_ Avatar Member
20 Posts
United States
Reg. 2015-06-06

Last updated: 2015-06-07 06:11pm
The Arcade tab on this site says there are EXTREME and pump machines over in the tilt in the Echelon mall, but I passed by there alot recently and I haven't seen any. There are also a couple of arcades in Atlantic City that had a SUPERNOVA, but those either had unresponsive pads or the machines are out of service.

Post #85 · Posted at 2015-06-08 05:57:03pm 8.8 years ago

Offline Storm_x8
Storm_x8 Avatar Member
144 Posts
United States
Reg. 2015-06-08

I'm pretty new to this, so can someone explain some stuff about the e-amusement system to me?

There's a DDR X3 machine near me here in the US which I'm thrilled about, and it also has ALL the music from every past DDR game accessible as well organized by folder - do all X3 machines have all the past music as well, or is this machine different? Also, this X3 cab is pretty new, and I happened to catch the arcade on the day it opened. Just to celebrate the opening of the arcade, they allowed everyone to play all the arcade games for free, so I played a couple rounds on the X3 machine and saw songs such as Silver Dream and Paranoia Revolution. However, now when I go, those songs are no longer available. Can I still unlock them somehow? I heard that it's impossible to unlock everything on X3 if the machine isn't connected to the e-amusement system, but if that's true, how come all those songs were available on that first day when I could play for free?

Post #86 · Posted at 2015-06-08 08:37:11pm 8.8 years ago

Offline hooky
hooky Avatar Member
2,683 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-07-28

Last updated: 2015-06-08 08:37pm
eAMUSEMENT is basically an online network for Konami games. You get a card that is used to access data such as your scores and your unlocked songs. Also, machine updates are sent over it. In X3 and older, it was possible to run DDR without an eAmuse connection. Machines would be running the version of the game they last had while connected to eAmuse.

However, starting with the latest version of DDR (awkwardly called DanceDanceRevolution, often called DDR2013 until the major interface overhaul and DDR2014 since), you cannot have a DDR machine offline; it must always be connected. Since eAmuse is not available outside of Asia and Round1 arcades elsewhere, arcades and owners of personal machines got around this by using an unofficial server called Programmed World. It had the same functionality. I don't know if it was able to update machines but I guess it's possible, as long as someone was able to get the update data. However, Konami started sending cease & desist orders to arcades running 2013/2014, resulting in the demise of PW. There's other ways to keep playing 2013/2014, but they can't be used for profit.

The songs should still be accessible. They'll be in the X3 folder. If you can't find them, try looking for them in ABC sort.

X3 has nearly all music from every previous game, aside from most licenses and some KOs. All non-CS licenses from X2 are in X3, as well as a few licenses from X (I believe it's just the X-edits, Till the Lonely's Gone, and 30 Lives), GOLDEN SKY from SN1, and every license from 1st and 2ndMIX aside from STRICTLY BUSINESS. If it has things like SO DEEP or MORE THAN I NEEDED TO KNOW on it, then it must be SM.

Quote: _inaba_
The Arcade tab on this site says there are EXTREME and pump machines over in the tilt in the Echelon mall, but I passed by there alot recently and I haven't seen any. There are also a couple of arcades in Atlantic City that had a SUPERNOVA, but those either had unresponsive pads or the machines are out of service.
If the arcade database is inaccurate, go update it! Anyone with an account can do it.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 13:27:48
This page took 0.014 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language