Logo

Lights on a normal computer with SM 3.9/OpenITG?

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2015-03-16 01:28:19pm 9 years ago

Offline Espionage724
Espionage724 Avatar Member
10 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-12-12

Origin: Espionage724
I have a regular desktop computer (Linux) running OpenITG currently, and I'm interested in adding some lights to it (maybe one under each speaker, something behind the screen, and "possibly" panel lights in the future).

I'm wondering if there's any sort of control board I could get that would allow me to hook some lights up to it, and then plug it in via USB or something, and easily (or at the very least has some kind of detailed documentation to) configure StepMania/OpenITG to use it?

And if lights should be easier to handle on SM5; I could also upgrade to that.
https://badges.evolvehq.com/evolve/large/820LcDeSURqbEMgv.jpg

Post #2 · Posted at 2015-03-16 08:35:43pm 9 years ago

Offline dbk2
dbk2 Avatar Member
332 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2012-04-30

Last updated: 2015-03-16 08:36pm
I am (unfortunately) fairly confident that no such detailed documentation exists.

Various people have used an Ultimarc pac-drive with OpenITG to successfully handle lights. You can note that the OpenITG source code has a PacDrive.cpp file. I have no idea how it works.

StepMania 5 supports some sort of generic IO handling via this SextetStream pull request from October 2014. As the pull request itself states, however:

Quote: psmay
Work on firmware and software for hardware interfaces is ongoing. The lights driver is seen working with an Arduino via socat in a video I posted. The hardware for the input side is still very much under construction. A full-duplex driver for input and lights over the same connection is also in the works.

It is likely, then, that no hardware exists yet that supports this interface. I really don't know.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-29 06:52:23
This page took 0.004 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language