Offline Madotsuki98
Madotsuki98 Avatar Member
109 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-08-25

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4489-3781
"Sleepy"
Quote: King_Mew
The American KOC is actually better than the Japanese ones, as the Japanese controller uses plunger-based buttons that get stuck much more easily. It still feels cheap and plastic when compared to the Arcade, but unless you want to unload a few hundred bucks on a DJ Dao, the American controller is your best bet. Tongue

Anyway, yeah, I don't think we'll ever see another CS release for IIDX/DDR/anything Bemani for a while, if ever again. That concept art is still cool... they should try making a LR2/Stepmania 5 Beat Mode theme.

But the USKOC also isn't microswitched and has a higher latency time when connecting to PC than the JKOC. Also, the railings that the keys move along make the controller basically impossible to mod and you're stuck with buttons that take half a ton to press. Overall I think the JKOC is way more customizable and better for people who play insane BMS but the USKOC is more accessible.

"How did the ancients know which world was real and which one the dream?"

Post #22 · Posted at 2015-03-17 11:41:55pm 9.1 years ago

Offline midnightclubx
midnightclubx Avatar Member
1,082 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-06

I can't say I've ever tried a JKOC; I'm part of the group of people who's first (and only) CS game was BMUS; the USKOC was a fantastic controller, and it's still working after almost 10 years of use! The controller would need to be updated a bit, such as making the buttons a tiny bit less thick, so that they feel more like the AC buttons, and maybe an option to slightly move the keys further apart from the turntable to have it emulate the arcade version's distance better.

And, of course, the only other change would be to either have it be wireless, and/or have a USB plug, be it to charge the controller or have it be a multipurpose plug that's cross-compatible with any other possible consoles (An Xbox One version would be super-unlikely, but it could happen), and PC.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-04-25 00:12:11
This page took 0.002 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language