6,041 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2013-08-17

"Yuuki Mishima for Tekken"
and all the gorillaz were had that day
Quote: Ty
Why are we booting up a Master System?
Quote: Quick Man
Because God isn't real and if he was he'd hate you.
https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/DWN012Quick_Man.png

Post #22 · Posted at 2015-05-06 01:07:51am 8.9 years ago

Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"
Rock Band 4 May Be the Last Music Game You’ll Ever Need – IGN First

Harmonix’s first job was making sure the familiar felt fun. Rock Band 4 runs on a new game engine at 1080p and 60fps – and it’s definitely much prettier than ever, particularly in the lighting department – but it retains the same lighthearted style and feel it always did. And that’s by design. And yes, it will be instantly compatible with over 2,000 previous Rock Band songs. But Harmonix also wants to change how you interact with those tracks. Even though you’re reliving rock’s biggest tunes, Harmonix wants you to be able to put your own signature touch on them
For the drums, this comes in the form of, first, counting in your band when you’re ready to begin the song. It’s a little thing, but it adds a sense of band camaraderie and leadership when the person behind the kit taps the green tom (or cymbal, if you’re using one of the old or upcoming re-issue of the Rock Band Cymbal Kit) 3-5 times in order to trigger the beginning of your performance.

More impactful, however, are the new mid-song drum fills. Harmonix says it found most Rock Band players to be thrown off by the old system’s completely free-form fill sections, used to trigger Overdrive, and have responded in Rock Band 4 by authoring a massive suite of fun, realistic drum fills that the game will randomly throw at you, based on the song’s genre and difficulty.
For singers, Harmonix hopes that Rock Band 4 will be the best karaoke game ever made. Not only will the vocal harmonies added in The Beatles: Rock Band return, but a dedicated group of the Rock Band fan community have gone back and authored harmonies for every previous song and handed it over to Harmonix. For free.
Heck, insofar as Harmonix’s make-you-feel-like-you’re-in-a-band fantasy goes, even the old, somewhat-obscure Rock Band Stage Kit will be compatible with Rock Band 4...probably. “It’s this crazy bit of passion play on the art development team,” explained Sussman. “The people that have a Stage Kit that work here are maniacally committed to supporting it. So yeah, of course Rock Band 4 is going to support the Stage Kit, to the degree of support like legacy hardware in the first place, right? It’s a controller, and if we can figure out how to get it to the console, people are going to get their fog and their lights. Which is amazing. It’s one of these things…it’s never scheduled, it’s never planned for, and at the end of the day, you read though that code and it’s like, ‘I can’t believe [we] did it.’ So, yeah.”

Post #23 · Posted at 2015-05-06 01:09:35am 8.9 years ago

Offline Sigrev2
Sigrev2 Avatar Member+
4,159 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-10-17

Nintendo Network ID: Sigrev2Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2884-7660-37993DS Friend Code: 3883-7652-3160
"suffering from success"
i don't need to know all this hogwash; i just wanna know the songs Sad

Post #24 · Posted at 2015-05-06 01:47:26am 8.9 years ago

Offline BemaniHyper
BemaniHyper Avatar Member+
1,434 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-09-13

Last updated: 2015-05-06 01:47am
i really really love the counting in on the drums

Post #25 · Posted at 2015-05-06 01:52:41am 8.9 years ago

Offline silenttype01
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"

Last updated: 2015-05-06 01:53am
Rock Band 4: New Hardware First Impressions – IGN First

GUITAR: The guitar certainly feels mostly the same. The prototype I handled lacked the faux-wood-grain finish the Rock Band 2 guitars had, but that could change between now and the final guitar. The frets seemed quieter and seemed to have less travel, which I liked. The strum bar feels a bit stiffer – in a good way – and is still silent. It does not click. It's possible that it may just not be broken-in, though, and may feel almost identical to previous RB guitars once you've rocked out with it for a while.
DRUMS: It's tough to tell any difference in actually playing them (albeit briefly), but Sussman insisted that the improvements are there, under the hood (er...drum toms), inside the "clamshells," as Sussman put it. The Rock Band 4 drums look, sound, and feel the same, having been based off of the most recent iteration of the kit (from The Beatles: Rock Band). Harmonix and co-publisher MadCatz will offer a new Cymbals Kit, sold separately. Sussman told me that the Rock Band 2 Cymbals Kit will still work if, like me, you've got one. The kick pedal is identical, save for perhaps a different imprint on the metal kickplate. Extra pedals will be sold separately if you want to have a second kick pedal.
MICROPHONE: I didn't actually get to try the new mic, but Harmonix told me that it is simply a better-quality device than they used before, with higher gains that allow you to sing quieter and still be accurate, as well as higher thresholds that, oppositely, allow you to sing louder without garbling the mic. And Rock Band 4 will support the vocal harmonies feature introduced in the Beatles game.

Post #26 · Posted at 2015-05-06 12:39:02pm 8.9 years ago

Offline Quickman
Quickman Avatar Member+
6,041 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2013-08-17

I am very curious to see what the 'new' drum fills are like, and the counting in is certainly a nice touch. Unfortunately, I'm still inclined to agree with AnonyWolf - getting told just 2 or 3 songs would be nice.

Post #27 · Posted at 2015-05-06 02:01:05pm 8.9 years ago

Offline DMW7243
DMW7243 Avatar Member
85 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-04-10

"Grade A KONMAI Quality"
I'm curious about the new Drum Fills as well Currently, I play with the Fills "Off" so whenever you build up Overdrive and a drum fill would normally occur, it shows the normal drum chart of the song but you get a couple measures where if you miss those, it won't count, as long as you hit that Crash cymbal at the end to activate. I didn't like doing the fills because sometimes the drum sounds that would fill in wouldn't fit the song and sound pretty strange, hopefully it'll be better this time around.

Post #28 · Posted at 2015-05-12 11:35:45pm 8.8 years ago

Offline silenttype01
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"

Last updated: 2015-05-12 11:36pm
Canceled Rock Band 3 Sequel Revealed - IGN First

Rock Band: Sessions entered development shortly after the conclusion of Rock Band 3. Harmonix canceled its excellent concept -- a Rock Band game where you make music instead of matching other artists’ notes -- shortly after the team completed a playable prototype. But the game still exists inside Harmonix, and the team was brave enough to let IGN make some music in a game that will never release.
Rock Band: Sessions, like Rock Band proper, involves a band of friends playing plastic instruments to hit colored notes. In Sessions, you’re creating the audio track for each instrument -- with pre-authored bass/drums/vocals/guitar of varying speeds and styles filling in the gaps if you so choose. In that case, “You are rolling into a studio where three or four parts are written,” Sussman explained, “and it’s up to you to fill out the bass line, or fill out the guitar line, or whatever that may be. So that turned into this interesting prototype we developed around Rock Band sessions.”

Video at the link.

I would have preferred a midi input instead of using the plastic controllers, but then I would be better off using pro tools at that point. It would have been cool to share created songs with friends online on a setlist or something.

Rock Band 4 Gigs Will Test Your Band's Friendship - IGN First

Foster explained that the act of performing live music isn’t represented completely accurately in previous Rock Band games. You don’t hop on stage, play a song, and leave. “It’s sort of the ebb and flow of the arc of a performance over successive songs. So, like, the crowd coming with you, or potentially you needing to win them over…it’s a sense of momentum and pacing. So what we wanted to do with this is capture the sense of a gig and use it for narrative means, for new gameplay and emotional experiences within the Rock Band framework.”

Choices appear between sets, drawn from your music library and the gig’s theme/genre. Bandmates have a limited time to choose the song they all wish to play -- which could lead to interesting, awkward interactions with you band. Your guitarist may decide on a spectacular, fun song the vocalist doesn’t know, or can’t sing to properly. An exhausted drummer can vote for something laid-back, while the rest of his bandmates troll her with a gnarly drum solo track.

Post #29 · Posted at 2015-05-15 08:57:03am 8.8 years ago

Offline Quickman
Quickman Avatar Member+
6,041 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2013-08-17

That sounds like it could lead up to some very hilarious moments, unless there's someone on your band who has a short temper. I like the idea of more narrative between gigs, and pleasantly surprised that there's going to be some narrative in the middle of them as well.

Post #30 · Posted at 2015-05-15 04:56:11pm 8.8 years ago

Online DDR Addict
DDR Addict Avatar Member
1,464 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-09-23

Nintendo Network ID: RimeTM3DS Friend Code: 3454-0657-8756
"Let's Do the Rain Dance"
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/15/rock-band-4s-first-6-songs-revealed-ign-first

Quote: Initial Song List
Avenged Sevenfold – "Hail to the King"
Fleetwood Mac – "You Make Loving Fun"
Jack White – "Lazaretto"
The Killers – "Somebody Told Me"
Spin Doctors – "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong"
The Who – "The Seeker"

I just knew when we got Shepperd of Fire that Hail to the King was being saved for something bigger...also cool to see Lazaretto and Somebody Told Me (slowly I can cut down on my SingStar songlist!). Apparently in 2 hours, the livestream starts.

Post #31 · Posted at 2015-05-15 06:40:35pm 8.8 years ago

Offline Sigrev2
Sigrev2 Avatar Member+
4,159 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-10-17

Nintendo Network ID: Sigrev2Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2884-7660-37993DS Friend Code: 3883-7652-3160
"suffering from success"
You hooked me at Lazaretto, had me at Somebody Told Me, and solidified me for The Seeker.

Post #32 · Posted at 2015-05-16 08:35:50pm 8.8 years ago

Offline Quickman
Quickman Avatar Member+
6,041 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2013-08-17

Last updated: 2015-05-16 08:35pm
Hyped as shit for You Make Loving Fun, always been a fan of Fleetwood Mac.

This is making me want Tusk in the game, imagine THAT on the drums...

New stuff shown in the hour-long IGN gameplay reveal, such as...

- Countdowns and 'get ready' warnings for each instrument, which I like as I can take a drink inbetween a long break.
- You can also take 'fan requests' instead of doing the next song in your set (Which the crowd physically shout to you, nice touch). - There was also something in the encore selection menus that said 'A song from 2013' and 'something metal', which I like the idea of.
- You can also vote things like 'let the singer choose', as well.
- Both Overdrive meter and multiplier carry over songs in gigs.

New songs, some were in the setlist shown, some were actually played.

Weezer - Buddy Holly
Rush - Closer To The Heart
Pearl Jam - Even Flow
Pat Benetar - Heartbreaker
No Doubt - Just A Girl
Jack White - Lazaretto
Spin Doctors - Little Miss Can't Be Wrong
REO Speedwagon - Roll With The Changes
Tom Petty - Runnin' Down A Dream
Rascal Flats - Summer Nights
Megadeth - Symphony of Destruction
Iron Maiden - The Trooper
Tenacious D - Tribute
Eddie Money - Two Tickets to Paradise
EMF - Unbelieveable
Run DMC feat. Aerosmith - Walk This Way

Post #33 · Posted at 2015-05-16 09:08:32pm 8.8 years ago

Offline Sigrev2
Sigrev2 Avatar Member+
4,159 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-10-17

"suffering from success"
Quote: Quickman
New songs, some were in the setlist shown, some were actually played.

Weezer - Buddy Holly
Rush - Closer To The Heart
Pearl Jam - Even Flow
Pat Benetar - Heartbreaker
No Doubt - Just A Girl
Megadeth - Symphony of Destruction
Iron Maiden - The Trooper
Tenacious D - Tribute
EMF - Unbelieveable
Run DMC feat. Aerosmith - Walk This Way
not new songs at all, pretty sure (read: 100%) these are DLC for RB2/3

Post #34 · Posted at 2015-05-16 09:14:28pm 8.8 years ago

Offline Quickman
Quickman Avatar Member+
6,041 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2013-08-17

Well, they said they were on-disc, so I'm counting it.

Post #35 · Posted at 2015-05-16 09:32:09pm 8.8 years ago

Offline Cowtao
Cowtao Avatar Member
1,984 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-05-08

"This hat hurts"

Last updated: 2015-05-16 09:33pm
False Anony. I checked Harmonix Music to be absolutely sure of what is and what isn't.

These songs are the only ones that haven't been in a DLC or a Game/Spin-Off Game:
Jack White - Lazaretto
Spin Doctors - Little Miss Can't Be Wrong
*Walk This Way - Aerosmith feat. Run DMC

*The original was featured in the Aerosmith DLC I think nearby the ending of Rock Band 3 Daily DLC. This version is completely different.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/Cowtao.png
Thanks toon for the smexy Banner!

Post #36 · Posted at 2015-05-16 09:40:53pm 8.8 years ago

Online DDR Addict
DDR Addict Avatar Member
1,464 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-09-23

Nintendo Network ID: RimeTM3DS Friend Code: 3454-0657-8756
"Let's Do the Rain Dance"
Quote: Cowtao
*Walk This Way - Aerosmith feat. Run DMC

*The original was featured in the Aerosmith DLC I think nearby the ending of Rock Band 3 Daily DLC. This version is completely different.

Sorry, no. The version in-game is the original Aerosmith version, which is the same version that was released as DLC. These songs that were on the dev build but not new are not going to be on-disc in the final release; they are merely a grab-bag of popular DLC tracks to demonstrate new features (harmonies, fills, Big Rock Endings actually having notes), give the in-depth demo a more full feeling, and to also confirm tracks that will (most likely) be transferable right away for free when the DLC store launches with the game (they stated about a hundred or so tracks would be on the store at launch).

Post #37 · Posted at 2015-05-16 09:41:23pm 8.8 years ago

Offline Sigrev2
Sigrev2 Avatar Member+
4,159 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-10-17

"suffering from success"

Last updated: 2015-05-16 09:41pm
I take it you never actually read my post. If you did, you'd see that Lazaretto and Little Miss weren't included. And Walk This Way was released as DLC.

Post #38 · Posted at 2015-05-16 09:44:41pm 8.8 years ago

Offline Cowtao
Cowtao Avatar Member
1,984 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-05-08

"This hat hurts"

Last updated: 2015-05-16 09:47pm
You didn't specify. I assumed you missed part of the songs or you didn't check because you also didn't talk about some of the other songs that were also DLC/In-game (Runnin' Down a Dream, Summer Nights). So yes I did read your post.

As for the Walk This Way thing, i'm blaming Quickman because he typed the wrong version. If it's legit though i'm happy because Walk This Way (Run DMC Version) > Walk This Way (Original)

Post #39 · Posted at 2015-05-16 09:47:33pm 8.8 years ago

Offline Sigrev2
Sigrev2 Avatar Member+
4,159 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-10-17

"suffering from success"

Last updated: 2015-05-16 09:48pm
I included only the songs I knew for a fact (read: I've bought myself/I've seen other people own [brother]) were DLC. Wasn't sure about Runnin/Summer, didn't include them.

Post #40 · Posted at 2015-05-16 09:50:32pm 8.8 years ago

Offline Cowtao
Cowtao Avatar Member
1,984 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-05-08

"This hat hurts"
Well then...Ta-Dah it's DLC. Minor miscommunication. Sorry.

More Jack White is good for the soul.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-29 13:41:58
This page took 0.021 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language