Worst Experience on DDR

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #21 · Posted at 2008-02-20 05:09:13pm 16.1 years ago

Offline Goldensunboy
Goldensunboy Avatar Member
753 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-01-08

I feel free to put my cellphone, wallet, tokens, car keys, camera, and any random accessories I sometimes happen to bring to the arcade (DS, Rubik's cube, megaminx) on top of the cabinet below the marquee. The machine is up against a corner, and anything stuffed below the marquee on the far side of the machine can't be messed with while you are playing without you noticing someone obviously climbing across the pad to reach the stuff. I have never had anyone mess with my stuff throughout my entire 1.5 years of playing, even with my wallet up there. In fact, one time I left my wallet at the arcade in that spot, called the manager from my home 15 minutes later about it, and the wallet was still there.

The only things I ever put on the ledge are my water bottle and scoresheet.
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/pictures/2301-1221291057.png

Post #22 · Posted at 2008-02-21 02:16:04am 16.1 years ago

Offline destructo-bot
destructo-bot Avatar Member
431 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-01-09

"...but where's MY machine"
Hey lukeyboysonic, did you try punching her? I mean, yeah you would've had to probably get off the pad and possibly fail the song, but I think it'd be worth it to get the phone back.

Remember kids: violence is always the answer. Surprised
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/destructo-bot/destructo-botbn.png

Post #23 · Posted at 2008-02-21 02:23:07am 16.1 years ago

Offline lukeyboysonic
lukeyboysonic Avatar Banned
750 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2008-02-04

I never punched her. I just decided to just leave her alone. I did see her taken the phone and after the song and i asked her to give it back to me and she replied ''not anymore mate'' and i just shouted at her. Should've put it in my pocket in the first place. But the reason why i left it on the ledge is because i wanted to record videos of it and pictures.

Post #24 · Posted at 2008-02-21 02:35:51am 16.1 years ago

Offline e-s-g
e-s-g Avatar Member
2,208 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2007-11-16

You... left her alone as she took your phone?
I don't think a pound's DDR game is worth losing your phone, dude. Should've jumped off the pad and grabbed her when she took it.
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/iidxsig/2004.png?t=12561638100
gay for kors k

Post #25 · Posted at 2008-02-21 02:50:50am 16.1 years ago

Offline lukeyboysonic
750 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2008-02-04

I would've done it but it's too late. And i'm afraid that is my worst experience. A pound's ddr game and my phone got stolen. That is my worst one of all time. I might get my phone back one day and probably the girl will get arrested for it.

Post #26 · Posted at 2008-02-21 03:25:48am 16.1 years ago

Offline Oni-91
Oni-91 Avatar Moderator+
13,492 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-10-20

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3445-5569-17913DS Friend Code: 008736577880
"Ambivalent Viennetta"
Seeing that it's England, the arrest part probably won't happen...but anyway. People have tried to do that to me. I just give them a hard kick in the shins.
ZIv Mod Squad: "I'm a trash panda now, don't worry about it"
Can you make music? ZENIUS -I- MANIA 2023 NEEDS YOU
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvT2ARPaQAAxRVX.jpg:large

Post #27 · Posted at 2008-02-21 03:29:15am 16.1 years ago

Offline lukeyboysonic
750 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2008-02-04

Good for you. I think the girl was in teen age so the arrest will not happen yet. The surrey police will let me know if this happened.

Post #28 · Posted at 2008-02-22 08:54:42am 16.1 years ago

Offline Raikou Rider
Raikou Rider Avatar Member
130 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-03-21

My worst DDR experience (and my best in another way) was falling off the pad and passing out after passing MAX 300 on Heavy for the first time.

My second worst experience would have to be just a couple hours ago, getting black flag after black flag. Haven't gotten any AAAs all night. These are just two of the BFs... I'll probably post more before the night's over if my luck keeps the way it's been.

User Image
User Image

http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/904.png?t=1223016934http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5/bm2dx_sig.php?userid=904

Post #29 · Posted at 2008-02-22 10:48:48am 16.1 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
Pandemonium X Avatar Member
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Nintendo Network ID: PandemoniumEJPNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2916-7192-8116
1. is that theme for 3.9?

2. Where can I get it?

Post #30 · Posted at 2008-02-22 11:14:14am 16.1 years ago

Offline PanStyle
PanStyle Avatar Member
1,054 Posts
France
Reg. 2007-07-05

Quote: Pandemonium X

2. Where can I get it?

I think it's better to get ITG for pc, and put DDR song on it ;)
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/PanStyle.png http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/1336.png?t=1284597568

Post #31 · Posted at 2008-02-24 01:02:22am 16.1 years ago

Offline Rmix
Rmix Avatar Member
203 Posts
Puerto Rico
Reg. 2007-12-18

I went to the arcade and decided to play doubles, I decided to play My Only Shining Star Heavy( It's relativity easy in Singles so), then at last stream It was crazy Shocked. I ended failing.

Post #32 · Posted at 2008-02-24 01:20:03am 16.1 years ago

Offline Oni-91
Oni-91 Avatar Moderator+
13,492 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-10-20

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3445-5569-17913DS Friend Code: 008736577880
"Ambivalent Viennetta"
Quote: Pandemonium X

2. Where can I get it?

It's available for 3.9, 3.95, 4 and ITGPC. The 3.9 one is at www.stepmaniathings.com, but it's not as close to the real theme as you'd expect. If you want realism, find the SM4 theme Groove 2.2 (I think that's the right number...)
ZIv Mod Squad: "I'm a trash panda now, don't worry about it"
Can you make music? ZENIUS -I- MANIA 2023 NEEDS YOU
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvT2ARPaQAAxRVX.jpg:large

Post #33 · Posted at 2008-02-24 04:19:19am 16.1 years ago

Offline lukeyboysonic
750 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2008-02-04

You can get Groove 2.4 from the DDRPLANET website.

Post #34 · Posted at 2008-06-21 09:47:18pm 15.8 years ago

Offline jorellpd
jorellpd Avatar Member
293 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2008-06-08

Origin: Forza_Joey
"Who says that!!"
Everytime I play DDR 2nd Mix, my steps especially when it comes to the side of Player 1, I usually miss even I step them so hard. I even stomped so hard just to make the CPU of the game receive the input... That's also the reason why I wanna quit playing 2nd Mix and move on to SuperNOVA 2. Right now, I'm using the side of Player 2 because it receives easily the steps I made.

Post #35 · Posted at 2008-07-08 11:35:21am 15.7 years ago

Offline ddrmax
ddrmax Avatar Member
67 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-06-22

This isn't exactly the worst experience compared to everyone elses but I have 2.

1 was when I was at jhon's incredible pizza. They had a DDRMAX2 Machine (I wish it was a ddr Supernova machine or at least a ddr extreme machine.) There was a group of drucken pricks whom I wish would have left in the ambulence because of a hangover. When I was playing ERA (Nostial mix) on Heavy This guy was all like " KEEP GOING! YOU CAN DO IT LITTLE ONE! " (sarcasticly and while laughing.). they were acting so frigging retarded.

2 was at a movie theatre on a DDR SuperNOVA Machine. I picked a nonstop challenge course where all songs are random and I got "Your Rain" and some random teens came by and were like Shocked Laughing Out Loud and they went to get thier friends.Annoyed Later on just as they got back with like 20 something peopleDead I was doing PARANOIA Survivor MAX on Challenge and the teens were like Shocked because I AAA'ed it for my first try.Green Grin

Post #36 · Posted at 2008-07-08 12:14:39pm 15.7 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
Pandemonium X Avatar Member
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Nintendo Network ID: PandemoniumEJPNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2916-7192-8116
Quote: ddrmax
1 was when I was at jhon's incredible pizza. They had a DDRMAX2 Machine (I wish it was a ddr Supernova machine or at least a ddr extreme machine.) There was a group of drucken pricks whom I wish would have left in the ambulence because of a hangover. When I was playing ERA (Nostial mix) on Heavy This guy was all like " KEEP GOING! YOU CAN DO IT LITTLE ONE! " (sarcasticly and while laughing.). they were acting so frigging retarded.
This is happened to me many times and it's very annoying.Annoyed

Post #37 · Posted at 2008-07-08 01:08:30pm 15.7 years ago

Offline chewi
chewi Avatar Member+
8,537 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2008-02-24

One time I was at the local bowling alley playing DDR EXTREME and this one dumba** kid that goes to my school comes up and starts making fun of me. He covered the screen, called my gay, etc. etc. And then he takes out his phone and starts recording me playing DX After I finished, I chased after him around the arcade and slapped the s*** out of him.

He said he put the video on YouTube, but I can't find it. '(-_-)~

Post #38 · Posted at 2008-07-08 01:47:46pm 15.7 years ago

Offline Exor
Exor Avatar Member
3,646 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-05-29

3DS Friend Code: 2723-9332-1016
"^ featured on Law & Order"
A few times I've played on varying DDR machines, and I notice my shoelaces coming loose from one shoe. While playing, the laces get caught in the cracks between the actual arrow panel and the metal housing. Last time, laces from both shoes get caught, and yet I managed to pass rainbow rainbow Heavy

Post #39 · Posted at 2008-07-08 02:52:07pm 15.7 years ago

Offline Kon
Kon Avatar Member
1,288 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-07-02

"OMG KON!"
I have a ton.

I will update every once in a while I am sure but here are a few.

-kids going on the pads constantly one day at Naperville.
-starting to feel sick in the middle of a round, and forcing to end your turn.
-credit stolen by a dumbass, even though i clearly stated the crdit in the machine was to keep my place in line.
-Parents got angry with me at gameworks because I put a credit in the machine and two Moms came up and told me their kids were first, and they were VERY angry. I told them "I realize that, I just put a credit in the machine to show I am in line, your still in front of me". They left before it was even their kids turn.
-Got kicked out of Lazer X twice for playing in the groove 2 "too loud' and "eating inside the building".
-Recently out of no where when I was playing SuperNOVA 2 at Naperville, I started feeling very dizzy. I finished my round, got water, and tried playing. I did not get any AAA's for 3 rounds, which I normally do. So I ordered food, and after I ate I played again, and it helped, but I had to leave after 3 more rounds anyways, just bad timing at that moment.
-I got many One Greats one day, I got about 10, it was horrible.

Again, i have more stories. but thats it for right now, I will think of some more while I am packing.

Post #40 · Posted at 2008-07-08 03:52:36pm 15.7 years ago

Offline Pie-kun
Pie-kun Avatar Member+
6,172 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-03-25

"On ZiV I'm like Princess Diana"
I rarely get to go to the arcade, cause I live in a more rural part of California, and don't really get to go to the cities very often because of gas prices.

But this one time I was in Laughlin, Nevada for Thanksgiving (Laughlin is basically like Las Vegas, but it's more...old-people oriented and smaller. But it's nice cause it's right on the Colorado river) We go there every Thanksgiving, because quite frankly, my grandmother and aunt got tired of cooking the family Thanksgiving dinner and would rather gamble instead. I have to say though, the place we go to for Thanksgiving dinner is freaking fantastic. I'm not a big 'Thanksgiving food' person, and they have just about any food you want. Italian, Chinese, Mexican....and it's yummy. Anyways, the hotel I was staying at had a DDR Extreme machine at that time, it was later changed to ITG2 and then they completely threw that cabinet out and bought PIU, which noone seems to play. I'm going back in November, and I'm wondering if they've changed the game again.

Anyways, I had been playing on the game for maybe...two rounds with some five minutes breaks between sets (I always do this, because I don't wanna be a machine hog, so I give people a fair amount of time to jump on in themselves...not that the machine was really being played on that day or ever really). It's the middle of the day, so there's a moderate amount of kids in the arcade, as one would expect.

So, this lady, her husband, and her two little brats come in to the arcade. Right when they come in, the kids go off running on their own. And these kids are probably like...2 and 5. Anyways, I choose Freckles as my song and start playing. I'm about halfway through the song when I notice my foot hit something. Yup...It's one of her little brats. It was the 2-ish year old. He had apparently been hanging on the bar behind me and had been sticking his feet onto the pad I was playing on. So, he kinda loses his balance and falls off the pad, but lands on his feet.

I thought the Mom was gonna freaking die. She sits there yelling at me while I'm still playing the song, because somehow it was MY fault that her stupid little kid was being an idiot, and it was MY fault that she hadn't been watching him. So, I have to give up on the song and fail while I sit there getting a scolding from some lady who was probably in her mid-20s, had two kids, and was pregnant with another one.

So, she gets done scolding me and takes her two year old to where her and her husband were playing some stupid ticket game. I play one more set while her five year old keeps walking up to the cabinet and pressing the song selection buttons on the cab randomly, at one point making it choose a song I didn't want. I asked him to stop, but of course he didn't.

Well, I had to go meet my family for dinner anyways, so I decided to leave early because I was becoming really annoyed. Before I left, I told the five year old "Hey kid, tell your mom to go to the free clinic and get that bump removed, cause she's screwed you two up." He didn't say anything, and I doubt he even knew what I meant, but I still sometimes hope that he went and told his mother. That would be so awesome.
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 16% · Server Time: 2024-04-19 04:20:17
This page took 0.017 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language