Post #21 · Posted at 2015-02-21 09:40:53pm 9.1 years ago

Offline SomethingRandom
SomethingRandom Avatar Member
2,794 Posts
United States
Reg. 2015-02-21

Game Center Nickname: blearymoos
"bootylicious "
This post will appear on the next page...
Well, r21 sounds like a Username.... And by how Aegis said it.....

Post #22 · Posted at 2015-02-21 10:06:52pm 9.1 years ago

Offline coffeelover239
coffeelover239 Avatar Member
348 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-26

Origin: coffeelover239
"Prestige, legacy, and pride. "
Only one way to find out.
DDR RIVAL CODE - 5140-8277
http://www.guy-sports.com/fun_pictures/wine_windows.jpg

Post #23 · Posted at 2015-02-21 10:10:42pm 9.1 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
Lol

It's not a user, it's a patch for a game that will allow you to basically play any simfile on an actual machine. This is not DDR.

Post #24 · Posted at 2015-02-21 10:11:47pm 9.1 years ago

Offline Sigrev2
Sigrev2 Avatar Member+
4,170 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-10-17

Nintendo Network ID: Sigrev2Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2884-7660-37993DS Friend Code: 3883-7652-3160
"suffering from success"
lmfao this thread is something else

Post #25 · Posted at 2015-02-21 10:13:19pm 9.1 years ago

Offline coffeelover239
348 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-26

This is what happens when you want a DDR 2014 kit so bad, look, if any one knows anybody who is willing to help out, can you send them over to this fourm?

Post #26 · Posted at 2015-02-21 10:21:01pm 9.1 years ago

Offline RGTM
RGTM Avatar Moderator+
7,202 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-07-19

Nintendo Network ID: xRGTMxNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6034-2315-7724Game Center Nickname: xRGTMx
"BBCode Not Allowed"

Last updated: 2015-02-21 10:21pm
Wow, you are so desperate. Laughing Hard

I hope you realize that in the end, there's only going to be a very small amount of people that would benefit from Houston getting a 2014 cabinet. There are other locations in the country that have cabinets, but have a very strong and sound fanbase for BEMANI. If you want to get the full experience of playing 2014 in a sound environment, travel.

Quote: SomethingRandom

lol
ZIv Mod Squad: "shark jumpscare"
https://i.imgur.com/YdfMaWU.gif

Post #27 · Posted at 2015-02-21 10:27:14pm 9.1 years ago

Offline coffeelover239
348 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-26

Last updated: 2015-02-21 10:30pm
Quote: xRGTMx
Wow, you are so desperate. Laughing Hard

I hope you realize that in the end, there's only going to be a very small amount of people that would benefit from Houston getting a 2014 cabinet. There are other locations in the country that have cabinets, but have a very strong and sound fanbase for BEMANI. If you want to get the full experience of playing 2014 in a sound environment, travel.

1 That costs, MONEY, plenty of it.
2 Small amount? And how would you know that? Plus, Tokyo Attack was HUGE at Anime Matsuri last year, and before you ask, it's an annual Anime Convention that happens in Houston.
3 If that's the only bit I can get, then I really want to have a kit even more. I'd have to wait every year just to play it. Plus, Tokyo Attack still hasn't announced that they are going to be at this years Anime Matsuri,
4 Like I said, we need the help, if we HAD the support, this wouldn't be a problem. The problem is, we aren't getting ANY support. We feel alone on our mission. Can someone just please, give us a hand?!

Post #28 · Posted at 2015-02-21 10:39:25pm 9.1 years ago

Offline DDR Addict
DDR Addict Avatar Member
1,464 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-09-23

Nintendo Network ID: RimeTM3DS Friend Code: 3454-0657-8756
"Let's Do the Rain Dance"
Look, every arcade rhythm game fan will get these sorts of urges. The problem is very few places can sustainably support a new cabinet. Those things can cost thousands out of the box, hundreds over months to run, and may never break even unless you give it a ton of promotion, which you can't because the general public isn't interested and the dedicated fanbase still isn't going to plunk down $50 or $100 each time they come.

I understand the frustration, but homebrew is the way to go here. I highly recommend investing in a good pad and using StepMania for your DDR urges. This site has DDR 2013 simfiles along with plenty of content from the official series that is completely up to date, and there are a handful of really good modern DDR themes, both of the 2013 and 2014 variety.

Post #29 · Posted at 2015-02-21 10:46:03pm 9.1 years ago

Offline coffeelover239
348 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-26

I don't like using homebrew that much to be honest. I like to play the real deal. I only use stepmania when studying step charts. Also, I can't stress enough, if we HAD SUPPORT, this wouldn't be a problem. The reason I keep bringing that up is because in another group I'm in for another rare arcade game,( Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune) helped me out of jam. The Card Readers would not be turned on the first time, so I tried again after I got help from one of the members. It made me feel not alone. I can't say the same for DDR.

Post #30 · Posted at 2015-02-21 11:05:20pm 9.1 years ago

Offline SomethingRandom
SomethingRandom Avatar Member
2,794 Posts
United States
Reg. 2015-02-21

Game Center Nickname: blearymoos
"bootylicious "

lol

Well, xRGTMx, ...
(But I do agree that comment. I made was dumb, Laughing Hard

Post #31 · Posted at 2015-02-21 11:11:18pm 9.1 years ago

Offline coffeelover239
348 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-26

Last updated: 2015-02-21 11:16pm

lol

Well, xRGTMx, ...
(But I do agree that comment. I made was dumb, Laughing Hard

Yeah, r21 is for in the groove, which we have a couple in Houston.

Post #32 · Posted at 2015-02-21 11:32:32pm 9.1 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
If Houston had support for a DDR 2013 kit, it would already be there. Trust me, if the amount of support was there, you guys would have had it.

I can't post any other information that has already been explained to you, We're basically picking at straws explaining to you how getting a kit + keeping it active in today's arcade scene is just not going to happen unless you are banking in cash and purchasing a machine won't even make a dent in your wallet.

If you have to wait annually for Tokyo Attack to bring their machines, then that's what you'll get until eventually a machine does get DDR 2014 installed in your area. It's not impossible, as I keep saying, it's just going to be an undetermined amount of time before that happens. In other words,

Deal with it.

Also, you guys are more lucky than Florida, Tokyo Attack (and any other arcade/game provider for events/cons) don't travel to Florida or to other states (currently), so you guys have one, possibly TWO chances (which would make this bi-annually) of playing not just DDR 2014, but IIDX PENDUAL, Pop N' Music lapistoria, SDVX III, jubeat saucer fulfill/prop, GF&DM, Taiko, hell they now have a DDR Extreme cabinet that is connected to e-amuse/Programmed World.

If I'm more patient to have to LEAVE this state in order to play these games, then there really should be no excuse for you. Even if you are still in school, I've met high schoolers who travel from Ohio to come down to Florida for anime cons. They've managed to save up money to go to these events however way they can. If you are THIS desperate on trying out a DDR machine, then use that desperation to travel to places/events that have it. Simple as that.

Post #33 · Posted at 2015-02-22 12:18:29am 9.1 years ago

Offline coffeelover239
348 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-26

Last updated: 2015-02-22 12:18am
Quote: Max
If Houston had support for a DDR 2013 kit, it would already be there. Trust me, if the amount of support was there, you guys would have had it.

I can't post any other information that has already been explained to you, We're basically picking at straws explaining to you how getting a kit + keeping it active in today's arcade scene is just not going to happen unless you are banking in cash and purchasing a machine won't even make a dent in your wallet.

If you have to wait annually for Tokyo Attack to bring their machines, then that's what you'll get until eventually a machine does get DDR 2014 installed in your area. It's not impossible, as I keep saying, it's just going to be an undetermined amount of time before that happens. In other words,

Deal with it.

Also, you guys are more lucky than Florida, Tokyo Attack (and any other arcade/game provider for events/cons) don't travel to Florida or to other states (currently), so you guys have one, possibly TWO chances (which would make this bi-annually) of playing not just DDR 2014, but IIDX PENDUAL, Pop N' Music lapistoria, SDVX III, jubeat saucer fulfill/prop, GF&DM, Taiko, hell they now have a DDR Extreme cabinet that is connected to e-amuse/Programmed World.

If I'm more patient to have to LEAVE this state in order to play these games, then there really should be no excuse for you. Even if you are still in school, I've met high schoolers who travel from Ohio to come down to Florida for anime cons. They've managed to save up money to go to these events however way they can. If you are THIS desperate on trying out a DDR machine, then use that desperation to travel to places/events that have it. Simple as that.

Oh, my god. WHY DOES IT FEEL LIKE NO ONE IS HELPING, YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN WHEN WE ARE ALL ALONE, NO ONE FUCKING DOES. We've gone backwards, and i'm just all over the place. It's a hopeless mess, and no one cares. See what I mean when I can't get support as to where to find a kit? It's just a never ending cycle. Now I can see why stopped playing DDR for a short while in my life. I've been wanting to get back into it, and a DDR 2014 Kit would help. But getting denied help, I swear to god, Everyone keeps saying the same crap, over, and over, and over again. IT NEVER ENDS. Also, aren't those e-amusement games connected to program world? Doesn't program world e amusement data expire if unused for a long period of time? Why has no one answered my question about that? I feel hopeless. No one is willing to open up. I've had enough, and we don't even know if Tokyo Attack is going to Anime Matsuri this year, they haven't give the ok yet, which they said they would do when got the information. DAMN IT. I feel like a mess right now.

I probably am, because of this dumb situation I got myself into.

Why did I even think this was a good idea? All this has done is filled me with so much hate. It's caused so much misery.

It seems like when that kit was going to be installed at UTBT, everyone supported that very quickly, yet when we try to do the same, we get shunned upon. No one is willing to help. We end up all alone. I don't want to badmouth anybody, I'm sure they are nice people in real life. It's just I hate how no one is willing to help us find a kit at all.

I need a drink.

Post #34 · Posted at 2015-02-22 12:25:45am 9.1 years ago

Offline TBLKitten
TBLKitten Avatar Member
549 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-01-29

"HAPPY☆SPENDY☆MONEY"

Last updated: 2015-02-22 12:26am
1: programmed world/e-amuse cards do not expire

2: round 1 has ties with konami and they allowed their machines to be connected to official e-amuse, not programmed world

i've tried to be as helpful as i can without seeming like a dick...it's kind of hard not to because you know, you really aren't the first person to ask these questions

also, stop overthinking it. it's literally not a big deal.

Post #35 · Posted at 2015-02-22 12:33:29am 9.1 years ago

Offline Sigrev2
Sigrev2 Avatar Member+
4,170 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-10-17

Nintendo Network ID: Sigrev2Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2884-7660-37993DS Friend Code: 3883-7652-3160
"suffering from success"
yes, no one is willing to help you
that's why people have spent the majority of this thread, and several pages in the let it out thread (and lord knows how many other threads i'm not aware of) trying to help you out by explaining things to you that, apparently, you just don't want to accept
being dense gets you nowhere, my friend

Post #36 · Posted at 2015-02-22 12:34:47am 9.1 years ago

Offline coffeelover239
348 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-26

Last updated: 2015-02-22 12:34am
1 Thank you
2 You've already told me that.

I feel like i'm going in circles. I'm trying, it's just, it's hard for me because of that stupid situation i brought upon myself. I feel like a fool for asking in the first place. Why didn't someone warn me that Kon was not, The guy to ask? That, and I feel all alone, like no one wants to help me get a kit in.

Quote: AnonyWolf
yes, no one is willing to help you
that's why people have spent the majority of this thread, and several pages in the let it out thread (and lord knows how many other threads i'm not aware of) trying to help you out by explaining things to you that, apparently, you just don't want to accept
being dense gets you nowhere, my friend

It's just those two threads.

Post #37 · Posted at 2015-02-22 12:42:24am 9.1 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

"Charlie isn't real"
It's not that we don't want to help you get a kit.

It's the simple fact that it's not as simple as 'kit > DDR machine > DDR 2014 > Arcade is happy > Done"

There are an INSANE number of reasons, many of which we have ALL explained to you why getting a kit is difficult, time-consuming, expensive, un-profitable, and overall just not the ideal way for keeping an arcade sustainable. DDR is currently not the biggest money maker in the arcades as it used to be. I'm sorry if I was too harsh on my previous post, but you just don't really seem to get it.

It's not easy getting a kit. It's not easy to have a kit and keep it profitable for an arcade to have. If there was support, would the support be enough to keep the machine alive?

Many of us have helped you, explained to you, directed to you a ton of information about all of this, but you're getting mad at us for explaining to you the business and logistics of the process of getting and maintaining a DDR machine in an arcade? If you're not willing to accept the feedback you've been getting then there really can't be any other way we can help you out.

Post #38 · Posted at 2015-02-22 12:42:55am 9.1 years ago

Offline TBLKitten
TBLKitten Avatar Member
549 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-01-29

"HAPPY☆SPENDY☆MONEY"
it's not that, it's the fact that you have no idea how difficult it is to obtain a kit for DDR 2013/14.

they are not sold publicly. at all, they are privately sold.

you also need card readers, certain hardware, and others; etc

it's really not worth trying, look; i don't really care at this point how bad you want the game, people are trying to get it in here and it's more difficult then you make it seem like it is. it is a LOT of work, etc.

i'm trying to just let it be known to you; it is a lot of frustrating, time consuming work to obtain a kit for that game. that is why people are very unlikely to help you because they have been working for several months trying to get their own as well.

Post #39 · Posted at 2015-02-22 12:47:43am 9.1 years ago

Offline coffeelover239
348 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-26

Quote: TBLKitten
it's not that, it's the fact that you have no idea how difficult it is to obtain a kit for DDR 2013/14.

they are not sold publicly. at all, they are privately sold.

you also need card readers, certain hardware, and others; etc

it's really not worth trying, look; i don't really care at this point how bad you want the game, people are trying to get it in here and it's more difficult then you make it seem like it is. it is a LOT of work, etc.

i'm trying to just let it be known to you; it is a lot of frustrating, time consuming work to obtain a kit for that game. that is why people are very unlikely to help you because they have been working for several months trying to get their own as well.

1 The thing is, I'm want to take the effort to get kit, if i have to go any length to get a kit, I will do it.
2 I know that
3 This is why I want the help.
4 That's why I feel alone.

Post #40 · Posted at 2015-02-22 12:50:24am 9.1 years ago

Offline Sigrev2
Sigrev2 Avatar Member+
4,170 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-10-17

"suffering from success"
Quote: Max
It's not easy to have a kit and keep it profitable for an arcade to have. If there was support, would the support be enough to keep the machine alive?
pretty much this.
you've gotta think about it in long term. aside from you and a some few other people, is there any desire for having a DDR 2014 machine in your local area? is that desire large enough to keep business going for the arcade? is that business large enough to make a profit on the machine? will the risks be worth it? will the hassle of setting everything up be worth it?
if only some people are going to play the machine, regardless of how badly they may want it, the truth of the matter is that the arcade itself isn't making a profit on it. and most arcades see that. ddr isn't a hot commodity anymore. you gotta realize that people want something different.
if there's a community for it in the area, then okay. is that community going to supply the profit needed for the arcade to make a benefit from it? i doubt it.
tl;dr, you're better off homebrewing it, as much as you don't want to. it's better than nothing.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-26 02:41:20
This page took 0.016 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language