Need help changing openitg settings to event mode

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2015-01-24 07:25:47am 9.1 years ago

Offline Sk
Sk Avatar Member
52 Posts
Australia
Reg. 2011-01-15

My open itg is stuck on arcade mode, and I need to change modes to preferably event mode so I can change resolution and keymaps.

If you can help me change it back it would be greatly appreciated. =)

Post #2 · Posted at 2015-01-24 08:46:38am 9.1 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Quote: Sk
My open itg is stuck on arcade mode, and I need to change modes to preferably event mode so I can change resolution and keymaps.

If you can help me change it back it would be greatly appreciated. =)

If you press "SCROLL LOCK" you should jump into the OPTIONS screen and from there find the option for # of songs per credit and change it to EVENT MODE.

You can also try pressing F3+1, I believe that will change modes so you can get off "PAY MODE" and go into "HOME MODE" where you can access options and go into EVENT that way.

You can also find Stepmania.ini in the DATA folder and find EventMode=0. Change it to EventMode=1 but ONLY when the game is NOT RUNNING. Then save and start the game.

Either of these three should work.

Post #3 · Posted at 2015-01-24 09:22:17am 9.1 years ago

Offline Sk
Sk Avatar Member
52 Posts
Australia
Reg. 2011-01-15

Okay I have managed to get to the options and change it to event mode so thanks for that. But in the options I can't change resolution or keymaps. I also do not have a stepmania.ini file in the openitg folder.

Post #4 · Posted at 2015-01-25 06:10:22am 9.1 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

If you can change to the HOME THEME you should be able to access those options such as keymaps and resolution.

Stepmania.ini is located in the DATA folder of the oITG directory.

You should also be able to manually enter keymaps or change themes, also in the DATA folder are, Keymaps.ini and GamePrefs.ini.

If you can't figure out how to change Themes, then go close oITG and open the GamePrefs.ini and change Theme=Groove 2.2 (or whatever it is) to Theme=Home
Then Save and start up oITG. oITG doesn't look good in widescreen, it's really only meant for an arcade 4x3 monitor at 1024x768 or something like that, it's based on StepMania 3.9 which didn't support HD resolution (I'm speaking from my ignorance though I've never been fond of oITG because of this but it looks fine on arcade displays).

Post #5 · Posted at 2015-03-02 06:24:05am 9 years ago

Offline curieroy
curieroy Avatar Member
1 Post
Not Set
Reg. 2015-03-02

But in the options I can't change resolution or keymaps. I also do not have a stepmania.ini file in the openitg folder.
Okay I have managed to get to the options and change it to event mode so thanks for that.
**SignaturE**
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 14:06:00
This page took 0.006 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language