Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2015-01-12 10:29:03pm 9.2 years ago

Offline dnbjedi
dnbjedi Avatar Member
55 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-05-06

Last updated: 2015-01-12 10:29pm
First of all, I apologize if this is a banal question or issue. I've been playing rhythm games for about ten years now and timing has become very important to me, one could say downright religious =P Jubeat is the game that seems to trouble me the most. I have the iPad Mini current generation.

I've been finding that adjusting my offset to -1, -2, has seemed to be the most appropriate adjustment. If there is anyone out there that can shed some light on the reason why a game/device would have negative timing at all, that would be cool. Perhaps player has adjusted to this timing for some reason? When I play IIDX on LR2 I calibrate the judge to -1 to -5 for some reason over and over with a usb keyboard and ASPI sound drivers.

So, when I am calibrating JuBeat the idea is for the click to happen as it hits the center of the tap firework animation right? (the up shooting firework with middle circle) Is there any method you guys use to calibrate your timing for various devices? Am I following for the clicks or the visual cue I mentioned? Are these offsets necessary for the iPad/iPhones? Does anyone know the numbers for the apples touchscreens? They should all follow some general offset shouldn't they?

One thing I Have noticed is that the iPhone has a much faster "touchrate". The screen seems to just be at a higher framerate or something. I scrounged up some "touchmarks" that put the iPhone at the top of the list.

http://www.cnet.com/news/touchmarks-tests-show-ipads-most-responsive-tablet-screens/
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/08/tablet-screen-speed-ipad-mini-kindle-fire

Any help/tips/explanations would be greatly respected and appreciated. Also, sorry again if any of these are trivial questions.

edit: no replies 60 views, ill assume this is a banal issue then for Apple Tech,, and just leave it at 0ms....
Pop'n Rhythmin ID: 1bbhujv
In Game: ffft

Post #2 · Posted at 2015-01-13 02:20:49am 9.2 years ago

Offline Tiger of PTS
Tiger of PTS Avatar Member
355 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-01-27

Game Center Nickname: Tiger?!?
"US Dancerush Shuffler"
Probably the same reason I have to set RB to -1 on my Air 1.

Whatever that reason may be.

Post #3 · Posted at 2015-01-13 05:55:25am 9.2 years ago

Offline dnbjedi
dnbjedi Avatar Member
55 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-05-06

yeah--- I just keep going back to -1! Question Mark
Cool
Pop'n Rhythmin ID: 1bbhujv
In Game: ffft
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-04-23 06:30:24
This page took 0.003 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language