Post #1 · Posted at 2014-11-22 01:37:44pm 9.3 years ago

Offline (F&T)
(F&T) Avatar Member
7 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-11-22

Hi everyone,

I'm new over here.
Just a quick introduction. I'm F&T, I never really had a dancing game nickname yet.
I'm a DDR and PIU player, mostly Pump It Up.

Lately you've probably all seen the PIU 2015 2nd Teaser.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG6ySTlUrHk

Since it came out I decided to make my own custom PIU 2015 preview simfiles out of it.
Basically to try to play the songs before the game comes out.

Notes:
- These are the first simfiles I ever made, so they're not that great
- The teaser is splitted in 2 parts / 2 songs
- No hold notes, because I tried to place them the first time, but suddenly my whole song and notes were out of sync
- Each song is either exactly the same as the original, or it's based on the original or it's completely custom made by me
- I made both songs in a few hours total
- These simfiles work with Stepmania 3.9/AMX/5
- Remember to credit F&T if you make a YouTube video or upload my files somewhere

I made these simfiles before actual gameplay was released of PIU 2015 Prime, only the short teaser and 2 long teasers were out. I didn't have forum accounts yet when I finished my simfiles. Now I see more PIU 2015 Prime videos every day.

Download my simfiles here:
#1 http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=05060791793795756036
#2 http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=05385622113710067988

Enjoy! Hope you like it, my first homemade simfiles.Wink

Post #2 · Posted at 2014-11-23 03:13:21am 9.3 years ago

Offline GariK+
GariK+ Avatar Member
108 Posts
Brazil
Reg. 2010-01-16

Just tried your simfiles... and unfortunately I gotta say that was not a good 'song' choice for a first simfile.
If you excuse me, I'll leave some feedback:

They are not properly synced (among other reasons) because each song in the teaser has its own BPM values, but both your files were set to run at a constant 180 BPM.
To compensate, you ignored proper beat placement and quantization... which are essential for a file to be appreciated by most.
(Did you use StepMania's Record function to create these simfiles? That would explain these issues.)

I had some issues with your step patterns' flow as well - as in, not knowing which foot is supposed to go where in a comfortable way - but I'd say timing and sync are much more essential to a file's enjoyability.

Sorry if that seemed harsh. I'd recommend that you try to learn the basics about syncing first and then attempt to step a song with a constant BPM. This guide might help.

You may also want to study properly synced files as well. This site has a large collection of good PIU simfiles.

This all might seem a lot of information at once, but I think it'll help you improve your files greatly.
There are some experienced step artist on this site, feel free to ask around for simfile making tips!

(Also, moderators, shouldn't this be moved to Simfile Discussion?)

Post #3 · Posted at 2014-11-24 03:50:21pm 9.3 years ago

Offline (F&T)
(F&T) Avatar Member
7 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-11-22

Last updated: 2014-11-24 03:51pm
Ok, thanks for the feedback and trying out my simfiles.
They were my first simfiles ever made, so of course you could expect something like this. I never followed any tutorial, I just started to make steps by feeling or by looking at the trailer.

I didn't know how to make holds, couldn't make BPM changes everytime and some patterns are pretty random or hard to play indeed. Yes, I used the record function. lol Total beginner on the editor.
Syncing the steps perfectly was hard, but it was close though. I was happy that some patterns actually looked like the real ones.

I usually play the original/actual arcade PIU charts, so I know what the good ones look like, but I can't make simfiles myself that good.
Thanks for the tips and stuff, I'll look into it when I make more files. Both of my files were made quickly in 1 day.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 09:02:28
This page took 0.004 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language