Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."

Last updated: 2014-10-14 12:35pm
Quote: PinkiePieGamer
I really would not use BMUS. Even if there is no alternative. The lack of timing configuration settings is what kills it. I dunno maybe just me

It's better than him spending wildly and not even liking the game after a while.

Post #22 · Posted at 2014-10-14 12:38:02pm 9.4 years ago

Offline BemaniHyper
BemaniHyper Avatar Member+
1,434 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-09-13

Well, for a first game, it's not horrible. But when you start to get better and need correct timing windows, it's time to get away from BMUS.

Post #23 · Posted at 2014-10-14 01:30:44pm 9.4 years ago

Offline OmnislashF8
OmnislashF8 Avatar Member+
250 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-05-30

"Cream of the crop"
Quote: PinkiePieGamer
I really would not use BMUS. Even if there is no alternative. The lack of timing configuration settings is what kills it.

Well the game is reminiscent of the older styles (pre 9th) so the only logical modifier is Hi Speed and even that is given the same limitations as the older games. So really it's not completely without merit given when it came out, but yes it is complete crap when it comes to everything else. At the very least you can determine if it's for you and at the end of the day have a good controller for whatever the future may hold.

Otherwise it sounds like he's going to be using a crap sim game on an OS that's not built for it and using a keyboard. Sounds. Like. Fun.
http://i.imgur.com/t3TdB.png

Post #24 · Posted at 2014-10-14 03:17:30pm 9.4 years ago

Offline Nix
Nix Avatar Banned
106 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2010-08-30

Last updated: 2014-10-14 03:17pm
I run Linux, and I was in the same boat as you. I had a surprising amount of success running Lunatic Rave 2 through Wine (latest version, 1.7 I believe). You'd imagine it would be a laggy piece of shit but it actually runs perfectly, so try giving that a go. I'm not sure how Wine works on Mac but I know it's available as one of my friends was running FL on his mac with it.

Post #25 · Posted at 2014-10-16 04:33:03am 9.4 years ago

Offline SPEEDBEATDUMBASS
SPEEDBEATDUMBASS Avatar Member
16 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-10-09

Quote: Nix
I run Linux, and I was in the same boat as you. I had a surprising amount of success running Lunatic Rave 2 through Wine (latest version, 1.7 I believe). You'd imagine it would be a laggy piece of shit but it actually runs perfectly, so try giving that a go. I'm not sure how Wine works on Mac but I know it's available as one of my friends was running FL on his mac with it.

Recently tried this, as it's easily available for Mac. LR2 actually has a "Garbage" compatibility rating on Wine; I don't know what you did to make it work, but it's not working for me.

Post #26 · Posted at 2015-01-28 12:00:53am 9.1 years ago

Offline Fighter19
Fighter19 Avatar Member
1 Post
Not Set
Reg. 2015-01-26

For completition:
StepMania owns a BMS interpreter, it's possible to play normal BMS files.
However you'll need to set the game to 'beat' and the compatibility to the theme gets decreased as no one is caring about it.
(Why SM if you have LR, most people have Win anyway, that's the thought).
Also I think you need to put the folders containing the song into a new folder which acts as a group (normally to create a better overview)

Post #27 · Posted at 2015-01-28 12:37:05am 9.1 years ago

Offline SPEEDBEATDUMBASS
SPEEDBEATDUMBASS Avatar Member
16 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-10-09

Quote: Fighter19
For completition:
StepMania owns a BMS interpreter, it's possible to play normal BMS files.
However you'll need to set the game to 'beat' and the compatibility to the theme gets decreased as no one is caring about it.
(Why SM if you have LR, most people have Win anyway, that's the thought).
Also I think you need to put the folders containing the song into a new folder which acts as a group (normally to create a better overview)

For now, I've been using StepMania 5 for a IIDX emulator. It's been working just fine ever since I figured out the DJTROOPERS theme I got for it, and, aside from regular graphics fuck-ups and when a BMS file has too many sounds, it's been working fine for me. I even got a USKOC, but I have, in fact been getting bits of input lag.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 06:29:19
This page took 0.005 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language