Offline 5outh5ide
5outh5ide Avatar Member
140 Posts
Indonesia
Reg. 2014-07-04

"BABY DON'T CARE"

Last updated: 2014-09-24 01:50pm
Quote: HaasiD
Home consoles have been around since the 70s bruh, perhaps the consumerism has changed, however, arcades still get a-plenty of visits.

Plenty of visits isn't enough of visits. Back then DDR was big, and attracted also a large amount of people as it was nothing like they had seen before. Now, it's just a forgotten part of pop culture for most people.

Quote: HaasiD
It is not a judicature. I simply wanted to bring to topic that people have been forgetting what the game is just about. And how people like you who claim that I am imposing such thought are perhaps the reason why there are no more players coming in.

You see, the game may have the word "Dance" in it, but it honestly doesn't give you the actual experience of dancing as you're confined to 4 or 8 arrows. As NEMEsetup said, this is not real dancing. Even if you're trying your hardest, you're not actually dancing.

I honestly have no problem with you preferring freestyle over the conventional way of playing.

What I have a problem is you coming over here, making moronic statements (waiting for that Paranoia Revolution Challenge freestyle video brah), pushing to us that we're "killing" the series just because we're not actually dancing, and also calling the people who disagree with your opinion "the reason why no more players are coming in." (they're not coming in because not a lot care about DDR anymore).

You may want to sound like the voice of reason here, but to be honest, you're coming off as a condescending douchebag.

Post #22 · Posted at 2014-09-24 02:56:56pm 9.5 years ago

Offline darkanine
darkanine Avatar Member+
1,332 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-30

"bing bong"
Dance Dance Revolution was lucky to get as popular as it did. I think the reason that it isn't popular anymore is because the gameplay is practically the same as it was 15 years ago. Its like Tetris. They have new versions of the game, but it will never be as popular as it was when it came out. Now they will probably keep releasing it in Japan for a while, but if they stop, we can still continue to play it.
https://i.imgur.com/SSjqpre.png
--EDMix1 -Future Festival- Stage 3 of 6 Released!--
⤑[PROGRESSIVE HOUSE] Gravity / Blackcode & Feerty ft. Marina Lin
⤑[PROGRESSIVE TRANCE] Chromosphere / Farius
⤑[UPLIFTING TRANCE] Stars Collide (XiJaro & Pitch Remix) / Somna & Jennifer Rene
⤑[PROGRESSIVE PSYTRANCE] You Might Get Lost / Julian Calor
⤑[BIG ROOM HARDSTYLE] Wake Up Call (Extended) / Hardwell

Post #23 · Posted at 2014-09-24 03:11:23pm 9.5 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
Chime in the talk about first person shooters and how if you've played one you've played them all.

Post #24 · Posted at 2014-09-24 05:52:17pm 9.5 years ago

Offline polarbearjosh
polarbearjosh Avatar Member
570 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-06-30

Quote: darkanine
Dance Dance Revolution was lucky to get as popular as it did. I think the reason that it isn't popular anymore is because the gameplay is practically the same as it was 15 years ago.

They have enhanced the gameplay a little bit with freeze arrows and shock arrows over the years but I guess that wasn't enough.

Polar Bears and BEMANI Forever!!!!Laughing Out Loud
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-24 22:22:11
This page took 0.006 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language