Logo

[SM 5.0.7+] METRO QUAD X | REVISION 9.6.0 (WIP Theme)

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #21 · Posted at 2015-05-25 11:56:40pm 8.9 years ago

Offline tc3
tc3 Avatar Member
156 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-16

Tried to download and it spammed my computer. Still don't have the theme.
"This Ain't A Scene, It's A Legs Race"Shocked

Post #22 · Posted at 2015-11-03 07:12:00pm 8.5 years ago

Offline AxelWasHere
AxelWasHere Avatar Member
1,585 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-07-13

"No."

Last updated: 2015-11-03 07:14pm
Link is down for the theme.

Found This on Google:
https://github.com/Ov3rHell3XoduZ/MetroQuadX
His github.
https://i.imgur.com/vnrpBDk.gif

Post #23 · Posted at 2015-11-03 09:30:39pm 8.5 years ago

Offline Th3_Ov3rHell_3XoduZ
Th3_Ov3rHell_3XoduZ Avatar Member
313 Posts
Chile
Reg. 2012-09-13

"ITG, The Best Dance Machine!"
Quote: AxelWasHere
Link is down for the theme.

Found This on Google:
https://github.com/Ov3rHell3XoduZ/MetroQuadX
His github.

Ty, yeah. That is the official link now, I moved to GitHub, also Im gonna update the post when the official release is done.
Quote: Released Themes for SM5 Beta 3
Quote: Released Themes for SM5 Beta 4 & 5.0.7
Quote: Simfles Packs Released

Post #24 · Posted at 2015-11-20 11:44:02pm 8.4 years ago

Offline AxelWasHere
1,585 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-07-13

"No."
Online play screen really needs to be updated on this. :L Hard to tell what difficulty that im playing.

Post #25 · Posted at 2015-11-20 11:49:30pm 8.4 years ago

313 Posts
Chile
Reg. 2012-09-13

Online play screen really needs to be updated on this. :L Hard to tell what difficulty that im playing.

Corresponding to the GitHub link... Well yeah, I havent touched nothing yet for the Online Play. I really have to fix and re-edit almost everything from the Online Play. Since my priority is the Offline mode.

Actually, I have to update the repository with some editions I have made, likes a new way to set the configurations for the Theme, Theme Slots per Profile instead per Player, etc.

Post #26 · Posted at 2015-12-20 03:26:02am 8.3 years ago

Offline md9r
md9r Avatar Member
7 Posts
China
Reg. 2015-11-18

Last updated: 2015-12-20 03:29am
Yes. I can see a lot of energy into this, but it is only in ScreenSelectMusic too much information. In addition, ScreenGameplay, game statistics may have been better presented as beatmania pacemaker. And before you shout, "You know nothing about the topic. Why should I care what you think?", No need to get too defensive about, no, I do not hate all the SM5 theme.
MD9R Project Simfiles:
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/555c/4rgmvb41fnwsw7bzg.jpg
Sorry, English is very poor. The help of the translator Cry

Post #27 · Posted at 2015-12-20 03:31:53am 8.3 years ago

313 Posts
Chile
Reg. 2012-09-13

Quote: md9r
Yes. I can see a lot of energy into this, but it is only in ScreenSelectMusic too much information. In addition, ScreenGameplay, game statistics may have been better presented as beatmania pacemaker. And before you shout, "You know nothing about the topic. Why should I care what you think?", No need to get too defensive a.

Ok.... Anyway, about the PaceMaker I pass because the Theme already has its corresponding elements in ScreenGameplay so theres no space to put a pacemaker likes others Themes. About the ScreenSelectMusic, I have made editions because I also didnt liked how it looked likes before, now at my opinnion it looks better. But I have to make more editions until i'll update the Repository.

Features likes Custom Songs List, Mission Mode, Updated Easter Eggs and Achievements per profile will be available when I update the repository.

Post #28 · Posted at 2015-12-21 09:45:01am 8.3 years ago

Offline Jousway
Jousway Avatar Member
137 Posts
Netherlands
Reg. 2011-07-12

"Noteskins !== Quality "
this has to be one of my fav themes out there, cuz it looks p good, just sayin~
Its not a bug its a FEATURE!
http://i.imgur.com/AnyqNAJ.gif?1

Post #29 · Posted at 2015-12-21 01:55:28pm 8.3 years ago

313 Posts
Chile
Reg. 2012-09-13

Quote: Jousway
this has to be one of my fav themes out there, cuz it looks p good, just sayin~
Thanks you. Im so excited to update the repository very soon to let people test the Theme with the few new Visual changes and the new features I have already added to it. I will be waiting any feedback later.

The next step. Update this post with Info about every aspect of my Theme.

Post #30 · Posted at 2015-12-21 04:07:36pm 8.3 years ago

Offline AxelWasHere
1,585 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-07-13

"No."
Currently use this theme as well, Even though using it online is a pain because of the lack of Difficulties showing, Its a VERY good theme.

Post #31 · Posted at 2015-12-23 01:31:19am 8.3 years ago

313 Posts
Chile
Reg. 2012-09-13

Finally I have updated the repository to the most up to date Revision of Metro Quad X. I'm so tired to write more so please Check the main Thread to read all the whole Information and download link.

Please remember to comment any bug/opinnion/idea, etc. Thanks to everyone who has helped me and to anyone who uses my Theme.

Post #32 · Posted at 2015-12-23 04:17:30pm 8.3 years ago

Offline AxelWasHere
1,585 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-07-13

"No."

Last updated: 2015-12-23 04:40pm
Quote: Th3_Ov3rHell_3XoduZ
Finally I have updated the repository to the most up to date Revision of Metro Quad X. I'm so tired to write more so please Check the main Thread to read all the whole Information and download link.

Please remember to comment any bug/opinnion/idea, etc. Thanks to everyone who has helped me and to anyone who uses my Theme.

YES! Downloading right away!

EDIT:One of my favorite themes has been finally updated and it is amazing, It is finally usable for online play, and its perfect.
I haven't found anything wrong as of my gameplay except for the overlapping in the Song packs under mission mode but that is it. This is great. Thank you for making this theme I haven't seen a theme like this for Stepmania 5! Very creative theme. Thanks!

Post #33 · Posted at 2015-12-23 05:04:07pm 8.3 years ago

313 Posts
Chile
Reg. 2012-09-13

Quote: Th3_Ov3rHell_3XoduZ

YES! Downloading right away!

EDIT:One of my favorite themes has been finally updated and it is amazing, It is finally usable for online play, and its perfect.
I haven't found anything wrong as of my gameplay except for the overlapping in the Song packs under mission mode but that is it. This is great. Thank you for making this theme I haven't seen a theme like this for Stepmania 5! Very creative theme. Thanks!

Thanks you for your comment. I'm glad that people likes you really likes my Theme. I still need to continue to working but at least this is the most up to date revision.

Post #34 · Posted at 2015-12-25 12:05:55am 8.3 years ago

Offline dbk2
dbk2 Avatar Member
332 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2012-04-30

Last updated: 2015-12-25 12:07am
This is really, really impressive. You've clearly put a lot of time and effort into this theme. Every screen is filled with practical information.

I like the bundled NoteSkin, too! It looks like the StomperZ NoteSkin. Very nice! Smile

Post #35 · Posted at 2015-12-25 01:12:19am 8.3 years ago

313 Posts
Chile
Reg. 2012-09-13

Quote: dbk2
This is really, really impressive. You've clearly put a lot of time and effort into this theme. Every screen is filled with practical information.

I like the bundled NoteSkin, too! It looks like the StomperZ NoteSkin. Very nice! Smile

Big Grin Big Grin Thanks you so much dbk2, I really appreciate your comment. And yes you right... I did that noteskin inspired on that one from StomperZ.

Post #36 · Posted at 2015-12-25 05:13:57pm 8.3 years ago

Offline Mad Matt
Mad Matt Avatar Member
65 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-10-26

I'm impressed by how far you've come since you first started.

I took a look at some of your code, out of curiosity, and I have a few comments:

Use more abstraction. It helps a lot with maintainability.

For example:
You have 14 ModPanel screens that all have very similar code. Perhaps write a Def.ModPanel function that takes a table of the form
t[key] = { key position, key function } and handle most of the repeated code, and then each screen only has to declare where each key is and what it does.

Also, your mod panel screen is class ScreenSelectMusic. I'm not sure why you chose that class, but using AddNewScreenToTop to put a ScreenSelectMusic on top of a ScreenSelectMusic sounds wasteful at best, and potentially dangerous.

Honestly, I'd recommend avoiding the use of AddNewScreenToTop at all if possible in favor of lua-based inputs.

Post #37 · Posted at 2015-12-25 05:36:48pm 8.3 years ago

313 Posts
Chile
Reg. 2012-09-13

Quote: Mad Matt
I'm impressed by how far you've come since you first started.

I took a look at some of your code, out of curiosity, and I have a few comments:

Use more abstraction. It helps a lot with maintainability.

For example:
You have 14 ModPanel screens that all have very similar code. Perhaps write a Def.ModPanel function that takes a table of the form
t[key] = { key position, key function } and handle most of the repeated code, and then each screen only has to declare where each key is and what it does.

Also, your mod panel screen is class ScreenSelectMusic. I'm not sure why you chose that class, but using AddNewScreenToTop to put a ScreenSelectMusic on top of a ScreenSelectMusic sounds wasteful at best, and potentially dangerous.

Honestly, I'd recommend avoiding the use of AddNewScreenToTop at all if possible in favor of lua-based inputs.

Well, thanks you so much for your comment Matt, I really appreciate your words. I have improved my "skills" since I started with this Theme, a lot of parts of this Theme were made inspired on your Game, for example the Double Life that I don't know why, I really love it.

About the ModPanel screens, well yeah. At the beginning when I decided to add something like ModPanels similar to your Game, I was trying to figure it out how to start. So since I found AddNewScreenToTop() I finally got it with what thing I should start.

I'm gonna take your comment about creating that Def.ModPanel function, since I still looking for differents ways to rewrite the same code but with more efficiency. Thanks for that.

And about the last thing, When I entered to a ModPanel screen via AddNewScreenToTop() the song music inmediately stop sounding. The only way I figure it out was putting the same class type to the ScreenModPanel screen and since it makes all the elements of ScreenSelectMusic duplicate I decided to remove code or use visible,true. Everything to dissapear the duplicated elements.

But how I already said, I am still working on it and if I have to rewrite something I'll do it. Again thanks you for your comments and tips to make my Theme even better.

Post #38 · Posted at 2015-12-25 05:55:19pm 8.3 years ago

Offline Mad Matt
Mad Matt Avatar Member
65 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-10-26

Music is stopped in one of two ways: StopMusic and PlayMusic( <blank path> ).

ScreenWithMenuElements will call PlayMusic( < Sounds/<screen name> music> ) if the metric "PlayMusic" is set true, but at first glance it looks like it won't stop the current music if the PlayMusic metric is false. I don't see any relevant calls to StopMusic, so that is probably what was causing your issue. Give that a try with an otherwise blank screen and see if it works.

Post #39 · Posted at 2015-12-25 06:15:14pm 8.3 years ago

313 Posts
Chile
Reg. 2012-09-13

Quote: Mad Matt
Music is stopped in one of two ways: StopMusic and PlayMusic( <blank path> ).

ScreenWithMenuElements will call PlayMusic( < Sounds/<screen name> music> ) if the metric "PlayMusic" is set true, but at first glance it looks like it won't stop the current music if the PlayMusic metric is false. I don't see any relevant calls to StopMusic, so that is probably what was causing your issue. Give that a try with an otherwise blank screen and see if it works.

Oh well thanks for that information. I'm gonna give it a try!

Post #40 · Posted at 2016-01-23 09:23:30pm 8.2 years ago

Offline GI Jeremiah
GI Jeremiah Avatar Member
8 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2013-04-26

I just picked this up, and whenever I try to set my preferences on the first boot, Stepmania crashes.

Any ideas on why this happens and what can I do about it?
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-05-07 04:56:19
This page took 0.015 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language