Logo

BeatX - DDR/Stepmania in your pocket (Android)

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #21 · Posted at 2014-09-09 03:12:03pm 9.6 years ago

Offline BeatManiacGame
BeatManiacGame Avatar Member
24 Posts
Slovakia
Reg. 2014-09-03

Last updated: 2014-09-09 03:13pm
Quote: Nikoboivin
Great! I'll try it tomorrow night as soon as it comes in and let you know how it went! Plus I've just been asked to make a new metal pad for a friend, so I'll probably use it as a test platform for the new pad too once I've confirmed a regular pad works fine.

Because quite frankly, If that works, it means unplugging the HTPC at the same time than the NES - SNES - N64 & PS1 from the living room tv and replacing them all by one cute little box. Now that would mean quite a lot of extra space and a happy GF that's currently confused by all these inputs on the tv. ;)

If the dance pad is recognized as keyboard or game controller it should always work.. if not you have to root your Android and install a proper driver.
That should not be a problem for you.

Yeah, i kinda liked how small/invisible my setup was with just a Rikomagic (Android HDMI dongle) behind the TV and just a dance pad connected Smile

Care to share some pics of the metal dance pad you are making?
I would like to know what you are using as input/usb converter.

Post #22 · Posted at 2014-09-10 01:48:09am 9.6 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Last updated: 2014-09-10 02:03am
I love this program, got my metal pads working in game. Love that I can output HDMI to my TV and connect wirelessly through bluetooth the only HUGE problem is, lack of 2nd Player support...

I was thinking I could take this instead of my PC to events but gotta be able to at least allow two players or more. Otherwise it's really cool. Also the timing for dropping a hold is crazy.

EDIT: Both my pads are connected to a single bluetooth micro keyboard, although I tested and I can connect two different keyboards if I wanted to but I used one keyboard for both pads to make things tidy.

Post #23 · Posted at 2014-09-10 08:32:58am 9.6 years ago

Offline BeatManiacGame
24 Posts
Slovakia
Reg. 2014-09-03

Quote: hellrazor
I love this program, got my metal pads working in game. Love that I can output HDMI to my TV and connect wirelessly through bluetooth the only HUGE problem is, lack of 2nd Player support...

I was thinking I could take this instead of my PC to events but gotta be able to at least allow two players or more. Otherwise it's really cool. Also the timing for dropping a hold is crazy.

EDIT: Both my pads are connected to a single bluetooth micro keyboard, although I tested and I can connect two different keyboards if I wanted to but I used one keyboard for both pads to make things tidy.

Hm.. the hold drops are set to 250ms from when the button/pad is released and roll drops to 300ms from when the button/pad is pressed - that is how it is also in stepmania/ddr or am i wrong?

The multiplayer/8line options
- i wanted to do double-solo,.. but that would only work on landscape mode / touch
- multiplayer - since there are very few people that were connecting a dance mat to the game and i did not know about any possibility to connect two dance mats at once (my dancemat repports as keyboard and two dancemats would map to same keyboard inputs) i thought that was not an option for android.. might rethink this

For multiplayer
- I wanted to do tournaments - creator picks few songs and time frame when tournament finishes - whoever has the highest score wins + gets some kind of points
- challenges where you challenge a specific person to get a better score in one specific song/difficulty (you could specify number of retries)

there are many ideas that i have for the game, but there is just not enough time considering i have other full time job to do Smile

Post #24 · Posted at 2014-09-10 02:37:03pm 9.6 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Sorry, I just feel like I drop holds really fast but I am used to playing on C550 so that's probably why.

For the dance pads I mapped the 8-arrows to QWERTYUI and Start to OP. For the dance pad I play on the whole pad shares a common ground so I could only use one line in the keyboard thus no Back buttons on the dance pads, but for most dance pads they have separate grounds and I could more easily connect two or more pads to a single keyboard if I wanted to.

Post #25 · Posted at 2014-09-19 02:01:37pm 9.5 years ago

Offline BeatManiacGame
24 Posts
Slovakia
Reg. 2014-09-03

Last updated: 2014-09-19 02:07pm
Sorry, I just feel like I drop holds really fast but I am used to playing on C550 so that's probably why.

For the dance pads I mapped the 8-arrows to QWERTYUI and Start to OP. For the dance pad I play on the whole pad shares a common ground so I could only use one line in the keyboard thus no Back buttons on the dance pads, but for most dance pads they have separate grounds and I could more easily connect two or more pads to a single keyboard if I wanted to.

That's a great idea! Hmm I think I will borrow the rikomagic android pm again and do some experiments :-)

AND Announcers support in BeatManiac comming!

It will support the Announcer packs from Stepmania.
I have all the combos + grades and some of the game start/end sounds.

Here is a link to article with mods

Is there anything you would like to suggest?

Hello everyone!

As promised - Support for Stepmania Announcer packs is ready for roll out (Go to Help/Settings/Mods to learn more)

Expect update from Google Play within 1-2 days

Also includes
- New Leaderboard based on ITG % score
- Full audio redesign! - enable audio in Settings (Note icon)
- Next/Prev buttons to song info screen
- New song pack in download section

ENJOY!

Post #26 · Posted at 2014-09-19 02:09:37pm 9.5 years ago

Offline razorblade
razorblade Avatar Member
1,099 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-03-01

I hope that noteskins can be selectable and use animated sprites like in StepMania and PSP Revo.

Post #27 · Posted at 2014-09-19 08:00:38pm 9.5 years ago

Offline BeatManiacGame
24 Posts
Slovakia
Reg. 2014-09-03

Quote: razorblade
I hope that noteskins can be selectable and use animated sprites like in StepMania and PSP Revo.

Hello, note skins are not yet done.. There is a lot that has to be done earlier..
And I'm just a single guy doing this as an indie project...

I could possibly allow custom themes but they would not be compatible with stepmania, and I'm not sure if there would be anyone willing to create a custom theme (if anyone would like to make a theme feel free to contact me!) so not worth the effort yet...

Also the game is currently optimized for the slower GPU's and allowing themes would brake that...
I guess you have to wait until this comes on top of the too list ;)

Post #28 · Posted at 2014-09-24 03:09:41am 9.5 years ago

Offline HaasiD
HaasiD Avatar Member
9 Posts
Puerto Rico
Reg. 2014-09-23
MySpace: HaasiD
I will when I get my tablet back Big Grin
HeavyChallengeMy current Hand powerChallengeHeavy
StandardLightMy Current Foot PowerLightStandard
Gotta love:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/266/1/e/output_iofot5_by_haashiaos-d80b13t.gif

Post #29 · Posted at 2014-10-28 01:14:04pm 9.4 years ago

Offline BeatManiacGame
24 Posts
Slovakia
Reg. 2014-09-03

Last updated: 2014-10-28 01:42pm
Quote: HaasiD
I will when I get my tablet back Big Grin
Let me know what you think then..

There is also a new update available on Google play including:

- Added new announcers for the health bar (Good/Hot/Danger)
- Added progress information during smzip/zip unpack
- Added code to keep the screen on all the time
- Fixed bug where difficulty could not be changed for DWI files
- Fixed bug where sm files with no song specified in #MUSIC tag would not load
- Fixed bug where smzip/zip file would not unpack automatically by BeatManiac
- Faster load of sm/dwi files

oh and BTW - anyone tried the Announcer pack support? Would like to see some feedback there Smile

You can download some packs here

Beat Maniac becomes BeatX and is now better then ever!

http://i58.tinypic.com/34ipu29.jpg

- Now with even better support for custom SM/DWI levels
- New, awesome and fast user interface
- Improved landscape orientation
- Better controls and even more button layouts

Play for FREE or unlock full version for only 0.50$ to remove Custom Song Delay, Ads and support the development.

...................Remember to rate!...................
http://i59.tinypic.com/2eao503.jpg
.................Get it on Google play.................

To learn more why I had to re-brand Beat Maniac click here or contact me via beatx@maniacs.sk

Limited offer : The price of full version is dropped to 0.50$ to help you reclaim your Beat Maniac purchase and lasts for the first 2000 purchases or till 1.12.2014 (what ever comes last)

Post #30 · Posted at 2014-10-28 04:56:45pm 9.4 years ago

Offline McPluto
McPluto Avatar Member
87 Posts
Netherlands
Reg. 2014-04-30

Last updated: 2014-10-28 04:56pm
I've deleted the Beat Maniac files and it still won't start up...

Post #31 · Posted at 2014-10-29 02:41:14am 9.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Works great for me, uninstalled Beat Maniac and downloaded BeatX, also it was $0.99 to unlock it this time a super bargain heck $5 for what the app does was a great price.

Post #32 · Posted at 2014-10-29 09:12:15am 9.4 years ago

Offline BeatManiacGame
24 Posts
Slovakia
Reg. 2014-09-03

Last updated: 2014-10-29 09:13am
Quote: McPluto
I've deleted the Beat Maniac files and it still won't start up...

Hm.. does the app crash?
If yes please send the standard android crash report, i will see what's wrong in my dev console.

If not, could you send me more info about what device you are using?
Also please check if there is enough space on your device..

I will fix this as soon as i have enough info to do so..

Works great for me, uninstalled Beat Maniac and downloaded BeatX, also it was $0.99 to unlock it this time a super bargain heck $5 for what the app does was a great price.

Yes, i dropped the price as low as the Google play Store allows so you can reclaim the Beat Maniac purchases with lowest price possible.. ;)

Post #33 · Posted at 2014-10-30 06:38:18pm 9.4 years ago

Offline McPluto
McPluto Avatar Member
87 Posts
Netherlands
Reg. 2014-04-30

It's ok, we exchanged e-mails and I found myself a solution. Awesome app, keep it up!

Post #34 · Posted at 2014-11-05 05:37:25pm 9.4 years ago

Offline Nikoboivin
Nikoboivin Avatar Member
3 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-09-09

Sorry for the (over a month) delay... Had a few unforseen events happening that prevented me from trying it before.

On the Ouya, the application starts but quickly stops due to some google play store validation. I'll have to install the play store and try again on this one. If it still fails, I'll give you the exact error I'm getting.

Regarding the pad, the PS1/USB adapter I'm using doesn't seem to work with android, so I'll have to try something else on that front.

I'll keep you posted, luckily in a matter of days rather than months. Smile

Post #35 · Posted at 2014-11-05 11:41:25pm 9.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Last updated: 2014-11-05 11:42pm
Regarding the pad, the PS1/USB adapter I'm using doesn't seem to work with android, so I'll have to try something else on that front.
Use a bluetooth mini keyboard and connect your dance pad to it, works soooo good and its wireless plus you could theoretically connect two (heck even five) dance pads to one keyboard..

Post #36 · Posted at 2014-11-07 11:38:48am 9.4 years ago

Offline BeatManiacGame
24 Posts
Slovakia
Reg. 2014-09-03

Last updated: 2014-11-07 11:38am
Use a bluetooth mini keyboard and connect your dance pad to it, works soooo good and its wireless plus you could theoretically connect two (heck even five) dance pads to one keyboard..

Great idea!

Sorry for the (over a month) delay... Had a few unforseen events happening that prevented me from trying it before.

On the Ouya, the application starts but quickly stops due to some google play store validation. I'll have to install the play store and try again on this one. If it still fails, I'll give you the exact error I'm getting.

I'll keep you posted, luckily in a matter of days rather than months. Smile

Hello,.. thanx for testing on ouya..
you can send me the error anyway (to beatx@maniacs.sk).. maybe i can do something about it..

About the play store validation - that is most probably a copy protection - you can only instal directly from Google play (e.g. Google play market has to be installed on the device)

Post #37 · Posted at 2014-11-07 12:51:58pm 9.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Last updated: 2014-11-07 12:52pm
FYI, I just uploaded a video using BeatX on my cell phone, it's on the facebook/precisiondancepads page.

We sell bluetooth wireless controllers for the Omega series dance pads, the video showed the dance pad connected to the cell phone wirelessly and playing BeatX. I really should have played through my tablet with HDMI output to the TV but I just used the phone because at home I just play StepMania on my PC, the tablet is the backup plan for hotel workout room hookups but BeatX is soo good.

Post #38 · Posted at 2014-11-14 10:12:19am 9.4 years ago

Offline BeatManiacGame
24 Posts
Slovakia
Reg. 2014-09-03

FYI, I just uploaded a video using BeatX on my cell phone, it's on the facebook/precisiondancepads page.

We sell bluetooth wireless controllers for the Omega series dance pads, the video showed the dance pad connected to the cell phone wirelessly and playing BeatX. I really should have played through my tablet with HDMI output to the TV but I just used the phone because at home I just play StepMania on my PC, the tablet is the backup plan for hotel workout room hookups but BeatX is soo good.

The video is a bit clunky but nice.. Smile
Would be awesome if you would not need the keyboard to enter the numbers during pairing and close the assembly in to some better looking box (and attach it directly to dance mat)

Maybe if you map the numbers as dance mat arrows so you could punch in directly via dance mat (plus add number labels to the pads).. what do you think?

Can the number keys be pressed all at once?

Post #39 · Posted at 2014-12-06 06:25:46am 9.3 years ago

Offline darkanine
darkanine Avatar Member+
1,332 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-30

"bing bong"

Last updated: 2014-12-06 05:59pm
I finally got the time and money to buy this game and I love it! Green Grin
Two things though. Could you make an option to set the freeze arrow No Good delay. I always let go too early because I'm not used to playing in on a touchscreen. If you could, that would be super helpful!

Also if you could create a special touch sensor mapping for cross as follows, it would make it be much easier to play when using thumbs. NOTE: The white gaps between lines is only there because of spacing, I do not want spacing between the sensors at all, but I don't want them to overlap either.

|screen width-|
|██████| ■=UP SENSOR
|██████| =LEFT =RIGHT
|██████| ■=DOWN SENSOR

If you could do that, that would be AWESOME Very Happy
https://i.imgur.com/SSjqpre.png
--EDMix1 -Future Festival- Stage 3 of 6 Released!--
⤑[PROGRESSIVE HOUSE] Gravity / Blackcode & Feerty ft. Marina Lin
⤑[PROGRESSIVE TRANCE] Chromosphere / Farius
⤑[UPLIFTING TRANCE] Stars Collide (XiJaro & Pitch Remix) / Somna & Jennifer Rene
⤑[PROGRESSIVE PSYTRANCE] You Might Get Lost / Julian Calor
⤑[BIG ROOM HARDSTYLE] Wake Up Call (Extended) / Hardwell

Post #40 · Posted at 2014-12-06 10:12:33pm 9.3 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Last updated: 2014-12-06 10:14pm
Quote: BeatManiacGame
The video is a bit clunky but nice.. Smile
Would be awesome if you would not need the keyboard to enter the numbers during pairing and close the assembly in to some better looking box (and attach it directly to dance mat)

Maybe if you map the numbers as dance mat arrows so you could punch in directly via dance mat (plus add number labels to the pads).. what do you think?

Can the number keys be pressed all at once?
I mapped the arrows to keyboard letters not numbers, the number keys have to be functional to tie the bluetooth keyboard to the device. I do have boxes to put the bluetooth keyboard in, I can't put them into the dance pad directly because it has to be accessible for charging, plus to connect the device, and I don't want a circuit board in the dance pad because it can get stepped on and break, plus our circuit boards are modular, if I wanted to play on my PS2 I can unplug one box and plug in another.

All inputs can be pressed at the same time confirmed..

Some people have asked for wireless control boxes in order to connect their dance pad to their computer that was in another room, such as if the computer connected to a TV in the family room but was physically located in a closet with wires in the wall, the dance pad won't have to run a USB cable across the room, it can connect via. bluetooth and play StepMania on the TV.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 8% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-20 01:42:01
This page took 0.019 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language