Logo

DDR background videos won't loop in the scripts! (Updated; still need a bit of help though)

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2014-08-21 07:15:53am 9.6 years ago

Offline midnightclubx
midnightclubx Avatar Member
1,082 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-06

Last updated: 2014-08-21 07:16am
I recently finished copying and getting most of the DDR Extreme arcade scripts from ddr.bircd.org into every song, and went into edit mode to make the changes work, but when I play the songs, they work, but when it reaches the end of the video in the script, it will not loop, and when the same video is supposed to play later in the script, it doesn't replay the video.

I'm new to scripting the bg videos here, and I don't know if I'm supposed to do something extra or not (like if there's an option to make the randommovies loop by default for the scripts or something). >>

UPDATE 1: I noticed something in the scripts, that when I was looking at the last number of each video that plays in the sequence
(i.e. #BGCHANGES:15.750=square3.avi=0.5=1=0=0,23.750=square3r.avi=1.5=0=0=0,31.750=wave2.avi=1=0=0=0, etc.) that last digit determines whether or not the video should loop. I decided to experiment on one of the DDRMAX2 songs (A Little Bit of Ecstacy) and replaced every last digit with 1 so it showed, "#BGCHANGES:15.750=square3.avi=0.5=1=0=1 etc." and it worked perfectly normal.

I don't know if there's a glitch or what in Stepmania that automatically assumes all the videos in the script should not loop, but it's a bit annoying that I might have to go into every single .sm file for MAX-EXTREME and tinker with those numbers, one by one. x-x is there an easier/less time-consuming way to do this, or is there an updated script that has all the official scripts working properly? >>
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-24 07:23:40
This page took 0.002 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language