Post #41 · Posted at 2014-08-08 04:50:29am 9.7 years ago

Offline amorite
amorite Avatar Member
453 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-17

"_sessu#0802"
This post will appear on the next page!

I'm late to this party, but has anyone ever gotten an email back from a recording company giving permission to use their songs in simfiles? I'm talking about larger bands rather than internet artists.

Back when I created a lot of simfiles, I was seriously considering sending emails to the companies that owned the songs I was going to use, but I gave up the idea. I doubt any larger recording company would care enough to work with someone who planned to distribute their music to dozens of people at the most.
Check out my simfiles:
Pulsemix 1st Style (Currently being remastered)
Pulsemix 2nd Style (Complete, 25 songs)
Pulsemix 3rd Style (Ongoing, 19 songs)

Post #42 · Posted at 2014-08-08 05:13:15am 9.7 years ago

Offline darkanine
darkanine Avatar Member+
1,332 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-06-30

"bing bong"
Quote: amorite
This post will appear on the next page!

I'm late to this party, but has anyone ever gotten an email back from a recording company giving permission to use their songs in simfiles? I'm talking about larger bands rather than internet artists.

Back when I created a lot of simfiles, I was seriously considering sending emails to the companies that owned the songs I was going to use, but I gave up the idea. I doubt any larger recording company would care enough to work with someone who planned to distribute their music to dozens of people at the most.
Well I don't think a record company would ever respond to an email from a stupid little thing such as simfiles. And if they responded back saying yes, people would take that much farther than the company wants to. If they said no, they would have to enforce it which costs valuable green paper. If they didn't respond, we would just continue what we are doing, and no problems would be caused.
What do you think they would do.
https://i.imgur.com/SSjqpre.png
--EDMix1 -Future Festival- Stage 3 of 6 Released!--
⤑[PROGRESSIVE HOUSE] Gravity / Blackcode & Feerty ft. Marina Lin
⤑[PROGRESSIVE TRANCE] Chromosphere / Farius
⤑[UPLIFTING TRANCE] Stars Collide (XiJaro & Pitch Remix) / Somna & Jennifer Rene
⤑[PROGRESSIVE PSYTRANCE] You Might Get Lost / Julian Calor
⤑[BIG ROOM HARDSTYLE] Wake Up Call (Extended) / Hardwell
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-04-25 10:28:58
This page took 0.005 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language