Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2014-07-09 04:06:32am 9.7 years ago

Offline dedge25
dedge25 Avatar Member
2 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-07-09

Hello all,

So I recently purchased a DDR Supernova arcade machine, but the back 3 panels on 1P side don't seem to work.
So far I have ruled out a few things...
-The sensors are good. I have tried them on different arrows that I know work with out issue.
-When I plug any of the back 3 into the front arrows socket on the PCB in the pad itself they work.

So my thoughts are it is either a bad PCB board in the pad, or something is off with the arcade machine itself. Was hoping someone has run into this issue before and would be able to help or point me in the right direction. If anyone wants more info or pics let me know.

Thanks!

Post #2 · Posted at 2014-07-10 03:05:28am 9.7 years ago

Offline yesimnathan
yesimnathan Avatar Member
6 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-05-07

I'm assuming you mean the left, right, and down arrows? I've not seen/heard of a pad IO board going bad but I suppose it's possible. When booting SuperNOVA, does it say "FOOT PANEL OK" or whatever? If so, the EXT-IO is communicating properly with the pad IO boards. That will say "BAD" otherwise.

I'd say it's much more likely that things either aren't connected correctly (in the cabinet) or the wiring is off on the jamma. Could you take pictures of the python2, ext-io, and the connections between them?

Post #3 · Posted at 2014-07-11 05:02:15am 9.7 years ago

Offline dedge25
dedge25 Avatar Member
2 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-07-09

Looks like it was the JAMMA connection on the Python connection. Unplugged it, blew it out real good, and plugged it back in, and now everything is working good!

Thanks for the reply and idea!

Post #4 · Posted at 2014-07-11 11:23:45am 9.7 years ago

Offline yesimnathan
yesimnathan Avatar Member
6 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-05-07

Quote: dedge25
Looks like it was the JAMMA connection on the Python connection. Unplugged it, blew it out real good, and plugged it back in, and now everything is working good!

Thanks for the reply and idea!

No problem! Glad you got it working!
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 20:21:37
This page took 0.005 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language