Logo

Review: Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f (PS Vita)

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2014-03-11 12:08:37am 10 years ago

Offline redshoepaul
redshoepaul Avatar Member
94 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-09-12

Nintendo Network ID: redshoepaul
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F arrived on the PlayStation 3 in the West last August and now 7 months later, we get the PlayStation Vita version of the game which pretty much brings the same exact experience as the console version, but with just a bit more features.
I would usually always pick up a console version of a game, but with Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f, I would certainly make the exception for the touch screen controls and portability. With both versions, I wouldn't expect to play this hours on end, unless you're in Edit Mode perfecting that video.

http://s30.postimg.org/5feiknwn5/miku_4.jpg

As you progress, matching button presses to the music and completing songs, you'll score Diva points that can be used in the shop to buy over 90 new costumes and about 100 accessories so customization is a big thing here. The song list is exactly the same as the console version other than 6 songs that are missing bringing the song count to 38, but those missing songs are available as DLC.

http://s28.postimg.org/owr7dghbx/miku_3.jpg

A Star symbol has been added to the game that represents a new scratch indicator where the player will have to rub the touch screen in any direction instead of pressing as you would normally do. The HUD has been given a nice makeover, giving a more futuristic look as well as a neatly placed progress bar showing progression throughout the song with your COOL and FINE judgment. Hit the wrong button input on time? Your judgment text will become slightly warped on screen which is also a new feature for the Vita version.

http://s1.postimg.org/ht6alkaj3/miku_2.jpg

A new game mechanic has been introduced called the "Technical Zone" in which the player has the ability to connect combos within the time limit to earn bonus points, which end up helping out. In the Diva Room, players can now interact with the Vocaloids by playing and petting them. An Augmented Reality feature called "Studio Mode" has been implemented that displays a "life size" Miku character in the real world with the ability to take pictures of her and the world around you. You can also make AR concerts where Miku will dance and sing to one of the four exclusive songs that are not playable in the normal game mode, bummer.
Song completion data and edit mode are available and can be shared through both Vita and PS3 systems. Edit mode if you haven't seen from the PS3 version, is where you're able to create and edit you're own Hatsune Miku video with button inputs, dancing, camera angles and so much more. You'll spend a lot of time in this mode if that's your thing. The complex edit tool has its own tutorial to read up on, but just jumping right into it can be pretty self explanatory.

http://s17.postimg.org/5upspw433/miku_1.jpg

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f can of course can be challenging for seasoned vets, but also beginner friendly. Characters have become more advanced than the PSP releases with better facial expressions and more interaction with other Vocaloids throughout the game. Customization and unlocks are plentiful with lively background videos that give this game the anime flair it always had.

http://miku.sega.jp/f/en/
Score: 7/10
We at bemanistyle'n shit.

Post #2 · Posted at 2014-03-11 02:59:37am 10 years ago

Offline DDR Addict
DDR Addict Avatar Member
1,464 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-09-23

Nintendo Network ID: RimeTM3DS Friend Code: 3454-0657-8756
"Let's Do the Rain Dance"
Only a 7 out of 10? I guess there is the issue you mention of certain disc tracks being made DLC tracks, and the relatively short playthrough, but I don't know if that warrants taking it down so much. After all, handheld games are more commonly played in shorter bursts, plus it looks like the graphic quality is still very high and most of the major features are still present and then some. I guess you could get disappointed by the AR, but that's mostly a bonus. Finally, don't you end up saying that the touch screen version is the preferred version over the consoles? What would you rate the PS3 version, in that case?

Just a couple questions from a guy who's only played the PS3 demo. Blushing

Post #3 · Posted at 2014-03-11 03:56:15am 10 years ago

Offline StarCreator
StarCreator Avatar Member
134 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-01-20

"Just a bit more features" in the Vita version? The PS3 version is the one that supercedes the Vita version, being the version that came out seven months later in Japan. The release order was reversed internationally, but the releases are with minor exceptions identical to the Japanese releases despite this.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 08:10:08
This page took 0.005 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language