Post #1 · Posted at 2014-03-10 02:59:20pm 10.1 years ago

Offline Kakao
Kakao Avatar Member
10 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-03-07

Last updated: 2015-02-20 09:00am
Hello,

has anyone tried this DDR/Stepmania clone for Android?
BeatX: Music Rhythm Game

So great!

What do you think?

Post #2 · Posted at 2014-03-19 06:40:44am 10 years ago

Offline Lukem1999
Lukem1999 Avatar Member
59 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-07-25

It looks pretty generic.

Post #3 · Posted at 2014-03-19 08:14:19am 10 years ago

Offline BemaniHyper
BemaniHyper Avatar Member+
1,434 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-09-13

Wasn't there already Beats?

Post #4 · Posted at 2014-03-19 02:53:52pm 10 years ago

Offline Kakao
Kakao Avatar Member
10 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-03-07

Quote: PinkiePieGamer
Wasn't there already Beats?

Yes, but beats has not stops/bpm changes.. takes away a lot of fun for me. Also beats was lagging on my phone.

Post #5 · Posted at 2014-03-20 02:55:22am 10 years ago

Offline DDRmaster2007
DDRmaster2007 Avatar Member
964 Posts
Peru
Reg. 2006-12-08

"ASDFGFGBNFGV..."
Quote: Kakao
Hello,

Beat Mania: Music Rhythm Game

So great!

What do you think?

in b4 Konami will sue
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/535_2.png

Post #6 · Posted at 2014-03-25 02:37:51pm 10 years ago

Offline Kakao
Kakao Avatar Member
10 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-03-07

Quote: DDRmaster2007
Quote: Kakao
Hello,

Beat Mania: Music Rhythm Game

So great!

What do you think?

in b4 Konami will sue

Why do you think?
They did no sue anyone from beats, and there are like 10 other clones(unplayable but still are)...
They are not making any cabinets for arcades so i see no problem there..

Post #7 · Posted at 2014-03-25 04:11:15pm 10 years ago

Offline KoopaTGR
KoopaTGR Avatar Member
62 Posts
New Zealand
Reg. 2013-08-26

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5069-1574-2704

Why do you think?
They did no sue anyone from beats, and there are like 10 other clones(unplayable but still are)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatmania

Post #8 · Posted at 2014-06-10 11:42:03am 9.8 years ago

Offline Kakao
Kakao Avatar Member
10 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-03-07

Last updated: 2014-06-10 11:42am
Quote: KoopaTGR

Why do you think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatmania
So what?
The game is called "Beat Mania" not "Beatmania"
uh.. last update even changed to "Beat Maniac" Big Grin Big Grin

You can now play for free Smile

Post #9 · Posted at 2014-09-03 02:34:14pm 9.6 years ago

Offline BeatManiacGame
BeatManiacGame Avatar Member
24 Posts
Slovakia
Reg. 2014-09-03

Hello, official thread for this game is here

Post #10 · Posted at 2014-09-24 02:59:29am 9.5 years ago

Offline HaasiD
HaasiD Avatar Member
9 Posts
Puerto Rico
Reg. 2014-09-23
MySpace: HaasiD
There is the game called Beats Portable, which converts any OSU/SWI/DWI backwards and forwards to any of the most fad rhythm games.
Also, there is an official DDR release for android called DDRS.
Sadly, the entry will not appear in google play due to country restrictions [for the simple reason that the game's system is in Japanese] you cannot get it from that store. But you can look around for the APK.
Since it was made very early during the Android life span, it will run on low end phones.
[It runs on mine and it usually only has 300mb or less free for use because the other 300 are restricted by the firmware and bloatware which I am still trying to kill]
HeavyChallengeMy current Hand powerChallengeHeavy
StandardLightMy Current Foot PowerLightStandard
Gotta love:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/266/1/e/output_iofot5_by_haashiaos-d80b13t.gif

Post #11 · Posted at 2014-09-24 07:44:55am 9.5 years ago

Offline BeatManiacGame
24 Posts
Slovakia
Reg. 2014-09-03

Quote: HaasiD
There is the game called Beats Portable, which converts any OSU/SWI/DWI backwards and forwards to any of the most fad rhythm games.
Sadly, the entry will not appear in google play due to country restrictions [for the simple reason that the game's system is in Japanese] you cannot get it from that store. But you can look around for the APK.
Since it was made very early during the Android life span, it will run on low end phones.
[It runs on mine and it usually only has 300mb or less free for use because the other 300 are restricted by the firmware and bloatware which I am still trying to kill]

Beats Portable has a C-MOD turn on all the time and does not support stops/negative BPM gimmicks - that is i think the biggest drawback that sucks all the fun out of playing...

DDRS - can't load custom songs - do i need to say more?

Post #12 · Posted at 2014-09-24 11:51:09am 9.5 years ago

Offline HaasiD
HaasiD Avatar Member
9 Posts
Puerto Rico
Reg. 2014-09-23
MySpace: HaasiD
Quote: BeatManiacGame

Beats Portable has a C-MOD turn on all the time and does not support stops/negative BPM gimmicks - that is i think the biggest drawback that sucks all the fun out of playing...

DDRS - can't load custom songs - do i need to say more?

Because DDRS is official, just like the prior games.
And as for feature lack to Beat Portable, it is perhaps because it is Vanilla. it is meant to not have such things and not all players dislike that.
Just because you are supporting beat maniac, doesn't mean you should discourage others from playing the other options out there.
HeavyChallengeMy current Hand powerChallengeHeavy
StandardLightMy Current Foot PowerLightStandard
Gotta love:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/266/1/e/output_iofot5_by_haashiaos-d80b13t.gif

Post #13 · Posted at 2014-10-11 07:43:02pm 9.5 years ago

Offline BeatManiacGame
24 Posts
Slovakia
Reg. 2014-09-03

Last updated: 2014-10-28 01:41pm

Because DDRS is official, just like the prior games.

That's fine with me, but i think playing custom songs is a big feature that most of people here are looking for.. 15 songs is just not enough these days when there are 100k+ songs free for download from stepmaniaonline.net

And as for feature lack to Beat Portable, it is perhaps because it is Vanilla. it is meant to not have such things and not all players dislike that.

I know that some people play on C-Mod (and like it) - that feature is also planed to BeatManiac. Stepmania has BPM changes and Stops - and it is part of why the game is so awesome and fun!
I just wrote what i believe is the main difference between Beats and BeatManiac.
And there is a lot more, just visit the official thread

Just because you are supporting beat maniac, doesn't mean you should discourage others from playing the other options out there.

I did not say that you should not play Beats or try other Stepmania/DDR clones.. i played them all and based on what i saw on the market started coding my own clone.. and I'm a single guy coding, doing GFX, Support e.t.c.. so same "Vanilla" as Beats Big Grin

Important note!
As some of you might noticed - Beat Maniac is not available on Google Play Store since 4. oct.2014

This is due to the fact that it got suspended by Google and was removed from play store without any warning or notification.

I contacted Google and did all my best to get the app back but they won't let me keep the name and package which means that i have to publish the game as a completely new title. The official reason is "keyword spam" without any other explanation and I can only guess who filed the report. Google just does not care.

This affects all players of Beat Maniac in a following way:

- Leader boards and Achievements won't work

- If you clear user data - the game will stop working - this is due to a copy protection that will redirect you to Play Store listing of Beat Maniac (non existing page)

- I can not push new updates

For those who purchased the full version

I am terribly sorry but so far I found no reliable and secure way of how to restore the purchases. This is because after any application is suspended by Google the APK is the only proof of you ever owning the game.

There is a slight possibility to restore your purchase based on existing Beat Maniac installation so if you are willing to wait for me to figure it out - DO NOT UNINSTALL THE FULL VERSION FROM YOUR DEVICE

For those who don't want to wait i will drop the price to the lowest possible value (.50$ or .50EUR) to minimize your loss. This "SALE / RECLAIM" will last for the first month after the new game is released and first 2000 purchases (what comes last)

I will be republishing the new app very soon and i will notify you here when there is a new app ready for download.

If you have any questions - feel free to send an email to beatmaniac@maniacs.sk or make a post to the official thread

Beat Maniac becomes BeatX and is now better then ever!

http://i58.tinypic.com/34ipu29.jpg

- Now with even better support for custom SM/DWI levels
- New, awesome and fast user interface
- Improved landscape orientation
- Better controls and even more button layouts

Play for FREE or unlock full version for only 0.50$ to remove Custom Song Delay, Ads and support the development.

...................Remember to rate!...................
http://i59.tinypic.com/2eao503.jpg
.................Get it on Google play.................

To learn more why I had to re-brand Beat Maniac click here or contact me via beatx@maniacs.sk

Limited offer : The price of full version is dropped to 0.50$ to help you reclaim your Beat Maniac purchase and lasts for the first 2000 purchases or till 1.12.2014 (what ever comes last)

Post #14 · Posted at 2014-10-31 07:26:16pm 9.4 years ago

Offline richoskelter
richoskelter Avatar Member
42 Posts
Chile
Reg. 2014-10-31

"♪ ([u_u]) ♫"
And what do you think about the Android app called "Stapmania"?

It is, as its name implies, a Stepmania but to play it with your fingers and it works more or less similar to the PC program.

The song, or simfile should be given by the who owns the application (a general folder named with the respective subfolders simfiles). It can read simfiles ".sm" songs in ".ogg" and ".mp3", banners and background images.

There are 2 versions: "Stapmania" and "Stapmania 1.6 for Android". I prefer the first, because it reads jumps and holds.

The best part is that the simfile is read correctly, with its speed changes, holds, and basically anything that can be edited on a Stepmania 3.9.

I do not know ... it may be a good alternative if you are looking for a program.
Keep Calm and Pump It Up - ↙ ↖ □ ↗ ↘
----------------------------------------------------------------------
* Youtube channel: CLICK HERE
* Pump It Up into Dance Dance Revolution simfile category: CLICK HERE

Post #15 · Posted at 2014-10-31 08:29:51pm 9.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Quote: richoskelter

It is, as its name implies, a Stepmania but to play it with your fingers and it works more or less similar to the PC program.

The song, or simfile should be given by the who owns the application (a general folder named with the respective subfolders simfiles). It can read simfiles ".sm" songs in ".ogg" and ".mp3", banners and background images.

There are 2 versions: "Stapmania" and "Stapmania 1.6 for Android". I prefer the first, because it reads jumps and holds.

The best part is that the simfile is read correctly, with its speed changes, holds, and basically anything that can be edited on a Stepmania 3.9.

I do not know ... it may be a good alternative if you are looking for a program.
Stapmania claims Dance Pad support. I downloaded a bunch of legacy builds of it and I couldn't find any way to map my dance pad to the inputs.

Beat Maniac aka BeatX however was really easy to connect my dance pad so it is the clear winner, plus it plays smooth it's a really good StepMania port on android, I just wish it did two player mode.

Post #16 · Posted at 2015-07-09 10:09:55am 8.7 years ago

Offline BeatManiacGame
24 Posts
Slovakia
Reg. 2014-09-03

Last updated: 2015-07-09 10:10am
Quote: hellrazor
Quote: richoskelter

Stapmania claims Dance Pad support. I downloaded a bunch of legacy builds of it and I couldn't find any way to map my dance pad to the inputs.

Beat Maniac aka BeatX however was really easy to connect my dance pad so it is the clear winner, plus it plays smooth it's a really good StepMania port on android, I just wish it did two player mode.

Thanx Smile

Double and Versus mode available on Google Play!

http://i59.tinypic.com/2eao503.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/11j857o.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/24dfxia.jpg

Hello everyone!

Since today BeatX supports video backgrounds!
If you have any suggestions, check this article http://beatmania.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/644785 or contact me via beatx(at)maniacs.sk

Enjoy!

And here is a youtube video on how to make the background videos work

Post #17 · Posted at 2015-07-10 05:39:55am 8.7 years ago

Offline G-type
G-type Avatar Member
35 Posts
United States
Reg. 2015-05-15

Just downloaded. Now I can dance game at work, too. Feel like I should just start main-lining arrows.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-16 15:18:43
This page took 0.011 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language