Offline Kakao
Kakao Avatar Member
10 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-03-07

Last updated: 2015-02-20 09:03am
I downloaded this DDR/Stepmania clone for Android
BeatX

and i found out that you can connect a dance mat to your android device.

They describe it here http://beatmania.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/315168

Tried it, loved it!
I just needed a OTG miniUSB to USB cable Smile
So now i have a super portable dance machine Big Grin

Anyone else tried this?

Or maybe if someone has smart TV with android or Android mini PC, that could work too..

Post #2 · Posted at 2014-03-07 10:27:27pm 10 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
Or just get a laptop to have it run smoother with whatever you want and hook it up there, unless for some reason laptops are very hard to transport and dancemats aren't.

A phone running a game trying to input things and go on sync with a dance mat's commands...
Maybe I'm not giving phones enough credit (to run well), but it seems hard to believe that it'll work well enough to consider it as an option.

Post #3 · Posted at 2014-03-08 03:22:22am 10 years ago

Offline Tiger of PTS
Tiger of PTS Avatar Member
355 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-01-27

Game Center Nickname: Tiger?!?
"US Dancerush Shuffler"
lol "Beat mania"

Post #4 · Posted at 2014-03-18 07:52:28pm 10 years ago

Offline Kakao
Kakao Avatar Member
10 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-03-07

Last updated: 2014-03-18 07:53pm
Quote: Aegis
Or just get a laptop to have it run smoother with whatever you want and hook it up there, unless for some reason laptops are very hard to transport and dancemats aren't.

A phone running a game trying to input things and go on sync with a dance mat's commands...
Maybe I'm not giving phones enough credit (to run well), but it seems hard to believe that it'll work well enough to consider it as an option.

Well just give it a try, you will see Smile
I probably tried all android clones on my phone, but this one really works.
My phone is kinda shitty (Sony xperia mini pro SK17i) and it seems to run 60fps.

And also.. if you can get a notebook for 50$ than yes.. better do that.

But here you can use some android micro pc connected to your TV .. like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Rikomagic-MK802IIIS-Android-RK3066-Bluetooth/dp/B00CIR5TJA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1395146979&sr=8-4&keywords=rikomagic+mk802+iv

and have your dance station in your living room for $50

Post #5 · Posted at 2014-03-18 09:10:25pm 10 years ago

Offline Sigrev2
Sigrev2 Avatar Member+
4,159 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-10-17

Nintendo Network ID: Sigrev2Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2884-7660-37993DS Friend Code: 3883-7652-3160
"suffering from success"
Or I could just download StepMania onto my computer for free...
Or I could hook up my PS2/Xbox to my living room TV with my pad for free...
Or I could go to an arcade and play 3 rounds for $5...
Or I could... Or I could...
I could and would do anything other than waste space on my phone by downloading some shite app, waste time by playing said shite app, and waste money on a peripheral for said shite app. But nice try.

Post #6 · Posted at 2014-03-18 09:43:41pm 10 years ago

Offline RevAddict5
RevAddict5 Avatar Member
751 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-06-10

"Bigger avatars when?"

And also.. if you can get a notebook for 50$ than yes.. better do that.

There's no need for a good amount of people. They already have some form of computer with them, be it a laptop, or desktop, and like AnonyWolf said, you can download StepMania on it for free.

But here you can use some android micro pc connected to your TV .. like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Rikomagic-MK802IIIS-Android-RK3066-Bluetooth/dp/B00CIR5TJA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1395146979&sr=8-4&keywords=rikomagic+mk802+iv

and have your dance station in your living room for $50

If you don't have one already, you can get an HDMI cable for $5 and a PS2 to USB converter for $5 on Amazon right now to hook up your laptop to a TV.

Even better, use a DDR game and console you already have.

Post #7 · Posted at 2014-03-18 10:28:25pm 10 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
It's what can be used if you have nothing.
It's not bad, just not the greatest thing. It's outdated, outperformed.

Post #8 · Posted at 2014-03-27 08:10:21pm 9.9 years ago

Offline Kakao
Kakao Avatar Member
10 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-03-07

It's what can be used if you have nothing.
I know, that's what the post was about.

It's not bad, just not the greatest thing. It's outdated, outperformed.
Seems like they keep working on it and add some features almost every week... there is also a feedback form where you can post your ideas for future releases and vote for them..

Post #9 · Posted at 2014-03-27 09:22:42pm 9.9 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
So I tried this out for all of you guys that didn't want to use up space on your phone/tablet for this game. I downloaded the LITE version, here are my impressions.

It's an effort to say the least, but is it something that is as defined as StepMania? Definitely not. As Kakao mentioned, the game does seem to get updates very frequently, which can be good, but at the current state it is, if this is what the full version is like, I honestly would not even pay the $2.99 price it has on it. First off, you get to a screen that asks you to tap to the beat in order to sync your delay, which was a pretty nice thing to have right before you get into the game. Ok....now what?

I was stuck on that window for about 10 minutes wondering what happened next, it didn't go to the main menu or anything, eventually the sound went away and I just started randomly tapping the button, decreasing the delay until I accidentally hit the BOTTOM part of the screen which prompt open a notification window with the option of personally changing the number for the delay, after playing with it a few times there was a continue button that popped up at the bottom of the screen, it surely didn't pop up when I was done syncing the music, I just had to go crazy and find someway out of that screen. Also, if you had the option of just changing the number in the first place, why have it right at the beginning of the game? And the borders where you have the text are pretty off on a few areas that I could see.

Played a song with whatever I chose for the sync delay, it felt really, really, REALLY bad. I may not have the ear for 'perfect' synchronization, but I felt that the delay was still off even with what I had on the game. Freeze arrows also don't give you that one second afterburn like in DDR, where if you let it go for abut one second, it gives you a MISS. If you pretty much let the button go it just immediately gives you a MISS. I do commend whoever it is that made it (which I will get into that at the bottom of this post) with the speed changes and stops, then again most other DDR Clones for Android and the iOS ones have this option already installed. No grading, just numbers and three 'medals', I have no clue what they meant, since most of the times I missed a step and I know I probably got out with either an A or a B rating, but no you get two out of three medals, one is an arrow, the second is some symbol I have no idea what it could mean, and the third is a timer/stopwatch which I can only assume means a PFC or MFC.

If this was the ONLY DDR Android app in the Play Store, I wouldn't even give it a glance, luckily there are HUNDREDS of other clones in the app store, some that are a tiny bit better than this game, and as Aegis mentioned, this can't possibly be an alternative for StepMania or any of the official DDR games that are already on tablets and game consoles, and if you have a laptop or computer, there is always Stepmania. It's a NICE effort, but it just falls flat compared to the other apps that are littering the Play Store.

That it for the game, now about that creator...

Kakao, ever since you first posted on this site, you have been defending this game like a fat kid trying to tell a class of 20 why Call Of Duty is the best game ever created and why it was made for a generation of kids to enjoy the enriching experience of getting that one killstreak with the cute doggies.

Are you working for this company/developer in anyway? If so, it's alright, we have people who work on other games here, is it because you're afraid of the criticism the game is going to get from a site dedicated to rhythm games? I know some members here are very abrasive with what they say about certain games, but that's just them, I gave the game a try and that was my honest opinion about the game, it's just another DDR clone that sadly doesn't meet the mark to what most of us already own/can obtain with a bit of search, and you only really need a game console or a tablet, which can be bought for close to change nowadays.

I do find it funny that in the other thread, someone mentioned that the game could potentially get sued because of the name of the game, 1.2 days ago, latest update? The name was changed to 'Beat Maniac'. Suspicious much?

Post #10 · Posted at 2014-03-27 11:13:28pm 9.9 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."

Last updated: 2014-03-27 11:29pm
Just keep it as a stepmania/ddr clone for phone and not implement dancemats on it. I think the people out there playing don't want that feature. Refine the game. Improve it on all what Max said about the features currently existing. Don't make people pay for this. Profit is nice, but when the game is as polished as others out there, then maybe donations open would be your best bet. (Or ads, but people hate those)

I know you want to make this thing stand out and have all that support with tv and dancepads, but maybe that outlet isn't the best one for this. As said before, there are so many other alternatives that outshine this. Maybe you can do something else that can be better/improved from what is out there. What will it be? It could be your next idea.

Only way to go is up and you only improve with what you do. You got this far, now try going to that extra step.

Post #11 · Posted at 2014-03-30 05:11:13am 9.9 years ago

Offline Kakao
Kakao Avatar Member
10 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-03-07

Quote: Max
So I tried this out for all of you guys that didn't want to use up space on your phone/tablet for this game. I downloaded the LITE version, here are my impressions.

It's an effort to say the least, but is it something that is as defined as StepMania? Definitely not. As Kakao mentioned, the game does seem to get updates very frequently, which can be good, but at the current state it is, if this is what the full version is like, I honestly would not even pay the $2.99 price it has on it. First off, you get to a screen that asks you to tap to the beat in order to sync your delay, which was a pretty nice thing to have right before you get into the game. Ok....now what?

I was stuck on that window for about 10 minutes wondering what happened next, it didn't go to the main menu or anything, eventually the sound went away and I just started randomly tapping the button, decreasing the delay until I accidentally hit the BOTTOM part of the screen which prompt open a notification window with the option of personally changing the number for the delay, after playing with it a few times there was a continue button that popped up at the bottom of the screen, it surely didn't pop up when I was done syncing the music, I just had to go crazy and find someway out of that screen. Also, if you had the option of just changing the number in the first place, why have it right at the beginning of the game? And the borders where you have the text are pretty off on a few areas that I could see.

Played a song with whatever I chose for the sync delay, it felt really, really, REALLY bad. I may not have the ear for 'perfect' synchronization, but I felt that the delay was still off even with what I had on the game. Freeze arrows also don't give you that one second afterburn like in DDR, where if you let it go for abut one second, it gives you a MISS. If you pretty much let the button go it just immediately gives you a MISS. I do commend whoever it is that made it (which I will get into that at the bottom of this post) with the speed changes and stops, then again most other DDR Clones for Android and the iOS ones have this option already installed. No grading, just numbers and three 'medals', I have no clue what they meant, since most of the times I missed a step and I know I probably got out with either an A or a B rating, but no you get two out of three medals, one is an arrow, the second is some symbol I have no idea what it could mean, and the third is a timer/stopwatch which I can only assume means a PFC or MFC.

Hello Max,
nice of you to check this for others, but i don't understand - you are a rhythm game fan and you don't know that you really need a good timing setting to make the game even playable?
It's sad that your phone did not get the calibration done properly, mine took less than 10sec (the first raw calibration). No sure what your problem is. Maybe you can write to the devs. For me the value which i used in Beats a good start, needed just a little fine tuning.

Quote: Max
If this was the ONLY DDR Android app in the Play Store, I wouldn't even give it a glance, luckily there are HUNDREDS of other clones in the app store, some that are a tiny bit better than this game, and as Aegis mentioned, this can't possibly be an alternative for StepMania or any of the official DDR games that are already on tablets and game consoles, and if you have a laptop or computer, there is always Stepmania. It's a NICE effort, but it just falls flat compared to the other apps that are littering the Play Store.

That it for the game, now about that creator...

Kakao, ever since you first posted on this site, you have been defending this game like a fat kid trying to tell a class of 20 why Call Of Duty is the best game ever created and why it was made for a generation of kids to enjoy the enriching experience of getting that one killstreak with the cute doggies.

Are you working for this company/developer in anyway? If so, it's alright, we have people who work on other games here, is it because you're afraid of the criticism the game is going to get from a site dedicated to rhythm games? I know some members here are very abrasive with what they say about certain games, but that's just them, I gave the game a try and that was my honest opinion about the game, it's just another DDR clone that sadly doesn't meet the mark to what most of us already own/can obtain with a bit of search, and you only really need a game console or a tablet, which can be bought for close to change nowadays.

I do find it funny that in the other thread, someone mentioned that the game could potentially get sued because of the name of the game, 1.2 days ago, latest update? The name was changed to 'Beat Maniac'. Suspicious much?

Yes i'm involved with the developers, i personally suggested some features to the game, and they were glad to implement them. Not employed or doing any work, just talking to them.
I have 500+ games played with this game, i play almost every day.. so yes i like it very much. For me the accuracy is magnitude better than others, i know the gui is not the best sometimes, but getting better in time.
If you have a clone for android that also has stops/bpm changes, please suggest!
I tried many, many of them.. some of them good (like beats - but no stops/bpm changes), and sooo many were just plain wrong (no sync to set, unable to import, ugly gfx) and some of them did not even start.

And the name, i send the forum links to the devs so they are probably watching it. I do this just as a thank you...

To: Aegis
I think dance mat is not the feature that is most important, have tried it just a few times, and yes it won't replace stepmania. It's just nice to have,.. also some guys play the via keyboard so maybe this is also nice for them...

Post #12 · Posted at 2014-10-21 06:14:03am 9.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

I love having this game on my tablet or phone. I connected my dance pad to a bluetooth mini keyboard and it's perfect, wireless DDR on the GO is such a good idea!! If you make it to a place with a TV you can connect the phone to the TV through HDMI all running on my tablet.

Post #13 · Posted at 2015-09-07 01:27:56am 8.5 years ago

Offline dishe
dishe Avatar Member
1 Post
Not Set
Reg. 2015-09-07

I actually found this thread because I just got an Android media player box (Amlogic s805 MXQ) attached to my big screen and stereo system, and I'm exploring different games I can play on it.
I used to LOVE stepmania years ago, and now think my kids are old enough to play too.

I have 2 USB dance pads which I can hook up to the android box (since it has USB ports built in), but in the free version of the game I can only test single player rounds. I'd consider buying the game to make this work, but it looks like the 2 controllers are mapping the same button code. For example, if "UP" is button 190 on controller 1, in the keymapping it will say 190 (doesn't say controller one or two). On controller two settings, I press up to map "UP" on controller 2, and it also says 190. I know my snes emulator can differentiate between inputs on controller 1 and 2, but does BeatX? We tried a round and found that pressing the arrows on either gamepad worked, which makes me wonder if the app just considers all controllers with the same button mappings the same input? In which case, buying the full version for multiplayer support will be a bust since they work as one player?

Hellrazor, I'm interested in understanding what you mean by "connected my dance pad to a bluetooth mini keyboard". You mean you opened it up and soldered connections together, or is this something anyone can do?

Post #14 · Posted at 2015-09-08 05:14:36am 8.5 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Yeah I opened up a bluetooth mini keyboard and soldered all the wires from the pad onto that. There are enough buttons that you could connect 6 dance pads to the same keyboard.

Not sure anyone can do it, the soldering takes some skill to do as the inputs are tiny and weak. I just found a guide online and followed it and it worked out well for me.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 10:39:01
This page took 0.012 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language