Post #1 · Posted at 2014-02-20 06:00:33am 10.1 years ago

Offline redshoepaul
redshoepaul Avatar Member
94 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-09-12

Nintendo Network ID: redshoepaul

Last updated: 2014-02-20 06:05am
DISCLAIMER - This thread is not the place for discussions about where to get ROMs. Additionally any moral/legal discussion on emulation, as a whole, would derail the thread, and is probably better suited for a different thread anyway.

GBA4iOS 2.0 is a full featured Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Color, and Original Gameboy emulator, for iOS 7 devices, that does not require a jailbroken device.

http://i.imgur.com/gEusIpX.png

How?
You're probably aware that the Apple App Store doesn't allow for emulators on their platform. This is why the emulation scene exists primarily on jailbroken devices. However, through the Apple Enterprise Distribution platform (most frequently used by developers to release test versions of their apps to testers, before going live on the store), a handful of emulators became available to non-jailbroken devices last summer, via over the air downloads on websites. It's through a similar loophole that the developer of GBA4iOS 2.0 is releasing the app for download to your non-jailbroken device.

Features:
Outside of being able to play GBA/GBC/GB games at full speed, GBA4iOS 2.0 comes with some pretty cool additional features to improve the experience.

-Dropbox Sync:
You can tie your Dropbox account to GBA4iOS 2.0, and your save files will automatically upload/download, allowing for not only added security for your progress, but seamless play between all of your iDevices.

-Controller Skins:
The app will come preloaded with a handful of different skin options, but additional layouts will be available on sites like GBA4iOS Skins. Additionally, you'll be able to set specific skins between Gameboy Color, and Gameboy Advance games. (You can adjust opacity for landscape play as well).

-iOS 7 Controller Support (with option to configure buttons to whatever layout you like)
-Sustain Button (don't want to hold the B button down forever just to make your character run? You can sustain any button with a simple toggle)
-Fast Forward
-Cheat Codes (Gameshark, Action Replay, and Code Breaker)
-Multiple save state options (You can name them, and protect certain saves, as well.)
-Event Distribution for Pokemon Games (Re-enabled promotional events)
-WarioWare Twisted iOS motion support
-Over the Air Updates (To fix bugs, and add features down the line. This hasn't been possible in previous apps of this kind.)

Where do I get it?
Just visit GBA4iOSapp on your iOS 7 device of choice, and tap Download. It will install to your homescreen, ready to be launched, and enjoyed!

README: Manually set your date back to yesterday (2/18) to get the program to download/install. It won't install if the date is set to today for some reason.

How do I add ROMs to my idevice?
You can add ROMs through iTunes File Sharing. To locate this, plug your device into your computer; click on your device in iTunes, and click on the 'Apps' tab. Scroll to the bottom, and you'll see File Sharing, with GBA4iOS 2.0 listed.
Click on the listing, and you'll be able to drag and drop your game files (.gba, .gbc, .zip, and .gb), as well as manually backup your save files in the event you don't want to use Dropbox.

Links:
-GBA4iOS 2.0 Download link
-Official list of features
-A video walkthrough of the app
-Frequently Asked Questions
-GBA4iOS Skins
-The developer's Twitter page

We at bemanistyle'n shit.

Post #2 · Posted at 2014-02-20 04:10:47pm 10.1 years ago

Offline chewi
chewi Avatar Member+
8,537 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2008-02-24

Just installed this to my iPod touch 5G, it works flawlessly!
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-04-25 04:47:04
This page took 0.004 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language