Offline Hiryuu
Hiryuu Avatar Member
614 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-11-23

Nintendo Network ID: Rainhiryuu3DS Friend Code: 4699-5240-4471
"Retired?"

Last updated: 2014-01-23 09:29am
So I downloaded the demo last night and played it tonight, clearing it in an hour.

Am I the only one that's horribly underwhelmed by it?

Post #2 · Posted at 2014-01-23 10:43:37am 10.1 years ago

Offline Willards KA PA
Willards KA PA Avatar Banned
444 Posts
Saint Lucia
Reg. 2011-10-01

Last updated: 2014-01-23 10:44am
I'm very cautious about this game. I've heard some import sites have given the game harsh reviews. The game is co-developed by Tri-Ace and I've been a supporter of them for years. Even liked Star Ocean The Last Hope lol.
I don't play simulators. Only the real official games.

Post #3 · Posted at 2014-01-23 10:48:32am 10.1 years ago

Offline Hiryuu
Hiryuu Avatar Member
614 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-11-23

"Retired?"
Don't get me wrong, I like tri-Ace for the fact that Valkyrie Profile exists.

But this game just isn't living up to what I expected.

Then again, I've never finished a XIII-series game so there's probably that against my judgement...

Post #4 · Posted at 2014-01-23 10:50:40am 10.1 years ago

Offline Willards KA PA
444 Posts
Saint Lucia
Reg. 2011-10-01

I've finished XIII but I swear to god ask me what happened in the story I wouldn't be able to give you a straight face and answer. What Fal'Cie or Cieth or Gran Pulse or Cocoon are I don't know.

Post #5 · Posted at 2014-01-23 10:52:26am 10.1 years ago

Offline Hiryuu
Hiryuu Avatar Member
614 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-11-23

"Retired?"
Oh I got enough from the last two in the series to go 'oh what is this shit' a hundred times over.

It's no different now, really. The plot is just more or less vapor at this point.

I'MA SAVE THE WORLD AND MY FRIENDS ARE ALL BADDIES NOW ALSO CONNECT TO TWITTER AND FACEBOOK CUZ LUL

Post #6 · Posted at 2014-01-23 10:55:12am 10.1 years ago

Offline Willards KA PA
444 Posts
Saint Lucia
Reg. 2011-10-01

I heard this one is just as clusterfuck as the last two. I guess I should just play it like a music game, no focus on story and plot.

Post #7 · Posted at 2014-01-24 05:56:48am 10.1 years ago

Offline Greaf
Greaf Avatar Member
411 Posts
France
Reg. 2009-03-25

Last updated: 2014-01-24 06:12am
Quote: Willards KA PA
I've finished XIII but I swear to god ask me what happened in the story I wouldn't be able to give you a straight face and answer. What Fal'Cie or Cieth or Gran Pulse or Cocoon are I don't know.

Easy.

Fal'cie : Demi God. They are managing their planet and choose people to fulfill a Focus.
Cieth : Those who failed their Focus. They will become monster.
l'Cie : Puppet of the Fal'Cie. They have a focus. If they reach it, they will become a Crystal. If not, they will become a Cie'th.
Gran Pulse : The planet by Pulse, a God. The people living in Cocoon are scared about this planet
Cocoon : The planet by Lindzei, a God
Lindzei : Son of Bhunivelze
Pulse : Son of Bhunivelze
Bhunivelze : The father of Pulse and Lindzei, the God
Etro : One of the "daughter'" which looks a lot like Mwynn, the mother of Bhunivelze. This is why she has no power
Mwynn : Mother of Bhunivelze. Bhunivelze tried to kill Mwynn in order to have all the power

Goal of FFXIII :

- The Fal'Cie wanted the come back of the Maker (God in Japanese). Lightning wanted first to save her sister from her curse : the mark of the l'Cie, by a Pulse Fal'Cie. But her focus was to reunite our heroes : Sazh, Snow, Hope. Vanille and Fang were already a l'Cie but Vanille keep the secret until the story at Nautilus. In the end, they meet Fang, went to Pulse, running away from their focus. But in the end, they will go back to Cocoon, trying to kill Barthandelus and destroy his plan to revive the Maker. If the Maker comes back, it's the end of Cocoon because it will summon Ragnarok (which is Fang and Vanille). Ragnarok means end of the world. They manage to have a miracle and save Cocoon from its fall. Our heroes fullfilled their focus so they all became Crystal. Seconds later, what a surprise, they aren't crystalized anymore. This is because of Etro's pity. But this gift will change everything.

Goal of FFXIII-2 :

- Lightning became the guardian of Etro. The ending of FFXIII has been altered by the last gift of Etro : the end of the crystalization. The time messed up. Serah and Noel's goal was to come back to this ending. But Caius, a guardian wants to free Yeul (a Seeress) from her curse : the Eyes of Etro which permit her to see the future instead of her life. When you change the future, you change the past. So the seeress will always see the time changing. Time changing -> Less life for Yeul. In the end, Serah dies, the world is full of Chaos, there is no die, no birth, no grow.

Goal of Lightning Returns :

Lightning have been chosen by Bhunivelze to become the Savior. In 13 days (or 7), it will be the end of the world (why ? No idea). She will meet her old comrades again : Snow, Noel, Sazh, Vanille, Fang and she will meet a new character : Lumina.
Lightning has 13 days to save a lot of soul in order to create a new world by Bhunivelze. Bhunivelze promised to save her sister.
In the end, Lightning and her comrades are fed up about being controlled by a God and decided to kill him. That's what they did and in the end, everybody is happy (but not Caius, he has been swallowed by the Chaos with all the old Yeul and Bhunivelze). The last Yeul (which comes from Noel's time) will have the chance to live with Noel in the new world. The new world is our world, south of France.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/Greaf.png
Thanks to Lord Toon !

Post #8 · Posted at 2014-02-13 06:37:44am 10.1 years ago

Offline Willards KA PA
444 Posts
Saint Lucia
Reg. 2011-10-01

Well I've been trying to get into the game but to be honest my OCD is kicking in and I feel like I'm playing it the "wrong" way. I don't get this way in other types of open ended games but that's because there's no time limit to stress. I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around things, still knowing if I'm leveled enough to comfortable get to new areas, and still trying to get to use of the EP system that extends your time. It's a very hard game for me to get a grasp of this time.

I'm also quite shocked at the dip in graphics with this game. Man there's PS2 quality textures abound from the NPCs to the environments.

Post #9 · Posted at 2014-02-13 06:21:16pm 10.1 years ago

Offline Greaf
Greaf Avatar Member
411 Posts
France
Reg. 2009-03-25

Quote: Willards KA PA
I'm also quite shocked at the dip in graphics with this game. Man there's PS2 quality textures abound from the NPCs to the environments.

You obviously didn't play Drakengard 3 or NieR yet. That's what we call low budget game :/
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/Greaf.png
Thanks to Lord Toon !

Post #10 · Posted at 2014-02-14 10:30:30am 10 years ago

Offline Willards KA PA
444 Posts
Saint Lucia
Reg. 2011-10-01

No I have not. But I believe you that those games would look pretty nasty. Lightning Returns does look nasty too in close up.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 11:52:44
This page took 0.006 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language