Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2014-01-22 03:44:40am 10.2 years ago

Offline ant6600
ant6600 Avatar Member
6 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-01-13

Last updated: 2014-01-22 03:45am
I have no idea where else to go with this. The StepMania forums are no help at all. Please read this and help me. I dont even know if this thread would belong here but I need help. Hear me out.

So last week I purchased a PS2 to PC adapter to obviously play the game.

The mat that I originally used is a gamestop mat. Take note this mat does NOT have a select button on it.

When I first played the game I noticed that arrows would not simultaneously go together. For instance, if there is a double arrow it will not work or if I have a foot on the up arrow and I use to other foot to use the down arrow, it will register as an up arrow and now a down. Same with left and right arrows. But if I have a foot on the right arrow and I go to use the up or down arrow with the other foot, it will go through and score the up or down arrow while I have a foot on the left or right arrow. So on and so on.

I could not do the select, start and up trick to get my adapter into dance pad mode so I can simultaneously use the arrows and do what I can not do as mentioned above.

Yesterday my mom came down to my college to drop off some clothes because today it is snowing and it is pretty bad outside. She didn't want me driving home. I asked her to bring down my other dance pad that does have a select button on it. I was excited that I was going to be able to play this. Mind you this mat is pretty old too. It is the usual girl in the middle of the pad that says stay cool on it. This is my dance mat: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ak0bxh&s=5#.Ut7K-BAo600 (This DOES have a select button. It is not in the picture and yes that is tape on the mat. it has two small rips. Like I said, this mat is pretty old.) and the mat next to it is the gamestop mat.

I put in the "Stay Cool" mat into the adapter and put the adapter into the computer. I was mapping the arrows in Stepmania. After I did that I forgot about the select start up code. So i did that after I mapped and i think I messed up big time. Now whenever hook up the Stay Cool mat, it will connect, but as soon as I press a button or hold down a button, it will continually loop the Disconnect sound as if I unplugged the adapter from the computer. Now when I put in the Gamestop mat, it will work perfectly. WTF! What did I do wrong? Why does this happen? So i went into control panel and went into controller options to test the Stay Cool mat. At first,it says that the controller is connected properly but as soon as a press a button, it says the controller is not connected properly and the red X nest to that comes up. But if i did that with the gamestop mat, it would work.

I uninstalled the drivers that came with the adapter, turned off the comp and turned it back on and reinstalled the drivers and it STILL DOES THE SAME THING, StayCool mat wont work but the gamestop mat will.

What should I do? I dont want to go back to playing regular DDR because with stepmania, I can play songs that I never imagined I could play before, some of those songs are my favorite.

And I connect my computer to my TV via HDMI so it would feel like a real DDR experience. I even thought about starting to make my own Cabinet to house a tv, some big speakers to connect to the computer that I could find at GoodWill , purchase a metal mat online and just put my comp inside the cabinet and connect everything every time. But this is not happening until I figure out what to do. And i dont feel like buying another mat that I can directly hook up to the comp without an adapter. I would have to get these online because no one sells dance mats anymore in stores!

My other idea is to hook up my gamestop mat AND a regular PS2 controller and try the Select, Start and Up trick with the PS2 controller to get the adapter in Dance Mat Mode and I can play with my gamestop mat. I dont know if that will work or not. That is something i would have to try once I get my hands on a controller.

Please any help is welcomed and thank you for sticking with reading this huge essay.

Post #2 · Posted at 2014-01-22 06:14:57am 10.2 years ago

Offline Hiryuu
Hiryuu Avatar Member
614 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-11-23

Nintendo Network ID: Rainhiryuu3DS Friend Code: 4699-5240-4471
"Retired?"
What's the exact model of the adapter you purchased?

Post #3 · Posted at 2014-01-23 06:36:18am 10.2 years ago

Offline ant6600
ant6600 Avatar Member
6 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-01-13

Quote: Hiryuu
What's the exact model of the adapter you purchased?

This is the kind of adapter I have:

http://www.hhsune.com/UploadFiles/201031110851555.jpg

Post #4 · Posted at 2014-01-23 06:41:02am 10.2 years ago

Offline Hiryuu
Hiryuu Avatar Member
614 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-11-23

"Retired?"
Looks like a Super Dual Box (I've got an MP-8866 that works fine)...only thing is I'd need to know which model.

Do you know where you bought it, what link, what model?

Post #5 · Posted at 2014-01-23 06:51:32am 10.2 years ago

Offline ant6600
ant6600 Avatar Member
6 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-01-13

Looks like a Super Dual Box (I've got an MP-8866 that works fine)...only thing is I'd need to know which model.

Do you know where you bought it, what link, what model?

I purchased it off of ebay. Here is the link to the original ebay ad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-PORT-PS1-PS2-PSX-to-PC-USB-GAME-Controller-Adapter-Converter-/111223323061?pt=US_Video_Game_Cables_Adapters&hash=item19e56d39b5

I also use Windows 7 but I know the adapter works because the gamestop mat obviously works.

Post #6 · Posted at 2014-01-23 07:10:33am 10.2 years ago

Offline Hiryuu
Hiryuu Avatar Member
614 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-11-23

"Retired?"

Last updated: 2014-01-23 07:14am
May very well be a defect. I remember having a different variant on those 'Stay Cool' mats and having to do the exact UP+START+SELECT and it working perfectly for me once you do that. You have to do that in order for it not to mount your direction on the axes (otherwise you have the problem for it not recognizing UP-DOWN and LEFT-RIGHT being touched at the same time).

If you're confident that your Stay Cool mat works in actual consoles, I'd venture to bet you've got a bad plug. Those MP-8866s should mount instantly in W7; I've used them for dance mats as well as IIDX controllers and they work just fine. If you went through and redid the driver, recalibrated it AFTER you hit UP+START+SELECT and are absolutely sure that they driver has installed in device manager, It's very possible someone sent you a bad one, especially if you're hearing disconnects coming through immediately after you attempt to do something with it.

Considering you bought it off eBay, that's more of what I would think for me not being present to see what it's actually doing and based on what you're suggesting. I'm pretty sure that I got mine from DDRGame way back in the Stone Age but I believe they're still alive if this thread here holds true.

If you haven't tried the above I mentioned already, that would probably be where I would go - attempt a refund/RMA.

Post #7 · Posted at 2014-01-23 07:17:48am 10.2 years ago

Offline ant6600
ant6600 Avatar Member
6 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-01-13

May very well be a defect. I remember having a different variant on those 'Stay Cool' mats and having to do the exact UP+START+SELECT and it working perfectly for me once you do that. You have to do that in order for it not to mount your direction on the axes (otherwise you have the problem for it not mounting UP-DOWN and LEFT-RIGHT being touched at the same time).

If you're confident that your Stay Cool mat works in actual consoles, I'd venture to bet you've got a bad plug. Those MP-8866s should mount instantly in W7; I've used them for dance mats as well as IIDX controllers and they work just fine. If you went through an redid the driver, recalibrated it AFTER you hit UP+START+SELECT and are absolutely sure that they driver has installed in device manager, It's very possible someone sent you a bad one, especially if you're hearing disconnects coming through immediately after you attempt to do something with it.

Considering you bought it off eBay, that's more of what I would think for me not being present to see what it's actually doing and based on what you're suggesting. I'm pretty sure that I got mine from DDRGame way back in the Stone Age but I believe they're still alive if this thread here holds true.

If you haven't tried the above I mentioned already, that would probably be where I would go - attempt a refund/RMA.

I hope it's not a defect. If it was i would imagine both mats malfunctioning. I would have to talk to my mom about sending back or getting a new one. Whenever I want to order something online she does it for me because she doesn't want any of my debit info going through the internet. I will continue to try and get it to work and if not Im going to have to think of what I am going to do. Ill try reinstalling everything again and going through the process again and if it doesnt work, I am going to assume its the adapter, mat or both.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. I wasn't getting any of this from the StepMania forums. I came here because I know it has like ten times the amount of users.

Post #8 · Posted at 2014-01-23 07:20:42am 10.2 years ago

Offline Hiryuu
Hiryuu Avatar Member
614 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-11-23

"Retired?"
Quote: ant6600
Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. I wasn't getting any of this from the StepMania forums. I came here because I know it has like ten times the amount of users.

Don't mention it...and I believe that shakesoda is redoing the forums over there, so that might be the reason you were getting ignored. Try the beta forums they working on over there and post in Help and Support. Maybe someone else there might have some suggestions.

Post #9 · Posted at 2014-01-23 07:24:55am 10.2 years ago

Offline ant6600
ant6600 Avatar Member
6 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2014-01-13

Quote: ant6600

Don't mention it...and I believe that shakesoda is redoing the forums over there, so that might be the reason you were getting ignored. Try the beta forums they working on over there and post in Help and Support. Maybe someone else there might have some suggestions.

I know they're redoing. I went into the new forums and someone said do the select start up trick and that was it. Im also going to download the newest version of DirectX, which is version 11. Hopefully this does some miracle. If it does ill let you know!
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-26 21:16:24
This page took 0.008 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language