Post #1 · Posted at 2013-12-18 07:22:35pm 10.2 years ago

Offline Freezepond
Freezepond Avatar Member
437 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-07-10

"hey knucklehead"

Last updated: 2013-12-19 01:03am
Nevermind this, I was in a bad mood when I posted this. Please lock.

I have been gone for a while now... but with reason. A lot of things with this site have bugged me. But mainly, why is it not against the rules to post off topic content in threads? Back when I used to be a normal user, I couldn't go a day without reading random threads and seeing atleast 1 thread that was brought off topic by the third post, filled with nothing but lame tumblr posts, image macros, and anything else that most people would consider "internet cancer". Why are there no rules against this? Another thing I noticed is that many people post like they are texting with a Nokia phone, they don't use capitalization, punctuation, and often have bad grammar. And why can Cyberbullying go through on this site without the moderators blinking an eye?

This site could be nearly perfect if rules were enforced, or better yet, just more rules. That is all I ask.

hey knucklehead

Post #2 · Posted at 2013-12-18 08:32:57pm 10.2 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
Just go to another site then.

Calm yourself and realize- we are just letting it go most of the time and not applying for a job.
There are times when you feel like punching someone through email, but you don't in the end.
People know how to type. They post like they are texting because sometimes they are just texting through their phone.
What you ask for is something that we cannot do without killing the site. The people of it do as they do and come because of it.
Yes, we have people who troll and just don't know how to post, but we admire them for trying at the end of the day.

Pleading for rules won't change a thing, it'll get people to just not be as fun. Don't be a killjoy. Just suck it up.

Post #3 · Posted at 2013-12-18 08:53:37pm 10.2 years ago

Offline Sigrev2
Sigrev2 Avatar Member+
4,159 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-10-17

Nintendo Network ID: Sigrev2Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2884-7660-37993DS Friend Code: 3883-7652-3160
"suffering from success"

Last updated: 2013-12-18 09:07pm
All I can gather from your post, Freezepond, is that you want everyone on the site to stop what they're doing and change their behavior, attitude, and demeanor to your exact measurements just so you can be happy.
Sorry to say this, but there are over 12k (over 14k all-time) members on this site, and the numbers grow every day; it doesn't only revolve around you and your wants. If people type with grammar that isn't flawless, if people post images they find amusing/interesting/enthralling/"cancerous" (in your terms), etc., etc.... so what? People are simply having fun, being a part of what is generally an accepting and easy-going community (don't know where you're getting this "cyber-bullying" poppy-cock from); they're not doing any harm, aside from making you grumpy.
And that's really not that harmful in the long run now, is it?
If you don't like the community here, then allow me to repeat what Aegis said; just go to another site. Until then, you've got to learn to lighten up.

This post will probably come off as more bitter and negative than intended.

Post #4 · Posted at 2013-12-18 09:28:57pm 10.2 years ago

Offline King_Mew
King_Mew Avatar Member
269 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-06-27

Nintendo Network ID: mewy573
"Fast 'n Bulbous!"
It's the internet. Calm down.

A lot of people try to have good grammar. For some people on this forum, english is not a native language. And those who don't have perfect grammar usually do it for stylistic reasons. Not because they are lazy or stupid or whatever.

And regarding the "Cyberbullying" thing, most of the serious issues are taken care of by the moderators. That's why there's the new "Friendly" chat amongst other actions taken.

for some reason i really want to derail this thread with internet cancer help
http://mew151.net/creative/coke_a.png Rippin' bro, you cleared it!

Post #5 · Posted at 2013-12-18 09:51:09pm 10.2 years ago

Offline Freezepond
Freezepond Avatar Member
437 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-07-10

"hey knucklehead"

Last updated: 2013-12-18 09:52pm
Quote: Aegis
What you ask for is something that we cannot do without killing the site.

Killing the site? Enforcing rules to a site that is being killed by it's own users will kill it? I don't understand why people seem to think the worst part of a site is what makes it good. Like /b/ on 4chan, for example.

Quote: King_Mew
for some reason i really want to derail this thread with internet cancer help

Nothing has changed. My contemplation for becoming a normal visitor of this site just went down the toilet because of that bit of text. That is one thing to be proud of for today.
hey knucklehead

Post #6 · Posted at 2013-12-18 10:06:19pm 10.2 years ago

Offline Sigrev2
Sigrev2 Avatar Member+
4,159 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-10-17

Nintendo Network ID: Sigrev2Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2884-7660-37993DS Friend Code: 3883-7652-3160
"suffering from success"
Quote: Freezepond
Killing the site? Enforcing rules to a site that is being killed by it's own users will kill it?
Quote: Freezepond; first post
Back when I used to be a normal user, I couldn't go a day without reading random threads and seeing atleast 1 thread that was brought off topic by the third post, filled with nothing but lame tumblr posts, image macros, and anything else that most people would consider "internet cancer". Why are there no rules against this?
Quote: AnonyWolf
All I can gather from your post, Freezepond, is that you want everyone on the site to stop what they're doing and change their behavior, attitude, and demeanor to your exact measurements just so you can be happy.
You're basically saying that you want everyone on the site to behave the same way, say similar (if not the same) things, and act according to how you want them to act. Trying to remove any ounce of personality from the community just so you can browse happily.
This is a forum; not a dictatorship, especially not a dictatorship run by you.

Post #7 · Posted at 2013-12-18 10:14:03pm 10.2 years ago

Offline Freezepond
Freezepond Avatar Member
437 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-07-10

"hey knucklehead"

Last updated: 2013-12-18 10:15pm
Quote: AnonyWolf
You're basically saying that you want everyone on the site to behave the same way, say similar (if not the same) things, and act according to how you want them to act. Trying to remove any ounce of personality from the community just so you can browse happily.
This is a forum; not a dictatorship, especially not a dictatorship run by you.

I am in no way saying that people can't have personalities, or have to act like me. I am just saying I am tired of people posting random shitstorms in every thread until the thread gets locked. And because I get tired of people going off topic and I want it to stop, I am a dictator. Makes sense...
hey knucklehead

Post #8 · Posted at 2013-12-18 10:21:27pm 10.2 years ago

Offline Silverhawke
Silverhawke Avatar Member+
4,606 Posts
Indonesia
Reg. 2009-01-27

3DS Friend Code: 3496-9710-9426
"highwind fluffdragon"
Quote: Freezepond
I am in no way saying that people can't have personalities, or have to act like me. I am just saying I am tired of people posting random shitstorms in every thread until the thread gets locked. And because I get tired of people going off topic and I want it to stop, I am a dictator. Makes sense...

I think you're quantizing too much there, you better come up with examples because as far as I've seen, only a minority of thread gets extremely derailed until it gets locked.
my homepage → silverhawke.xyz

Post #9 · Posted at 2013-12-18 10:32:53pm 10.2 years ago

Offline Sigrev2
Sigrev2 Avatar Member+
4,159 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-10-17

"suffering from success"

Last updated: 2013-12-18 10:36pm
Except people don't shit post in every thread "until it gets locked". Last time a thread was locked, to my knowledge, was because a certain someone decided to spam up a random thread* a spambot came into the forum and posted some bullshit about dresses. This was a few months ago. At least around early October. That's two whole months since a locked thread, and there have been plenty of threads made during that time.
Except people rarely go off-topic in threads anymore. Unless you're counting the Let It Out thread, which would be a ridiculous thing to do, considering how that thread has no central topic.
Except you are trying to get people to post according to you. Maybe those aren't the exact words you said, but it's not that hard to see that this idea was the whole point of this thread; you were sick of people posting in ways you didn't like (posting pictures, not using proper grammar/punctuation, etc.), so you wanted the mods to implement rules that are more strict and more harsh just so you could browse in solace.
If this wasn't a thread devoted to you trying to get your way, then ask yourself this; if these rules were implemented, aside from it benefiting you, how would these rules benefit the site? How would preventing people from posting how they wanted help make the site a better place for the entire community? If anything, putting such restrictions on the community would likely drive more people away from the site. And how would that be beneficial?
So, I'll say it again: people are simply having fun, being a part of what is generally an accepting and easy-going community; they're not doing any harm. If you don't like the community here, just go to another site. Until then, you've got to learn to lighten up.

*I stand corrected: this was a different incident, and the thread it happened in is not locked.

Post #10 · Posted at 2013-12-18 11:15:39pm 10.2 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
Well, freezepond has a point though. There was a time when some of you guys were being the biggest idiots and killing threads with your junk, adding nothing to threads, but I don't see that too much nowadays. Then again, I don't make threads that people can't handle as of late.Wink

Post #11 · Posted at 2013-12-19 12:37:38am 10.2 years ago

Offline Astroman129
Astroman129 Avatar Member
1,953 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-02-25

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6942-4517-60103DS Friend Code: 0645-5928-9360
" ♫~~ I'm wired to the world ~~♫"
I think we should just create a spam forum to release our stress but it doesn't increase post count. :p

I appreciate that you brought this up, though I don't necessarily agree.

Post #12 · Posted at 2013-12-19 12:49:29am 10.2 years ago

Offline Freezepond
Freezepond Avatar Member
437 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-07-10

"hey knucklehead"

Last updated: 2013-12-19 01:01am
Quote: Astroman129
I think we should just create a spam forum to release our stress but it doesn't increase post count. :p

I appreciate that you brought this up, though I don't necessarily agree.

I honestly think that sounds like a good idea. Every other forum website (atleast the ones I have seen) has a junk forum where people can spam smilies AND MAKE HUGE-GANTIC POSTS THAT LOOK LIKE THIS, why doesn't this site have one?

Append:

In retrospect, maybe making a thread at 5:00 AM, while mice infest my house, and going through a minor to medium caffeine withdrawl wasn't such a good idea. My appologies to anyone who replied, but the world seemed a lot worse than it really is. You guys really aren't all that bad. This thread could get locked now, but if anyone decides to shit it up until then, it is fine with me.

Green Grin Spam your hearts out.
hey knucklehead

Post #13 · Posted at 2013-12-19 01:13:34am 10.2 years ago

Offline Rwr4539
Rwr4539 Avatar Moderator+
1,013 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2007-02-03

"I'm like Peter Pan, but a prick"

Last updated: 2013-12-19 01:15am
EDIT: Never mind I don't want to get banned for the 102934785934th time

Post #14 · Posted at 2013-12-19 01:31:58am 10.2 years ago

Offline xXMokou98Xx
xXMokou98Xx Avatar Member
2,461 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-07-07

Nintendo Network ID: pinkscones
"meme school"
Let's not do this, being given the "ok" to do so doesn't make it ok.
Yiss ©Ayumi Promotions, 2012
http://imgur.com/Gly172P.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/alUsLeu.jpg
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 04:58:44
This page took 0.012 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language