Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2013-12-16 04:41:22am 10.2 years ago

Offline RyogAkari
RyogAkari Avatar Member
51 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-08-06

Last updated: 2014-10-05 02:37pm
Since Bemanistyle went away unexpectedly I've had to think of a new base to hold sales of the Minimaid Product. I have a longer FAQ underneath but the basic idea is Minimaid is a direct plug and play device that will allow you to run Stepmania and OpentITG from your PC directly to your Dance Dance Revolution Arcade Machine. Purchasing information is listed below the FAQ.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6012/5962777740_48123af070.jpg

FAQ:
Q. What is this?

A. This is an adapter board designed to plug into your computer via the USB slot. It will allow you to play Stepmania 3.9+ Redux on your ddr arcade machine plus Open ITG (beta 2) for Windows! Both Programs will be supplied by myself as a download along with all of the other necessary files for minimaid (as well as manuals!) Please note that light functionality only works with Stepmania 3.9+ Redux and OpenITG beta 2 for Windows XP. Minimaid is capable of running all versions of stepmania and openitg though without light functions of course.

Q. Does this work? I've had problems using my Jpac...

A. It DOES work. As long as you have a working PC configuration free of syncing issues, video issues, booting issues, etc, this device should work for you. This device frees you of the lag issues experienced with the jpac and similar devices while trying to play stepmania, and Open ITG!

Q. Is there any messy setup involved?

A. No. We've worked as hard as we could to make this a plug and play experience. In most cases you will plug up your wiring as a direct connection. That should be the hardest part. Other than that, its a few quick file replacements, setting up 15khz (optional in some cases depending on monitor), replacing a couple files and/or adding a few pieces of data to some .bat and/or .ini files and you will be good to go. Setup time is approximately 5 to 10 minutes once you know what you are doing.

Q. I'm not as familiar with my cabinet's wiring and/or the program files as you might think I am. Are you sure I can do this?

A. Once the device is released there will be a downloadable file that will include pictures and a tutorial on plugging up your device and setting it up for play. You will also be able to use this thread for assistance. We won't leave you hanging in the wind!

Q. Does this Device do anything else cool except input?

A. Yes, it runs lights and runs video into your JAMMA Harness with the use of soft15KHz program and a custom 15KHz setting we will include in our torrent.

Q. I already have Soft15 installed since I use my JPAC. Will I have to make any changes?

A. Yes. Many people have a problem of some video being clipped on the top or bottom while using a JPAC and the standard soft 15 setup. Our device was designed with a superior video amp but it requires some modification to the normal installation of soft 15. Simply open soft 15, uninstall, and then reinstall with the custom .txt file we will provide. The picture is MUCH cleaner than you could get with a jpac.

Q. Do you have any proof of this device working?

A.

STEPMANIA

Attract Sequence with Lights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5tP4A6JNEA

Playthrough Test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tfGcck6wW0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Working Pad Lights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsfRTYqZ-ys

OPEN IN THE GROOVE

Open ITG Boot and Attract Sequence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaIGp-FyVpI

Open ITG Playthrough Test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcqx_Bhual8

Working Pad Lights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFUvldndW_s

MINIMAID MANUALS AND STEPMANIA /OITG FOR MINIMAID:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwfzg9kwg1xjaba/Bemanistyle+Minimaid+Care+Package+Ver+0.93.zip

This is the 5th run of Minimaid which was first produced almost 3 years ago. Currently the device is available for preorder as quantity for runs are always limited and demand keeps going strong for the device. For those from Bemanistyle they will be able to testify as to the wonderful use of this device. I first plugged up my device 3 years ago and have never looked back!

We are hoping to start the run at the turn of the year and production time usually takes 2-3 months. Parts and Chips are gathered, boards are shipped off and assembled and then each and every device is fully tested by myself, securely packaged up and shipped with full insurance and tracking. Also through the development process Ill keep everyone informed as to where we are in the production process!

Pricing:

Devices are $320 shipped with insurance within the United States for full payment. If you live in an International location from the United States shipping is $25 extra.

If you would rather you may place a non-refundable deposit on the device of $103. Finished payments would be made due starting one week within expected time for shipment of the devices to you. Deposits are again non-refundable and non-transferable to other individuals. Full Payments are also non-refundable, non-transferable.

Payments are to be made Paypal only however there is no nonsense with fees and gifting and all that stuff, just the list price you see above, no more no less!

If you are interested in a purchase please PM me! I'll get all the necessary info I need from you to place your purchase or deposit and then add you to the list of buyers.

If you have any questions please please feel free to ask! I'm very excited to be able to offer this product to a new market of people and hope that along the way other people will chime in as to the success of the product they bought from previous runs on other sites. Thanks again and hope to add you as a customer!

Orders:

1. prettyboi - paid in full - shipped
2. LemonInside - Paid In Full - shipped
3. flip314 - Paid in Full - shipped
4. Zero6823 - Paid in Full -shipped
5. Dustpanda - paid in full - shipped
6. Adamn - paid in full - shipped
7. vilepickle - paid in full - supernova model

Post #2 · Posted at 2013-12-16 05:00:15am 10.2 years ago

Offline prettyboi
prettyboi Avatar Member
20 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2012-12-08

very excited for this!

Post #3 · Posted at 2013-12-17 05:09:03am 10.2 years ago

Offline Zero6823
Zero6823 Avatar Member
28 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-12-16

Will this device support a coin mech? It would be used in an actual arcade.

Post #4 · Posted at 2013-12-17 05:52:10am 10.2 years ago

Offline RyogAkari
RyogAkari Avatar Member
51 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-08-06

Last updated: 2013-12-17 07:10am
Thank you for the question. It does indeed support coinmech. In this video I coin up the machine in stepmania as a part of the playthrough test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tfGcck6wW0

As an addendum to this post, while we do not block the functionality of the coin mech minimaid was not intended for use as a revenue earning device. If you choose to earn revenue while using the device you accept all risk and responsibility for doing so.

Post #5 · Posted at 2013-12-17 08:02:15am 10.2 years ago

Offline flip314
flip314 Avatar Member
1 Post
Not Set
Reg. 2013-12-17

Does it work with OpenITG on linux?

Post #6 · Posted at 2013-12-17 10:44:18am 10.2 years ago

Offline RyogAkari
RyogAkari Avatar Member
51 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-08-06

Last updated: 2013-12-17 10:47am
The device itself interprets the pad steps and the buttons on any version of stepmania or openITG on any OS however the lights interpretation is only good for Windows Stepmania 3.9+ redux and OpenITG beta 2. It is also NOT recommended that you run Windows 7 or above as it causes all sorts of problems. The Manual specifies more in detail however I cant offer any support for windows 7 or 8 as I can't even figure out how much it messes things up and how to deal with it. On Windows XP it runs slick and correctly (again referring to lights input)

Post #7 · Posted at 2013-12-17 07:16:10pm 10.2 years ago

Offline razorblade
razorblade Avatar Member
1,099 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-03-01

Does it has support for SM5?

Post #8 · Posted at 2013-12-18 02:55:53am 10.2 years ago

Offline RyogAkari
RyogAkari Avatar Member
51 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-08-06

Last updated: 2013-12-18 02:58am
The device itself will interpret all button functions (face, pad, coin, start, etc) from all versions of stepmania and openITG however the light functions that we use were only available on stepmania 3.9+ redux and openITG beta 2. So yes, it does work to play on SM5 but there wont be any lights.

Minimaid itself doesnt produce the light information. Stepmania 3.9+ redux has lighting information sent out by the game originally over the parallel port that we reinterpreted to run through the USB. When the game tells minimaid which light to light minimaid then lights that light.

Post #9 · Posted at 2013-12-24 04:13:01am 10.2 years ago

Offline xaero
xaero Avatar Member
4 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2013-03-19

I already purchased one of these previously, and it works perfectly on Windows 7 when OpenITG/Stepmania is installed OUTSIDE of Program Files. I haven't tested it inside Program Files, but SM/oITG doesn't work well with Windows Vista+'s Virtual Store stuff anyways.
That said, I have a question for RyogAkari - I asked this on the Bemanistyle forums before they went down - but I was wondering if I might be able to get source for the Minimaid driver for OpenITG on Windows, I believe it is very possible to finish the partial Linux driver - which can be found here:
https://github.com/buzzert/openitg/tree/master/src/io

This driver supports everything, but the lighting implementation is left unfinished. It'd be nice to have full minimaid support on Linux since it would then serve as a drop in replacement for ITGIO in the case that it dies for both dedi's and conversions. All they would have to do is switch to OpenITG and drop in the minimaid drivers.

Furthermore, I'd like to finish my ArchLinux based OpenITG installer image - which will (hopefully) support ATi, nVidia, and intel graphics chipsets in addition to ITGIO, PIUIO, MiniMaid, J-PAC/PAC-DRIVE and keyboard/mouse or joystick mode pads. The Arch base will allow it to fully support almost every audio chipset on the market, which will make maintaining a cabinet much easier since parts will be less restricted. Minimaid support is clearly crucial to this image working properly.

Post #10 · Posted at 2013-12-24 04:22:32am 10.2 years ago

Offline StarCreator
StarCreator Avatar Member
134 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-01-20

Definitely pick one of these up if you own a cab and want to play more than the stock hardware allows for. Ours works great!

Odd question - is it possible to use -only- the video amp, and none of the input functions? Which JAMMA lines have to be connected to get just the video amp working?

Post #11 · Posted at 2013-12-24 05:28:37am 10.2 years ago

Offline Opoth
Opoth Avatar Member
23 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2007-03-13

I've got one of these and it was a gamechanger for my cabinet. I don't think I've gone back to my 573 since I bought it. Stepmania, OpenITG and more all at your fingertips - it really brought my DDR machine back to life!

Post #12 · Posted at 2013-12-24 08:29:55am 10.2 years ago

Offline 370K
370K Avatar Banned
70 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-12-21

Game Center Nickname: K!r8¥
"Single, in a HyperNOVA..."
Can this work with Windows 8?
I'm planning to convert a DDR cabinet with SM5 on Windows 8. Smile
I will remember my rough past forever... And the people who have supported me...

Post #13 · Posted at 2013-12-24 12:11:25pm 10.2 years ago

Offline RyogAkari
RyogAkari Avatar Member
51 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-08-06

xaero, thanks for the info!

StarCreator - Im sure you could make it work. You can refer to a standard JAMMA pin out for the most part for this device, atleast as far as the video is concerned. Sadly I can't offer any more support for this endeavor for you.

Opoth - thanks for the plug! =)

370K - I'm sure you could but I don't even own windows 8 let alone have had a chance to mess with it. When we set out more than 4 years ago to design this XP was still very relevant even in it's old age and the 3.9+ redux was our target since we could convert the parallel signals for lights into USB signals for lights. Sadly I can offer no support in your endeavor for Windows 8!

Post #14 · Posted at 2013-12-24 12:16:26pm 10.2 years ago

Offline 370K
370K Avatar Banned
70 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-12-21

Quote: RyogAkari
xaero, thanks for the info!

StarCreator - Im sure you could make it work. You can refer to a standard JAMMA pin out for the most part for this device, atleast as far as the video is concerned. Sadly I can't offer any more support for this endeavor for you.

Opoth - thanks for the plug! =)

370K - I'm sure you could but I don't even own windows 8 let alone have had a chance to mess with it. When we set out more than 4 years ago to design this XP was still very relevant even in it's old age and the 3.9+ redux was our target since we could convert the parallel signals for lights into USB signals for lights. Sadly I can offer no support in your endeavor for Windows 8!

So, that means I cannot convert using MiniMaid on Windows 8 at all?
I will remember my rough past forever... And the people who have supported me...

Post #15 · Posted at 2013-12-24 09:16:46pm 10.2 years ago

Offline RyogAkari
RyogAkari Avatar Member
51 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-08-06

370K - No, Minimaid should be fully compatible with Windows 8 as a plug and play device that will turn your pad buttons and face buttons and test, service, etc into keyboard presses. You should be able to plug in the device, boot up the stepmania or oITG of your choice and assign the button and pad presses to go along with the corresponding ones in the game through the test menu on stepmania and oITG of your choice.

What I am saying is trying to specifically install and run Stepmania 3.9+ redux or oITG Beta 2 along with the files for making the lights work may not be possible. When we tried it with Windows 7 we were faced with multiple issues from the game crashing out right to the buttons working but no lights to sometimes in some situations getting it all to work. It was enough of a problem that we didnt recommend anyone use it in that scenario and if your goal was lights/buttons then to us Windows XP as that was the operating system Stepmania 3.9+ redux was written to run on. As from people working with it like xaero there have been people who have gotten it to run however its enough of a problem that I cannot offer support or recommend it. Plus I dont even have windows 8 so I can't replicate any problems you might have to help you solve them should you go that route and try to get the full lights package working on it.

TLDR: Minimaid WILL work on Windows 8 plug and play for buttons/pads to be translated into keyboard presses which you can assign as game buttons in the test menu of the stepmania/oITG of your choice.
You may not however be able to specifically get stepmania 3.9+ redux with the lights to work in a windows 8 enviroment without some problems that I will not be able to help you with.

Post #16 · Posted at 2013-12-24 10:23:34pm 10.2 years ago

Offline 370K
370K Avatar Banned
70 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-12-21

Quote: RyogAkari
370K - No, Minimaid should be fully compatible with Windows 8 as a plug and play device that will turn your pad buttons and face buttons and test, service, etc into keyboard presses. You should be able to plug in the device, boot up the stepmania or oITG of your choice and assign the button and pad presses to go along with the corresponding ones in the game through the test menu on stepmania and oITG of your choice.

What I am saying is trying to specifically install and run Stepmania 3.9+ redux or oITG Beta 2 along with the files for making the lights work may not be possible. When we tried it with Windows 7 we were faced with multiple issues from the game crashing out right to the buttons working but no lights to sometimes in some situations getting it all to work. It was enough of a problem that we didnt recommend anyone use it in that scenario and if your goal was lights/buttons then to us Windows XP as that was the operating system Stepmania 3.9+ redux was written to run on. As from people working with it like xaero there have been people who have gotten it to run however its enough of a problem that I cannot offer support or recommend it. Plus I dont even have windows 8 so I can't replicate any problems you might have to help you solve them should you go that route and try to get the full lights package working on it.

TLDR: Minimaid WILL work on Windows 8 plug and play for buttons/pads to be translated into keyboard presses which you can assign as game buttons in the test menu of the stepmania/oITG of your choice.
You may not however be able to specifically get stepmania 3.9+ redux with the lights to work in a windows 8 enviroment without some problems that I will not be able to help you with.

Got it, I'm running SM5 only though. So it'll still work with CONFIG KEYS/JOY MAPPINGS but not with lights. Confused

Post #17 · Posted at 2013-12-24 10:58:32pm 10.2 years ago

Offline RyogAkari
RyogAkari Avatar Member
51 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-08-06

Last updated: 2013-12-24 11:01pm
Right, which now you may ask: "why minimaid over jpac without lights".

If you play for the casual experience you may not notice much of a difference between minimaid and jpac, however if you are one to play for score minimaid is definitely your best option.

I myself used a jpac for a long time before minimaid came about. I had to set the global offset to ridiculous proportions and even widen the marvelous and perfect window past arcade timings to get what I felt were semi accurate scores in comparison to DDR Extreme and other arcade mixes. jpac simply wasnt designed for the dance machine application. Not only is there a noticeable lag that you have to use the global offset for there is an inconsistency in the timing window itself when the jpac sends the information of each key press to your computer. Minimaid fixes both of those accounts. Since switching to minimaid I no longer use any global offset and I am able to set my marvelous/perfect timing windows to arcade timings.

Minimaid was designed from the ground up to be the best possible interactive tool between your DDR Arcade machine and your computer. If you want the feeling that arcade mixes give you as far as timing goes then minimaid is your best bet. If you want a cheaper, more casual experience then the jpac is for you.

Post #18 · Posted at 2013-12-24 11:03:03pm 10.2 years ago

Offline 370K
370K Avatar Banned
70 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-12-21

Pricing:

Devices are $320 shipped with insurance within the United States for full payment. If you live in an International location from the United States shipping is $25 extra.

Well, it's an easier setup, no global offset changes, no crashing? It's a worth it price!

Post #19 · Posted at 2013-12-24 11:16:12pm 10.2 years ago

Offline razorblade
razorblade Avatar Member
1,099 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-03-01

I remember seeing somebody's video on youtube demonstrating the lights working fine using SM5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHOKFOU-VAo

Post #20 · Posted at 2013-12-24 11:45:54pm 10.2 years ago

Offline 370K
370K Avatar Banned
70 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-12-21

Quote: razorblade
I remember seeing somebody's video on youtube demonstrating the lights working fine using SM5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHOKFOU-VAo

Well, what do you know! Big Grin
It can work lights with SM5!
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 06:11:52
This page took 0.014 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language