Logo

Need Help. How Do You Upgrade A ITG2 Conversion Kit Put Into A DDR Machine?

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2013-11-21 02:22:55pm 10.3 years ago

Offline Deathbyillusion
Deathbyillusion Avatar Member
7 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-11-11

Sorry if this was covered but looking at the 4 pages of ITG stuff I didn't see anything. I just got this machine and it was put into a DDR machine one of the old DDR machines that have the playstation memory card slots. My questions is how do I upgrade it? It's currently on r16 and want to upgrade it to r21so I can play custom songs off a flashdrive. I just found out on wiki that they customers songs only were first implemented on r21 and not an earlier version. Do I put the r21 file on a flash drive and plug it into like the p1 or p2 use hub and then go to the service menu and choose the upgrade setting? (I forget what the actual name is called in the service menu but I did see a upgrade option.) Or Do I have to plug a flash drive into the motherboard? Hopefully that's not the case as it was hard enough for me to connect the use cable in there though a slit on the back of the computer using locking tweezers because for some reason they had the use connect to the memory card slots that are for the front of the machine and when turning on the machine it was telling me that the uuse hub wasn't connected. As I didn't want to have to slide it out and take part the thing cause there is a lot of cables plugged into different things.

Also I have a newer Sandisk 4gb USB flash drive with the U3 software on it and when I plug it in to the USB hub it registers it but has an X over the USB icon and then when I start the game it says like USB mount error. I looked on line and was reading the ITG tends to not like newer flash drives especially with the U3 software on it. It was recommended that you use a U3 uninstaller to completely get ride of that to help but sometimes that doesn't do the trick. So my question is is my flash drive incompatible? I also tried it for my its 2 for pc and it won't even register that I plugged something in. I'm hopping that's all that's wrong. Next what would be a working flash drive that would for sure work on my cabinet. I and a older one somewhere but it's lost in moving boxes and can't find it. L

Also as far as updating it is it as simple as downloading the update file and putting it onto the root of the flash drive and selecting that update option and letting the machine do it's thing?

Post #2 · Posted at 2013-12-04 11:43:57pm 10.2 years ago

Offline tj28
tj28 Avatar Member
107 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-05-30

Quote: Deathbyillusion
Do I put the r21 file on a flash drive and plug it into like the p1 or p2 use hub and then go to the service menu and choose the upgrade setting?
yes

So my question is is my flash drive incompatible?
probably. ITG is extremely picky with USB drives.

Also as far as updating it is it as simple as downloading the update file and putting it onto the root of the flash drive and selecting that update option and letting the machine do it's thing?
yes

Post #3 · Posted at 2013-12-10 12:49:41am 10.2 years ago

Offline Deathbyillusion
Deathbyillusion Avatar Member
7 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-11-11

Thank you,

I figured out for some reason my flash drive works ONLY if I have it plugged in before I turn on the machine. If I unplug it during any time ITG 2 is booted up I get the card read mount error when trying to put it back in. If I take a screen shot to save it to my flash drive that also causes it to not read anymore until i turn off the machine and reboot. No stores carry anything lower then 4gb so its extremely hard to get a low capacity card. I have seen some stuff online but I want to make sure im getting something that will work instead of wasting my money. Also the machine is stubborn booting up the hard drive and I have to flip the switch on and off about a dozen or so times before I hear the fan turn on and then the hard drive click on. Know what that would be all about?
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 09:14:04
This page took 0.004 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language