Post #1 · Posted at 2013-06-06 07:31:37am 10.7 years ago

Offline 8bit
8bit Avatar Member
22 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-05-07

Game Center Nickname: .3k
"ANIME FIGHT FTW!!!"
Why is E-Amusement only for Japan? It should be for NA, SA, and other countries. Annoyed RIGHT??? but seriously. what do you think?

Pixelate the world..... Turn Earth into squares..... Why? I am 8-bit.

Post #2 · Posted at 2013-06-06 07:50:40am 10.7 years ago

Offline OrangeRight
OrangeRight Avatar Member
426 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-07-04

Nintendo Network ID: OrangeRightNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1170-8046-88273DS Friend Code: 1934-0734-5304Game Center Nickname: OrangeRight
"It's a rectangular cuboid!"
Simple answer: Konami isn't officially releasing any arcade games in the west that use it.
http://imgur.com/iYNhpam.png
Thanks, Lord Toon! - My Simfiles *last updated 1/14/18*

Post #3 · Posted at 2013-06-06 07:52:29am 10.7 years ago

Offline 8bit
8bit Avatar Member
22 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-05-07

"ANIME FIGHT FTW!!!"
at least put 1 DDR X3 vs. 2nd Mix here!!! like srsly. just please Konami. please.

Post #4 · Posted at 2013-06-06 08:00:02am 10.7 years ago

Offline CynicalOkie
CynicalOkie Avatar Member
541 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-02-27

3DS Friend Code: 5370-1122-8774
"Care cup is empty! c[_]"
Some DDR X3s have actually showed up here. Albeit around California, Nevada, and New York, I think. Perhaps over time, they won't be the last, but let's face it: Since the Western markets are just hideous for music-based games, there's absolutely no use investing money to bring e-amusement here.

Post #5 · Posted at 2013-06-06 08:12:45am 10.7 years ago

Offline xXMokou98Xx
xXMokou98Xx Avatar Member
2,461 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-07-07

Nintendo Network ID: pinkscones
"meme school"
There's very little upside to bringing E-Amusement to a country where decent arcades are sparse and dont get as much daily traffic as they did in the past. The overall lack of interest in DDR in the US doesn't help either.
Yiss ©Ayumi Promotions, 2012
http://imgur.com/Gly172P.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/alUsLeu.jpg

Post #6 · Posted at 2013-06-06 09:14:29am 10.7 years ago

Offline yindesu
yindesu Avatar Member
782 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-01-02

Last updated: 2013-06-06 09:16am
Real eAmusement is not free and it's a wonder that Round 1 USA even makes enough money to justify the cost given how only two machines (two Tricoros) can connect. (In Asia it wouldn't be unusual to have a single arcade have a dozen machines connected all making money simultaneously.)

Quote: CynicalOkie
Some DDR X3s have actually showed up here. Albeit around California, Nevada, and New York, I think. Perhaps over time, they won't be the last, but let's face it: Since the Western markets are just hideous for music-based games, there's absolutely no use investing money to bring e-amusement here.
Protip: all the DDR X3's in America besides for Round 1's are bootlegs running on a bootleg network. This isn't exactly a secret so let's not pretend it is. Dead giveaway is the fact that real DDR X3 service ended on April 30.

Finally, eAmusement is not only for Japan. Even Australia has it.

Post #7 · Posted at 2013-06-06 09:22:31am 10.7 years ago

Offline Kon
Kon Avatar Member
1,288 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-07-02

"OMG KON!"

Last updated: 2013-06-06 09:25am
There is a long list of reasons why e-amuse was never really released in the States. For starters though I would like to start by saying that there is currently two arcades that run e-amusement as of right now. Both location are Round1 in California. Not only that but a American version of the service running on its own independent servers (separate from japan's) was offered but only one location ever took advantage of it (Brunswick Zone in Naperville, IL).

There is a REALLY long story about how e-amusement was going to be offered to North America with new arcade cabinets, but I am going to mostly skip this part because it really came down to "Plans for Guitar Freaks, drummania and beatmania IIDX being purchased were simply too low". Now DDR was different and SN2 with e-amuse for the very least was going to be offered at many Brunswick Zone locations. But just like the purchase plans for GFdm and IIDX most of the plans to purchase and support were completely dropped by the company.

DDR X rolled around and e-amuse wave pass readers were pre-installed in the new cabinets. Arcades could choose to operate with e-amuse, but would need to do a few things to get them online.
-Arcade has to have a static IP
-Arcade must purchase/rent any equipment
-Arcade must pay a monthly fee
-Arcade must be connected to internet (obviously)
All these things combined resulted in all arcades shying away from supporting. Why? Mostly cost and the hassle of hooking up a arcade machine to the internet. Why would they need to go through the trouble when there was really no benefit to the arcade running it and other online services (like Platinum Crew being a recent example) being free and accessible.

I am leaving out a lot I am sure but if I wanted to give a quick easy summary with a explanation along the lines of "we had it, we (technically) have it, but no one cares enough to pay/setup".

Post #8 · Posted at 2013-06-06 09:23:31am 10.7 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
We may not ever get e-amuse in the states-oh wait, anywhere OUTSIDE California to be exact, South America I have no idea how their music gaming scene is, but if it's anything like the US, there is also no hope for e-amuse to show up there as well. Europe never even stood a chance sadly, and they never will get anything BEMANI related either (well DDR if officially dead in Europe, the US DDR side is on life support, and Asia is pretty much ballin' with the service.)

So yeah, that pretty much wraps up this thread. For a second though I though this thread meant that we WERE going to be getting some form of e-amuse service albeit online through consoles or whatever, but we can all dream can we?

Post #9 · Posted at 2013-06-06 09:24:48am 10.7 years ago

Offline yindesu
yindesu Avatar Member
782 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-01-02

Quote: Kon
I am leaving out a lot I am sure but if I wanted to give a quick easy summary with a explanation along the lines of "we had it, we (technically) have it, but no one cares enough to pay/setup".

We may have had a USA-regions version of eAmusement but we certainly don't have it anymore. DDR X2 cabinets don't have card reader support, period.

Post #10 · Posted at 2013-06-06 09:27:53am 10.7 years ago

Offline Kon
Kon Avatar Member
1,288 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-07-02

"OMG KON!"

Last updated: 2013-06-06 09:28am
Quote: yindesu
Quote: Kon

We may have had a USA-regions version of eAmusement but we certainly don't have it anymore. DDR X2 cabinets don't have card reader support, period.
I never said we still have the American e-amusement service. It was shut down shortly after the DDR X location test in Naperville IL. We do have e-amuse here, its the Japanese service running at Round1, that is all I am saying.

Also I said DDR X had wave pass readers. X2 obviously doesn't, there isn't even pinpads on it or a setting in the operator menu to enable the network.

Post #11 · Posted at 2013-06-07 01:28:55am 10.7 years ago

Offline 8bit
8bit Avatar Member
22 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-05-07

"ANIME FIGHT FTW!!!"
HEY MAX!!!!! I'M RYU!!! LIKE FOR REALZ!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA! dancingstagesucks.

Post #12 · Posted at 2013-06-07 02:44:07am 10.7 years ago

Offline DJjeff2010
DJjeff2010 Avatar Member
595 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-06-09

"PLACE YOUR BET!!"

Last updated: 2013-06-07 02:45am
OK! Bottom line is, Konami has no plans to release any of the recent Bemani games here that use it. End of story. Only exception is the Round 1's in Cali that import the japanese versions, and they are owned by Konami and that's really the only place that would utilize the service with their games. You want them released internationally with e-amuse? Then write a letter to Konami or something, other than that, preaching to us about it is not gonna help your cause. All of us would love to see the games released here with the service, but it's out of our hands.

Post #13 · Posted at 2013-06-07 03:15:19am 10.7 years ago

Offline xXMokou98Xx
xXMokou98Xx Avatar Member
2,461 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-07-07

Nintendo Network ID: pinkscones
"meme school"
preaching to us about it is not gonna help your cause.

No one's really preaching anything, someone asked a simple question.
Yiss ©Ayumi Promotions, 2012
http://imgur.com/Gly172P.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/alUsLeu.jpg

Post #14 · Posted at 2014-05-31 06:08:35pm 9.8 years ago

Offline leondance781
leondance781 Avatar Member
11 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2013-01-13

As games as like DDR X, or DDR X2 in such as TX or MA, It doesn't have E- Amusement. All it has is Edit Data. Plus, E Amusement Cards are maybe expensive and people might not go there if you converted into USD. It costs alot of money. Think of it as a E Amusement Card Dispenser. Same with Paseli, It's too expensive unless Konami can make the prices low. Even though games like DDR X3, They might or not have e amusement because i didn't been there. E amusement cards are expensive. So Konami didn't put E Amusement Games as like reflec beat and the game i just mention. So it's not in Dave & Busters or in Putt Putt Golf (Yes that place has arcade games)

Post #15 · Posted at 2014-05-31 06:47:12pm 9.8 years ago

Offline yindesu
yindesu Avatar Member
782 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-01-02

woosh

Quote: leondance781
Plus, E Amusement Cards are maybe expensive and people might not go there if you converted into USD. It costs alot of money. Think of it as a E Amusement Card Dispenser. Same with Paseli, It's too expensive unless Konami can make the prices low. Even though games like DDR X3, They might or not have e amusement because i didn't been there. E amusement cards are expensive.

e-Amusement cards have a list price of $3, and the Paseli-Yen exchange rate is 1:1. Obviously that's not "expensive" and it's not the reason we don't have e-Amusement.

Post #16 · Posted at 2014-05-31 10:58:28pm 9.8 years ago

Offline BemaniHyper
BemaniHyper Avatar Member+
1,434 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-09-13

As games as like DDR X, or DDR X2 in such as TX or MA, It doesn't have E- Amusement. All it has is Edit Data. Plus, E Amusement Cards are maybe expensive and people might not go there if you converted into USD. It costs alot of money. Think of it as a E Amusement Card Dispenser. Same with Paseli, It's too expensive unless Konami can make the prices low. Even though games like DDR X3, They might or not have e amusement because i didn't been there. E amusement cards are expensive. So Konami didn't put E Amusement Games as like reflec beat and the game i just mention. So it's not in Dave & Busters or in Putt Putt Golf (Yes that place has arcade games)

WHY WOULD YOU BUMP A YEAR-OLD THREAD

Post #17 · Posted at 2014-06-01 02:39:39pm 9.8 years ago

Offline DJjeff2010
DJjeff2010 Avatar Member
595 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-06-09

"PLACE YOUR BET!!"

Last updated: 2014-06-01 02:49pm

Dude, e-amuse cards aren't expensive. He's right, they only cost around $3, and costs is not the reason e-amuse isn't released over here. There aren't enough arcades here that want the service or the games to warrant releasing it here. The arcade scene in the US is pretty much next to dead, and Konami isn't gonna invest their time and money into releasing a system or their games here because of this. In a market where redemption is the money maker and are the most popular with arcade operators here, music games that are difficult like beatmania IIDX and Pop'n music will not make any money here because nobody will play them but the community of rhythm game players, which is considered small over the majority of arcade goers in the US. Releasing e-amuse here is a waste of time. My local arcade has both IIDX and pop'n and the owner says they make very little compared to his other games like his shooters and racing games, so I rest my case.

Post #18 · Posted at 2014-06-01 03:21:12pm 9.8 years ago

Offline bmhedgehog
bmhedgehog Avatar Banned+
3,136 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2008-07-13

"BANNED"
Agreed. The arcade scene is pretty much just about dead and the rhythm gamers are few and far in between. TBH if Konami, back in the day, would have taken the time to export their arcades instead of having the arcades import them then maybe things would be better now. Then again there's that problem of arcades dying out and we only have ourselves to blame on that one since we wanted arcades ported to the home consoles, so we got our wish.

Post #19 · Posted at 2014-06-01 03:33:09pm 9.8 years ago

Offline BemaniHyper
BemaniHyper Avatar Member+
1,434 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-09-13

Didn't they have a location test for E-Amusement back when SN2 was current, and it flopped? That's probably most of the reason why there's no E-Amusement.

Post #20 · Posted at 2014-06-01 03:42:49pm 9.8 years ago

Offline Quadrasputnik
Quadrasputnik Avatar Banned
191 Posts
Netherlands
Reg. 2013-07-18

Game Center Nickname: Bravelion765
Quote: PinkiePieGamer
Didn't they have a location test for E-Amusement back when SN2 was current, and it flopped? That's probably most of the reason why there's no E-Amusement.

Why do arcades need to be registered by Konami again?
Nu Heat is Max Headroom.
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 11:39:29
This page took 0.014 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language