Logo

Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved (International)

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2013-06-05 05:59:56am 10.7 years ago

Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"

Last updated: 2014-03-31 06:11am

In Fantasia: Music Evolved, players enter the magical realms of Fantasia, selected by the legendary sorcerer Yen Sid to hone their musical and magical prowess as his new apprentice. Fantasia: Music Evolved takes players on an interactive and immersive motion-controlled journey through worlds of music and magic, unleashing their creativity along the way. Fantasia: Music Evolved will be available in 2014 for Xbox One and Kinect for Xbox 360.

You play the Sorcerer’s Apprentice. Not Mickey, but you, as the new Apprentice of Yensid. You will “literally don the hat and cape and conduct music into the world,” says Disney executive producer Chris Nicholls. “It’s less about music simulation and more about music creation,” adds Harmonix’s John Drake.

Players use their body movements to — like magic — transform a colorful, vivid interactive world inspired by the original film. Like the Dance Central video games, Fantasia: Music Evolved makes use of the Kinect motion sensor; its camera captures the player's body and puts their silhouette on screen. Fantasia: Music Evolved is expected to be released next year for Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Chris Nicholls, an executive producer at Disney, noted at a press event that Fantasia never reached its full potential of storytelling through music. The aim was to make music more accessible by giving people a visual language for experiencing it. He said that Walt Disney wanted to release new versions of it in regular installments, but that never happened. When it was released in 1940, it required theaters to be set up with 100 loudspeakers, all synchronized to the picture. But it only got to 12 theaters before World War II derailed it.

“We dug into it and its innovations in cinematography behind the scenes,” Nicholls said. “Walt had always imagined Fantasia as an evolving platform of music and content and animation. It would live through the years with new music and new content released in the theaters. That never happened.”

Fantasia: Music Evolved will include 25 songs including electronic DJ and producer AVICII, chart-topper Bruno Mars , and rock royalty Queen. In the songs players can change the mix in real-time, choose between different remixed versions and add new layers of music via music manipulators that allow them to change music in exciting and surprising new ways.

GamesBeat: One thing that’s carrying over are tracks. You have 25 tracks described in this first press release. Is that where it bears some similarity to something like Rock Band?

Rigopulos: There will be licensed music — and quite a lot of it. We have some pretty amazing licensed music in the game. That licensed music will address a wider span of time, because in addition to contemporary hit music and music stretching back to the ’60s, we also go back in centuries. We’ll be incorporating classical music in the game as well as a fusion of musical elements across this entire time span. There’s some level of similarity to games like Rock Band in that, yes, there’s incredible licensed music in the game, but the way that we’re creatively manipulating that content is a whole new dimension.

The track list has so far confirmed the following:

David Bowie - "Ziggy Stardust"
Antonin Dvorak - "Symphony No. 9 from the New World"
Lorde – “Royals”
Nicki Minaj - "Super Bass"
White Stripes - "Seven Nation Army"

Previously announced tracks:

AVICII - "Levels"
Fun. - "Some Nights"
Kimbra - "Settle Down"
Bruno Mars - "Locked Out Of Heaven"
Modest Mussorgski - "Night On Bald Mountain"
Queen - "Bohemian Rhapsody"
Antonio Vivaldi - "The Four Seasons: Winter, 1st Movement"

About Disney Interactive: Disney Interactive, one of the world’s largest creators of high-quality interactive entertainment across all platforms, is the part of The Walt Disney Company responsible for the global creation and delivery of interactive entertainment, multi-platform video games, and family-focused content across all current and emerging digital media platforms.

About Harmonix: Harmonix is one of the world’s leading independent game development studios best known for creating the blockbuster music game franchises Rock Band and Dance Central.

Post #2 · Posted at 2013-06-05 06:02:19am 10.7 years ago

Offline Ashura96
Ashura96 Avatar Member+
2,805 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-13

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8981-1256Game Center Nickname: Ashura_96
"shakeitdon'tbreakit"
FantasiaEVOLVED / DisneyUnderground

Post #3 · Posted at 2013-06-05 06:25:08am 10.7 years ago

Offline DDR Addict
DDR Addict Avatar Member
1,464 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-09-23

Nintendo Network ID: RimeTM3DS Friend Code: 3454-0657-8756
"Let's Do the Rain Dance"
Know and love all the choices aside from the Kimbra track that I don't know, but 2 things sort of bother me:

-I would've thought an original Queen track would make it here, not a Rock Band repeat, especially not to mention a rather high profile one for band use.

-I wish the licensing here could've been used for a certain two games: Some Nights (and maybe Locked Out of Heaven) for Rock Band and Levels for Dance Central. Pipe dream, but I know Some Nights in particular was highly requested after We Are Young made it to Blitz.

The game itself seems a bit freeform, even moreso than Rhythm Party, and the trailer is giving me uncomfortable DDR PS3 vibes, but I think it could work. It looks like Harmonix still has pretty good creative control in this project, and I can tell the soundtrack at least will satisfy.

Post #4 · Posted at 2013-06-05 10:31:17am 10.7 years ago

Offline ledgam3r1279
ledgam3r1279 Avatar Member+
993 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-10-14

"now led_light for short"
Considering that the game is based off of Fantasia, any licensed music seems completely out of place to me in this game. I wonder how much of the game is actually based on the Fantasia movie as well as how much the gameplay is choreographed vs. freeform (or how much of the music you can change/experiment).

It kind of reminds me of this:

DDR A3 Rival Code: 3115-3633 | Like my work? Become a patron today!
Latest Simfiles:
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/Demon%20Lord/Demon%20Lord-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/Anarchy/Anarchy-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/Bewitched/Bewitched-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/The%20Most%20Wanted%20Person%20In%20the%20United%20States/The%20Most%20Wanted%20Person%20In%20the%20United%20States-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/999%20%28666%20Camellia%27s%20Unofficial%20Rejected%20Remix%29/999%20%28666%20Camellia%27s%20Unofficial%20Rejected%20Remix%29-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/God%20Sees%20All%20%28Odyssey%20Eurobeat%20Bootleg%29/God%20Sees%20All%20%28Odyssey%20Eurobeat%20Bootleg%29-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/Up%20N%27%20Down/Up%20N%27%20Down-jacket.png

Post #5 · Posted at 2013-06-05 10:35:13am 10.7 years ago

Offline silenttype01
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"

Last updated: 2013-06-05 10:37am
Harmonix and Disney's intention with the game is not to recreate the movie in video game format, but to achieve Walt's ambitions with the original Fantasia project: which is to combine the medium of art and music to immerse the audience as much as possible.

I'm looking forward to the game's possibility of creating unique mixes of each song and very glad that Harmonix is implementing a recording feature to record your run. No two songs will sound alike!! Big Grin

I hate that it's a Microsoft exclusive. Can't do much since the game requires the kinect technology to even exist.

And Harmonix needs to release a better trailer because that one doesn't explain anything and made the facebook fanbase think it's another Dance Central copy-cat.

Post #6 · Posted at 2013-06-05 11:14:57am 10.7 years ago

Offline Pie-kun
Pie-kun Avatar Member+
6,172 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-03-25

"On ZiV I'm like Princess Diana"

Last updated: 2013-06-05 11:14am
Mixed reactions from the trailer. The concept seems cool, but the trailer is utterly useless in showing how the game is actually going to function and play.

The Fantasia connection seems pretty forced so far, but maybe it will be expanded upon further.

EDIT: Oh wow, I just went to the YouTube page for that video...Not a great initial reaction.

Post #7 · Posted at 2013-06-10 05:44:16am 10.7 years ago

Offline silenttype01
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"

Last updated: 2013-06-10 05:44am
E3 First Look Special (June 07, 2013)

Fantasia: Music Evolved isn’t the game the Xbox One needs right now, but the one it deserves - Save Continue

Fantasia: Music Evolved is certainly not the game the Xbox One needs to be a killer console, only furthering the idea that Microsoft is shoving the Kinect down our throats when we don’t necessarily want it, even going so far as integrating it with console processes and requiring the device to be plugged in for the One to work. In fact, it’s a downright shame that the title will be appearing on such a restrictive console. And it’s also not Shooter of Duty: Combat in Space Desert or whatever that would certainly sell millions of units with no problem.

Yet, Fantasia is a game that we deserve, because it’s beautiful, just like everything else Harmonix have done. It gives us another reason to enjoy music in ways we never really considered and connect with it beyond the ideas of triggering samples with plastic instruments or mirroring moves on a screen. It will allow us to connect with musicians we love (and maybe some you don’t love just yet) and give you the opportunity to experience them in ways you never considered and to draw your own web of fantasy from one imaginative mind to another using your own.

Post #8 · Posted at 2013-06-11 04:32:32pm 10.7 years ago

Offline ledgam3r1279
ledgam3r1279 Avatar Member+
993 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-10-14

"now led_light for short"

Last updated: 2013-06-11 04:41pm
I love how some people don't realize that this is not an original concept (haha).
I still don't see enough gameplay and features to be sold yet, especially ones concerning how much freedom we really have with the music; nevertheless, I'd say for now that Child of Eden both looks and sounds better than this IMO.

BUMP: Some footage of the E3 demo:

From the video, there will be "over 25" songs on-disc with DLC planned for the future. Each song contains three remixes (read: the original song and two remixes) that you can switch in-between sections, and there are one or two "musical manipulator" parts where you can actually add certain audio effects (i.e. delay, echo, equalizer). So you really don't have complete control over the music, but you do have some freedom on how you remix the songs already given to you (albeit for a small part of the song).
DDR A3 Rival Code: 3115-3633 | Like my work? Become a patron today!
Latest Simfiles:
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/Demon%20Lord/Demon%20Lord-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/Anarchy/Anarchy-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/Bewitched/Bewitched-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/The%20Most%20Wanted%20Person%20In%20the%20United%20States/The%20Most%20Wanted%20Person%20In%20the%20United%20States-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/999%20%28666%20Camellia%27s%20Unofficial%20Rejected%20Remix%29/999%20%28666%20Camellia%27s%20Unofficial%20Rejected%20Remix%29-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/God%20Sees%20All%20%28Odyssey%20Eurobeat%20Bootleg%29/God%20Sees%20All%20%28Odyssey%20Eurobeat%20Bootleg%29-jacket.pnghttps://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/The%20Complete%20led_light%20Collection/Up%20N%27%20Down/Up%20N%27%20Down-jacket.png

Post #9 · Posted at 2014-03-31 05:56:22am 9.9 years ago

Offline silenttype01
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"

Last updated: 2014-03-31 05:56am
E3 2013: Fantasia: Music Evolved: Quick Look Road Show - Giant Bomb (approx 20 min)

Giant Bomb has a more in-depth look into the gameplay mechanics, while explaining and showing how the levels work in combining the songs.

EDIT:
http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/mar-announcement/

Today we announced new songs, a new realm, and multiplayer details for Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved!

Two-player multiplayer gameplay for Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved is played cooperatively and as part of a friendly competition, allowing players to collaborate and engage with the classic hits that they love in an entirely new way. By choosing unique remix paths and discovering musical interactions to create new melodies, beats, and more, Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved gives players an unprecedented amount of freedom to be creative while having fun!

Newly announced tracks that will appear in the game are:

David Bowie - "Ziggy Stardust"
Antonin Dvorak - "Symphony No. 9 from the New World"
Lorde – “Royals”
Nicki Minaj - "Super Bass"
White Stripes - "Seven Nation Army"

Previously announced tracks:

AVICII - "Levels"
Fun. - "Some Nights"
Kimbra - "Settle Down"
Bruno Mars - "Locked Out Of Heaven"
Modest Mussorgski - "Night On Bald Mountain"
Queen - "Bohemian Rhapsody"
Antonio Vivaldi - "The Four Seasons: Winter, 1st Movement"

Today we've also revealed an all-new interactive discovery realm, The Hollow. This mysterious forest environment comes to life as users perform songs and interact with the world to add light, color, and characters to the scene. From creating their own melody by sprouting musical mushrooms to guiding frolicking fairies through this woodland wonderland, players will be delighted by what they discover in The Hollow.

Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved will be available for Xbox One and Kinect for Xbox 360 in 2014. Featuring over 30 tracks – including contemporary hits, classic rock, classical music, and more – Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved transports players to a breathtaking world where music and magic combine to transform extraordinary interactive landscapes in entirely new and creative ways.

Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 2% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 09:49:34
This page took 0.012 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language