silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"

Last updated: 2014-04-12 12:08am
Rock Band DLC Re-licensing Info - Updated Quarterly
Quote: HMXcj
We wanted to give you a heads up on an upcoming change to a limited number of older legacy DLC songs currently available in the Rock Band library. When licensing songs for release for any platform, including DLC, agreements include term limits on how long the content may be sold on a given platform. This isn’t specific to Rock Band – it’s something that exists in pretty much all licensing agreements. Now, over 5 years since the release of the first batch of Rock Band DLC, we’re reaching the end of some of the earliest licenses we secured. Our Music Team has been hard at work extending these licenses to make sure that this has as small an impact on the community as possible, but there may be a very limited number of songs that will no longer be offered for new purchases in the Rock Band store.

What does this mean for you, Jane and John Q Rock Band? Read on:

If you’ve already bought these tracks, nothing changes. Tracks that you’ve purchased/downloaded are yours. Relicensing should not affect content already in your library.
Select legacy tracks, primarily from the earliest DLC releases, may no longer be offered for new purchase in the Rock Band Store. Again, if you’ve already purchased these tracks you should be entirely unaffected.
If for any reason you need to redownload this content (i.e. in cases of console transfer, hard drive space management, etc.) you should be able to do so even if that content is no longer available for new purchasers in the store. For more information on how to redownload content, check your download history on your console or online, and consult 1st party support channels

We’ll post as more information becomes available, with relicensing updates likely coming in on a quarterly basis. We’re hard at work to minimize the impact on the Rock Band catalog and Rock Band community, securing extensions for an overwhelming majority of content and, most importantly, making it a priority to give you advance notice in the future if songs are expiring and have to come down. We’ll do our best to make sure that you have one last chance to buy these legacy catalog tracks!

Rock on,
Harmonix

Quote: hmxhenry
Hey gang,

Not much of an announcement this time around, as we expect to re secure all licenses for this quarter! That's still not set in stone, and there's always chance that we may get urgent requests from some labels / bands that require our immediate attention, but for now we don't believe that we'll be pulling anything from the store this quarter.

If that plan changes at all, we'll be sure to announce which content is at risk, and give the community as much notice as possible so you don't miss out on a last chance to purchase. As always, tracks you already own aren't included in these re licensing efforts, so if you've already purchased specific tracks then you've got nothing to worry about.

Unless something urgent pops up, expect the next re licensing update in about 3 months time.

***4/4 EDIT***

Unfortunately it turns out that we do have two updates to make regarding this wave of re licensing after all.

Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" will be coming out of the DLC store on 4/30. We know, definitely a bummer. But on the other hand, literally everyone in the world should already own this song! It's one of the most popular tracks in RB, and is absolutely essential in an RB party setting. And it's only $1. And remember, if you've already bought "Don't Stop Believing" then you won't be affected by this change at all.

Additionally, after 5 years of availability the 20 Free DLC offer from Rock Band 2 has expired, and the redemption page is no longer live. As with other previously purchased / downloaded content, if you already have these tracks then nothing changes for you.

Previously removed songs

Crooked X - “Gone”
Crooked X - "Rock 'n' Roll Dream"
Die Toten Hosen - "Hier Kommt Alex"
The Janitors - Get Your Rock On
Les Wampas - "Manu Chao"
Locksley - All Over Again
Locksley - Don't Make Me Wait
Locksley - She Does
Metallica - "...And Justice for All"
Metallica - "Blackened"
Metallica - "Ride the Lightning"
Naked Brothers Band - “Body I Occupy”
Naked Brothers Band - “I Don’t Want To Go To School”
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tell Me Baby
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Apache Rose Peacock
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Breaking the Girl
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Funky Monks
Red Hot Chili Peppers - I Could Have Lied
Red Hot Chili Peppers - If You Have to Ask
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Mellowship Slinky in B Major
Red Hot Chili Peppers - My Lovely Man
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Naked in the Rain
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Sir Psycho Sexy
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Suck My Kiss
Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Greeting Song
Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Power of Equality
Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Righteous and The Wicked
Red Hot Chili Peppers - They're Red Hot
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge
Scars on Broadway - “They Say”
System of a Down - “B.Y.O.B.”
System of a Down - “Toxicity”
T.Rex - Bang A Gong
The Material - "Moving to Seattle"
Them Terribles - "Bullets & Guns"
Tokio Hotel - "Monsoon"
Tokio Hotel - “Ready, Set, Go!”
Vesuvius - "Promised Land"

Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 03:20:26
This page took 0.004 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language