WTB: ITG2 dedicab

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2013-05-03 12:21:06pm 10.9 years ago

Offline zomboyfanatic
zomboyfanatic Avatar Member
1 Post
Not Set
Reg. 2013-05-03

I've been a huge fanatic of In The Groove 2 for many years now and I've finally been in the market to buy a dedicab! I live near Chicago and any help in finding one would be a great help! Please pm me or reply to this post if you have any leads! Thanks!

Post #2 · Posted at 2013-05-03 09:48:18pm 10.9 years ago

Offline bmhedgehog
bmhedgehog Avatar Banned+
3,136 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2008-07-13

"BANNED"
well there is always Ebay for the most part. Then theres channelbeat.com, though some may not recommend it. Also try checking out Craigslist.com or for a long shot freecycle.com.

Post #3 · Posted at 2013-05-03 10:27:01pm 10.9 years ago

Offline ddrencoremyst
ddrencoremyst Avatar Member+
142 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-08-31

Last updated: 2013-05-03 10:29pm
I really do not want to hurt your feelings, however I do not want you to be disappointed either. To be more realistic, ITG2 dedicated cabinets rarely show up for sale in this day and age and there is three reasons behind that.

1. What was sold of them are long, gone, and scooped up. Either by an arcade business or by a private collector. When it comes to hardware, an ITG2 dedicab remains to be the best 4-panel dance machine on the U.S. market. They have not been on the new game market since 2006. The most recent outside-of-Japan releases of DDR (X and X2) are significantly inferior when it comes to durability. the old Gen 1 and 1.5 cabs for DDR (1st through SuperNOVA 2) and are okay, but you have a smaller monitor (which is a Japanese CRT monitor so it is not easy or cheap for significant repairs).

2. ITG2 Dedicated Cabinet = Easy Stepmania for Arcades. Converting a DDR machine to run Stepmania requires special hardware (a input board, an output board, a special VGA card, a reasonably powerful computer [that can fit inside the freaking machine]) running Stepmania that is programmed just right. A ITG2 dedicated cabinet can be converted to run OpenITG (a hacked build of the original ITG software) which can run on the existing hardware components, which makes it cheap (if not any additional cost). Because of this, the desire to obtain a ITG2 dedicated cabinet has incraesed and makes them even more rare.

3. Failing logics. A significant problem these days. The logics originally built into ITG2 dedicabs are starting to fail across the country. This is due to either the use of improper hacking, or just plain failure of the HDD's inside. I work for an arcade provider myself and we at one time had several ITG2 dedicated cabinets and converted cabinets however we are down to a couple dozen machines and dwindling. The cost to refurb a logic through a third party service is $4,000, and we are starting to now scrap salvage machines that break down completely.

So with these in mind consider the following,

- If you are still interested in pursuing a machine, have at least $8,000 ready if not more, an ITG2 dedicated cabinet can go for as much as $12,000 in today's day and age depending on condition. Also consider depending on location of the machine and your available resources it can cost as much as $4,000 to transport it.
- Converting a DDR Extreme to Stepmania may prove a better value, machines are readily available for around $2,500 (less if you look really hard enough), you may still have as much of a shipping cost though. You can find the necessary parts online here. Of course you still need to spend money on the machine, find your preferred build of Stepmania (3.9, OpenITG, 5, etc). Get songs, and do a lot of work to get it just right. But it can be worth it if budget is a concern.

(Dead account - No longer participating)

Post #4 · Posted at 2013-05-03 10:30:56pm 10.9 years ago

Offline neodude237
neodude237 Avatar Member
1,169 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-17

Don't ever use channelbeat.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-19 07:48:57
This page took 0.006 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language