Logo

DDR Extreme Error 132 (But good checksums)

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2013-05-02 03:02:59am 10.9 years ago

Offline YdoUask
YdoUask Avatar Member
3 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-04-26

Last updated: 2013-05-02 03:02am
Howdy everyone, I've been lurking for about a year and learning what I could (The guides to make your own dancepad really helped me replace my shot ITG2 one), but I couldn't find a thread for a problem like this. First things first, I own my own arcade games (ITG, and a bunch of fighters, hopefully a Technika or Beatmania soon), but this one is from the arcade I work at (to fund buying my own arcade games). It was working fairly well for a good month or so, near as I could tell the only mods they did to it was to convert it to a card system instead of coins and it's a pretty nice cab, it has the memory cards reader so it's pretty nice. I was told it's been down for the past ~5 months because the monitor died, and before that it took a bunch of resets to get past the casset error but now the monitor's in, but this time no amount of resets gets past the error (132).

I wrote down all the info I could prior to the error screen, here's the process:
1: Power on
2: Screen shows Konami copyright 1997
3: Boot version 1.95 CD Rom
4: Then it goes to the checksums, all of which clear, except
5: PC Card 2 fails, and then stops booting and shows this error.

From what I can tell, it doesn't seem like a bootleg, all the instruction text is in Japanese, and there weren't any songs that shouldn't be there, but I'll have my phone back this weekend so I can actually take some pictures. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Also, worst case scenario, a complete board swap would fix it, if nothing else, right?

Ok dokie. Now with more information and images:

Info wise, as you can see it's a digital version with a flash card rather than an actual casset. The Writing on the case says that the CD rom is bad, but I only once had it fail at that stage, and that was because I improperly re-mounteted it (IE; didn't). I tried putting the only flash card in the other slot, and got an error saying machine not recognized, so the card at least appears to be in the right spot, it is just completely missing the other card. So, it first blush all I have to do is get a new set of Flash Cards. Is that right? Where do I get them from / how much are they? (Sorry guys I have much more experiene in computer music games and fightin arcade games than this specific system)

Image link below: (Don't want to eat server space with direct images)

http://imgur.com/eO3FZoi,kit267Q,YtNJ5Or,ja5f0qm,vq2JoH2,MWosXnN,5gsc4VY,OPd2Bci,ZPsl5yi,QsGstX8,ek84FMT,qoeVv8f,zKsUYeK,tHWDo7G

Post #2 · Posted at 2013-05-02 03:51:04am 10.9 years ago

Offline Kon
Kon Avatar Member
1,288 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-07-02

"OMG KON!"
You are on the right track.

Your flash card is the problem with your machine booting. PC card 2 error means the card is either not present in slot 2 of the 573 or there is a problem with it (write protection on, card is dead, etc.). The cards do have a life where it can only be read so many times so if the write protection is off on your flash card and it is inserted into slot 2 then that's probably your problem.

Unfortunately finding a new one is insanely difficult if yours turns out to be dead. Me and a few others have only found one alternative so far due to it needing it to precisely what the 573 needs. You might just need to keep a eye on ebay and other websites until a official one shows up. I would also make certain that the flash card is 100% dead before jumping to conclusions. Throw the card in a computer and see if you can read and write to it or something.

Post #3 · Posted at 2013-05-02 04:45:08am 10.9 years ago

Offline Brazen
Brazen Avatar Member+
450 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2007-06-14

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0062-1793

Last updated: 2013-05-02 04:46am
If it is infact the flash card, I am able to replace these for $100 + shipping. I have about 2 left.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/321568_10151612903472437_621372497_n.jpg
http://brazen.zenius-i-vanisher.com/other/teampear.png

Post #4 · Posted at 2013-05-02 04:47:32pm 10.9 years ago

Offline YdoUask
YdoUask Avatar Member
3 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-04-26

Quote: Kon
You are on the right track.

Your flash card is the problem with your machine booting. PC card 2 error means the card is either not present in slot 2 of the 573 or there is a problem with it (write protection on, card is dead, etc.). The cards do have a life where it can only be read so many times so if the write protection is off on your flash card and it is inserted into slot 2 then that's probably your problem.

Unfortunately finding a new one is insanely difficult if yours turns out to be dead. Me and a few others have only found one alternative so far due to it needing it to precisely what the 573 needs. You might just need to keep a eye on ebay and other websites until a official one shows up. I would also make certain that the flash card is 100% dead before jumping to conclusions. Throw the card in a computer and see if you can read and write to it or something.

Thanks, it's not a full image but here's the Flash Card in it's original position
http://imgur.com/QsGstX8
It's hard to tell from the image, but having actually looked at it, there's only one card in there, and nothing in the other slot. I read around that once a cartridge (this was for the analog version) was paired with the system, they couldn't be replaced, so would I need to pick up just one new cart, or would I need a set? Do they have to be completely blank before being inserted, or will the game overwrite anything stored on them on first boot?

(Thanks again for all the help so far, if I ever learn anything down the line from personal experience and someone asks about it, I'll be sure to reciprocate)

Post #5 · Posted at 2013-05-03 05:02:34am 10.9 years ago

Offline Kon
Kon Avatar Member
1,288 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-07-02

"OMG KON!"
You have the Flash Card in the correct slot, and you should be all set... Make sure write protection is OFF on the card before jumping to conclusions though. There is also only supposed to be one of those flash cards not two.

As for the cartridge, it depends what type of bootleg of DDR you are running (and I say bootleg because 99% chance you are running a bootleg if you are in America). Some use the security cartridge and some don't. Try running it without it once you are able to boot past the PC Card check.

If your Flash Card is not working, buy one from Brazen. $100 plus shipping is not that bad of a price considering how hard it is to replace. Just make sure that it is for sure not working (see my previous post to check).

Post #6 · Posted at 2013-05-04 08:28:33am 10.9 years ago

Offline YdoUask
YdoUask Avatar Member
3 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-04-26

Thanks for all the help. I'm gonna give Betson a ring to make triple sure it's a bootleg, I'd hate to ruin a factory stock extreme. But as far as everyone knows, how to fix it is the same right (new flash card )? I popped it open another time to make sure every thing was in the right slot and seated and able to be written to and still no luck. Soon as I hear back from Betson I'll update, I'd like to keep it as close to factory fresh as possible, but barring that, having it work would be nice. Big Grin Thanks again for all the help.

Post #7 · Posted at 2013-05-04 09:13:29am 10.9 years ago

Offline Kon
Kon Avatar Member
1,288 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-07-02

"OMG KON!"

Last updated: 2013-05-04 10:56am
I wouldn't bother asking Betson. They sell (or at one time did sell) bootleg EXTREME software and didn't say anything about it being official and I doubt they will confirm or deny its bootleg in the first place. They might be able to help you secure a flash card but I doubt they will beat the $100 flash card Brazen offered you.

The easiest way to tell your running a bootleg is by looking at the disc or bios chip to tell if its a bootleg. If the bios chip has a small board attached to it then its 100% bootleg. Discs are also missing some information that the legit ones have. Some discs are also burned CD-R's which is also a dead giveaway.

Post #8 · Posted at 2014-01-30 01:05:15pm 10.2 years ago

Offline indken90
indken90 Avatar Member
1 Post
United States
Reg. 2014-01-30

Quote: Brazen
If it is infact the flash card, I am able to replace these for $100 + shipping. I have about 2 left.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/321568_10151612903472437_621372497_n.jpg

Brazen - I just purchased a DDR Extreme Machine and destroyed my Flash Card by accidentally flipping power while initializing. Can i get a replacement?
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-25 17:10:37
This page took 0.008 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language