NoVa Thread

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2013-03-24 06:46:26am 11 years ago

Offline shirazu
shirazu Avatar Member
5 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-10-26

Anyone from the DC metro area play anymore? Like three DDR/ITG arcades closed in the last year here...I know no machines anywhere other than AMC Tyson's that has DDR SN, but not even worth it as they were strict about requiring a ticket to play which is $13 on the weekend.

Post #2 · Posted at 2013-06-11 06:52:46am 10.8 years ago

Offline GI Jeremiah
GI Jeremiah Avatar Member
8 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2013-04-26

Funny thing. Me and a few buddies were talking about starting a scene in the dmv area.

We just need setups (ps2s, computers) a place to play and people who are interested.

Post #3 · Posted at 2013-06-11 07:02:46am 10.8 years ago

Offline Adamn
Adamn Avatar Member
187 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-09-06

I went to play the Max 2 out there at a lazer tag place. It was one of the worst DDR experiences of my life! For a while, I was close to moving to nova, but things didn't work out with work. I wish you the best of luck... and, there's still a chance I'll be moving down there and bringing my DDR cab with me.

Post #4 · Posted at 2013-09-19 01:49:42am 10.5 years ago

Offline iidxzeus
iidxzeus Avatar Member
5 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-09-07

Zeus here, if anyone is familiar with me. I was the one that organized a group at Virginia Tech to get the machine down there in 2002 (which is actually still there). I live in northern Virginia now and I've been slowly trying to play DDR again, but there are hardly any machines left anymore. More specially, I live very close to Potomac Mills mall. We have a machine at the Laser Quest here, but it is a pretty horrible setup, and the "bad" pad is actually the better of the two pads now, despite the left speaker being out. One of the higher up managers simply does not like DDR players, so I expect this machine to get taken away without any notice.

I wanted to say that as recently as two weeks ago, the movie theater at Potomac Mills mall got rid of their Supernova machine. Not that it was a hot spot or even a good machine (the volume was extremely low, high bass, screen needed to be degaussed, etc), but it was one of the very few machines left in NoVa, and for a short while, we were lucky enough to have 2 machines within a 1 mile radius. Very rare for modern day DDR, even in northern Virginia. Anyone who plays DDR should also know Springfield mall is closed, but I'm unsure if the arcade will open back up when they reopen the mall. I was unaware of the DDRMax 2 machine off Franconia Rd, but I see it is a less than stellar location. The only other machine that is relatively close to Woodbridge is the one in Fredericksburg at Central Park Fun Land, which is entirely intended for children and teens, not young adults or grown men. They do have great pads though, very good overall condition, but the difficultly is cranked up really high so its essentially oni difficulty, even on the first song. I don't think there is anything else relatively close, except maybe King's Dominion, where I will not go just to play DDR, and perhaps the movie theater at Tyson's Corner mall, which you have to buy a ticket for.

What I want to know is where the machine that was at the movie theater went. We even had an american DDR X machine at the mall for a very, very short while, before they closed the whole arcade down. Playing on an american DDR X cabinet was a horrifying experience and I would never wish that on anybody. What I do want to know is what they are doing with these machines.

Post #5 · Posted at 2013-09-19 10:15:13am 10.5 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
Your best bet is to ask the owners/staff for any information as to who owns the machine(s) and where it is being kept. That's how I was able to know some of the machines here in my town have been removed and kept in a warehouse until further notice.

Post #6 · Posted at 2017-03-16 07:10:56am 7 years ago

Offline iidxzeus
iidxzeus Avatar Member
5 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-09-07

Just to update quickly, the only DDR machines left in the Northern Virginia area are at Dave and Busters in Springfield, VA (DDR A) and Central Park Fun Land in Fredericksburg, VA (DDR Supernova). The machine at Springfield is packed every time I go to play. Many people who were playing as far back as 2002 are showing up to play. I can't stand going through the main D&B entrance because it smells like they windex the glass entrance for an hour each day.

I was exactly right about Laser Quest. A week ago I went in and the machine was completely gone. Good riddance! A few months ago I checked it out and they had the machine turned off in the corner.

Springfield is now the play to be for DDR.

Post #7 · Posted at 2022-01-05 04:16:55am 2.2 years ago

Offline RobSouls
RobSouls Avatar Member
1 Post
United States
Reg. 2022-01-01

Round 1 in NOVA & Towson MD have machines. D&B in Capitol Heights supposedly has one, going to check it out this weekend
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 6% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 14:57:02
This page took 0.007 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language