[SM5 help] Axis issue SOLVED

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2013-03-21 09:28:30am 11 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"

Last updated: 2013-03-24 12:08am
So yeah, it's the infamous 'Axis Problem' most DDR players have when they try to connect their DDR Soft/Metal mat to their PC, only to find out pressing Left+Right and/or Up+Down does not register with the system, so you can't do jumps or holds or anything in between, and seeing that I bought a new metal mat along with a PS2 > PS3/PC converter, it's giving me the same thing :/

So let's begin, I got SM5 b1 downloaded, got some song packs, and then I got the X3 theme. The weird thing about this is that the FIRST time I plugged the converter to my PC, it actually worked fine, flawlessly even, no issues, no nothing, I was DDR'ing like my 8th grade self could handle. Afterwards i got the waiei theme (which is the best theme I've ever seen since...the EXTREMe theme and X2 theme tbh).

Around this time, probably the second/third time I turned it on/hooked it up, it decided to hate me for all that it was worth.

Here is what I've done to try and remedy the issue:

- Yes, I have tried the 'Up + Select + Start' Hold 'Dance Code' trick for 3 seconds, still doesn't work.
- I've tried uninstalling and re-installing SM5 (saving the songs and themes of course), tried to plug it back in, still nothing.

So now I am in quite a pickle, nothing seems to be working, however I did forget to mention that the first time I plugged in the converter box, as I was configuring the joypad mappings in the Options, instead of 'JoyLeft1' for the Left arrow, I got something that said 'JoyB16' or something like that. After looking through some forums and sites regarding this issue, what was happening was that the PS buttons ( O, X, Δ, Square) were being mapped instead of the d-pad configuration, which would then bypass the whole Axis Issue problem and would allow me to play without this issue.

Unfortunately, I don't know much coding, and I am honestly out of luck with trying to fix this from what I've been reading. Is there any way for me to map this differently so that it doesn't get the d-pad config but rather the PS button config? Or in general, anyway for me to fix this issue?

Post #2 · Posted at 2013-03-21 10:29:07pm 11 years ago

Offline tjbautista01
tjbautista01 Avatar Member
35 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2009-04-21

Have you tried checking Control Panel>Game Controllers ? It usually lists your controller there so you can check whether the pad registers both a button press and a direction (when you input the Dance pad code this happens to it) or just a direction.

Post #3 · Posted at 2013-03-24 12:06:16am 11 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
Yes I did, I literally tried everything, even using a PS2 controller to map the PS buttons onto the program, but it still hasn't worked :c

I've almost about given up with this when suddenly...

I fixed it Surprised

Thanks to this baby:

http://screenshots.en.sftcdn.net/en/scrn/6650000/6650369/ds3-tool-01-672x535.png

By changing the 'Options' on the controller, I was able to map the PS buttons onto the d-pad configuration. Tested it out and it bypasses the issue, I can now play SM5 in peace. And thankfully I can save the configuration so that it hopefully STAYS this way next time I plug the device back into my PC.

Al, you can lock this thread Puppy Face

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mapugnnAYK1qduy16o1_500.gif
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-19 01:30:47
This page took 0.006 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language