Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2013-02-07 09:21:52am 11.1 years ago

Offline Shukuwuku
Shukuwuku Avatar Member
10 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-01-27

February 20th, 6pm EST

I don't know what's being announced or where they're announcing it, but I'd assume it is something to do with the next Playstation console along with maybe other E3 materials and that it's probably going to be announced on their website.

Discuss and stuff!

Post #2 · Posted at 2013-02-07 10:09:20am 11.1 years ago

Offline xXMokou98Xx
xXMokou98Xx Avatar Member
2,461 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-07-07

Nintendo Network ID: pinkscones
"meme school"
Part of me thinks that if Sony is releasing any information on a new console, it'll be pretty brief. I have my doubts that they would be so far in the development process of a new console that only now would they even be releasing information about it. Then again, they've proven me wrong in the past, i'd like to see what they have in store for E3 this year.
Yiss ©Ayumi Promotions, 2012
http://imgur.com/Gly172P.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/alUsLeu.jpg

Post #3 · Posted at 2013-02-07 12:19:06pm 11.1 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
I agree with Mokou, this may just be a "This is the PS4" announcement, with some few angles and shots of the console as well as the controller with little to no core-information about the system itself. Everything else will probably be discussed at E3 and hell, the console may even APPEAR at this years E3 given the reasoning for such an early announcement.

Or it could be the next Playstation Portable (never thought of that did you? :v).

Post #4 · Posted at 2013-02-07 12:29:21pm 11.1 years ago

Offline Astroman129
Astroman129 Avatar Member
1,953 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-02-25

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6942-4517-60103DS Friend Code: 0645-5928-9360
" ♫~~ I'm wired to the world ~~♫"
^ that being said, it will presumably be announced before E3 (at least I think so). When you get down to it, by then, the Wii U will already have had a seven-month head start, and who knows what Microsoft's plans are? If Sony didn't release their new console until, say, 2014, a lot of fans are gonna be pretty pissed. At least, I would be.

But I never really cared about Sony anyway.

Post #5 · Posted at 2013-02-07 01:15:47pm 11.1 years ago

Offline Willards KA PA
Willards KA PA Avatar Banned
444 Posts
Saint Lucia
Reg. 2011-10-01

Time to start saving.
I don't play simulators. Only the real official games.

Post #6 · Posted at 2013-02-07 03:31:15pm 11.1 years ago

Offline n00b_saib0t
n00b_saib0t Avatar Member
2,279 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: n00bsaib0tNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-7875-2425-72033DS Friend Code: 4871-6557-4900
"F***ing exhausted."
This next console will be the moment of truth for Sony in the console market. The Vita is a powerhouse but the 3DS is beating it into the ground, even as good games are starting to come out for the Vita it just isn't picking up in sales.

On another note, why are people so excited for PS4 and 720? Any graphical improvements will be VERY minor on our current TVs supporting only up to 1080p. It will be like the minor difference in graphics between X-Box and 360 when still using an SDTV. I really don't think that the next gen consoles will be as huge of an improvement over last gen. Nintendo definitely had the right idea waiting until now to release the Wii U as their 1080p console, it's half the price of a PS3 at launch because the parts are so much cheaper now. Really, all Sony and Microsoft can really do is add some ram and a better processor, graphics won't improve THAT much compared to the last jump from X-Box to 360.
Quote: sharibetsu in The Unwritten Rules of ZIv thread
Any popular thread must have at least one debate between n00b_saib0t and someone else.

Post #7 · Posted at 2013-02-14 07:02:31am 11 years ago

Offline Shukuwuku
Shukuwuku Avatar Member
10 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-01-27

Last updated: 2013-02-14 07:02am
I agree that graphics will probably not improve too much from the PS3, but I think they can make many other improvements: better motion capture equipment, bigger HDD, improve software (only reason I say this one is because I heard that a lot of indie developers say that programming games for the PS3 is more difficult because of the software in the PS3. I don't have any evidence to back that up, but yeah), and possibly to confirm the rumors that have been going around about the new consoles making all of their games incapable of being borrowed and resold.

Rumors about new XBOX not playing used games

Some Kotaku articles:
Report from Kotaku about said rumors (though specific to XBOX)
"Next [gen] most likely won't be backwards compatible"

I can't seem to find any articles talking about the new Sony system not playing used games, but there is this survey that says that a lot of people won't buy the new console if it blocks the ability to buy preowned games.

Post #8 · Posted at 2013-02-14 07:08:31am 11 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
If Sony is dumb enough to not let their next gen console be even slightly backwards compatible with their PS3 games, the console is going to be a no-buy for a good majority of Sony/gamer fans. Not even exclusives could get them to buy the system unless they are groundbreaking amazement.

I think that this now boils down to who is going to be the dumb ass to not allow backwards compatibility as well as the option of not allowing used games to be played n the console. Well, close to one week left until we find out more about this.

Post #9 · Posted at 2013-02-14 07:08:38am 11 years ago

Offline xXMokou98Xx
xXMokou98Xx Avatar Member
2,461 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-07-07

Nintendo Network ID: pinkscones
"meme school"
I dont think that the big time companies wouldok, im gonna stop right there.

The big time companies shouldn't believe that this would ever be a good idea. Unless they start a system of only releasing games via an online store, there's no reason to not allow used copies of a game to be playable on a console, it doesn't even make sense given how many people only buy used games.
Yiss ©Ayumi Promotions, 2012
http://imgur.com/Gly172P.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/alUsLeu.jpg

Post #10 · Posted at 2013-02-14 07:16:37am 11 years ago

Offline Shukuwuku
Shukuwuku Avatar Member
10 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-01-27

Unless they start a system of only releasing games via an online store, there's no reason to not allow used copies of a game to be playable on a console, it doesn't even make sense given how many people only buy used games.

Some statistics show a rise in digital sales, though I think those are generic digital sales as opposed to being specific to one console (PS3, XBOX, or PC). The rise in digital sales might be more for the PC than the systems with Gamestop barely even carrying PC games anymore.

Maybe they are going for an all digital gaming environment. I hope not...

Post #11 · Posted at 2013-02-14 07:20:49am 11 years ago

Offline Daiz
Daiz Avatar Member+
1,465 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-29

3DS Friend Code: 0490-4991-3615
"TAKING IT TO THE PIE"
Quote: xXMokou98Xx

The big time companies shouldn't believe that this would ever be a good idea. Unless they start a system of only releasing games via an online store, there's no reason to not allow used copies of a game to be playable on a console, it doesn't even make sense given how many people only buy used games.

There's more to it than that. Services such as GameFly will be pushed into nonexistence and gaming companies would be more than happy to do that, as BlockBuster faced lawsuits when it began doing game rentals. Luckily, the courts ruled in Blockbuster's favor allowing game rentals to be possible.

Also, if you want to bring your game to a friend's house or to a party, it won't happen if you don't bring you system with it. The only way banning used games could work is if all game companies did this at the exact same time. If one company supports it, it'll get stomped.

As for used games, though, I think overall it would be a negative impact, but I can see why the companies would prefer it. Once a game store buys a game at whole sale, the money is sent to the publisher and that's it. Used games don't generate any money for anyone but used game stores.

Post #12 · Posted at 2013-02-14 07:56:22am 11 years ago

Offline Shukuwuku
Shukuwuku Avatar Member
10 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-01-27

Last updated: 2013-02-14 08:05am
If Sony is dumb enough to not let their next gen console be even slightly backwards compatible with their PS3 games, the console is going to be a no-buy for a good majority of Sony/gamer fans.

They're probably going to pull another "Hey, it's backwards compatible!" *a year later* "Just kidding!"

Well, close to one week left until we find out more about this.

I'm counting down the hours Laughing Hard

Just came across this Edge report talking about the trailer and new details.

Feb. 20th, 6pm EST, Sony will be hosting an event titled 'See the Future'.

New controller features the touchpad from the PS Vita, US and Japan launch by Christmas and EURO launch by early 2014, and specifications on the system.

I always wonder who these 'sources' are; if I was working at Sony and had detailed information on the system, I wouldn't leak it, and though I know that not all people are like me, I always wonder if the source is a fake or a plant, either from the company the 'leaks' are coming from or from other companies to bash on each other. Good example of the last one is probably this, though in all honesty, that one is probably true.

Information on the next Playstation according to SuperDaE as of Jan. 23, 2013

You can log into multiple accounts at the same time (on the same system)! Hopefully this one will remain true.

That's it for now. Remember, none of this information is confirmed, and even the information that is locked down in January 2013 may change before the console's eventual release, which is likely not for at least another nine months, at minimum. This is just what we've been told Sony is working on and planning for as of [Jan. 23, 2013]

Post #13 · Posted at 2013-02-18 04:34:58pm 11 years ago

Offline n00b_saib0t
n00b_saib0t Avatar Member
2,279 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: n00bsaib0tNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-7875-2425-72033DS Friend Code: 4871-6557-4900
"F***ing exhausted."
Quote: xXMokou98Xx

They'll probably do what most PC games do and let you buy a key, which will likely cause used prices to drop. Who wants to pay $50 for a used copy AND $20 for a key when you can buy new for $60? No, Game Stop will likely start charging $20 for a used game and then we also buy a key and we can play used games.

Everything about the rumors says they will register the game to your console, they never said you can't play used games in any capacity.
Quote: sharibetsu in The Unwritten Rules of ZIv thread
Any popular thread must have at least one debate between n00b_saib0t and someone else.

Post #14 · Posted at 2013-05-08 02:26:16pm 10.8 years ago

Offline Shukuwuku
Shukuwuku Avatar Member
10 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-01-27

Sorry, haven't been on in a few months. Anyways, I thought I should at least update this forum to have the PS4 Announcement from Feb. 21st.

They're most likely going to make more announcements about the PS4 at E3, like showing the actual system to everyone and maybe even have the chance for E3 goers to interact with the console.

Also, XBOX is announcing their new system May 21st. I guess everybody is trying to get their names out early for some reason. Maybe it's to stunt the growth of indie game systems early on.

Post #15 · Posted at 2013-05-08 04:30:32pm 10.8 years ago

Offline SM MaxX
SM MaxX Avatar Member+
910 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-08-30

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1495-0040-1058
"I play too much touhou"
The thought of having the biggest social gaming network in the world kinda worries me about future games, if that "Always-on" crap is any indicator.
http://i.imgur.com/EvGgqSs.png
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 02:51:43
This page took 0.013 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language